Strong Volume Gainers (FFIV,GILD,EBAY,HGSI,OSTK)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $133.98 on volume of 6215079. Its 52 week range is between $69.01 and $139.46.
Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) is currently trading at $52.25 on volume of 35912600. Its 52 week range is between $34.45 and $56.5.
EBAY Inc (EBAY) is currently trading at $40.62 on volume of 60239140. Its 52 week range is between $26.86 and $38.18.
Human Genome Sciences Inc (HGSI) is currently trading at $14.17.on volume of 126488656. Its 52 week range is $6.51 and $30.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $5.9.on volume of 643045. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $15.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FOMC Ends QE; Reiterates "Considerable Time" for Low Rates | Financial Sense
- Russian Ruble Soars Over 5% (Swings Most Since 1998) On Intervention, Rate-Hike Rumors | ZeroHedge
- Goldman On BOJ's Banzainomics: "We Highlight The Potential For Harsh Criticism Of Further Cost-Push Inflation" | ZeroHedge
- Sudden Bout Of Risk-Offness Sends European Shares Sharply Lower, US Futures Not Happy | ZeroHedge
- A Glimpse Inside The FX "Cartel's" Chat Rooms | ZeroHedge
- TRiCK O FReaK... | ZeroHedge
- The Day The Market Crashed - The Sequel | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Damning Book Offers Little Hope For The Future Of Afghanistan | Business Insider
- Why Tim Cook Decided To Announce His Sexuality To The World (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Miami Heat Rookie James Ennis' Dunk Is Already A Candidate For NBA... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (GOOG, AAPL, YHOO, GPRO, LNKD,... | Business Insider
- Dear Business Insider Readers: How Do You Use Your Different Devices? | Business Insider
- 5 Things Powerful People Never Say At Work | Business Insider
- Starbucks Tumbles After Reporting Weak Earnings | Business Insider