Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Congress Gets "Case Of Rapid-Onset Buyer's Remorse" One Day After Passing 9/11 Bill | ZeroHedge
- Cheat Sheet: The Third Party Presidential Candidates | ZeroHedge
- The Day Donald Trump Flunked Econ 101 | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Monetary Politburo Is Finally Catching Some Flack | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- Why Perry Capital Shut Down: The Full Letter | ZeroHedge
- Project Mayhem - Man Calmly Enters Apple Store And Crushes Every iPhone In Sight With A Ball Bearing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I flew on a $61.5 million private jet, and now first class just won't do | Business Insider
- This underground Japanese parking garage will park your car... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- This is how you use the famous 'manettino' on a Ferrari (RACE) | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Donald Trump targets Hillary Clinton with ad... | Business Insider
- The PS4's VR headset is almost out — here's everything you get for $400 | Business Insider