Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Top 0.1% Of US Households Own As Much Wealth As The Bottom 90% | ZeroHedge
- Lack of Wage Growth Means Retail Spending Woes | Financial Sense
- Why Oil Is Tumbling: Oil Hedges Were Just Rolled Over | ZeroHedge
- "The Deep State Needs To Worry About The Citizens It Is Screwing With" | ZeroHedge
- BlackRock, The Stock Market, & The Alleged Evils Of "Volatility" | ZeroHedge
- Gallup Reveals What Americans Are Doing With Their "Gas Savings" | ZeroHedge
- How to Become a Superforecaster | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- AP source: Florida quarterback Will Grier suspended | Business Insider
- Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes will speak at IGNITION 2015 | Business Insider
- Student sorry for mac and cheese tirade, says he's... | Business Insider
- Scientists have created a 'mother' robot... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, GOOG, EMC) | Business Insider
- California may allow inmate firefighters with violent... | Business Insider
- Tulo-led Blue Jays avoid ALDS elimination, beat Texas 5-1... | Business Insider