Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Housing Data Broadly Mixed | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: The Federal Reserve Is At The Heart Of The Debt Enslavement System That Dominates Our Lives | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling on Interest Rates, Deleveraging, and Corporate Profits | Financial Sense
- This Country Will Be The Next Zimbabwe... | ZeroHedge
- OPEC's Prisoner's Dilemma | ZeroHedge
- Prosperity Amidst the Ruins | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Britain Is Leaving Its Stagnant Neighbors Behind | Business Insider
- South Korea current account surplus expands in October | Business Insider
- This Artillery-Toting Vespa Was Designed To Take On Tanks | Business Insider
- JIM ROGERS: Here's Why I've Finally Started Investing In Russia | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Review: Is It the Best Android Smartphone Ever? | TheStreet.com
- Former Teammate Has A Theory On Why RG3 Has Been So Bad, And It Could End His Career | Business Insider