Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- Synthetic Biology - Using Machines to Reprogram DNA | Financial Sense
- We're in a Global Bear Market, Says Leading Technician | Financial Sense
- Target2 Imbalances Grow: ECB Overtakes Greece as Third Largest Debtor | Financial Sense
- Brexit GBP collapse a great FX example | ZeroHedge
- IMF Blames Bad Loans For Mozambique's Soaring Debt-To-GDP Ratio | ZeroHedge
- The $555 Trillion Derivatives Debt Implosion Is About to Begin | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Hezbollah vows that 'as long as there is... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 4 things to find out before you buy a fixer-upper | Business Insider
- US government warns of blockchain risks | Business Insider
- 'These are not allies': The most potent force fighting ISIS in Iraq... | Business Insider
- LeBron James had a great response when the top pick in the NBA Draft said he... | Business Insider