Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I am Not Crazy, Per Se | iBankCoin.com
- January Jitters Jolt Stocks - S&P Loses Key 2,000 Level; Bonds' Best Month Since June 2010 | ZeroHedge
- ECB Threatens Athens With Bank Funding Cutoff If No Deal In One Month: February 28 Is Now D-Day For Greece | ZeroHedge
- Bill Ackman's Biggest Winners And Losers Of 2014 | ZeroHedge
- The Swiss Franc Will Collapse | Financial Sense
- The "Bullard Put" Is Gone: "It Is Reasonable To Hike Rates In June Or July" | ZeroHedge
- Superpower Blunders: Czechoslovakia In 1938 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jihadists increasingly wary of Internet, experts say | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Why Investors Abandoned Ship on Royal Caribbean This Week | TheStreet.com
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Spain's Surging Growth Figures Make It Europe's Star Performer | Business Insider
- These Two English Towns Are About To Get The Fastest Internet In Europe | Business Insider
- Kiev hopes for stalled truce talks despite separatist vow... | Business Insider