Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ivanka Trump Booed At Women's Conference In Berlin | ZeroHedge
- You Got Trumped! Winning horse in presidential race was Trojan | ZeroHedge
- Gas Prices In North Korea Shoot Up 83% As China Mulls Oil Embargo | Financial Sense
- Outrage After At Least 5 EU Nations Elect Saudi Arabia On UN Women's Rights Council | ZeroHedge
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Sees "Decades Of Pain Ahead" Thanks To Internet Disruption | ZeroHedge
- Canadians Get "A Little Mad" As Refugees Continue To Flood In From U.S. | ZeroHedge
- An "Increasingly Worried" Chinese President Tells Trump To "Exercise Restraint" Over N.Korea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Government watchdog: F-35 will take millions more, months longer... | Business Insider
- Treasury yields spike as traders shed safe-havens following the... | Business Insider
- The success of Tesla's Model 3 hinges on a risky... | Business Insider
- Here's the latest trick hackers are using to... | Business Insider
- THE SHIP-FROM-STORE REPORT: Why legacy retailers need to rethink the purpose of their brick-... | Business Insider
- The 15 best sports for burning calories | Business Insider
- Stocks are casually sitting on a powerful time bomb | Business Insider