Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Home Price Growth Slowest In A Year | ZeroHedge
- Pension Shortfalls Could Be 4X to 7X Greater Than Reported | Financial Sense
- What A Commodity Trading Legend Is Buying Ahead Of The Next Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Hofstra University Unveils "Trigger Warning" For Tonight's Debate | ZeroHedge
- Low Oil Prices Are Not The Reason Oil Companies Are Going Bankrupt | ZeroHedge
- The QE Premium | ZeroHedge
- P2P Meltdown Continues: LoanDepot's CDO Collapses Just 10 Months After Issuance | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kristaps Porzingis is leaning on a simple advantage going... | Business Insider
- Slack, the red hot $3.8 billion startup, has a hidden meaning behind its name | Business Insider
- The mother and brother of the NYC bombing suspect have... | Business Insider
- An Airbnb exec explains how the startup life damaged his health — and what he... | Business Insider
- A baby with 3 biological parents was born using a new technique — here's what that means | Business Insider
- 16 things successful 20-somethings do in their spare time | Business Insider
- Senate blocks key spending bill as shutdown looms in 3 days | Business Insider