Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Churn ‘Em and Burn ‘Em | iBankCoin.com
- The Iran "Talks" - Just Another US vs Russia (And China) Power Game | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Startling Student Debt Numbers That Every Young Person Should See | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's "Excel Fat Finger" - Says Earlier GDP Estimate Was A Mistake, Lowers Q1 GDP Tracking To Just 0.8% | ZeroHedge
- ‘Peak Gold’ in 2015? - Goldman Sachs Research Warns of Peak Gold Production | ZeroHedge
- Muslims, Jews, Scientologists, African-Americans, Inmates & Neo-Nazis Carry Out False Flags | ZeroHedge
- Rick Santelli Has to be Pissed | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China's new development bank is becoming... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com
- A former CFO is now unemployed and living on foodstamps after his rant against... | Business Insider
- Finding housing in New York City is stressful — here's the strategy I've used | Business Insider
- How Cameron could avoid throwing his party into chaos if he... | Business Insider
- The first viable product made with 'wonder material' graphene is about... | Business Insider
- On the eve of World War II, a palm reader shared his insights into Hitler's behavior and... | Business Insider