The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nervous Retailers Launch Ad Slamming Border Adjustment Tax | ZeroHedge
- The Surprise Factor | Financial Sense
- BOA: Investors Are Dumping Stocks | Financial Sense
- The Misplaced Animosity Towards Imports | Financial Sense
- German Inflation Jumps 2.2%, Surpassing ECB Target And Highest Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Making The Same Mistakes Again (Remember The 'Lord Clive') | ZeroHedge
- Obamas To Make Over $60 Million From Book Deal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Philippine police are getting ready to... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 7 details you may have missed on Sunday's 'The Walking Dead' | Business Insider
- Trump and union leaders find shaky common ground: 'He’s promised that he’s... | Business Insider
- Trump says 94 million Americans are out of the... | Business Insider
- Siberia's 'doorway to the underworld' is getting... | Business Insider
- A bizarre Instagram fad is responsible for Elmer’s glue shortages across the US (NWL) | Business Insider