Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Government Shutdown Averted? Trump Punts On Border Wall, Will Wait Until September | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's Maduro - Selling The Golden Goose | ZeroHedge
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- China Update - Why Is the Consensus Now So Optimistic? | Financial Sense
- Trading a Le Pen Win in the French Elections | Financial Sense
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts | Financial Sense
- Outrage After At Least 5 EU Nations Elect Saudi Arabia On UN Women's Rights Council | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump is heading into the biggest week of his presidency | Business Insider
- Oracle is building a 'transformational'... | Business Insider
- Russia seems to be intensifying its new Cold War on the... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The head of the FCC is going to unveil his... | Business Insider
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' lives up to what made the original movie... | Business Insider
- ADIDAS CEO: Making shoes in the US is 'very illogical and highly... | Business Insider