Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US Military Lied To Thousands Of Soldiers (And Now Veterans Are Paying for It) | ZeroHedge
- America's "Two-Party System" Has Jumped The Shark | ZeroHedge
- The Drone War Is On: Australian Startup Beats Google, Amazon | Financial Sense
- The Path To Total Dictatorship: America's Shadow Government And Its Silent Coup | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in September | Financial Sense
- Radioactive Iodine Leak Reported At Norwegian Nuclear Research Reactor | ZeroHedge
- Are You Ready? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Twitter switched its earnings to 4 a.m. Pacific Time...and the memes are... | Business Insider
- Eli Manning denied using 'Trump' as an audible after field mics... | Business Insider
- GOP leaders in Congress want to vote... | Business Insider
- Legendary director Paul Schrader reveals the 'good news' and... | Business Insider
- Wall Street's trading desks need a new fitness routine — and it's about more than just... | Business Insider
- Get half off a great pair of Sorel winter boots — and more of today's best... | Business Insider
- Apple CEO Tim Cook got testy after an analyst asked him if Apple has a... | Business Insider