One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Economics 101: Wal-Mart Hikes Minimum Wages, Prepares To Fire 1000 | ZeroHedge
- August Will Shine | iBankCoin.com
- Spinning Higher, As Scheduled | iBankCoin.com
- The Coming Credibility Hammer | ZeroHedge
- Quantum Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: July 30 | ZeroHedge
- Bad Data... Buy It All | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The death of the unicorns: How the interest rate... | Business Insider
- The mysterious identity of 4 critical leaders who shaped civilization in early colonial... | Business Insider
- This mind-boggling video showing a 360 degree view of NYC is absolutely riveting | Business Insider
- Israel PM calls Palestinian toddler death 'act of... | Business Insider
- A legally blind man took these amazing... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Congress is leaving behind a pile of... | Business Insider