Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Unilever just Said About Consumers Around the World: “It’s Really Tough out There” | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: To QE Or Not To QE | ZeroHedge
- Summation Index Rate of Change | Financial Sense
- Does Anyone Else Think The Stock Market Is Living On Reds, Vitamin C And Cocaine? | ZeroHedge
- "Warning Signs" & The Fed's Grand Illusion | ZeroHedge
- MeeT ZeRo THe WHiTeHouSe GuaRD DoG... | ZeroHedge
- AND NoW FoR A MeSSaGe FRoM YouR EBoLa CZaR... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Photographer Had His Life Ruined By The Pirate Bay | Business Insider
- Tesco CEO Makes An Extraordinary Admission After Profits Collapse (TSCO) | Business Insider
- Palestinian rams car into Jerusalem crowd, killing baby | Business Insider
- Woman charged after baby corpses found in Canada... | Business Insider
- Schumacher will need years to recover says doctor | Business Insider
- The Failure Of A Major Mission In Afghanistan In Two Charts | Business Insider
- US automaker Ford starts luxury Lincoln sales in China | Business Insider