The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Went Wrong Yesterday | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slump, Oil Slides To $46 Handle After Saudis Say No "Significant Intervention Necessary" | ZeroHedge
- CNN Cancels Dr. Drew's Show One Week After He Voiced "Grave Concern" For Hillary's Health | ZeroHedge
- How to Leave the European Union | Financial Sense
- Bianco: Brexit Probably Most Bullish Thing That Happened This Summer | Financial Sense
- Restaurants In D.C. Slash Jobs After Minimum Wage Hike | ZeroHedge
- Another Warning Sign | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This ingenious pan will cut down the time you spend cooking and cleaning dishes | Business Insider
- Meet the obscure blogger who reversed the recession | Business Insider
- A Norwegian man got stuck down a loo trying to find a... | Business Insider
- A heart doctor reveals if you can really die from a broken heart | Business Insider
- This technology could triple the speed and double... | Business Insider
- The story behind the 'burkini,' the swimwear for Muslim women that cities in France tried... | Business Insider
- Flywire expands its healthcare payments offering | Business Insider