The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deleveraging, Releveraging And Finding The New Saturation Point | ZeroHedge
- Euphoria Cracks As Ben Drops Hint Of Tapering After All | ZeroHedge
- Fortune Belongs to the Bold | Financial Sense
- UNSCATHED | iBankCoin.com
- Seeing Shades of Grey in the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
- Trade Recap | iBankCoin.com
- Present Shock And The Loss Of History And Context | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Samsung's Galaxy S4 Is The Fastest Selling Android Phone... | Business Insider
- Gwyneth Paltrow On Why Getting Paid $2 Million To Be A Brand... | Business Insider
- 81 Year-Old Seeks Everest Peak Days After 80 Year-Old Set Record | Business Insider
- Apple's Computer Watch Isn't Coming Til Late 2014 – Analyst (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The Market Sell-Off Is Getting Ugly — Dow Off 115 | Business Insider
- Foreigners Are Piling Into Japanese... | Business Insider
- Why There Was An Insane Flash Crash In Utilities Stocks At The Opening Bell | Business Insider