Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Secret Swiss Military Bunkers Being Filled With Gold By Billionaires Seeking "Alternatives To Bank Deposits" | ZeroHedge
- Major Dollar Shortage Exposed In Europe As Deutsche Bank Contagion Spreads | ZeroHedge
- Vice Index Shows the Start of a Downtrend | Financial Sense
- NiRP BY MaRiO... | ZeroHedge
- How Much Money Have Humans Created - A Visual History | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- "People Are Mad" - Dave Collum Warns "Existential Change Is In The Air" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- IAN BREMMER: 'Politics as we knew it is over' | Business Insider
- More than 70% of all NFL players come from 14 states | Business Insider
- Obama and Trump have two very different... | Business Insider
- The 30 highest-paying jobs you can get with a bachelor's... | Business Insider
- These are the new New York City restaurants Wall Street should check out this fall | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- These charts show how brutally hard it is for startups to raise each new funding... | Business Insider