Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Celebrating 45 Years Of Phony Money | ZeroHedge
- Mystery Over Munich Shooter's Motive: David Ali Sonboly Had "No Connection To ISIS", Obssessed With Mass Shootings | ZeroHedge
- "That's A Scary Graph" Former Fed Economist Warns | ZeroHedge
- Leaked DNC Emails Confirm Democrats Rigged Primary, Reveal Extensive Media Collusion | ZeroHedge
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Anti-US Sabotage Suspected After Massive Fire Breaks Out Near NATO Headquarters In Turkey | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A hedge fund founder is betting on Apple becoming the first $1... | Business Insider
- Top-performing Asian countries use the 'mastery approach' to teach math in... | Business Insider
- The 12 most high-tech hotels in the world | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- The top 7 predictions for the future of media | Business Insider
- Clinton campaign manager: Russians leaked DNC... | Business Insider
- Former New York Mayor Bloomberg to endorse Hillary Clinton | Business Insider