Why e-cigarette play Vapor Corp Shares are Down
Vapor Corp (VPCO) just reported Q2 2014 results and it was not good enough for Wall Street. As a result VPCO shares have shed 1/4 of their value in a heartbeat.
VPCO shares have lost 25% or $1, now trading around $3.15 and even feel below the $3 line today to $2.91. The reason is Vapor Corp missed estimates by a mile. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.1 million, which missed the Street by $1.9 million. That makes for a -1.6% year over year decline in revenue for the company.
Net loss for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 was $1.1 million compared with a net loss of $54,650 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
At June 30, 2014, the Company had cash of $3.3 million compared to $6.6 million at December 31, 2013, a decrease of $3.3 million.
Bottom line: Today VPCO hit a new 52-week low. As much as we believe this company and the entire e-cigarette industry is a great investment (i.e.Vapor is replacing Smoke: How to cash in on the Trend), let the dust settle on this stock before taking a bite.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Concerns Grow About A Nuclear "Incident" In Europe After Spike In Radioactive Iodine Levels | ZeroHedge
- What Will President Trump Say Today? - Florida Rally Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The 10 Biggest Leaks Of The Trump Presidency | ZeroHedge
- The Washington Post Actually Takes Russian Government Money (Unlike The Websites It Helped Slander) | ZeroHedge
- Characteristics of a Good Listener | Altucher Confidential
- "Recessionary" Demand Forces New York Harbor To Divert Gasoline Shipments | ZeroHedge
- Russia: "The New American Leaders Are Repeating Obama's Mistakes" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why Snap is playing it safe with investors | Business Insider
- Here is every single Pokémon currently in Pokémon Go | Business Insider
- eHarmony is gearing up for a battle to win back millennials from Tinder and Bumble | Business Insider
- An anesthesiologist explains the biggest... | Business Insider
- America's affordable housing crisis has reached a new... | Business Insider
- THE INSURTECH REPORT: How financial technology firms... | Business Insider
- A former Navy SEAL shares the No. 1 leadership lesson he learned in... | Business Insider