Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Previewing The BOJ's Decision: What Wall Street Expects Will Happen | ZeroHedge
- Did The DNC Hire Actors (At Below Minimum Wage) To Work At The Convention? | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases Hacked DNC Voicemails During Convention Speeches | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- US Homeownership Rate Crashes To Lowest Since 1965 | ZeroHedge
- One Reader's Reaction To Bill Clinton's Speech: "A Harlequin Romance Novel" | ZeroHedge
- Democrats Question "Loyalty To US" Of "Treasonous, Traitor" Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon CFO had to explain it's not a bad thing Amazon had its highest quarterly profit ever (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The latest spat between the two Koreas took a really bizarre turn | Business Insider
- Facebook gives its Oculus employees a dystopian sci-fi book to get them... | Business Insider
- Facebook said it might have to pay the feds between $3 billion and $5 billion (FB) | Business Insider
- How to choose the right MacBook for college | Business Insider
- These are the six features that players want most from Pokémon Go | Business Insider
- America's top spy just hinted at how much leverage Russia truly has over Washington | Business Insider