Strong Volume Gainers (WRC,JDAS,AMAG,WMCO,PERI)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Warnaco Group Inc (WRC) is currently trading at $70.89 on volume of 4,690,614. Its 52 week range is between $39.19 and $71.41.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $44.78 on volume of 21,795,084. Its 52 week range is between $23.95 and $38.20.
Amag Pharmaceuticals Inc (AMAG) is currently trading at $16.56 on volume of 234,262. Its 52 week range is between $12.43 and $19.62.
Williams Controls Inc (WMCO) is currently trading at $15.43 on volume of 842,954. Its 52 week range is $10.25 and $12.95.
Perion Network Ltd (PERI) is currently trading at $7.80 on volume of 261,354. Its 52 week range is between $3.45 and $7.68.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Euronext Breaks: All Derivative, Currency Future Trading Halted | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To The Ebay Stock Market | ZeroHedge
- States Turn To Pension Ponzi Scheme To Close Funding Gaps | ZeroHedge
- Making Sense of the Latest Unemployment Data | Financial Sense
- Poroshenko Threatens To Declare Martial Law In Ukraine Within Hours "To Demonstrate Readiness For War" | ZeroHedge
- UMich Consumer Sentiment Slumps To 6-Month Lows, Current Conditions Tumble | ZeroHedge
- The End Of Markets: Central Banks Took Over Everything, Changed Everything | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Get ready for some depressing news about the US economy | Business Insider
- Ivanovic in hurry, Cornet wins error show | Business Insider
- Some CEOs of newly public tech earn millions. Others? Not so much | Business Insider
- The founder of Silk Road deserves a harsh sentence (but not nearly as... | Business Insider
- REPORT: Former House speaker hush money scandal... | Business Insider
- Here's what happens when you compare the Clintons' vast wealth... | Business Insider