One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's Most Overvalued Companies Are... | ZeroHedge
- Ned Schmidt: Bear Market in Gold Is Over | Financial Sense
- Sweet Sixteen | iBankCoin.com
- The 99 Cent Non-Recovery: McDonalds US Sales Post Longest Negative Streak In Over A Decade | ZeroHedge
- One Emerging Market To Buy | ZeroHedge
- Europe Weakens Again As Investors Seek The Safety Of... Portuguese Stocks! | ZeroHedge
- The Iranian "Stolen Passport" Passenger Plot Thickens | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How A 20-Something CEO Running A $2 Billion Company Got Mark Cuban To Become His... | Business Insider
- How 'The... | Business Insider
- Paul Allen Is Taking His 'Tatoosh' Yacht Off The Market After Failing To... | Business Insider
- Lena Dunham Stars In 'Adam & Eve' Parody Of 'Girls... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- The Most Valuable Uniform In Sports Could Soon Be Worth More Than $200 Million Per... | Business Insider
- New 'Game Of Thrones' Trailer Teases The Dragons | Business Insider