Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Sell: $X | iBankCoin.com
- S&P Sales Growth Is Fine, but EPS Margins May Have Flattened | Financial Sense
- Unanimous Fed Remains "Patient" On Target To Normalize Rates, Expects Lower Inflation - Full Statement Redline | ZeroHedge
- Why The U.S. Shale Boom May Come To Abrupt End | ZeroHedge
- Alexis Tsipras' Open Letter To Germany: What You Were Never Told About Greece | ZeroHedge
- Signs That The Economy Is Weakening | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day: Baltic Dry Index Crashes To Lowest In 29 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- Patriots Star Darrelle Revis On Success, His Career, And Going To... | Business Insider
- Russia's Gazprom profits slide 61 percent in third... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Greece's New Finance... | Business Insider
- Deliveroo, The Online Food Delivery Service Just For Restaurants, Is... | Business Insider
- EXCLUSIVE: A Bunch Of... | Business Insider