Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Chinese Mask Factory Has Already Picked The Next US President | ZeroHedge
- Losing Ground In Flyover America, Part 2 | ZeroHedge
- Your Options: To Serve... Or Be Served | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach Predicts Yellen Will Be Dovish Today; Is "Quite Sure" Oil Prices Are Going Down Again | ZeroHedge
- Four Lost Decades: The Bumbling Incompetence Of The Power Elite | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- Death By A Theta Cuts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Petro-currencies are slipping — here's what's happening in FX | Business Insider
- Finally, a Silicon Valley billionaire is standing up to Peter Thiel in the Gawker... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now | Business Insider
- I've tried dozens of jeans and this pair is my absolute favorite | Business Insider
- Here’s one type of pimple that you should pay attention to | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Polls are showing that Donald Trump might have a big problem if he refuses to release his... | Business Insider