Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Season Of The Glitch (Or "Why Retail Investors Have No Chance") | ZeroHedge
- Do YouR JoB MuPPeTS... | ZeroHedge
- End Of Cheap Fossil Fuels Could Have More Severe Consequences Than Thought | ZeroHedge
- "This Time May Be Different": Desperate Central Banks Set To Dust Off Asia Crisis Playbook, Goldman Warns | ZeroHedge
- Not So Fast With Those "Rising Wages" | ZeroHedge
- Goldman: "No Rate Hike In September" | ZeroHedge
- Previewing The "Most Important Jobs Report Ever" - What Wall Street Expects | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Record beckons for Rooney in San Marino Euro qualifier | Business Insider
- Why this startup wants employees to remix Taylor Swift, do one-armed push-ups, or play '... | Business Insider
- The 12 hottest startups in Switzerland | Business Insider
- Refresh your morning routine with these 6 complete breakfast ideas | Business Insider
- Apple might unveil a stylus-powered iPad — something Steve Jobs never... | Business Insider
- Unemployment rate plunges (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USD, TLT) | Business Insider
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing blitz | Business Insider