The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Real Bubble: Average M&A Multiple Hits 16x As First Half Volume Crosses Record $1 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- The Superpower Conundrum - The Rise and Fall of Just About Everything | ZeroHedge
- Reflections on France | Financial Sense
- Sugar Daddies Are Paying Their Share Of The $1.3 Trillion Student Loan Balance | ZeroHedge
- The Surprising Demise of Reddit | ZeroHedge
- Happy Independence Day, Brought To You By The Chinese | ZeroHedge
- BofA's Dire Prediction: Only Direct Government Buying Can Save China Stocks Now | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Director Kevin Smith just lost 85 pounds by making 2 simple lifestyle changes | Business Insider
- Here's your complete preview of this week's big economic events | Business Insider
- This YouTube video of fireworks has been viewed over 8 million times | Business Insider
- Crying Greek pensioner: the story behind the poignant... | Business Insider
- Britain's Princess Charlotte christened in intimate... | Business Insider
- Manila charges crew, owners of sunk ferry with murder... | Business Insider
- Google is working on a mysterious new product that could be a new Google Glass... | Business Insider