The Volatility ETF hits the Reset Button
A bit of nothing up my sleeve work from the from the brain-trust at Proshares. They did a sneaky reverse split on the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN 's (VXX) on Friday.
The reverse stock split turned 4 shares to 1 share of the VXX. Boosting the stock price of the VXX from $8 to $35 overnight. The VXX did have a good today as stocks couldn't make up their mind on which direction or which headline to believe. Volatility was brought back into the forefront with the VXX finished up 4% to close at $35.98.
Should the market continue to flip-flop John Kerry style then the VXX makes for a decent play. However place tight stops if you intend on trading it. Use caution and only apply ample amounts (much like zit cream).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Gold and Silver Stocks Are for Losers | iBankCoin.com
- Rice From Fukushima Was Served To Japanese Government Officials, And Then Something Odd Happened | ZeroHedge
- So, This is How Lululemon Just Announced the Firm’s New CEO | iBankCoin.com
- This Is How Much The Banks Paid To Get The "Volcker Rule" Outcome They Desired | ZeroHedge
- Will the Shale Gas Revolution Make North America’s LNG Ambitions Obsolete? | Financial Sense
- Uruguay Legalizes Pot Trade, But Who "Uses" The Most? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Website Advertises A Bunch Of Jobs That Pay In Bitcoin | Business Insider
- Westjet Airlines And Santa Claus Gave These Passengers A... | Business Insider
- Chris Paul's Son Steals Blake Griffin's Locker In A New Foot Locker... | Business Insider
- The Coldest Temperature Ever Recorded On Earth Was Just Captured By... | Business Insider
- These 50 Major US Companies Have Zero Women On Their Boards | Business Insider
- CHART: The Most Mindblowing Statistic About Upworthy, The Viral Site That's Driving... | Business Insider
- These Are The 10 Healthiest States In The US | Business Insider