Strong Volume Gainers (MTX,UNFI,MTOX,FXR,CRED)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX) is currently trading at $62.4 on volume of 388868. Its 52 week range is between $46.17 and $69.54.
United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI) is currently trading at $51.2 on volume of 1190893. Its 52 week range is between $32.83 and $51.92.
MEDTOX Scientific Inc (MTOX) is currently trading at $26.71 on volume of 800933. Its 52 week range is between $11.64 and $26.88.
First Trust Indust/Producer Dur AlphaDEX (FXR) is currently trading at $17.06.on volume of 550128. Its 52 week range is $13.81 and $19.98.
Credo Petroleum Corp (CRED) is currently trading at $14.38.on volume of 815814. Its 52 week range is between $7.14 and $14.38.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Remember When I Said the Market Won’t Top Out Until…? | iBankCoin.com
- Apple Meets The "Fairness Doctrine", Is Set To Pay A Whole Lot More In Taxes | ZeroHedge
- Thanks To QE Bernanke Has Injected Foreign Banks With Over $1 Trillion In Cash For First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
- The Poisonous Printing Press | ZeroHedge
- Gold And Silver Inverse Baumgartner'd | ZeroHedge
- Oklahoma Tornado Live Feed - "This Is About The Worst Damage I Have Ever Seen" | ZeroHedge
- Chart Of The Day: S&P 500 vs EBITDA | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Big Banks Don't Want Your Money Anyway | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Drew Barrymore Is Selling The Estate Where She Got Married... | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE... | Business Insider
- The 10 Best Travel Sites On Tumblr | Business Insider
- MIKE O'ROURKE: We're Now Seeing The 'Iraq'... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Stocks Slip on Prospects Fed to Curb Stimulus | TheStreet.com