The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Virginia Schools Ban 'To Kill A Mockingbird,' 'Huck Finn' Over Racial Slurs | ZeroHedge
- "Fake News" Site Threatens Washington Post With Defamation Suit, Demands Retraction | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Pension Showdown: Mayor Seeks to “Target Those Who Got Rich From System” | Financial Sense
- Donald Trump Is Time Magazine's 2016 "Person Of The Year" | ZeroHedge
- Mallaby knives Greenspan following gold comments | ZeroHedge
- How Twitter Bots Affected the US Presidential Campaign | Financial Sense
- Trump’s Shot Across China’s Bow | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Syrian army reportedly seizes Aleppo Old City from rebels... | Business Insider
- Microsoft was the first tech giant to take the leap into legal weed — here's... | Business Insider
- Samsung’s share of the high-end smartphone market may be... | Business Insider
- 10 businesses you can start from a dorm room | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, C, AAPL, CS... | Business Insider
- Markets are muted after Italy referendum but instability... | Business Insider
- DOW HITS ALL-TIME HIGH: Here's what you need to know (AMZN) | Business Insider