Buy Stocks that are "Out of Favor"
CSX (CSX) Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY), Urban Outfitters (URBN) and McDonald’s (MCD) are four names that are down on their luck. It could be a buying opportunity for would be investors.
URBN is down again today while the market tears a new one. This morning shares are down 3.4% and now under $35. Yesterday Stifel analyst Richard Jaffe set a $50 target price on the stock. The Finviz.com average target price is $39.94.
The stocks making the cut listed above are found at Barron's today in Today’s Top 5 Stock Picks: CSX, Pfizer, McDonald’s, and More. URBN is noted in the article with the following:
Urban Outfitters: McConville says the stock’s current price, around $37, solely values the company on its Anthropologie and Free People segments. The flagship brand comes for free. The Urban Outfitters brand is going through a turnaround, transitioning back to its traditional, slightly older and higher spending target clientele after a stint of targeting the teen demographic through lower pricing. The turnaround has already borne fruit as the namesake store had a good holiday quarter. The company’s May quarter was less stylish, as Anthropologie’s sales growth was lower than expected. McConville says the result was the result of a mistimed drop of the spring catalog and some missed trends that are easily addressable, and the 9% drop since has created a nice entry point.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- McCain: "The New World Order Is Under Enormous Strain" | ZeroHedge
- Shiller's CAPE – Is There A Better Measure? | ZeroHedge
- Praxis Seeks to Revive the Apprenticeship Model of Employment | Financial Sense
- How The Surveillance Program Works, And Who Can Order It: Former Intel Chair Explains | ZeroHedge
- Warning: Three Major Bellwethers are on Red Alert | ZeroHedge
- As Market Tumbles, Investors Rush Into Safe Haven SNAP After Mass Wall Street Upgrade | ZeroHedge
- NBC News Signs Former Obama Press Secretary To Provide "Unbiased" Political Commentary | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Police admit they don't know why Khalid Masood committed his terror... | Business Insider
- 2 high-profile jailbreaks have put the weakness of... | Business Insider
- We got a peek inside a $20 million apartment in the... | Business Insider
- Israeli companies are going to set up a Latin American... | Business Insider
- Here's what the next generation of Trump hotels could look like | Business Insider
- The French presidential campaign is a terrifying farce that everyone needs to pay... | Business Insider