Strong Volume Gainers (WRC,JDAS,AMAG,WMCO,PERI)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Warnaco Group Inc (WRC) is currently trading at $70.89 on volume of 4,690,614. Its 52 week range is between $39.19 and $71.41.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $44.78 on volume of 21,795,084. Its 52 week range is between $23.95 and $38.20.
Amag Pharmaceuticals Inc (AMAG) is currently trading at $16.56 on volume of 234,262. Its 52 week range is between $12.43 and $19.62.
Williams Controls Inc (WMCO) is currently trading at $15.43 on volume of 842,954. Its 52 week range is $10.25 and $12.95.
Perion Network Ltd (PERI) is currently trading at $7.80 on volume of 261,354. Its 52 week range is between $3.45 and $7.68.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Atypical Global Recovery Underway | Financial Sense
- How to Win Friends and Influence People | Altucher Confidential
- Visualizing The Cost Of Mining Gold | ZeroHedge
- The Fed in Focus This Week | Financial Sense
- High Tight Flags for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: Generation X: An Inconvenient Era | ZeroHedge
- European Stocks Dive Most In 10 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REVIEW: Nokia's Newest Lumia Still Isn't The Best Windows Phone (NOK, MSFT, VZ) | Business Insider
- Why There Are So Many Tornadoes In Oklahoma | Business Insider
- The Reason Why Solar Costs Were Falling Is The Same Reason Why They're About... | Business Insider
- Now The Dubai Police Force Has Added A Bugatti Veyron To Its Ridiculous... | Business Insider
- Kevin Durant Already Got The Misspelling In His Giant Back Tattoo Fixed | Business Insider
- Cyber Attack On Utilities Could Be A 'Katrina-Like Disaster Affecting Cities For... | Business Insider
- Cubist, Optimer, Trius: Antibiotic Deal Making on Tap | TheStreet.com