Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Secular Versus Cyclical: Notes From SIC 2015 | Financial Sense
- US Accuses Iraq Army Of Cowardice, Says "More Firepower Support" Needed Against ISIS | ZeroHedge
- Traders Are Buying Gold & Silver At Fastest Pace In Over A Decade | ZeroHedge
- China Establishes World's Largest Physical Gold Fund | ZeroHedge
- ABC's of the AIIB | Financial Sense
- Argentina’s Growing Dependency on Beijing | Financial Sense
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Iraq PM rebuts US criticism of security forces | Business Insider
- Rare albino sparrow spotted in Australia | Business Insider
- Afghan weddings: bigger, fatter and hard to tame | Business Insider
- Greece to keep repaying creditors as long as it can:... | Business Insider
- Blatter must go, says Platini ahead of FIFA election | Business Insider
- Syria regime 'launches 15 air raids around Palmyra' | Business Insider
- Tunisia soldier opens fire on comrades near parliament | Business Insider