Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: July 7 | ZeroHedge
- The Next Derivatives Implosion Just Started in Europe | ZeroHedge
- The Biggest Issue Now Is "The Math" | ZeroHedge
- Commodities Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Rosenberg on Greece, US Economy, and Stocks | Financial Sense
- The Obama Jobs Recovery Spin (Explained In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- The Greek Vote and the EU Miscalculation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump appears to have deleted an... | Business Insider
- It looks like Apple Watch sales are tanking (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Greece is being cut off from the internet | Business Insider
- Juncker: 'We will not reach a deal with Greece today... | Business Insider
- A Redditor ordered a Frozen-themed cake, but received something that looked like an alien... | Business Insider
- Tucked away in this 'X-Files' TV spot is the very first look at Mulder and... | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com