Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank Slides After Mortgage Probe Unveiled; Admission It Rigged Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Dramatic Time-Lapse Animation Showing America's Absurd Million Dollar Home Bubbles | ZeroHedge
- With The Lowest Volume Since Q1 2014, The Global M&A Boom May Be Over | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Just Triggered Another Bear Market Warning | ZeroHedge
- The "Doom Loop Is Coming Back" - Deutsche Bank Sees "No Further Upside For European Stocks" | ZeroHedge
- What Is Your Philosophy Of Life? What Is Sacred To You? Here Is Mine: | Altucher Confidential
- Frontrunning: May 24 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- The British pound is on fire — here's what's happening in FX | Business Insider
- Apple is getting desperate to give customers a reason to buy the Apple Watch (AAPL... | Business Insider
- Trump is putting as little effort as possible into... | Business Insider
- Mexico has approved 'El Chapo' Guzmán's... | Business Insider
- Top North Korea official: Trump's... | Business Insider