Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Baltimore Millennials' "City Life" Narrative Starts To Crack | ZeroHedge
- China Update - Why Is the Consensus Now So Optimistic? | Financial Sense
- NBC News Writes "What Should You Do In Case Of Nuclear Attack?" | ZeroHedge
- You Got Trumped! Trump tax plan taxing for the maestro of negotiation? | ZeroHedge
- Doug Casey On Why It's OK To Discriminate | ZeroHedge
- Naysayer Reality Check: Waymo’s Self-Driving Taxi Debuts in Phoenix, for Free | Financial Sense
- US To Test Fire ICBM Tonight That Can Reach North Korea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A mysterious pair of Google headphones have shown up in FCC... | Business Insider
- Chris Pratt nails why 'The Avengers' worked so much... | Business Insider
- Japan issues guide on how to survive nuclear-missile... | Business Insider
- 'Homeless billionaire' Nicolas Berggruen just bought a $40 million... | Business Insider
- House Republicans are trying to bring down Obamacare —... | Business Insider
- The best racing game ever made is getting a truly insane addition | Business Insider
- Under Armour spikes after losing less money than expected (UA... | Business Insider