Stocks: Time to Exit while we are at the Top?
Nothing worse than getting caught with your pants down. When it comes to your money and the average investor we all pay the price when we don't sell before a correction. Volatility just spiked and the political landscape is sketchy.
Fear is what makes markets fall. The measure for 'fear in the stock market' is still the VIX.
The CBOE volatility index, or VIX, is now at its highest level since the end of January, following an 11% surge yesterday. We just hit a two week high in the VIX and that is not normal.
The VIX is calculated from the cost of buying options on the S&P 500 in a month’s time, so shows if traders are trying to protect themselves from a crash.
It’s still quite low in historical terms, at around 12.05 right now.
Speaking of fear, this is dope.
This headline from CNBC is enough of a message. Feels like a pump and dump email you would delete from your spam folder
Donald Trump complains the media ignores bull market despite constant coverage of bull market
President Donald Trump took credit for the stock market's record run and complained the media never reports on its rise despite CNBC and other business news outlets having done so perpetually since he won the election.
Stocks had already rallied significantly since Trump's election, as optimism about his proposed policies and improving economic data emboldened market bulls.
Seriously people, what else do you need to hear. At least take some off the table so you can play later down the road.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Warning To North Korea, US Releases Video Of Overnight Minuteman III ICBM Launch | ZeroHedge
- Military Spending In Perspective - Russia 'Wins' | ZeroHedge
- US Military Begins Moving THAAD Anti-Missile System Into South Korea Deployment Site | ZeroHedge
- Blistering Foreign Demand In Blockbuster 2 Year Auction; Highest Indirects In 8 Years | ZeroHedge
- Freedom Caucus Confirms Support For Revised Obamacare Replacement Bill | ZeroHedge
- ViVa MaRooN…MaCRoN... | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Tumbles Most In 5 Weeks After Earnings Disappoint Across The Board | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Marine charged with revenge porn in first... | Business Insider
- The founders of a $1.3 billion startup raised $250 million while keeping over 50% of the... | Business Insider
- Hedge fund billionaire Bill Ackman provides a perfect example of how the rich get... | Business Insider
- The 37 jobs that are most damaging to your health | Business Insider
- We shadowed a bunch of Wall Streeters during an... | Business Insider
- Recovering heroin addict explains why it's so hard to... | Business Insider
- Taiwan's president said a direct phone... | Business Insider