The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- A Confused Janet Yellen Tries To Figure Out If Stocks Are In A Bubble, Fails | ZeroHedge
- Fed Admits It Has No Clue | Financial Sense
- The Old Wall Street Trader Is Dead, Algo’s Now Rule the Day | Financial Sense
- Loss of FBI Reputation Irredeemable: James Comey Will Resign | ZeroHedge
- How Sand Is Leading to a Fracking Comeback | Financial Sense
- "The Hillary Coverup Operation" - How PRN Described Clinton's 60-Day "Email Retention Policy" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Everyone on Wall Street is talking about the same 2 words | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- PHOTOS: The last time you'll ever see 7 F-22s at Edwards Air Force Base | Business Insider
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Chatbots But Were... | Business Insider
- Twitter needs to sell now or risk becoming another Yahoo (TWTR, YHOO) | Business Insider
- Stephen Hawking warned us about contacting aliens, but this astronomer says it... | Business Insider
- UK doctors have called off a series of strikes scheduled for the next three months... | Business Insider