Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- deFANG'd | ZeroHedge
- Dangerous Speech: Would The Founders Be Considered Domestic Extremists Today? | ZeroHedge
- The Simple Daily Practice and How It Saved My Life | Altucher Confidential
- Futures, Global Stocks Tumble As Europe Bank, Periphery Carnage Unfolds | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan and Oil Detracting Market's Focus from Weak GDP Report | Financial Sense
- Eric Hadik on Gold, Oil, and Stocks; Sees Accelerating Crash Cycles in 2016 | Financial Sense
- Gundlach: Bonds Won't Bottom Until Panic Sends VIX Above 40 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Stanford professor says eliminating this one daily behavior... | Business Insider
- Peyton Manning thanked a 23-year-old practice-squad player for his extra... | Business Insider
- 25 thoughtful Valentine's Day gifts under $25 | Business Insider
- Pepsi's head of marketing told us the theme of the Super Bowl half-time show (PEP) | Business Insider
- Ferrari's new GTC4 Lusso has supercar power — and room for the whole family (RACE... | Business Insider
- Budweiser crushed all other beers in Super Bowl 50 | Business Insider
- Coca-Cola brought back two Marvel superheroes for an action-packed... | Business Insider