TRON 3: Has the Movie Hit End of Line?
Bad news for us TRON fans. The third movie appears to be on the backburner. End of line.
The third film, which would feature the return of Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde and director Joseph Kosinski, is dead in the water. Despite all of its preproduction movement, Disney's opted not to move forward with Tron 3.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Tron 3 never received an official green light. But in spite of that, major castings and crew hirings were made. They'd already begun prepping for the shoot that was slated to begin this fall. The original Tron was released in 1982 and starred Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner. It grossed $33 million. In 2010, Disney produced the followup, Tron Legacy, in which Hedlund played the estranged son of Bridges' character. The sequel grossed more than $400 million worldwide.
Remember when you were so happy and giddy and excited because it was announced that Tron 3 was happening and life just seemed so grand? Well, sorry.
Unfortunately, it seems like the news got out a little too soon, and now one of the Disney franchise's stars, Olivia Wilde, has confirmed to her Twitter followers that the flick isn't happening.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- McCain: "The New World Order Is Under Enormous Strain" | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Nightmare Scenario For The GOP: A $2 Trillion Funding "Hole" | ZeroHedge
- Despite Dip-Buying Panic, The Dow Has Not Seen Longer Losing Streak Than This Since 1978 | ZeroHedge
- Dow Opens Down Over 700 Points From Highs, Breaks Key Technical Support | ZeroHedge
- Coming To An Inner-City Uprising Near You: The "Ultimate Riot Control Truck" Of The Future | ZeroHedge
- Sugar Is at the Heart of America's Health Problems | Financial Sense
- Fresh Off an Apology to Comet Ping Pong, Alex Jones Promises 'Biggest Pizzagate Revelations' Yet | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico's top archdiocese: Companies that help... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Science shows that having kids can help you live past 80 | Business Insider
- House Intel chair was on the White House grounds the day before he dropped Trump surveillance bombshell | Business Insider
- The US dollar is tumbling | Business Insider
- This cocktail brought the 'original American whiskey' back from the dead | Business Insider
- The death of 'Trumpcare' is great for hospital stocks | Business Insider