The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Welfare Nation Alert: Disability Fund To Run Out Of Cash In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Our Top 10 Must-Listen Broadcasts for 2015 | Financial Sense
- AIIB, SDRs, and the Yuan – Latest Developments | Financial Sense
- Weather Constrained Retail: Focus on Outdoor Dining | Financial Sense
- Final Q4 GDP Unchanged At 2.2%, Below Expectations; Corporate Profits Tumble | ZeroHedge
- Market View Update - March 2015 | Financial Sense
- De-Dollarization Continues As Russia Seeks AIIB Membership | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Researchers at McGill say Facebook is polluted with fake 'Likes' (FB) | Business Insider
- Go inside an abandoned NASCAR race track that's been left to rot for the... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, CVX,... | Business Insider
- Here's a simple, effective strategy for navigating a career change | Business Insider
- UN staff flee Yemen as Hadi urges decisive campaign | Business Insider
- Late goals save day for Netherlands, Italy | Business Insider