Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Stocks Face Their Biggest Test In 8 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Media-Opoly: Cancelled, From Saturday Night, It's Conspiracy Theory Rock! | ZeroHedge
- The Dangerous Illusion That Risk Can Be Offloaded Onto Others | ZeroHedge
- All Bad at 0%? | Financial Sense
- The Farce Is Complete: Stocks Soar Most In 4 Years As US Job Market Disintegrates | ZeroHedge
- "They Just Don't Want A Job" - The Fed's Grotesque "Explanation" Why 94.6 Million Are Out Of The Labor Force | ZeroHedge
- Egypt’s Gas Find Sets Mediterranean Geopolitics on Fire | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how many people die from terrorism compared to... | Business Insider
- This controversial new business model is taking over retail | Business Insider
- Trump defends 2nd Amendment following Oregon shootings | Business Insider
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Purdue 24-21 | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Syrian opposition says leader met UN chief on Russia... | Business Insider
- The former hedge funder who jacked up a drug's price by 5,000%... | Business Insider