Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Sean Spicer Announce A Delay On The Vote During Today's Presser? - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Sweden Readies Network Of Nuclear Fallout Bunkers As Fears Grow Of Russian Attack | ZeroHedge
- Dijsselbloem Must Go, But That Solves Nothing | ZeroHedge
- ITR Economics: 2019 Recession, 2030 Depression | Financial Sense
- Retail Nightmare Just Won't End: Sears Crashes On "Going Concern" Warning, Payless To File Bankruptcy In Days | ZeroHedge
- Banks Stocks could underperform for years (Update) | ZeroHedge
- Surge in Global Economic Surprises, Business Confidence Continues | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How drones will change the world in the next 5 years | Business Insider
- Emails show Trump team asked the Pentagon about military vehicles for inauguration,... | Business Insider
- Read the email a Google recruiter sent a job candidate to prepare him for the interview | Business Insider
- Senators clashed over a Supreme Court ruling that came down during the... | Business Insider
- 'Iron Fist' creator thinks fans shouldn't care that the hero... | Business Insider
- THE US FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How the US regulatory environment is holding back the fintech industry | Business Insider
- A top Wall Street exec explains what New York's door... | Business Insider