One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- For Robots Only: Amazon Sponsored Contest; Soft Fingers Needed | Financial Sense
- Here's Which Emerging Markets Are Most Vulnerable To "External Shock" | ZeroHedge
- Steve Keen Exclaims "The Fed Has Not Learnt Anything From The Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- De-Dollarization Continues As Russia Seeks AIIB Membership | ZeroHedge
- Dan Wantrobski on Why We're Not at a Market Top; Corrections Still Buying Opportunities | Financial Sense
- Q1 Earnings Season Is Going to Be Ugly | Financial Sense
- LiBeRTY HaNDS UP... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2 bodies have been found in the rubble of the East... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 5 simple internet safety tips from one of Google's information... | Business Insider
- Alps crash captain shouted 'open the damn door' | Business Insider
- Murray nears milestone with 499th career win | Business Insider
- The Arab world's poorest country is... | Business Insider
- World-power foreign ministers press for Iran deal | Business Insider