The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NIRP Has Officially Arrived: Interactive Brokers Starts Charging 0.25% On Yen Cash Balances | ZeroHedge
- You're Next! | ZeroHedge
- Why We're So Unhealthy | ZeroHedge
- Seymour Hersh Says Hillary Approved Sending Libya's Sarin To Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Forming: China Heading Back Into Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- PRECIOUS METALS INVESTOR: Must See Important Charts & Data | ZeroHedge
- Let's Stop Pretending Nuclear Power Is Commercially Viable | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 hidden PlayStation 4 features only power users know about | Business Insider
- We tested what might be one of the best hoodies out there | Business Insider
- Wall Street's new favorite 'clubstaurant' is stupid and serves bad food,... | Business Insider
- Why this type of stress might actually be good | Business Insider
- Sam Adams founder says these 10 books helped him build a billion-dollar... | Business Insider
- POWER RANKINGS: Here's who has the best chance at being our next... | Business Insider
- A marketing professor explains why so many smart people aren't happy | Business Insider