The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Six Dangerous Leftist Concepts | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Takes Fresh Toll on Sterling, While Dollar Firms | Financial Sense
- GOP Lawmaker: "If I Were A Betting Man, I'd Say There Won't Be A Vote Today" | ZeroHedge
- Trader Warns: Forget The Healthcare Bill, "The Psychological Damage Has Been Done" | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Paul Ryan Explains Why He Pulled The Health Bill | ZeroHedge
- Trump Approves TransCanada's Keystone XL Pipeline | ZeroHedge
- Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Some of the biggest tech stocks in the world have been outpaced by…... | Business Insider
- Former Homeland Security chief: ’Trump talks about winning — right now, Putin is winning... | Business Insider
- We should never have told people to start taking vitamins | Business Insider
- This simple travel hack can get you a free night in a 5-star hotel | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- The first 'Super Mario' game for Android is excellent, gorgeous, and too short | Business Insider