Strong Volume Gainers (HOGS,CLSN,ZOLT,EPAX,AMRI)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Zhongpin Inc (HOGS) is currently trading at $12.50 on volume of 2,981,725. Its 52 week range is between $8.07 and $12.50.
Celsion Corp (CLSN) is currently trading at $7.80 on volume of 4,385,885. Its 52 week range is between $1.63 and $6.70.
Zoltek Companies Inc (ZOLT) is currently trading at $7.23 on volume of 1,027,440. Its 52 week range is between $5.65 and $15.01.
Ambassadors Group Inc (EPAX) is currently trading at $4.76.on volume of 325,849. Its 52 week range is $3.88 and $5.97.
Albany Molecular Research Inc (AMRI) is currently trading at $4.68.on volume of 278,811. Its 52 week range is between $2.08 and $4.53.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher.
A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Thinking about the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why China Russia & China Are Now "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Russia FinMin Calls For Shift Away From US Treasurys Into BRIC Bonds, Settlement In Non-Dollar Currencies | ZeroHedge
- The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 2 | Financial Sense
- Just What Sort of Stupid Market is This? | iBankCoin.com
- America's Media-crity (In One Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- The Emergence of the U.S. Petro-Dollar | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle's CEO: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Nissan defections reignite questions about future CEO | Business Insider
- 24 Hours With The iPhone 6 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: FOMC... | StreetInsider.com
- Why Time Warner Is Aggressively Plowing Ahead With More Job Cuts | TheStreet.com