Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Small Cap Relative Strength | Financial Sense
- Can a National Quasi-Religion (Pro Sports) Go Broke? | Financial Sense
- Here’s Why Women Feel Underemployed (Hint: It’s All in the Major) | Financial Sense
- The Time Is Ripe For A False-Flag Attack On American Soil | ZeroHedge
- Employers Aren’t Just Whining: The “Skills Gap” Is Real | Financial Sense
- Iraq and Syria Follow Lebanon’s Precedent | Financial Sense
- TACTICAL ALLOCATION | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Abercrombie & Fitch's Sales Decline Is Hammering the Stock | TheStreet.com
- New York City's 2-Bedroom, 22-Person Apartment Is Your Worst Nightmare | Business Insider
- Here's A Video Of A Japanese Baseball Player Trying To Hit A 186 MPH Fastball | Business Insider
- Founder Of Angry Birds Company Rovio Gives Up CEO Job After Collapse In... | Business Insider
- 12 Stephen Hawking Quotes Reveal How A Genius Thinks | Business Insider
- Chinese army vehicles cause alarm in Hong Kong | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com