Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Bush Family Goes "All In" For Number Three (With The Help Of Its Bankers) | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Talkin’ Greasy | iBankCoin.com
- Is The American Youth Ready For Conscription? | ZeroHedge
- A Helpless China Tips Its Hand: A Market Crash "Poses Great Danger To Social Stability" | ZeroHedge
- Fiat Faith Falters As Bitcoin Surges 7% Post-Greferendum Decision | ZeroHedge
- Could $12 Trillion Trigger a Renewables Revolution? | Financial Sense
- Project "Make Everyone German" Has Failed... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- European stock markets plunge on Grexit fears | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Police threaten to break up 'Electric... | Business Insider
- There's a massive shift in the way people are watching TV... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, GOOG, FB, TWTR) | Business Insider
- Upmarket Airbnb rival onefinestay just raised £25 million | Business Insider
- HBO recycles its actors on different shows — here's who has appeared on... | Business Insider