3 Stocks under $5 to Watch
Three stocks that are either going to keep falling or bounce back in 2012 are Patriot Coal (PCX), The Wendy's Company (WEN), and Nokia Corp. (NOK).
How did Patriot Coal (PCX) ever get to under $5, today it closed down 18% to $3.94. The Wendy's Company (WEN) shares have been stuck under five bucks forever. Nokia (NOK) shares haven't stop falling for the month and sunk to new 52-week low today of $2.88. Its a shame all three of these companies have dropped so much in market cap, its why we are taking notice.
Patriot (PCX) is the worst falling knife of the bunch and is now trading under $4. Over the past 12 months Patriot Coal (PCX) shares have traded between $3.88 and its 52-week high of $24.99. PCX shares was murdered today after the coal producer cut its forecast it made last week. Patriot and the entire coal sector is hurting however PCX is getting hammered the worst. Coal prices are dirt cheap and its making companies like Patriot struggle to be profitable.
Wendy's (WEN) shares have crept down to within 5% of its 52-week low. WEN now pays a 1.7% annual dividend yield and trades at $4.53. Wendy's is no McDonalds (MCD) or Chipolte (CMG) and its share reflects that. In the last two years Wendy's has traded between $5.60 and $4.29, never leaving that range. However Wendy's does have some fans, namely Rocco Pendola. Check out Wendy's May Be the Next Big Turnaround Story which he published on April 27th.
Nokia (NOK) can't stop the bleeding, its shares closed at $2.88. Nokia hasn't traded under $3 since 1996, my how times have changed. Mastery has gone to bat for Nokia on numerous occasions, the last time on May 11th in Stock to Buy for $3. If you haven't lost interest already, review that article as our positon has not changed.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the recent decline some quality names have fallen under $5. That includes Wendy's (WEN), Nokia (NOK), and Patriot (PCX). The bleeding may not be over for all three companies but what needs to be considered is they are all trading at historic lows.
Of the three Mastery prefers WEN first, then NOK, and finally PCX.
3 STOCKS UNDER $5 TO WATCH
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Feds Subpoena Port Authority Records As Christie Probe Deepens | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Close Down Despite Last Hour Buying Panic | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Season in the Rearview Mirror | Financial Sense
- Everyone Agrees that Ukraine Sniper Attacks Were a False Flag … They Only Argue About WHO's Behind Them | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Asks "Can We Afford Ukraine?" | ZeroHedge
- Global Debt Exceeds $100 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- 20 Stunning Facts On The US Retail Apocalypse | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Shares of Boeing Slip as Malaysia Airlines Flight Remains Missing | TheStreet.com
- Why Extensive Mental Health Treatment Didn't Stop Adam Lanza | Business Insider
- Experts Say The Black Boxes From The Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane Should Turn Up Soon... | Business Insider
- Comedy Club Kicks Female Comedian Off The Schedule Because There Were 'Too Many Women... | Business Insider
- A Stun Gun Drone Designed To Incapacitate Criminals Is The Scariest Thing At SXSW | Business Insider
- 3 Strategies For Getting A Promotion When You Work From Home | Business Insider
- How The 1% Travel To SXSW | Business Insider