Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Recount 2016 Not the Same as Bush vs. Gore, But Uncertainty Remains | Financial Sense
- Gold and Silver Will Protect From Coming Financial Crash - Rickards | ZeroHedge
- Using Deception Technology in the Race Against Cybercrime | Financial Sense
- This Is The "Most Dangerous Moment In Human History," Stephen Hawking Warns | ZeroHedge
- The Bureaucracy Is Now More Powerful Than Congress | ZeroHedge
- A Very Concise Explanation Of Why The Democrats Lost (And Will Keep Losing) | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Lead in PA Shrinks By 22,000 Votes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MESSAGING APPS FOR PUBLISHERS... | Business Insider
- Tech stocks were a... | Business Insider
- 30 affordable US cities where the average home... | Business Insider
- 10 items not to buy from Costco | Business Insider
- How to choose the best cut of steak — according to Anthony Bourdain | Business Insider
- DAVID CAMERON: A Marine Le Pen victory in France would be... | Business Insider
- Walmart's new gas-and-grocery hybrids could become a major threat to Amazon and... | Business Insider