Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dollar's Best Day In 6 Months Sparks Stock Slump, Bond Jump | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap May 3, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- WTI Crude Tumbles To $43 Handle As Demand Fears Grow | ZeroHedge
- Banks Tighten As Economic Outlook Grows More Uncertain | Financial Sense
- Two Charts Showing How Dazed And Confused Hedge Fund Traders Currently Are | ZeroHedge
- Ken Rogoff's Shockingly Simple Advice To Emerging Markets: Hoard Gold | ZeroHedge
- ECB Study says US data 'leaked' to key traders | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Burger King is bringing out a new weapon to beat McDonald's and Taco Bell in the... | Business Insider
- The 19 toughest interview questions you may have to answer if you want to... | Business Insider
- A handful of investors are hoarding $200 billion, and... | Business Insider
- This little power strip is one of the best travel gadgets you can buy | Business Insider
- Greenpeace publishes confidential US-EU trade deal documents | Business Insider
- This man decided to take a break from being a human and turned himself into a goat | Business Insider
- The tricks these athletes can do with with soccer and ping pong balls are... | Business Insider