Strong Volume Gainers (FFIV,GILD,EBAY,HGSI,OSTK)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $133.98 on volume of 6215079. Its 52 week range is between $69.01 and $139.46.
Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) is currently trading at $52.25 on volume of 35912600. Its 52 week range is between $34.45 and $56.5.
EBAY Inc (EBAY) is currently trading at $40.62 on volume of 60239140. Its 52 week range is between $26.86 and $38.18.
Human Genome Sciences Inc (HGSI) is currently trading at $14.17.on volume of 126488656. Its 52 week range is $6.51 and $30.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $5.9.on volume of 643045. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $15.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Futures Jump On Chinese Easinng Speculation, False Rumor Of PBOC Rate Cut | ZeroHedge
- Finally The "Very Serious People" Get It: QE Will "Permanently Impair Living Standards For Generations To Come" | ZeroHedge
- Talkin’ and Yellen: Understanding the Fed | Financial Sense
- Here's Which Emerging Markets Are Most Vulnerable To "External Shock" | ZeroHedge
- #AskBen: Welcome To Twitter @BenBernanke | ZeroHedge
- What Bond Investors Are Most Concerned About | ZeroHedge
- Are Central Banks 'Rigging' Rates or Dealing With Past Sins? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How this private college maintains a $1 billion endowment without... | Business Insider
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'There's something... | Business Insider
- Death threats made to BBC chief after Clarkson axe | Business Insider
- EXPERTS: Here's how much sleep you really need | Business Insider
- Here's how much Steve Jobs' used to obsess over presentations | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, AMZN, MSFT, GOOG) | Business Insider
- There's a good reason 'The Walking Dead'... | Business Insider