Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jeff Saut on Dow Theory Sell Signal, Biotech Breakdown, and More | Financial Sense
- Role Reversal In The New Cold War | ZeroHedge
- Why Are You So Angry? | Financial Sense
- Jim Puplava: "This Is Not 2007-2008" | Financial Sense
- Treasury Sells 3-Month Bills At 0% Yield For First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
- Bad News Piles On For Hedge Fund Hotel SunEdison: First $315MM Margin Call, Now Mass Layoffs | ZeroHedge
- Asia FX Soars On China Reserves Relief As Ringgit Reversal Catches Traders Wrong-Footed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Guatemala declares mudslide-hit community uninhabitable | Business Insider
- Cisco teams up with robot company so it can watch hundreds of robots on factory floors (CSCO) | Business Insider
- Abbas opposes 'escalation'... | Business Insider
- California adopts bill ensuring equal pay for women | Business Insider
- For Volkswagen, costs of scandal will be piling up | Business Insider
- Wendy Williams says 'Empire' could do without... | Business Insider
- Two Singaporeans charged for fixing 2013 Turkey matches | Business Insider