The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fighting the Good Fight at Last Stand Hill | iBankCoin.com
- Sergey Lavrov: "If Russian Troops Or People Attacked, We'll Retaliate" | ZeroHedge
- Groupthink Or Black Swan Rising? Not A Single 'Economist' Expects An Economic Downturn | ZeroHedge
- The "Real Pain" Is About To Begin As Chinese Currency Slumps To 19-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Is VIX (Even More) Broken? | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Credit Bubble in History Runs Out Of Time | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Collapse To 8 Month Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- FCC Chairman Promises He's Not Trying To Ruin The Internet | Business Insider
- The 11 Most Powerful Militaries In The World | Business Insider
- NEW YORKERS: Brace Yourselves For The Montreal-New York Bagel Hybrid | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Obama Is Eating At The Legendary 'Jiro Dreams Of Sushi' Restaurant | Business Insider
- Apple Delivered The Ultimate 'Rashomon' Earnings Report Last Night (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Kidnapped Vice Journalist Has Been Released From Captivity By Pro-Russian Militia | Business Insider