Strong Volume Gainers (JNJ,VTV,ELT,NDZ,RPTP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is currently trading at $63.75 on volume of 73382192. Its 52 week range is between $59.08 and $68.05.
Vanguard Value ETF (VTV) is currently trading at $54.59 on volume of 2151523. Its 52 week range is between $44.47 and $58.48.
Elster Group SE (ELT) is currently trading at $15.68 on volume of 499393. Its 52 week range is between $11.52 and $17.74.
Nordion Inc (NDZ) is currently trading at $9.05.on volume of 1393565. Its 52 week range is $8 and $11.5.
Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp (RPTP) is currently trading at $5.7.on volume of 2841439. Its 52 week range is between $3.66 and $7.9.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Does It Mean If The Fed Hikes... And If It Doesn't | ZeroHedge
- Losing Faith? Traders Dump Japanese Stocks At Fastest Pace In History | ZeroHedge
- China PMI Contracts Fastest Since February-March 2009 | Financial Sense
- US Equity Futures Mini-Flash-Crash As Japanese Econ Minister Opens Mouth | ZeroHedge
- No, China Is Not Crashing | Financial Sense
- West Point Professor Calls For Military Strikes On Journalists Critical Of War On Terror | ZeroHedge
- Meet “Buzz” Draghi: To Infinity and Beyond | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- India's top 'sexpert' still telling it straight at... | Business Insider
- There are two different Europes right now — Germany and France | Business Insider
- 'It is too soon to say if we have seen the last of the big oil cuts' (USO, WTI... | Business Insider
- LEADING OFF: Latos tries again for Dodgers, Braves skidding... | Business Insider
- Enormous, cloud-like sheep are an evolutionary nightmare | Business Insider
- Here's the trailer for the BBC's upcoming drama about '... | Business Insider