Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Forget the Sept. '15 Fed Tightening – There Has Been a Stealth Tightening Since Sept. '14 | Financial Sense
- How Trump Continues To Lead In The Polls | ZeroHedge
- The Future of the Internet Is at Risk | Financial Sense
- S&P 500 Suffers 'Death Cross' For First Time In 4 Years | ZeroHedge
- Gold Surges On NIRP Hint | ZeroHedge
- Why the $20 Oil Predictions Are Wrong | Financial Sense
- Atlanta Fed Cuts Q3 GDP Forecast To A Paltry 1.2% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Survivor's husband recounts story before gunfire erupted... | Business Insider
- Tropical Storm Erika to lose steam, but death toll rising | Business Insider
- A key Apple Music exec is leaving the company (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Greek snap election set for September 20 | Business Insider
- Brazil recession: GDP plunges 1.9 percent in second... | Business Insider
- China's richest man just gave Beijing a reality check | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek