Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Volume Collapse Sparks 5th Day In A Row Of Nasdaq Gains As Oil Plunges | ZeroHedge
- Krugman: War Is BAD for the Economy | ZeroHedge
- Gunmen Attack Saudi Prince In Paris, Steal "Sensitive Documents" | ZeroHedge
- When Headline Scanning Algos Get Crushed By A Wrong Bloomberg Headline | ZeroHedge
- Fact Or Fiction: The Pros And Cons Of Militarizing The Police | ZeroHedge
- Summing Up Fed Policy In 2 Words: Vroom... Crash | ZeroHedge
- Just What Has QE Accomplished Since 2009? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Elon Musk Built A Device To Execute The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge That Required A Tree,... | Business Insider
- 5 Reasons 'Let's Be Cops' Isn't Worth Your Money | Business Insider
- Here Are 10 Cities Where Living Standards Are Crumbling | Business Insider
- Here Is Rick Perry's Mug Shot | Business Insider
- 10 Of The Most Ridiculous TED Talks | Business Insider
- How Tesla Is Changing the Electric Auto Industry Again | TheStreet.com
- How Wi-Fi Could Revolutionize The Way We Use The Web | Business Insider