The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germany Shuts Down Canadian Bank Tied To Money Laundering | ZeroHedge
- Gold to Beat Stocks? | Financial Sense
- Gold Spikes To 8-Month Highs, Silver Breaks Key Technical Level | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crashes To $27 Handle As US Energy Credit Risk Spikes Above 1500bps To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Futures, Global Stocks Tumble As Europe Bank, Periphery Carnage Unfolds | ZeroHedge
- Abenomics Fails Miserably As Japan's Workers "Get Nothing" In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week: Janet Yellen Testifies, China Closed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 incredible pieces of art created by robots | Business Insider
- A medication used to treat heroin addiction could become the first fast-acting... | Business Insider
- The market for construction workers is drying up | Business Insider
- Consumer and retail news: 10 things you need to know today | Business Insider
- The only way to get out of Amazon's terms of service is a zombie apocalypse (AMZN) | Business Insider
- A man may have been killed by a meteorite for the... | Business Insider
- Traders are placing huge bets on the future of oil | Business Insider