One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Why The West's Financial Warfare Against Russia May Lead To The Real Thing | ZeroHedge
- Donetsk "Letter To Jews" Found To Be A Forgery | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap April 17, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Shareholder Value: Getting Rich Slowly | Financial Sense
- How Will Gold Respond to Global Deflation? | Financial Sense
- Are The Swiss Going Crazy? $25 Minimum Wage Referendum In May | ZeroHedge
- Risk On, Regardless | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Guys Confess To Their Worst Mistakes Made During Tech Job Interviews | Business Insider
- Coal Is Powering The Future, It's Going To Be Terrible For The... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Don't Blame the Companies | TheStreet.com
- Trading Radar for 04/10: Rite... | StreetInsider.com
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- 5 Proven Reasons You Should Be Eating More Dark Chocolate | Business Insider
- The Chart Of Government Job Losses Under Obama Will Never Get Old | Business Insider