Strong Volume Gainers (FFIV,GILD,EBAY,HGSI,OSTK)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $133.98 on volume of 6215079. Its 52 week range is between $69.01 and $139.46.
Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) is currently trading at $52.25 on volume of 35912600. Its 52 week range is between $34.45 and $56.5.
EBAY Inc (EBAY) is currently trading at $40.62 on volume of 60239140. Its 52 week range is between $26.86 and $38.18.
Human Genome Sciences Inc (HGSI) is currently trading at $14.17.on volume of 126488656. Its 52 week range is $6.51 and $30.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $5.9.on volume of 643045. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $15.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 'Relentless' Greek Debt Payment Schedule | ZeroHedge
- Worst Drop In Core Durable Goods Since December 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Worst Macro Data in 6 Years Sends Stocks Soaring To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things: Kass, Rosie and Short | ZeroHedge
- Luck and the Paradox of Skill | Financial Sense
- Hundreds Dead After Devastating Nepal Earthquake Topples Structures, Starts Avalanches | ZeroHedge
- China Could Face "Sharp" Rise In Capital Outflows If Stocks, Economy Lose Momentum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greek parliament okays controversial cash reserve... | Business Insider
- There is a growing disconnect in the stock market (SPY) | Business Insider
- French Connection shares plunge 20% after it dropped a sales outlook... | Business Insider
- Mercedes and BMW are competing against each other to build some pretty... | Business Insider
- HSBC is launching an immediate review into... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 'Bachelor' doesn't mean what you think it means | Business Insider