Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Boeing Responds To Trump | ZeroHedge
- Trump Sold All His Stocks In June | ZeroHedge
- CNBC Shills Attempt to Derail the Farage Train, But Fail Miserably | ZeroHedge
- Leon Tuey: Secular Bull Market Has Years Left to Run | Financial Sense
- US Service Sector Rebounds in November; Majority of Businesses Positive on Direction of Economy | Financial Sense
- Why Italy’s Referendum Carries Risks for the Entire EU | Financial Sense
- Dollar Comes Back Bid, but Still Vulnerable to Corrective Pressures | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by... | Business Insider
- A 'human swan' flew 4,500 miles using a... | Business Insider
- Sears executives are quietly fleeing the company (SHLD) | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- This blanket automatically makes your bed | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- WE'RE HIRING: Join Business Insider as Senior Research Analyst | Business Insider