Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Set For Bigger Drop As Historic Gasoline Glut Forces Early Switch To Winter Blends | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 26 | ZeroHedge
- DNC Day 2: Raucous Roll-Call & Bubba Speaks - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- New Legislation Proposes To "Bail-In' Social Security | ZeroHedge
- Tuesday Humor: Richmond Fed Survey Beats Expectations By 7 Standard Deviations | ZeroHedge
- 2 Killed, Up To 17 Injured In Fort Myers, Florida Nightclub Shooting | ZeroHedge
- "30 Seconds To Midnight" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The diets of 6 Olympic athletes prove you can eat a ton and still be in... | Business Insider
- This is one of the most important things every student should take back to school | Business Insider
- Science reveals 10 great things that happen after 30 | Business Insider
- 8 books Tony Robbins thinks everyone should read | Business Insider
- 'We trusted you!': Elizabeth Warren repeatedly heckled, booed during DNC... | Business Insider
- MARK CUBAN: Maybe Trump isn't releasing his tax returns because... | Business Insider
- PayPal breaks new company records (PYPL) | Business Insider