Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Most Ominous Warning That Oil Storage Is About To Overflow Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- Boeing Stock Nose-Dives On News Of SEC Probe | ZeroHedge
- JPM: "Things Have Gotten Out Of Control: People Have More Confidence In Gold Than In Paper Money" | ZeroHedge
- Intraday Trading Indicator Showing Shades Of 2000, 2007 Tops | ZeroHedge
- Capital Flight Intensifies in Italy and Spain | Financial Sense
- John Kerry Makes Last Ditch Effort To Avert World War III As Saudis, Turks Prepare For Syria Invasion | ZeroHedge
- Euro PIIGS Starting To Squeal Again | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why 2 guys launched a 15-second action thriller on Instagram | Business Insider
- Al Qaeda releases insider's account of 9/11 plot | Business Insider
- Scientists are getting ready to make a huge announcement that would uphold a 100-year-old... | Business Insider
- French lawmakers... | Business Insider
- Tesla is getting very ambitious about how many cars it will sell in 2016 (tsla... | Business Insider
- The Federal Reserve isn't sure if it has the legal authority to implement... | Business Insider
- CIA director: The Middle East is the worst it's been in 50 years... | Business Insider