Strong Volume Gainers (ONXX,CXW,CNK,ALC,CLNT)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc (ONXX) is currently trading at $41.49 on volume of 3355052. Its 52 week range is between $27.17 and $46.07.
Corrections Corp Of America (CXW) is currently trading at $28.99 on volume of 11618087. Its 52 week range is between $18.41 and $27.64.
Cinemark Holdings Inc (CNK) is currently trading at $23.05 on volume of 4063824. Its 52 week range is between $17.1 and $22.85.
Assisted Living Concepts Inc (ALC) is currently trading at $17.09.on volume of 293643. Its 52 week range is $11.16 and $19.06.
Cleantech Solutions International Inc (CLNT) is currently trading at $5.71.on volume of 6151336. Its 52 week range is between $1.65 and $31.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Helicopter Janet, Mario and Mark - "Central Banks Should Give Money Directly To The People" | ZeroHedge
- Ukrainian Coast Guard Attacked Near Russian Border, Some Killed | ZeroHedge
- The Great Deformation | ZeroHedge
- Preemptive Move on Rates Still Unlikely | Financial Sense
- Is It Time to Ignore the Fed? | Financial Sense
- Keynesian Central Banking Is An Economic Scourge: More Evidence From Japan | ZeroHedge
- Who Said It? Chairman Mao Or President Obama | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone No One Is... | Business Insider
- Greece close to emerging from recession | Business Insider
- Google's Self-Driving Cars Won't Work In Heavy Rain Or... | Business Insider
- Man Accused Of Leaking Naked Celebrity iCloud... | Business Insider
- Here Are Goldman Sachs' And Merrill Lynch's Preview For The Jobs Report | Business Insider
- Falcao leads Europe transfer frenzy | Business Insider
- Liverpool are back to their best, says Rodgers | Business Insider