One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US And China Share A Common Interest: Cyber Spying | ZeroHedge
- Q3:2013 Flow-of-Funds Report – ‘Tis the Season to Be Jolly | Financial Sense
- What The Chinese Really Think Of The Shanghai Smog | ZeroHedge
- South Carolina Is About To Pass A Bill To Nullify Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- Joining The Party | iBankCoin.com
- Global House Price Index Surges To Record High | ZeroHedge
- Fed Considering Even More Stimulus for Economy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Startup CEO Who Complained About San Francisco's Homeless Population Says He's '... | Business Insider
- The Victoria's Secret Angels Ranked By Popularity | Business Insider
- American Student Studying In England Severely Beaten... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (QQQ, SPY, DIA, COST) | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: Something Stanley Fischer Once Said Poses A Risk To Our Fed... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of... | StreetInsider.com