The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Morning Look | iBankCoin.com
- The Housing Bubble Explained in One Little Gem of an Excerpt... | ZeroHedge
- Futures Continue Rising As Illiquid Market Anticipates More Volatility In Today's Quad-Witching | ZeroHedge
- Contrarians Take Note: Investors Betting Big on Stocks | Financial Sense
- The "North Korea Hacking" Scandal As Explained By The Taiwanese Animators | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Is "Confused & Confusing" | ZeroHedge
- Is Russia Being Driven Into the Arms of China? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There Are 3 Overwhelming Favorites To Win The Super Bowl | Business Insider
- The App That Makes It Incredibly Easy For Hackers To Break Into Your iPhone Just Got... | Business Insider
- Boko Haram kidnaps at least 185 people in Nigeria | Business Insider
- This One Chart Shows Why Google Needs A 'Buy' Button (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Ruble Slipping Again As Putin Says The Situation Is... | Business Insider
- Growth Fears Nick Nike, but Basketball Sneakers May Save the Day | TheStreet.com
- The Cure For Syphilis Was Developed As... | Business Insider