The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Unsuspecting Winners | iBankCoin.com
- The Credit Gradient | ZeroHedge
- The Bubble is in Cash, Not Stocks… | ZeroHedge
- 6 Reasons Why ECB Will Avoid QE As Long As Possible (And Why The Fed Did It) | ZeroHedge
- DON’T MESS WITH ME | iBankCoin.com
- Martin Armstrong Warns "Ferguson Is The Flash-Point In The Cycle Of War" | ZeroHedge
- Arms Trade Treaty: What Is It And Why Does It Matter? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Apple Would Address New Market with 12.9-Inch iPad For Businesses | TheStreet.com
- After... | StreetInsider.com
- What It’s Like To Witness An Execution | Business Insider
- Qantas Posts Record Annual Loss Of $2.65 billion | Business Insider
- Joan Rivers Rushed To NYC Hospital | Business Insider
- Obama says 'no strategy yet' as IS executes Syrian... | Business Insider