Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Strategy is Simple | iBankCoin.com
- James Clapper Begins Propaganda Tour After Students Identify Edward Snowden As "Personal Hero" | ZeroHedge
- Largest-Ever U.S. Military Solar Project Gets Underway | Financial Sense
- Gold Slammed To Fresh 10-Week Lows Below Key Technical Level | ZeroHedge
- War Makes Us Poor | ZeroHedge
- Futures Creep Toward All Time Highs Again | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Jump Most In 4 Months, Continuing Claims At Best Since 2007 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Europe Is On The Rise | Business Insider
- Penn Students Struggle To Balance Financial Concerns And A 'Normal... | Business Insider
- This Story Perfectly Captures Why You Don't Miss Deadlines At Apple | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- A Small Creek Connects The Atlantic And Pacific Oceans | Business Insider
- New York's Iconic Tavern On The Green Reopens With A Completely New... | Business Insider