Strong Volume Gainers (JNJ,VTV,ELT,NDZ,RPTP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is currently trading at $63.75 on volume of 73382192. Its 52 week range is between $59.08 and $68.05.
Vanguard Value ETF (VTV) is currently trading at $54.59 on volume of 2151523. Its 52 week range is between $44.47 and $58.48.
Elster Group SE (ELT) is currently trading at $15.68 on volume of 499393. Its 52 week range is between $11.52 and $17.74.
Nordion Inc (NDZ) is currently trading at $9.05.on volume of 1393565. Its 52 week range is $8 and $11.5.
Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp (RPTP) is currently trading at $5.7.on volume of 2841439. Its 52 week range is between $3.66 and $7.9.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap July 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- On Dominoes, WMDs And Putin's "Aggression": Imperial Washington Is Intoxicated By Another Big Lie | ZeroHedge
- Another Cliffhanger | iBankCoin.com
- How To Go Out At The Top | Altucher Confidential
- Q3 Estimates Beginning to Slip | Financial Sense
- Argentina Defaults | ZeroHedge
- Fed Tapers Another $10 Billion, Raises Inflation Concerns, Plosser Dissents - Statement Redline | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 21 Hidden Bars In New York City (And How To Find Them) | Business Insider
- Twitter's CEO Tells Us His Vision For... | Business Insider
- GDP Was Strong, But 'Don't Jump in Front of the Train' to Buy Stocks | TheStreet.com
- Why AT&T Stock Is Up Today | TheStreet.com
- 13 Weird Psychological Reasons Someone Might Fall In Love With You | Business Insider
- Instagram Launches Its One-Tap Photo App Bolt To Rival TapTalk And Mirage | Business Insider
- Here's How To Get A Sommelier To Offer You Wines That Aren't On The Menu... | Business Insider