One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- If Everything Is So Great, Then Why Do Two-Thirds Of Americans Say The Country Is On The Wrong Track? | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Rises At Fastest Rate Since Jan 2010 | ZeroHedge
- German Special Forces Raid Mosque, Apartments In Crackdown On Salafists | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY Surges On Headline Government Pressuring BOJ To Boost Stimulus; Bloomberg Denies | ZeroHedge
- With All Eyes On Tonight's BOJ Announcement, A "Minor" Snag Emerges | ZeroHedge
- Terrible News Is Great News - Traders Buy Everything After GDP Disappointment | ZeroHedge
- Who’s First With The Helicopters? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How companies are luring in customers with Facebook Live | Business Insider
- Credit Suisse made a surprise profit | Business Insider
- The UK can't decide whether to stay in or leave the EU customs union after Brexit | Business Insider
- A massive solar storm could pose a 'large-scale threat' to the fate of the... | Business Insider
- The creators of Pokémon Go hint they'll be shutting down the game's... | Business Insider
- Don’t give up on an older, slow computer before trying this simple upgrade... | Business Insider
- The 5 worst reasons for not including women in video games | Business Insider