3 Stocks under $5 to Watch
Three stocks that are either going to keep falling or bounce back in 2012 are Patriot Coal (PCX), The Wendy's Company (WEN), and Nokia Corp. (NOK).
How did Patriot Coal (PCX) ever get to under $5, today it closed down 18% to $3.94. The Wendy's Company (WEN) shares have been stuck under five bucks forever. Nokia (NOK) shares haven't stop falling for the month and sunk to new 52-week low today of $2.88. Its a shame all three of these companies have dropped so much in market cap, its why we are taking notice.
Patriot (PCX) is the worst falling knife of the bunch and is now trading under $4. Over the past 12 months Patriot Coal (PCX) shares have traded between $3.88 and its 52-week high of $24.99. PCX shares was murdered today after the coal producer cut its forecast it made last week. Patriot and the entire coal sector is hurting however PCX is getting hammered the worst. Coal prices are dirt cheap and its making companies like Patriot struggle to be profitable.
Wendy's (WEN) shares have crept down to within 5% of its 52-week low. WEN now pays a 1.7% annual dividend yield and trades at $4.53. Wendy's is no McDonalds (MCD) or Chipolte (CMG) and its share reflects that. In the last two years Wendy's has traded between $5.60 and $4.29, never leaving that range. However Wendy's does have some fans, namely Rocco Pendola. Check out Wendy's May Be the Next Big Turnaround Story which he published on April 27th.
Nokia (NOK) can't stop the bleeding, its shares closed at $2.88. Nokia hasn't traded under $3 since 1996, my how times have changed. Mastery has gone to bat for Nokia on numerous occasions, the last time on May 11th in Stock to Buy for $3. If you haven't lost interest already, review that article as our positon has not changed.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the recent decline some quality names have fallen under $5. That includes Wendy's (WEN), Nokia (NOK), and Patriot (PCX). The bleeding may not be over for all three companies but what needs to be considered is they are all trading at historic lows.
Of the three Mastery prefers WEN first, then NOK, and finally PCX.
3 STOCKS UNDER $5 TO WATCH
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shoulda Called Huma... | ZeroHedge
- What the New SEC Money Market Fund Regulations Mean for the Financial System | Financial Sense
- Al Qaeda In Syria Changed Its Name And Now The US Is Arming Them | ZeroHedge
- Recession Odds Spike To 37%, JPM Calculates, Highest Yet For This Cycle | ZeroHedge
- Clinton's Pay-to-Play Is The Natural Consequence Of Big Government | ZeroHedge
- Is This Hillary Clinton's Roadmap For America? | ZeroHedge
- American Electorate Loses As Partisan Media Coverage Of Candidate Health Turns Outright Bizarre | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China is cracking down on online lending | Business Insider
- These are the languages people most want to learn | Business Insider
- There's one thing you can do to make your scariest moments more... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's new pitch to African-American voters is hitting a... | Business Insider
- Here's which US cities have the most Olympic gold medals | Business Insider
- Robo-advisors are gaining popularity with high-net-... | Business Insider
- Traffic chaos after a lorry hit an bridge on the M20, one... | Business Insider