The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Prices to 1-Week Low as Safe Haven Demand Falls | Financial Sense
- The Green Bird Scowl at Shorts | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Regulators Easing Mortgage Credit Requirements | Financial Sense
- Big Four Economic Indicators Show Possible Rollover | Financial Sense
- Technical Lines in the Sand; All Eyes on the FOMC | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices Sink 3% to 4-Year Low | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What IBM CEO Ginni Rometty Is Doing To Turn The Company Around | Business Insider
- FORGET GOLD: Here Are 11 Odd Items People Use To Store Their Wealth | Business Insider
- It Would Take Bill Gates 218 Years To Spend All His Money | Business Insider
- Gold slumps to four-year low as Fed calls time on... | Business Insider
- Apple Pay fails to unify fragmented market | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- The Fed's First Rate Hike Is In Sight | Business Insider