Strong Volume Gainers (FFIV,GILD,EBAY,HGSI,OSTK)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $133.98 on volume of 6215079. Its 52 week range is between $69.01 and $139.46.
Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) is currently trading at $52.25 on volume of 35912600. Its 52 week range is between $34.45 and $56.5.
EBAY Inc (EBAY) is currently trading at $40.62 on volume of 60239140. Its 52 week range is between $26.86 and $38.18.
Human Genome Sciences Inc (HGSI) is currently trading at $14.17.on volume of 126488656. Its 52 week range is $6.51 and $30.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $5.9.on volume of 643045. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $15.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Next Steps For Greece: The Complete Post-Referendum Roadmap | ZeroHedge
- Russia Or China - Washington's Conflict Over Who Is Public Enemy #1 | ZeroHedge
- Global Debt Time Bomb Ticks – Puerto Rico Is Next | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines Come and Go, Markets Endure | Financial Sense
- Train Carrying Toxic Gas Derails In Tennessee, Catches Fire; Thousands Evacuated | ZeroHedge
- When Pigs Can No Longer Fly, It's a Big Deal | Financial Sense
- Part-Time Jobs Surge By 161,000; Full-Time Jobs Tumble By 349,000 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why one Google designer encouraged his team to get drunk before testing products | Business Insider
- A Dutch city is giving residents free money, no strings attached — here... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Greece... | StreetInsider.com
- Solar Impulse reaches two-thirds of way from Japan to... | Business Insider
- China's military-grade airbase on a man-... | Business Insider
- 55 awesome things you should do in the US this summer | Business Insider
- Arnold Schwarzenegger asked Mark Zuckerberg about his workout routine — Here's what... | Business Insider