Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is it Time to Get Defensive? | Financial Sense
- Taxation As A Severe Insult | ZeroHedge
- Giving "Thanks" To The Fed - Holiday Dinner Has Never Been More Expensive | ZeroHedge
- WTF Headline Of The Day: Anti-Gun Police Chief Urges Public To "Take Out" Active Gunmen If Possible | ZeroHedge
- 800 Shotguns Headed To Belgium From Turkey Seized In Italy | ZeroHedge
- Obama Put Taiwan on ISIS Radar | ZeroHedge
- They Sow The Cyclone - We Reap The Blowback | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Get ready for the first official driverless car race | Business Insider
- Favre throws kind words at Packers successor, Rodgers | Business Insider
- Spurs a title threat, admits Chelsea boss Mourinho | Business Insider
- You'll feel like you own a private island at this resort in the middle of the ocean | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Police: Puig gets swollen eye during encounter with... | Business Insider
- Rain, ice coat parts of Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas | Business Insider