Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Physical Gold Will ‘Trump’ Paper Gold | ZeroHedge
- Member of DC Anti-Fascist Coalition penned defenses of adult-child sex in late 1990's | ZeroHedge
- America - Under New Management | ZeroHedge
- Tucker Carlson Takes on DNC Chair Candidate Jehmu Greene and Humilitates Her | ZeroHedge
- CoLD WaR NuT JoB... | ZeroHedge
- While Davos Elites Address Populism, Just "Eight Men Own Same Wealth As Half The World" | ZeroHedge
- Ignore At Your Peril | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I played Nintendo's new game console, the Switch — this is what it's like | Business Insider
- Claire's withdraws its IPO | Business Insider
- Trump's multibillion-dollar administration still has work to do to clear up... | Business Insider
- United Airlines beat fourth quarter earnings estimates, but a massive tax... | Business Insider
- In 2 months, the Dutch vote will set off Europe's 'super... | Business Insider
- This discreet desk peddler makes exercising at work easier than ever | Business Insider
- The CIO of a $490 billion fund on the one '... | Business Insider