Strong Volume Gainers (JEF,TIE,CXS,GILT,STV)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Jefferies Group Inc (JEF) is currently trading at $16.07 on volume of 14979201. Its 52 week range is between $9.5 and $19.82.
Titanium Metals Corp (TIE) is currently trading at $16.49 on volume of 28629360. Its 52 week range is between $10.42 and $16.53.
Crexus Investment Corp (CXS) is currently trading at $12.4 on volume of 10218664. Its 52 week range is between $9.06 and $11.5.
Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd (GILT) is currently trading at $4.94.on volume of 1616024. Its 52 week range is $2.31 and $4.87.
China Digital TV Holding Co Ltd (STV) is currently trading at $3.93.on volume of 1858858. Its 52 week range is between $2.51 and $4.25.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed Lives In The Past | ZeroHedge
- Our Financial Future: Infinite Greed Meets A Funny Thing Called Karma | ZeroHedge
- Second Quarter Outlook | Financial Sense
- Gold Flows East – China, India Import Massive Quantities of Gold from Switzerland | ZeroHedge
- Global Uncertainty With the Upper Hand | Financial Sense
- Is This A Blow-Off Top? Four Ways To Tell | ZeroHedge
- Activity Versus Inactivity | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, GOOG) | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- A former top adviser destroyed Obama's Iraq policy in one sentence | Business Insider
- Day, Compton share lead at weather-hit Zurich Classic | Business Insider
- New book shows Spain's royals no longer untouchable | Business Insider
- Rand Paul defends Obama on drones | Business Insider
- Barca guarding against complacency in La Liga title push | Business Insider