Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Forget China - Oil Price Is Main Driver Of Market Turmoil | ZeroHedge
- The "Great Accumulation" Is Over: The Biggest Risk Facing The World's Central Banks Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- Dow Futures Plunge 240 Points As Oil Drops 4% Ahead Of China PMI | ZeroHedge
- What Declining Global Reserves Mean For Bond Yields: Goldman's Take | ZeroHedge
- The Alarming Regularity of 6 and 7-Sigma Events Illustrates Why a Deep Understanding of Banker-Induced Fraud is a Necessity | ZeroHedge
- WHAT DID I MISS? | iBankCoin.com
- The Scariest Chart For Global Stocks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Instagram just made it a lot less annoying to share photos | Business Insider
- Wills of millions of Americans now available online | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (YHOO, GOOG,... | Business Insider
- Phil Mickelson tried to hit his famous backwards shot at The Barclays and it almost... | Business Insider
- A 25-year-old Brazilian mayor is in trouble after running her town... | Business Insider
- Nearly all seabirds will have ingested plastic by 2050 | Business Insider