Strong Volume Gainers (JNJ,VTV,ELT,NDZ,RPTP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is currently trading at $63.75 on volume of 73382192. Its 52 week range is between $59.08 and $68.05.
Vanguard Value ETF (VTV) is currently trading at $54.59 on volume of 2151523. Its 52 week range is between $44.47 and $58.48.
Elster Group SE (ELT) is currently trading at $15.68 on volume of 499393. Its 52 week range is between $11.52 and $17.74.
Nordion Inc (NDZ) is currently trading at $9.05.on volume of 1393565. Its 52 week range is $8 and $11.5.
Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp (RPTP) is currently trading at $5.7.on volume of 2841439. Its 52 week range is between $3.66 and $7.9.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- DAX Plunges Most In 4 Months, Bund 5 bps Away From Negative | ZeroHedge
- Bloomberg Service Now Fully Restored | ZeroHedge
- Dow Dumps 400 Points, Gives Up All Post-Payrolls Gains | ZeroHedge
- Japan's "Over 65" Rise To Record 33 Million, More Than Double Number Of Children | ZeroHedge
- The Minimum Price for Gold, Part II | ZeroHedge
- The Greek "White Knight" Emerges: Putin To Give Athens €5 Billion For Advance Gas Pipeline Fees | ZeroHedge
- What Bernanke's New Employer Had To Say About Him Just 2 Years Ago | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thousands march in Europe against US-EU free trade pact | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The man who designed Obama's 'O' doesn't... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Yet another sign the job market is tilting in favor of workers | Business Insider
- There's a 'simple' high-school math problem stumping... | Business Insider
- Apple just unveiled a ton of new Apple Watch Sport band colors | Business Insider