Strong Volume Gainers (WRC,JDAS,AMAG,WMCO,PERI)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Warnaco Group Inc (WRC) is currently trading at $70.89 on volume of 4,690,614. Its 52 week range is between $39.19 and $71.41.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $44.78 on volume of 21,795,084. Its 52 week range is between $23.95 and $38.20.
Amag Pharmaceuticals Inc (AMAG) is currently trading at $16.56 on volume of 234,262. Its 52 week range is between $12.43 and $19.62.
Williams Controls Inc (WMCO) is currently trading at $15.43 on volume of 842,954. Its 52 week range is $10.25 and $12.95.
Perion Network Ltd (PERI) is currently trading at $7.80 on volume of 261,354. Its 52 week range is between $3.45 and $7.68.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Student Debt By Major: What Not To Study To Avoid A Lifetime Of Debt Slavery | ZeroHedge
- As the ‘Sanctions War’ Heats Up, Will Putin Play His Gold Card? | Financial Sense
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- Credit Markets Signaling Near-Term Caution | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap November 20, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- On Obama and the Nature of Failed Presidencies | Financial Sense
- Russia Can Survive An Oil Price War | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Africa's Armies Are Going On A Spending Spree | Business Insider
- Three Ways Obama's Immigration Plan Could Be Good for Economy | TheStreet.com
- University Of Virginia Suspends Fraternities Following... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Manhattan's New Most Expensive Townhouse Just Hit The Market For $63 Million | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- 10 Surprising Things That Are Worth Less Than Apple | TheStreet.com