Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germans: 'Yes, Gold IS Money' | ZeroHedge
- "Welcome To Democracy" SecDef Mattis Confirms Military Steadfast Amid White House Chaos | ZeroHedge
- Priebus: Take Trump Seriously When He Calls The Press "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Is Weakening Breadth Warning of a Pullback or Major Top? | Financial Sense
- Why Its Big Bet On Westinghouse Nuclear Is Bankrupting Toshiba | ZeroHedge
- America Is No Longer Top Dog: Chinese Military "Reaching Near-Parity" With The West | ZeroHedge
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warren Buffett's $10 billion airline investment reveals... | Business Insider
- 31 things I asked for — successfully — by the time I was 31 | Business Insider
- The 20 biggest Oscar upsets of all time, ranked | Business Insider
- Iraqi forces launch a fresh offensive in Mosul | Business Insider
- YouTube is killing off its unskippable 30-second ads (GOOG) | Business Insider
- 25 executives share their favorite books for... | Business Insider
- Here's how to access the iPhone's hidden mode that turns the camera into a... | Business Insider