Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Curse Of "Wealth Effects" Central Banking | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile On Times Square, Naked Man Taunts Cops; Demands To Speak With Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- Target2 Imbalances Grow: ECB Overtakes Greece as Third Largest Debtor | Financial Sense
- Islamic State Blamed For Istanbul Terror Attack That Killed 41 | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jun 30, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Bill Clinton Holds 'Private' Meeting With Loretta Lynch As FBI Probes Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Teachers Unions Vs Hedge Funds: The Battle Over Billions | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An activist group is punching holes in Walmart's... | Business Insider
- Nike just made Apple CEO Tim Cook its 'lead independent director... | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider
- Two transgender women just made history by... | Business Insider
- Why Cleveland Cavs owner Dan Gilbert cofounded a 'stock... | Business Insider
- A former Maryland teaching assistant has been indicted on... | Business Insider
- The Bank of Mexico shocked... | Business Insider