The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Best Investment Ever? | ZeroHedge
- Former Fed Governor Admits "Fed Is Not Data Dependent; It Is Propping Up Asset Markets" | ZeroHedge
- July 26-27 – The Fed Will Put Us on Notice for a September 20-21 Rate Hike | Financial Sense
- Will Brexit Put the Bond Bull Out to Pasture? | Financial Sense
- Hillary Clinton Picks Tim Kaine For Vice President | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jul 22, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Does Everyone Hate Ted Cruz: The Answer In One Diagram | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'The Walking Dead' just premiered the first season 7 trailer at Comic-Con and... | Business Insider
- Leslie Jones celebrates her victory over the racist Twitter trolls who... | Business Insider
- Oil rig count rises for a 4th straight week | Business Insider
- Incredible time-lapse shows 1 year in the life of Earth | Business Insider
- 9 business ideas you can implement for under $1,... | Business Insider
- The UK's gloomy economy after the Brexit may be temporary | Business Insider
- US Justice Department formally charges 3 people in massive, $1... | Business Insider