One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FT's Tett: Gold “Tangible” and “Clear”; People “Unnerved” About “Money” in “Bottomless Cyber Space” | ZeroHedge
- When a Bubble Isn’t...? | ZeroHedge
- Futures In Fresh Record Territory As OECD Cuts Global Growth Projections Again | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rebounds On Reports OPEC Will Cut Supply, Seek Stricter Compliance | ZeroHedge
- Cutting Oil Production Will Not Solve OPEC’s Problems | Financial Sense
- Are Low Rates Responsible for High Valuations | Financial Sense
- The Real Reason Why The Swiss National Bank Hates The Gold Referendum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trailer For New Peter Pan Movie Features A Shot Of Cara Delevingne As A Mermaid... | Business Insider
- Spotify Is Your New Nightmare For Breakups | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 11/... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- That Time Angela Merkel Destroyed Putin's Machismo | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Does OPEC's Meeting Still Matter for Energy Stock Investors? | TheStreet.com