Strong Volume Gainers (WRC,JDAS,AMAG,WMCO,PERI)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Warnaco Group Inc (WRC) is currently trading at $70.89 on volume of 4,690,614. Its 52 week range is between $39.19 and $71.41.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $44.78 on volume of 21,795,084. Its 52 week range is between $23.95 and $38.20.
Amag Pharmaceuticals Inc (AMAG) is currently trading at $16.56 on volume of 234,262. Its 52 week range is between $12.43 and $19.62.
Williams Controls Inc (WMCO) is currently trading at $15.43 on volume of 842,954. Its 52 week range is $10.25 and $12.95.
Perion Network Ltd (PERI) is currently trading at $7.80 on volume of 261,354. Its 52 week range is between $3.45 and $7.68.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paul Craig Roberts: Are Americans Too Insouciant To Survive? | ZeroHedge
- Banking On A Bounce? Jamie Dimon Vs The Credit Market | ZeroHedge
- Baby Boomers Are Drowning In Loans: Debt Of Average 67-Year-Old Soared 169% In Past 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- Selling Pressure Wanes But Credit Markets Still Troubling | Financial Sense
- What The BOJ's Final "Yentervention" Option Would Look Like | ZeroHedge
- Raymond James Analyst Is Out With A Major Bearish Call | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling: All-Out Price War Could Send Oil to $10 to $20 a Barrel | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- How the role of the CFO is changing rapidly | Business Insider
- The NBA is still trying to solve the Warriors' deadliest weapon | Business Insider
- Go inside a bonkers $84.5 million Manhattan townhouse being sold by a noted real... | Business Insider
- Something troubling is happening in ‘the lone bright spot of the Arab Spring... | Business Insider
- Who you're most likely to marry based on your job | Business Insider
- TRUMP: 'I have standing to sue' Ted Cruz | Business Insider