Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama's Latest Speech About The Economic "Recovery" Results In Mass Audience Exodus | ZeroHedge
- On The Origin Of Crashes & Clustering Of Large Losses | ZeroHedge
- Going Into Q3, Hedge Funds Have Never Been More Bullish | ZeroHedge
- A New Look for the Weekly Strategy Session | iBankCoin.com
- The Commodities Trading Cheat-Sheet | ZeroHedge
- Three Of The Four JPMorgan "Market Bottom" Indicators Are All Flashing "Oversold" Green | ZeroHedge
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Design Genius Jony Ive Thinks The iPhone's Competitors Are... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 9-Time NHL All-Star Jeremy Roenick Describes Life After 13... | Business Insider
- China's Only Air Craft Carrier Is Having Some Technical Difficulties | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Record-equalling Marseille make it eight in a row | Business Insider
- Amazing Things Happen When Texans Get Their Hands On Ferraris | Business Insider