Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Unusual Activity Surveillance | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Cooking Well Today | iBankCoin.com
- Retail Investors Pile Into Stocks Amid "Malign, Unthinking Mental Slavery" | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Blasts "Ruthless, Undemocratic, Pretend Leader" Rajoy For Denying Catalonia's Right To Vote | ZeroHedge
- The Hong Kong Protest: What It's All About | ZeroHedge
- How Rising Interest Rates Could Spell the End of the U.S. Energy Boom | Financial Sense
- Bill Gross Gets A "Mile High Welcome" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Photographs From Hong Kong's Daredevil 'Rooftoppers' Will Take... | Business Insider
- How To Run 10,000 Simulations In Excel At Once | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Today (GPRO, MSFT, AAPL, NFLX) | Business Insider
- Why People Are Leaving Facebook For Ello | Business Insider
- Clovis Shares Higher on Improved Outlook for Lung Cancer Drug | TheStreet.com
- OIL CRASHES | Business Insider
- Bentley's Flagship Mulsanne Sedan Just Got Meaner And Greener | Business Insider