Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Intelligence? President Obama Missed ~60% Of His Daily Briefings | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Blasts "Ruthless, Undemocratic, Pretend Leader" Rajoy For Denying Catalonia's Right To Vote | ZeroHedge
- The Ebola Triumverate | iBankCoin.com
- Why Is the U.S. Government Dictatorial Towards Dissenters ... But Welcoming Ebola Carriers With Open Arms? | ZeroHedge
- High-Yield Credit Suffers Biggest Quarterly Loss Worldwide Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- How Rising Interest Rates Could Spell the End of the U.S. Energy Boom | Financial Sense
- Oversold With A 5 Day Holding Period | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mongolia Has To Change Its Railroads To Account For An 85... | Business Insider
- Here's Everything We Know About The First Ebola Patient Diagnosed In The US... | Business Insider
- What, Me Worry? 4 Reasons Why We're Not at a Market Top Yet | TheStreet.com
- A Fat Finger Error Caused $617 Billion In Share Orders In Tokyo To Be Canceled | Business Insider
- An Inside Look At The Starbucks App, The Most Successful Mobile Payments System In The... | Business Insider
- Western Banks Have Basically Gone On Strike Against Russia,... | Business Insider
- Germany to ban steep rent hikes in booming cities | Business Insider