The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Debunking the French Report on Syrian Chemical Weapons | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Machine-Gun Wielding Robots And 'HyperSubs' Of Modern Warfare | ZeroHedge
- "It's Just Crazy" (Again): 2-Bedroom LA House Sells 40% Above Asking | ZeroHedge
- Why The Crude Rally Has Fizzled - Part 3 (Of 3) | ZeroHedge
- House Passes Stopgap Spending Bill Averting Government Shutdown; Senate Next | ZeroHedge
- Two Blondes, Two Fates | ZeroHedge
- Building the "Perfect" Digital Investment Portfolio & How to Value "Hard to Value" tokens, Pt 1 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Justin Trudeau is not the leader of the free world | Business Insider
- Here's the story that will finally convince you to call your cell phone company,... | Business Insider
- People are furiously canceling their... | Business Insider
- 11 innovative egg gadgets that will cut down on the time it takes to make breakfast | Business Insider
- David Einhorn is wrong about the Tesla bubble (TSLA) | Business Insider
- NFL draft pick has a priceless story about finding out he got... | Business Insider
- Here's why the US economy usually stinks at the beginning of the year | Business Insider