The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mario Draghi's Slippery Downward Slope | ZeroHedge
- The Happiness Industry: How Government And Big Business Manipulate Your Moods For Profit | ZeroHedge
- Durable Goods Orders Slide YoY 4th Month In A Row Despite Dramatic Upward Revisions | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns "Kiss Your Pension Fund Goodbye" | ZeroHedge
- China's Third Bond Default Imminent: Coke Supplier To Miss Payment | ZeroHedge
- US Services PMI Slides To Lowest Since January | ZeroHedge
- Futures In The Red On Europe Jitters Ahead Of Obligatory Low-Volume Levitation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Snapchat now has nearly 100 million daily users | Business Insider
- Murray into French Open second round | Business Insider
- The state of the world’s big emerging markets | Business Insider
- Google is playing catchup with Facebook and Microsoft in this one key area —... | Business Insider
- BILL GROSS: My 'short of a lifetime' was 'well timed... | Business Insider
- Here’s what the $56 billion Charter and Time Warner Cable merger is... | Business Insider