Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed Comments Should Spur Positivity | Financial Sense
- Why the Debate Over U.S. LNG Exports Has Been Won | Financial Sense
- Global Leading Indicator Plunges To Economic "Slowdown", Goldman Warns | ZeroHedge
- 50 Years Of Washington’s Air Wars: Why They Always Fail | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Last Stand Approaching for Gold | Financial Sense
- Balanced Setups | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump Is Finally Having A Go At One Of The Most Extravagant Real Estate Markets In The World... | Business Insider
- Putin Is Getting Most Of What He Wants In Ukraine | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- A Detroit Lions Player Injured His Knee Doing A Popular... | Business Insider
- Here's How Hacked Celebrities Are Responding To The Latest Round... | Business Insider
- Secret Service launches security review after White... | Business Insider
- Siemens to buy US oil equipment maker Dresser-Rand... | Business Insider