Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Libertarian Party Chairman Candidate Strips To His Underwear On Stage | ZeroHedge
- 6 Giant Corporations Control The Media, And Americans Consume 10 Hours Of "Programming" A Day | ZeroHedge
- Four Lost Decades: The Bumbling Incompetence Of The Power Elite | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Is Soaring On Unprecedented Burst In Chinese Buying | ZeroHedge
- Davidowitz: Retailers in 'Survival Mode' as Headwinds Multiply | Financial Sense
- Obama Steps In To Defend Hillary: DOJ Fights To Block Clinton Deposition | ZeroHedge
- Opportunity Amongst The Entrails Of European Banks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 22 corporate logos with secret hidden messages | Business Insider
- 7 essentials every guy needs before heading to the beach | Business Insider
- The most affordable zip codes with the best... | Business Insider
- Boston Dynamics employees were frustrated with Google's plan for a... | Business Insider
- The rise of reloadable prepaid... | Business Insider
- So far, the 2016 election is looking a lot like the one that came before it... | Business Insider
- This startup connects superfans who are... | Business Insider