Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Moody's Warns Deutsche Bank Is Dangerously Close To Falling Below Its "Default Point" | ZeroHedge
- The Establishment Has Rigged the System: It's Time to Shake Things Up | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Late In The Game": David Rosenberg On The Market's Flashing Red Signs | ZeroHedge
- Texas County Enacts "Emergency Paper Ballots" After "Software Glitch" In Voting Machines | ZeroHedge
- Stalled EU-Canada Trade Deal Gets Greenlight Following Belgium Approval | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: ISIS Destroys Abrams Tank With Anti-Tank Missile | ZeroHedge
- Pound Tumbles After UK Government Wins Brexit Suit In Northern Ireland Court | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hillary Clinton has pro-medical marijuana voters locked... | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers: Why Donald Trump could 'cripple... | Business Insider
- 8 tech gadgets that pay for themselves over time | Business Insider
- BONDS GET SMOKED: Here's what you need to know (SPY, SPX, DJI, IXIC, TWTR, QCOM, AAPL... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Japan's oldest imperial family member has died,... | Business Insider
- Syrian rebels launch major assault to break months-long siege of Aleppo | Business Insider