Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are You DTF? | iBankCoin.com
- Tennessee Woman Sentenced To Jail For Not Mowing Her Lawn | ZeroHedge
- Tuesday Humor: 0.1% "Problems" | ZeroHedge
- Biotechs Hit Record High, +11.5% From Yellen's "Stretched Valuations" Warning | ZeroHedge
- Fly Sell: $FMSA | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: October 23 | ZeroHedge
- Latest Titanic Readings in Case of Iceberg | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Australia hit back after Pakistan's 454 in first Test | Business Insider
- Peugeot says sales edge ahead in long haul out of crisis... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Chairman Of Supermarket Giant Tesco Quits Amid Profit Fiasco (TSCO) | Business Insider
- Under Armour Is Becoming A Viable Threat To Nike | Business Insider
- Publicis CEO Admits Earnings Statement Contains 'Pure Rhetoric' And Lousy Results... | Business Insider
- Apple Rips To A New All-Time High (AAPL) | Business Insider