Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- Goldman Sees A UK Recession, Shocked By A Fed "Tightening Cycle Unlike Any In Modern History" | ZeroHedge
- JPM Head Quant: Expect Up To $300 Billion In Program Selling, "5-10% Near-Term Downside To The S&P500" | ZeroHedge
- They Are Putting Armed Guards On Food Trucks In Venezuela | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Threatens To Veto Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Triggers Existential Eruption of EU: “Disintegration of the EU practically irreversible.” | ZeroHedge
- 4 Reasons the Twin Towers Could NOT Have Been Brought Down With Explosives On 9/11 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We ranked the Game of Thrones characters by leadership skills — No. 1 may... | Business Insider
- 15 dead after Islamist Somali group Al Shabaab attacked a hotel in Mogadishu | Business Insider
- Aliens could be contacting Earth without us knowing | Business Insider
- These bizarre Japanese electric vehicles could change how we get around cities | Business Insider
- How the Amazon Echo won me over and became the center of my smart home | Business Insider
- GEORGE SOROS: Brexit will lead to the 'disintegration of the EU' | Business Insider
- Beacons are shaking up the consumer packaged goods market | Business Insider