Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Madness Swirls at House Judiciary Committee as Comey Attempts to Justify Hillary Innocence | ZeroHedge
- "People Are Mad" - Dave Collum Warns "Existential Change Is In The Air" | ZeroHedge
- NAR Warns "Current Housing Recovery Could Stall" As Pending Home Sales Slump To 7-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Live Feed: NJ Transit Commuter Train Crashes Into Hoboken Station: 1 Dead, 2 Critical, Up To 100 Injured | ZeroHedge
- OPEC Agrees On First Oil Production Cut Since 2008, But Biggest Question Remains Unanswered | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged | Financial Sense
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers, Major UK Construction Firm CEO Warns | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The yen is tumbling (USD, DXY, JPY, NZD, NOK) | Business Insider
- A celebrity chef says a pair of spring-loaded tongs is the one tool no kitchen should be... | Business Insider
- You can buy some of Patagonia's best sellers for fall at a rare... | Business Insider
- How one ex-Googler convinced developers to leave Silicon... | Business Insider
- A Tesla Model S was driving with Autopilot when it got into a bus crash in Germany... | Business Insider
- A psychologist who studies creepiness explains why clowns bother people | Business Insider
- A sleep doctor says there are 4 types of people — and these are the ideal daily... | Business Insider