Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is The Biggest Paradox Facing The Fed Ahead Of Its Rate Hike Decision | ZeroHedge
- Threat Of Cyber War – “Other Reason To Own Physical Gold” – Rickards | ZeroHedge
- MeiN CoiF! | ZeroHedge
- Donald Trump's Soaring Popularity "Is The Country's Collective Middle Finger To Washington" | ZeroHedge
- 3-Year-Old London Child Deemed "Extremist"; Placed In Government Reeducation Program | ZeroHedge
- Third Bailout Generates New Political Division in Greece | Financial Sense
- Pending Home Sales Plunge Most Since 2013, Holdout Buyers Blamed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Initial jobless claims are unstoppable (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- The average American car is a record 11.5 years old | Business Insider
- South Korea's Chung joins FIFA race, slams... | Business Insider
- Uber just launched its own car leasing scheme for... | Business Insider
- Watch British researchers launch a 3D-printed... | Business Insider
- The US is growing wary of the... | Business Insider