Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why the Current System is Doomed | ZeroHedge
- President Obama Explains How Surging Bartender Jobs Are Unequivocally Good - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Dear BLS, Explain This | ZeroHedge
- How the Fed Is Suffocating the Economy | Financial Sense
- Amazon Crashes To 4 Month Lows, Breaks Key Technical Support As "Growth" Fails | ZeroHedge
- The War On Savers And The 200 Rulers Of World Finance | ZeroHedge
- Huge Crane Collapses In New York: 1 Person Killed, More Critically Injured - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Consumers aren't ready for an Internet of Things world... | Business Insider
- A tattoo shop in Vermont is giving out... | Business Insider
- Theranos has a week to respond to the searing report about its business | Business Insider
- Ray Dalio runs the world's most successful hedge fund according to... | Business Insider
- ‘Losing ground by the minute’: Syrian rebels are losing Aleppo... | Business Insider
- Forget college — banks are offering parents ways to save for their kids' retirement | Business Insider
- A staple wardrobe item for American women is getting a huge... | Business Insider