Strong Volume Gainers (HOGS,CLSN,ZOLT,EPAX,AMRI)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Zhongpin Inc (HOGS) is currently trading at $12.50 on volume of 2,981,725. Its 52 week range is between $8.07 and $12.50.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.80 on volume of 4,385,885. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $6.70.
Zoltek Companies Inc (ZOLT) is currently trading at $7.23 on volume of 1,027,440. Its 52 week range is between $5.65 and $15.01.
Ambassadors Group Inc (EPAX) is currently trading at $4.76.on volume of 325,849. Its 52 week range is $3.88 and $5.97.
Albany Molecular Research Inc (AMRI) is currently trading at $4.68.on volume of 278,811. Its 52 week range is between $2.08 and $4.53.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher.
A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Baltimore 'Freddie Gray' Demonstrations Turn Violent: Police Cars Smashed, Stores Looted, Multiple Arrests - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- America's Drone-Death Outrage (Summarized In 1 Awkward Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Number Of Companies Beating Revenue Estimates Hits Lowest Level In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Dramatic Images From The Mount Everest Avalanche | ZeroHedge
- Nasdaq Traders (Summarized In 17 Seconds) | ZeroHedge
- Presenting De-Dollarization In One Simple Map | ZeroHedge
- US Data and Fed to Drive the Dollar in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- All signs point to Apple announcing a monster earnings report (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Jeff Bezos: Winning a Golden Globe 'increased sales of power tools... | Business Insider
- Violence erupts at Baltimore police death protest | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Chris Christie is ramping up his campaign, but this chart shows why he... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Apple was blocking some app updates because they said they worked with a rival to the Apple... | Business Insider