One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Banco Espirito Santo Plunges: Shareholder Meeting Cancelled Due To "Unexpected Facts" | ZeroHedge
- Is Hong Kong-US Dollar Link About To End? HKMA Buys $715 Million To Support Peg | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Oil Tumbles Below $100 - 10-Week Lows | ZeroHedge
- My High Beta Allocation | iBankCoin.com
- A SKeLeToN OF HiS OWN... | ZeroHedge
- Will Argentina’s Debt Crisis Rock the Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- You Know Iraq's Bad When... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Everything You Need To Know About Apple’s MacBook Pro Refresh | Business Insider
- Researchers Think They've Discovered A Happiness Gene | Business Insider
- BOEHNER: Obama Impeachment Talk Is A 'Scam' By Democrats To Raise Money | Business Insider
- This 2-Minute Trick Will Boost Your Productivity | Business Insider
- Yum! Brands Sinks After Disclosing China Probe (YUM, MCD) | Business Insider