Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Last Look At The Real Economy Before It Implodes - Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Mar 4, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Global Bond Yields & Crude Tumble As EURUSD Tests 1.10 | ZeroHedge
- Who's Isolated Now? Kazakhstan Authorities Announce Plans To De-Dollarize Economy | ZeroHedge
- What Is Putin’s Next Move? | Financial Sense
- “Cyber Security Loophole”- Bank Hackers “Unfettered Access” To Accounts | ZeroHedge
- Meet Landlord Loans: You Too Can Be A Real Estate Speculator | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's most... | Business Insider
- Here's why Elon Musk is the most impressive member... | Business Insider
- 10 things every entrepreneur should know before going on 'Shark Tank... | Business Insider
- Only 6% of Americans who make over $100,000 say they... | Business Insider
- Think twice before you say that Earth has two moons | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- House investigators: Hillary Clinton engaged in a 'scheme to... | Business Insider