Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UNLOCKING GOLD'S TRUE VALUE: The Economic Code - Finally Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Is Google Censoring Search Results To Protect Hillary? | ZeroHedge
- A Kingdom In Turmoil: Saudi Societal Discontent Grows | ZeroHedge
- The Blessing Of Cash (And Why Central Bankers Hate It So Much) | ZeroHedge
- Capitalism Works If Government Would Just Get Out of the Way! | Financial Sense
- A Typical Pattern Shows We’re Headed for Recession | Financial Sense
- Felix Zulauf Sees Final Leg of the Bull Market | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We're getting a glimpse of the real Uber — and it... | Business Insider
- ASK A FINANCIAL PLANNER: 'How much money should I keep in my bank... | Business Insider
- This woman chose to go homeless in San Francisco instead of paying... | Business Insider
- China’s middle class is exploding | Business Insider
- New York City has a popular alternative to Chipotle — and it could be expanding soon | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Here's the salary you have to earn to buy a home in 19 major US cities | Business Insider