Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: July 28 | ZeroHedge
- US Services PMI Beats After Last Week's Manufacturing PMI Record Miss, Employment Plunges | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- A-D Line Divergence Again | Financial Sense
- So You Want To Launder Money Out Of China? | ZeroHedge
- Runaway Ebola-Infected Woman Dies As US Doctor Tests Positive For Virus | ZeroHedge
- A Long-Term Look at Inflation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rite Aid Is Water-Logged and Getting Wetter Today | TheStreet.com
- 'House Of Cards' Actor Will Play Villain In 'Ant-Man' | Business Insider
- Terrifying Iceberg Collapse Caught On Camera | Business Insider
- Instagram May Face Legal Trouble Over Its Rumored 'Bolt' App | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The Biggest Rip-Offs And Best Values At The Bar | Business Insider
- A Korean Baseball Team Is Filling Seats With Bizarre... | Business Insider