The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Long-Term Look at Inflation | Financial Sense
- Bump and Run Coverage | iBankCoin.com
- Confused Hamas Demands Truce But Only On Its Terms | ZeroHedge
- Ackman Has 6 Months Left To Come Up With The Devastating-est HLF Presentation Ever | ZeroHedge
- Cows Versus Bulls | ZeroHedge
- World Oil Production – Where Are We Headed? | Financial Sense
- Senate Democrats Push To Triple Israel's Iron-Dome Aid To $576 Million | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- AT&T, With DirecTV, Has the Firepower for a Major Stock Move | TheStreet.com
- Why Apple Stock Is Gaining Today | TheStreet.com
- REPORT: Apple Will Have A New MacBook With Super-Sharp Screen This Fall (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Facebook's Stock Is Going Crazy This Morning (FB) | Business Insider
- It's Obvious That An Independent Scotland Just Won't Be... | Business Insider
- Take A Tour Of Spotify's New NYC Office (And Their Really Cool Graffiti Art... | Business Insider
- Terror Threat Against Norway | Business Insider