Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs | Financial Sense
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
- Asian Gold Traders Suspicious Of Recent "Turbo Steroid Moves" | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences | Financial Sense
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- China Manufacturing PMI and Output Back in Contraction | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Flooding fears mount in snowed-in area of New York state... | Business Insider
- It'll Be A Busy 4-Day Week For The Economy — Here's Your Complete... | Business Insider
- Scientists Just Figured Out How To Serve Espresso In Space | Business Insider
- 'Anti-Barbie' doll goes on sale on US | Business Insider
- Jameis Winston Avoids A Huge Disaster When He Shoves A Ref And Doesn't Get Ejected... | Business Insider
- New Kerry, Zarif meeting in Iran nuclear talks: US | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek