The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 30 Year Yield Drops Below 3.00% As Richmond Fed Tumbles Most Since 2006 | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- "Bearish" Mark Spitznagel Profiting Strongly Since 2009, Warns "Only So Much Debt An Economy Can Take" | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences | Financial Sense
- Housing Data Broadly Mixed | Financial Sense
- Apple Market Cap Tops $700 Billion, Netflix Goes Red In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- And The Award For "Americans' Favorite Government Agency" Goes To... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Obama Calls For Violent Ferguson Protesters To Be Prosecuted | Business Insider
- Uber Will Be Valued At $40 Billion In New Round, Says Report | Business Insider
- The Most Successful Alumni From Each Of Oxford's Colleges | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Why Spotify's CEO Works In 5-Year Spurts | Business Insider
- Here's What's New On Netflix In December | Business Insider