Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Glencore Stock Is Re-Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Amtrak Train Derails In Vermont, 4 Reported Injured | ZeroHedge
- One Trader Says Central Banks Need To Just Shut Up | ZeroHedge
- Oil Spikes To Highest In Over A Month, As Syria Proxy War Jitters Escalate | ZeroHedge
- Oct 6 - Fed's Rosengren: Door Still Open For 2015 Fed Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Furious French Workers Attack Air France Executives, Rip Their Clothes Off | ZeroHedge
- Southeast Asia’s High Speed Rail Network | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Judge tosses conviction in infamous '90 NYC tourist... | Business Insider
- Keuchel, Astros beat Yankees in AL wild-card game | Business Insider
- Swedish crime writer Henning Mankell dies at age 67:... | Business Insider
- Official: US questions Russian flight incursion into... | Business Insider
- Rocket attack in Aden against hotel housing... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Seahawks player interrupts Kam Chancellor interview and yells at the team to... | Business Insider