The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The Scots Welcome 'Visitors' | ZeroHedge
- And The 'Fakest' Country In The World Is... | ZeroHedge
- Paris, Sharm el-Sheikh, and the Resurrection of Old Europe | Financial Sense
- Submerging Markets | ZeroHedge
- Dirty Connecticut Mayor (Sentenced To Prison For Corruption) Reelected In Landslide | ZeroHedge
- Russia Retaliates: Putin Reveals Sanctions Against Turkey | ZeroHedge
- He Lived Through Hyperinflation, Devaluation And Confiscation: This Is His Advice | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Swiss Franc just took a sudden dive | Business Insider
- The 13 most controversial apps you can still download today — from ISIS... | Business Insider
- Chinese stocks fall after probes of brokers launched | Business Insider
- AFC boss 'confident' next FIFA leader will be Asian | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Walmart customers furious after website delays on... | Business Insider
- Wall Street bull explains how stocks can rally another 10% from here through 2016 (SPX,... | Business Insider