The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- White House Admits Russian Hackers Read Obama's Unclassified Emails | ZeroHedge
- TaRGeT LiBeRTY... | ZeroHedge
- US May Use Cyberattacks As Offensive Weapon, DoD Says | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Blue Jasmine | iBankCoin.com
- Second Quarter Outlook | Financial Sense
- Luck and the Paradox of Skill | Financial Sense
- Is Greece About To "Lose" Its Gold Again? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The biggest NFL Draft busts ever | Business Insider
- The future of our everyday devices is a material you've never heard of | Business Insider
- New book shows Spain's royals no longer untouchable | Business Insider
- Women get asked this seemingly-harmless question all the time, but... | Business Insider
- There's a funny reason people didn't understand how to use... | Business Insider
- Jeff Bezos: Winning a Golden Globe 'increased sales of power tools... | Business Insider
- The capital of Nepal turns into a 'tent... | Business Insider