One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Wrap: Futures Slide Despite Latest Central Bank Easing Blitz | ZeroHedge
- The Only Notable Thing About Today's Beige Book Release... | ZeroHedge
- The Psychology of a Sideways Trend | Financial Sense
- As The Battle For Tikrit Begins, A Map Of Who Controls What | ZeroHedge
- A Match Made In Subprime Hell | ZeroHedge
- What's America's Fragility Score? | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt Declined in January | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- British government sells stake in Eurostar | Business Insider
- The internet has mixed feelings about... | Business Insider
- Ken Griffin makes $90,000 per hour even while he's sleeping, according to his... | Business Insider
- This monster Koenigsegg hybrid hypercar is here to terrify Ferrari and Porsche | Business Insider
- France braces for ticking off over smacking children | Business Insider
- The NFL teams with the most money to spend in free agency | Business Insider
- If you're over 30, you're going to have to pay more for Tinder's... | Business Insider