Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Evidence Reveals Iran Evaded Sanctions, Continued Nuclear Weapon Development With Venezuela | ZeroHedge
- Negative Rates and Cash Bans: The Chaos Continues at Jackson Hole | ZeroHedge
- Pensions, Oy Vey | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- Weekly Market Recap Aug 28, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- It Begins: Barney Frank Tells Yellen Not To Hike Before The Election, "It Risks Destabilizing Markets" | ZeroHedge
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We're getting a glimpse of the real Uber — and it... | Business Insider
- Juan Gabriel, Mexican superstar singer, dead at 66 | Business Insider
- 7 things to keep in mind when inflation returns | Business Insider
- We played with the $1,000 case that stops your phone from spying on you | Business Insider
- There will be 24 billion IoT devices installed on Earth... | Business Insider
- One of the most popular trades in the world is no longer profitable | Business Insider
- Finding an apartment in San Francisco is so hard, a programmer... | Business Insider