The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Breaking Bad (Debt) - Episode 2 | ZeroHedge
- BiBi GoeS To ViCHY... | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross: "Central Banks Have Gone Too Far In Their Misguided Efforts To Support Economic Growth" | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The 145 Solution - Sapience, Not Sentience | ZeroHedge
- THE NEXT BIG THING IS RIGHT HERE | iBankCoin.com
- We Have Nothing to Fear but a Lack of Fear Itself | Financial Sense
- "Spectacular Developments" In Austria: Bail-In Arrives After €7.6 Billion Bad Bank Capital Hole "Discovered" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Keita salvages point but Juve tighten grip | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Curt Schilling destroys 2 dudes who were harassing his daughter on Twitter | Business Insider
- Hong Kong lawmakers hand themselves in to police over... | Business Insider
- We just learned more about the sequel to one of the hottest phones of 2014, and it sounds a lot... | Business Insider
- Big US banks batten down as tighter regulation looms | Business Insider
- The most important line of Benjamin Netanyahu... | Business Insider