The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Homeland Security To Restrict West Africa Travelers Entry To America | ZeroHedge
- Won't You Be My Neighbor? | ZeroHedge
- The Crocodile Jaws Spring Open Again, Preparing To Bite | ZeroHedge
- Guess Who Wasn't Shorting Treasurys | ZeroHedge
- Short Seller Caught On Tape | iBankCoin.com
- The Long Awaited 10% Correction Just Happened; Cramer: No Bottom Until Ebola Contained | Financial Sense
- A Check-Back Into Halloween | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nearly Eight Years Into The Drug War, These Are Mexico's 7 Most Notorious... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- EMC Is Hosting A Special News Conference Thursday (EMC) | Business Insider
- A Rumor About QE Is Rocking European Markets | Business Insider
- 7 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting An Office Romance | Business Insider
- San Francisco's 2015 Michelin Ratings Are Out — And There Are 2 New 3-Star... | Business Insider