The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WHERE THE FUCK IS YELLEN? | iBankCoin.com
- Renaming Mountains | ZeroHedge
- China PMI Contracts Fastest Since February-March 2009 | Financial Sense
- The "Great Accumulation" Is Over: The Biggest Risk Facing The World's Central Banks Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- Is China Dumping US Treasuries? | Financial Sense
- Just When You Thought It Couldn't Get Worse For Brazil... | ZeroHedge
- BASELESS FABRIC OF A VISION | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Premier League clubs spent $1.4 billion on players during summer transfer... | Business Insider
- Battle lines are being drawn ahead of a... | Business Insider
- Portugal moves to Plan B in effort to sell rescued bank | Business Insider
- Grand opening: College football starts, playoff talk begins... | Business Insider
- Etsy is in trouble over its tax practises (ETSY) | Business Insider
- Twitter just made a big leadership change to its struggling... | Business Insider
- Asian stock markets fluctuate on signs of China support | Business Insider