One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China and Global Market Turbulence | Financial Sense
- One Theory About Last Monday's ETF Implosion | ZeroHedge
- Black(er) Monday Looms: Dow Futures Down 220 After J-Hole Speeches & China Fold | ZeroHedge
- Aug 31 - Fed Mester: US Economy Can Support Rate Increase | ZeroHedge
- This Trade Works Like Clockwork | ZeroHedge
- Citi Slams Today's Historic Oil Surge: "Another False Start, Time To Fade The Rally" | ZeroHedge
- The Financial Times Joins the "Ban Physical Cash" Chorus | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A look at the slaying of suburban Houston sheriff's... | Business Insider
- The truth about 'The Master Cleanse' diet | Business Insider
- These charts show the immensity of the US' defense budget | Business Insider
- Roma stun Juve as Chievo crush Lazio | Business Insider
- Egypt starts dig on Gaza border to stop smuggling tunnels... | Business Insider
- The 'George Clooney Effect' explains why younger women often pair up... | Business Insider
- Doping in spotlight despite Beijing fireworks | Business Insider