Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Won't End Well | ZeroHedge
- Yentertainment Tonight - Kuroda Kollapse Kontinues As USDJPY Nears 105 Handle | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Raw Footage Shows The Moment A Missile Hits Aleppo Hospital | ZeroHedge
- Uncertain Global Growth and Policy Environment | Financial Sense
- 10 Stats About The Last 10 Years | ZeroHedge
- Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight | Financial Sense
- Conspicious Consolidated Currency Calculation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- John Oliver catches up the cicadas with what's happened in the last 17 years | Business Insider
- A man tried to blow up a synagogue in south Florida | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Here's what was really going on during that crazy horse scene on '... | Business Insider
- This map reveals which subway stations are closest to the cheapest apartments in... | Business Insider
- The euro crossed 1.1500 for the first time since August — here's what's happening in FX | Business Insider
- This guy makes flip books using nothing but a hole puncher | Business Insider