Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Never Forget The Price Of Freedom | ZeroHedge
- "New Silk Road" Could Change Global Economics Forever, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in April | Financial Sense
- China Sets Up Gold Investment Fund For Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- Robots on Verge of Replacing Human Anesthesiologists | Financial Sense
- This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War | Financial Sense
- The Best-Selling 'Monetary-Policy' Books Are All Anti-Fed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to survive a bear attack | Business Insider
- I just went to Wegmans for the first time ever — now I get what all the fuss is about | Business Insider
- This former Air Force officer is one of the US's most... | Business Insider
- Here's what happens when billionaire investor Mark Cuban... | Business Insider
- From a college dropout to a $54 billion fortune — the incredible rags-to-riches... | Business Insider
- The people who control... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek