Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Under Pressure From Europe, Tsipras Prepares To Show Varoufakis The Door | ZeroHedge
- Stock-Market Crashes Through the Ages – Part III – Early 20th Century | ZeroHedge
- Our Financial Future: Infinite Greed Meets A Funny Thing Called Karma | ZeroHedge
- Biotechs Battered Most In Over A Year; Bullion Bid As Stocks Skid | ZeroHedge
- Global Uncertainty With the Upper Hand | Financial Sense
- Fitch Downgrades Japan To A From A+ | ZeroHedge
- Will 5th Time Be The Charm For Dip-Buyers Today? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- Jeffrey Toobin calls out Baltimore's 'shocking display of... | Business Insider
- Putin says 'no regrets' over Crimea annexation | Business Insider
- You had 'one' job, BlackBerry — company makes a grammar gaffe in its... | Business Insider
- Jay-Z doppelgänger spotted in Harlem photo from 1939 | Business Insider
- This portable external charger is a must-have for anyone who travels for work [... | Business Insider
- Manny Pacquiao's trainer explains how Pacquiao can beat Floyd... | Business Insider