Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When the Story Breaks | Financial Sense
- US Stays Solid Amid Global Quakes | Financial Sense
- Coal For The Win | iBankCoin.com
- Oversold Extremes and the Case for an October Low | Financial Sense
- Gold Up 3.5% In August, Stocks Fall 6% to 12% | ZeroHedge
- China Strengthens Yuan By Most In 5 Years As Default Risk Hits 2-Year High | ZeroHedge
- BofA Saw Record "Buying Across The Board" Last Week, Just Before The Market Resumed Sliding | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kerry, Obama to raise global warming issues in Alaska | Business Insider
- De Gea move to Real Madrid mired in confusion: reports | Business Insider
- Russia and China could be 'making it impossible for the US to hide' its... | Business Insider
- Why Hillary Clinton sent a bizarre email about Gefilte fish | Business Insider
- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76 | Business Insider
- Eurozone unemployment in July drops below 11% | Business Insider
- 10 photos show the quiet beauty of train stations when... | Business Insider