Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile In India, It Is So Hot The Roads Are Melting, "One Billion People Impacted" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap May 29, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- 10 Things We Had To Unlearn That Our Children Won't | ZeroHedge
- Pressures From China, Greek Markets | Financial Sense
- Q1 GDP Second Estimate Goes Negative | Financial Sense
- Making Sense of the Latest Unemployment Data | Financial Sense
- America The Obese: Is There A Multibillion Dollar Conspiracy To Make Sure Americans Stay Overweight? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a new rival to Kickstarter — but it... | Business Insider
- The biggest drug dealer on the internet has been... | Business Insider
- Spontaneous sex is a myth — here's how a 'sex schedule' could save... | Business Insider
- One of California's biggest sources of water just disappeared | Business Insider
- Google is partnering with Levi's to create smart pants that can control... | Business Insider
- This is how you haze a Wall Street newbie with just one... | Business Insider
- Get ready for some depressing news about the US economy | Business Insider