Strong Volume Gainers (ONXX,CXW,CNK,ALC,CLNT)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc (ONXX) is currently trading at $41.49 on volume of 3355052. Its 52 week range is between $27.17 and $46.07.
Corrections Corp Of America (CXW) is currently trading at $28.99 on volume of 11618087. Its 52 week range is between $18.41 and $27.64.
Cinemark Holdings Inc (CNK) is currently trading at $23.05 on volume of 4063824. Its 52 week range is between $17.1 and $22.85.
Assisted Living Concepts Inc (ALC) is currently trading at $17.09.on volume of 293643. Its 52 week range is $11.16 and $19.06.
Cleantech Solutions International Inc (CLNT) is currently trading at $5.71.on volume of 6151336. Its 52 week range is between $1.65 and $31.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Sanctions Hit German Consumers, “Economic Expectations Completely Collapse” | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Revised Upward | Financial Sense
- 6 Reasons Why ECB Will Avoid QE As Long As Possible (And Why The Fed Did It) | ZeroHedge
- Pakistan Faces (Another) Military Coup As PM Charged With Murder | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Drop Back Under 300k, Continuing Claims Rise | ZeroHedge
- A-D Line Foretells Job Openings | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan Warns Military Escalation In Ukraine "May Lead To A Lehman-Style Shock" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft Thinks Customers Will Spend $150 On A Standalone Kinect (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- France rules out cooperation with Assad against... | Business Insider
- The Hamptons Is Running Out Of Rosé | Business Insider
- Here's The Cheapest Drugstore In New York City | Business Insider
- Turkey unveils new cabinet of Erdogan allies | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek