Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brazen Ideas | iBankCoin.com
- More Late-Night Stock Trading Ideas and Explanations | iBankCoin.com
- IcH BiN EiN DeBT BRo... | ZeroHedge
- The Game of Risk | Financial Sense
- U.S. Mint Sales of Silver Coins Reach Record in 2013 First Half | ZeroHedge
- GE Bringing the Bulls to Life | iBankCoin.com
- No, NSA Spying Did NOT Prevent a Terror Attack on Wall Street | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's The Miracle Ray Allen 3-Pointer That Forced... | Business Insider
- Here's What 6 TV Homes Would Cost In Real Life | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- A 5-Second Guide To What Traders Are Talking About This Morning | Business Insider
- Here's Why The Founders Of 'Bang With Friends' Stayed Anonymous...... | Business Insider
- Why Hollywood Hates Wall Street | Business Insider
- Jeff Zucker May Actually Be Crazy Enough To Save CNN | Business Insider