Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A-D Line Divergence Again | Financial Sense
- US-Israeli Relations In 1 Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- China PMI Jumps To 2 Year Highs (Jobs Contract For 27 Months), Japan PMI Slips (Jobs Worst In 11 Months) | ZeroHedge
- Elliott's Paul Singer On Gold, Inflation, And The Global Monetary Delusion | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's FOMC Post-Mortem: "Slightly Hawkish Tilt" | ZeroHedge
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- All You Can Eat Divergences | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jim Cramer's Mad Dash: Painful Day for Micron, 3D Systems | TheStreet.com
- LIVE: Argentina Is On The Brink Of Default | Business Insider
- Sprint Q2 Beats, LTE Network Upgrade Near Completion | TheStreet.com
- Here's Putin's Next Move (RSX) | Business Insider
- Hamas and Israel Have Agreed To A 72-Hour Humanitarian Ceasefire | Business Insider
- MongoDB Has Poached One Of Oracle's Top Engineers (ORCL) | Business Insider
- Orlando Bloom Tried To Punch Justin Bieber Last Night During A Crazy Feud... | Business Insider