The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTF Moment Of The Week: No One Bought Japanese Bonds For 36 Hours This Week | ZeroHedge
- Tanks Flying Russian Flag Enter East Ukraine City | ZeroHedge
- And The Highest Returning "Asset" Class In CNBC's 25 Years Is... | ZeroHedge
- NATO To Boost Air, Warship Presence Around Russia; Netherlands May Deploy F-16s To Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed Surges To 7-Month Highs As "Hope" Crashes To 1-Year Low | ZeroHedge
- 4 Key Reasons for CAPEX Accelerating | Financial Sense
- Bomb Squad Arrives At Boston Marathon Finish Line To Investigate Unattended Bags | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Check Out How Much Bigger A 4.7-Inch iPhone Looks Than The Current iPhone (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The Death Of The PC Market Is A Huge Problem For Intel (INTC) | Business Insider
- The Most Outrageous Things We Learned About The CEO Of Zappos From His Playboy... | Business Insider
- Here's How To Groom The 10-Day Beard That Women Find Sexiest | Business Insider
- Here's How Drones Will Become A Reality In Our Daily Lives — With... | Business Insider
- Caffeine Actually Hits Your Body In Four Different Ways | Business Insider
- CHART: NBA Tops All Sports Leagues With Highest Average Salary For Players | Business Insider