Strong Volume Gainers (FFIV,GILD,EBAY,HGSI,OSTK)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $133.98 on volume of 6215079. Its 52 week range is between $69.01 and $139.46.
Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) is currently trading at $52.25 on volume of 35912600. Its 52 week range is between $34.45 and $56.5.
EBAY Inc (EBAY) is currently trading at $40.62 on volume of 60239140. Its 52 week range is between $26.86 and $38.18.
Human Genome Sciences Inc (HGSI) is currently trading at $14.17.on volume of 126488656. Its 52 week range is $6.51 and $30.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $5.9.on volume of 643045. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $15.93.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Credit Markets Continue to Show Signs of Stress - Caution Warranted | Financial Sense
- The Economy In Pictures: We've Seen This All Before | ZeroHedge
- Could Gasoline Drop Below $1 Per Gallon? | ZeroHedge
- Nasdaq Volatility Spikes As "Exuberance Has Turned To Panic" | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Releases Steaming Pile Of Epic "Non-GAAP" Gobbledygook; Stops Reporting Free Cash Flow; Stock Soars | ZeroHedge
- Fed Reveals Which "Developments To Financial Stability" It Is Most Worried About | ZeroHedge
- The Physics Of Energy & The Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 sneaky psychology tricks companies use to get you to... | Business Insider
- A top Apple analyst thinks Apple will have a VR headset in two years (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Disney crushes earnings expectations thanks to Star Wars but ESPN profits decline, shares drop (DIS... | Business Insider
- A Stanford professor says the 'gun test' can help you make... | Business Insider
- EU to unveil new energy plan to curb reliance on Russia | Business Insider
- The top 23 places to eat in the US, according to Yelp | Business Insider
- Harvard has seen a surge in... | Business Insider