Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Are Up - It's Tuesday Durr! | ZeroHedge
- Flight MH-17 Black Boxes To Be Analyzed In "Impartial" London | ZeroHedge
- 1 In 25 New Yorkers Is A Millionaire | ZeroHedge
- Index Review | Financial Sense
- Russia Touts South Stream Pipeline As Europe’s Gas Lifeline | ZeroHedge
- Krugman’s Latest Debt Denial: Why His Two Magic Numbers Don’t Cut It | ZeroHedge
- Fly Buys: $GOGO, $JMEI | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How MMA Fighter Ronda Rousey Gets Down To Her Fighting Weight | Business Insider
- WHITE HOUSE: Obamacare Actually Won In Federal Court Today | Business Insider
- A Grocery Store Chain Fired A Popular CEO — And Now Workers Are Making The Company Pay | Business Insider
- Tons Of Major International Airlines Are... | Business Insider
- An Activist Investor Takes Aim At A Multi-Billion Dollar Tech Company | Business Insider
- Here's The Number One Mistake That Kills Startups, According To Ben... | Business Insider
- Netflix to Report Q2 Numbers; Original Programming a Boon | TheStreet.com