Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Is Spiking – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Yellen Sinks Stocks, Craters Credit | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Plunges Back Below $28 After Yellen Disappoints | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Is Back: 5 Year Sub CDS Soar To Record High | ZeroHedge
- Everyone Jumping On The Bandwagon: BofA Says To Stay Long Gold Until $1,375, "$1,550 A Possibility" | ZeroHedge
- It's Not Just Deutsche Bank... | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 10 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sexism is rampant among programmers on GitHub, researchers find | Business Insider
- That new Tesla probably won't be as cheap as you think (tsla) | Business Insider
- You will be able to reserve Tesla's next car for just $1,000 | Business Insider
- Boeing is plunging after a report that the feds are investigating... | Business Insider
- Vevo wants to become the next MTV — and its new Apple TV app is a step in that... | Business Insider
- The former head of the nation's largest sheriff... | Business Insider
- JOHN MCAFEE: We're a lot more exposed to hackers than you think... | Business Insider