Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What You Look At and How You Look At It | Financial Sense
- The "Harsh Weather" Verdict: 19% Spent Less, 27% Spent More, 55% Spent The Same | ZeroHedge
- NatGas Nightmares & The Descending Deep State | ZeroHedge
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
- China Loan Creation Tumbles, Lowest Credit Growth In 20 Months | ZeroHedge
- Runner Screen | iBankCoin.com
- PLUG Unplugged | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The 5 Most Interesting Things We Learned About The Actor Who Plays The... | Business Insider
- The Creator Of Flappy Bird Explains Why It's So Easy To Clone His Game | Business Insider
- Neil Young's PonoPlayer Will Launch For $400 So That We Can Hear Music The Way... | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Apple's iTunes Radio Is Tiny... | Business Insider
- Here's A 10-Second Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Today | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek