The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- President Of The European Parliament: "It Is Not The EU Philosophy That The Crowd Can Decide Its Fate" | ZeroHedge
- Some Bad And Some Worse News For Stock Buybacks | ZeroHedge
- Bank of America: "If You Are Going To Panic, Panic Early" | ZeroHedge
- Farage Slams The EU Parliament: "You're Not Laughing Now Are You?" | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Is What Happens When The Pie Is Shrinking | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela, Look to Ecuador and Dollarize | ZeroHedge
- These "Brexit" Market Moves Were Bigger Than Anything Seen In 2008... And What Comes Next | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This non-profit is fighting to house all... | Business Insider
- Here's a really easy way to improve your mood and your health | Business Insider
- JD.com's annual one-day summer sale nets 100 million... | Business Insider
- Markets are roaring back | Business Insider
- Twitter adds stickers for photo posts (TWTR) | Business Insider
- There is one drug in the world that can make you smarter —... | Business Insider
- Why thieves steal soap | Business Insider