One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Contrary To IRS Lies, Some 30,000 Lois Lerner "Forever Lost" Emails Have Been Recovered | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Shifting Center of World Economy | Financial Sense
- Asian Gold Traders Suspicious Of Recent "Turbo Steroid Moves" | ZeroHedge
- Bill Cosby And GATA | ZeroHedge
- In Addition To China, Here Is What Other Central-Banks Moved Overnight Markets | ZeroHedge
- The Astonishing Rise of Central Bank Fear | ZeroHedge
- One of My Thirty Year Holds is in Play Today | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Messi breaks Liga record with hat-trick as Barca romp | Business Insider
- 17 Thanksgiving Hacks For The Best Meal Of Your Life | Business Insider
- Ferguson on edge ahead of grand jury decision | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Time to act on energy security, Biden tells EU | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Blackstone to buy GE's real estate in Japan for $1.6... | Business Insider