Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Does a “Good” Chinese Adjustment Look Like? | Financial Sense
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Special Purpose Tentacle Revealed In Europe's Latest Bank Failure | ZeroHedge
- Can a National Quasi-Religion (Pro Sports) Go Broke? | Financial Sense
- The Top Has the Best View and the Sweetest Air | iBankCoin.com
- To Everyone Saying Russia Is "Isolated", Here's A Map | ZeroHedge
- Will Ukraine Retake the East From Separatists? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China manufacturing growth slows in August, surveys show | Business Insider
- Serena into US Open quarter-finals, sick Bouchard out | Business Insider
- Apparent Hollywood hack attack nabs stars' nude pix | Business Insider
- Hollande affair actress wins privacy suit against... | Business Insider
- Novartis Japan admits concealing drug side effects | Business Insider
- Mexico investigates huge fish kill in lagoon | Business Insider
- Japanese Researchers Develop A 30-Minute Ebola Test | Business Insider