Elon Musk Lovefest (TSLA, SCTY)
Add one part Elon Musk and one part great company idea equals outstanding investment. Tesla (TSLA) and SolarCity (SCTY) are both up huge in 2014. Too bad we can't buy stock in Elon's other business venture Space Exploration Technologies, aka SpaceX.
ELON MUSK LOVEFEST
Just look at the charts below, they speak for themselves. Telsa is up 72% this year and SolarCity is up 53%. How does your 401K or stock porfolio look? That good?
Elon has the major averages beat by a landslide. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones are flat or negative for the year at this point -- dead money. Only the NASDAQ can say it's more than 3% positive for the year. Big deal.
Musk wins the race for 2014 and there appears no stopping his stocks. This week was huge for Elon, he made $1.1 billion on paper yesterday as shares of Tesla jumped 14%. The haul brings his net worth to $11.7 billion, up 47.8% since the start of the year.
I'm coining the phrase for 2014 -- IN ELON MUSK WE TRUST. That appears to be the case for the moment. All investors get on board.
Elon owns 23% of Tesla and 25% of SolarCity. How much do you own?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Drilling Our Way Into Oblivion: Shale Was About Land Gambling With Cheap Debt, Not Technological Miracles | ZeroHedge
- $TWTR Chatter | iBankCoin.com
- This Is For You Steve Liesman... Welcome To Economics | ZeroHedge
- A Word For You to Learn in 2015: SUPER-CONTANGO | iBankCoin.com
- Don't Tell Germany Draghi Is About To Monetize 90% Of Bund Issuance | ZeroHedge
- Russia’s Crisis Is Europe’s Crisis | Financial Sense
- Viewing Russia From the Inside | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's Newest Fire HDX Tablet Is Super Cheap Today (AMZN) | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know In Advertising Today | Business Insider
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson: At 23, I Had Only $7 In My Pocket — Then I... | Business Insider
- The Vision And Cunning Of An Unknown American Changed The Shape Of London | Business Insider
- 15 Gifts The Modern Lady Actually Wants This Year | Business Insider
- The Crumbling Ruble And Sanctions Are Pushing... | Business Insider
- Pakistan plans to execute 500 terror convicts,... | Business Insider