Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Boston Fed Admits There Is No Exit, Suggests QE Become "Normal Monetary Policy" | ZeroHedge
- Greek Blame Game: At Whom Will History Point The Finger? | ZeroHedge
- Inside The Fed's "Doomsday" Bunker | ZeroHedge
- Despite US Services PMI Miss, Markit Says "FOMC Should Normalize Policy Sooner" | ZeroHedge
- For Nazi Industrialists And Hitler's Banker "All Was Forgiven" | ZeroHedge
- Machines Shift To "Spoofing" Soybeans & OatsToday | ZeroHedge
- The View at 30,000 Feet | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A former top adviser destroyed Obama's Iraq policy in one sentence | Business Insider
- Barca guarding against complacency in La Liga title push | Business Insider
- Growth pause, Greek crisis could keep Fed mum on rate rise... | Business Insider
- Why Facebook is the best company to work for in America | Business Insider
- The highest-earning women have these personality types | Business Insider
- The creator of Edward Snowden documentary... | Business Insider
- How we ranked our list of the 50 best companies to work for in... | Business Insider