Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BOMBSHELL: CIA Whistleblower Leaked Proof Trump Under "Systematic Illegal" Surveillance Over Two Years Ago: FBI Sat On It | ZeroHedge
- MaXiNe WaTeRS... | ZeroHedge
- French Elections: Populist Revolution Or Status Quo? | ZeroHedge
- US Bans Laptops, iPads, 'Anything Bigger Than A Cellphone' On Flights From 8 'Majority-Muslim' Countries | ZeroHedge
- Gartman Goes Short: "Something Broke In The Markets Yesterday" | ZeroHedge
- Trump "Lowers Expectations" Ahead Of Critical Healthcare Vote | ZeroHedge
- Italy Falls Out Of Love With The Euro: Beppe Grillo Resurgent In The Polls | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ukraine lawmaker accuses former Trump campaign manager of... | Business Insider
- A former Google and Apple exec says there are 4 ways to lead a... | Business Insider
- Here's how Uber says it's fixing the 'cult of the individual... | Business Insider
- How a congressional race in LA offers a glimpse into the future of elections... | Business Insider
- McDonald's uses a secret sauce with a cult following you didn't know existed... | Business Insider
- Maryland lawmakers passed a bill to curb immigration... | Business Insider
- This incredible animation shows how deep the ocean really is | Business Insider