Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Are The Three Biggest Data Companies In the World? 1) Google 2) the Fed 3) JP Morgan/ECB | ZeroHedge
- Western Banks Cut Off Liquidity To Russian Entities | ZeroHedge
- When The Tide Rolls Out - COO, CEO & Chairman Flee FBI-Probed REIT | ZeroHedge
- Why It's So Hard Being A Fed Decision-Maker | ZeroHedge
- EUR Tumbles As ECB Coeure (Once Again) Signals Sovereign QE Is Coming | ZeroHedge
- OIL, RUSSIA, RATES, CAPITAL CONTROLS...ARMAGEDDON? | ZeroHedge
- "Oil May Drop To $25 On Chinese Demand Plunge, Supply Glut, Ageing Boomers" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The State Of The UK News Media: A Ranking Of Who's Flying And Who... | Business Insider
- FIFA's Top 2022 Qatar World Cup Investigator Quits In Protest, Basically... | Business Insider
- These Are The Most Popular People In The World According To Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Google Wants To Launch A ‘Buy’ Button To Hurt Amazon (... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Steel’s Turnaround Could Get Scrapped in a Down Market | TheStreet.com