Strong Volume Gainers (ONXX,CXW,CNK,ALC,CLNT)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc (ONXX) is currently trading at $41.49 on volume of 3355052. Its 52 week range is between $27.17 and $46.07.
Corrections Corp Of America (CXW) is currently trading at $28.99 on volume of 11618087. Its 52 week range is between $18.41 and $27.64.
Cinemark Holdings Inc (CNK) is currently trading at $23.05 on volume of 4063824. Its 52 week range is between $17.1 and $22.85.
Assisted Living Concepts Inc (ALC) is currently trading at $17.09.on volume of 293643. Its 52 week range is $11.16 and $19.06.
Cleantech Solutions International Inc (CLNT) is currently trading at $5.71.on volume of 6151336. Its 52 week range is between $1.65 and $31.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Western Central Banks Have Set Us Up; You'll Hear The Printing Presses From Mars" | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Shocker: Quarterly Increase In Wages Is Smallest On Record | ZeroHedge
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
- Economics 101: Wal-Mart Hikes Minimum Wages, Prepares To Fire 1000 | ZeroHedge
- LinkedOut - Social Media Superstar Enters Bear Market Overnight | ZeroHedge
- IMF Reiterates Greece Disqualified for Bailout, Participation Depends on Debt Relief and Reforms | Financial Sense
- Venezuela Increasingly Looks Like A War Zone | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Miners are down, but they're nowhere near out | Business Insider
- Amazon's latest video deal puts a crack 'in Netflix’s armor' (AMZN,... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- A man in Texas tried to shoot an armadillo, but the... | Business Insider
- 'Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation' may be the most fun movie you... | Business Insider