The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Biggest Threat To America | ZeroHedge
- Why Amazon Is Crashing: Jeff Bezos' Nightmare Quarters In Charts | ZeroHedge
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- Burst Chinese Housing Bubble Leads To First Annual Price Decline Since 2012; Prices Drop In Record 69 Cities | ZeroHedge
- About that $FMSA Trade and More | iBankCoin.com
- Revisiting Truth's Moment | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Marquez grabs pole for Malaysian MotoGP | Business Insider
- #GrammarGate Is A Hilarious Take On The Latest Twitter Controversy | Business Insider
- Microsoft's PR Boss Had A Funny Response To Google's Big News (MSFT, GOOG... | Business Insider
- These Disturbing Photos Of Children Playing In Garbage Show Just How Disgustingly... | Business Insider
- This Comet Stinks | Business Insider
- THE EUROPEAN CHESSBOARD: Here's A Map Of The Confrontation Between Russia... | Business Insider
- BARCLAYS: These 25 Stocks Are Ready To Bounce Back From The... | Business Insider