Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Thank You Obamacare - California Health Insurance Costs Spike Up To 88% In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- The Current ECB Programs Create a QE-like Environment, Setting Up for Moral Hazards | Financial Sense
- FLASH: STOCKS CRASH THROUGH THE FLOORBOARDS | iBankCoin.com
- CDC Issues Level 3 Travel Alert As 'Largest Ebola Outbreak In History' Spreads | ZeroHedge
- The West's Reckless Rush Towards War With Russia | ZeroHedge
- Energy Myths and Conspiracy Theories | Financial Sense
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In July And YTD | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Here's The Top LinkedIn Tip From Its Director Of Product Management | Business Insider
- Hamas' Armed Wing Numbers In The Tens Of Thousands, And It's Ready For A... | Business Insider
- A Russian Soldier's Instagram Posts May Be The Clearest Indication Of Moscow's... | Business Insider
- The Fabulous Life Of Billionaire Mark Zuckerberg | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Mad Dash: Painful Day for Micron, 3D Systems | TheStreet.com
- 4 Troubling Signs That Michael Kors Is Past Its Prime | Business Insider