Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Project Veritas Exposes “DisruptJ20” Plot To Cause Inauguration Chaos, Deplorables Out Organizer As Potential #PizzaGate Pedo | ZeroHedge
- India Pays the Price of Demonetization | Financial Sense
- 58% of Americans Don’t Think Russian “Hacking” Changed Election … 56% Believe U.S. Should Improve Relations with Russia | ZeroHedge
- Empty Shelves & Madness (In America): A Minor Winter Storm Drove People Into "Panic Buying Of Food And Basics" | ZeroHedge
- Looking at the Four "Bull Market Checks": Trend, Momentum, Breadth, and Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Dow Drops As Dollar, Bond Yields Spike Most Since Election | ZeroHedge
- Donald And The Dollar | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama declines to comment on Democrats boycotting Trump's inauguration: 'All I know is I'm... | Business Insider
- Netflix thinks HBO will soon let you binge-watch entire shows... | Business Insider
- Trump's attitudes toward the EU and NATO could lead to 'unprecedented changes in US foreign... | Business Insider
- Here's why a can of Diet Coke floats but a regular Coke sinks | Business Insider
- Here's what that 'No. 2' on your pencil actually means | Business Insider
- Trump implies he's glad Democrats are boycotting his inauguration: '... | Business Insider
- 30 Easter eggs you may have missed in 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' | Business Insider