Stocks: Time to Exit while we are at the Top?
Nothing worse than getting caught with your pants down. When it comes to your money and the average investor we all pay the price when we don't sell before a correction. Volatility just spiked and the political landscape is sketchy.
Fear is what makes markets fall. The measure for 'fear in the stock market' is still the VIX.
The CBOE volatility index, or VIX, is now at its highest level since the end of January, following an 11% surge yesterday. We just hit a two week high in the VIX and that is not normal.
The VIX is calculated from the cost of buying options on the S&P 500 in a month’s time, so shows if traders are trying to protect themselves from a crash.
It’s still quite low in historical terms, at around 12.05 right now.
Speaking of fear, this is dope.
This headline from CNBC is enough of a message. Feels like a pump and dump email you would delete from your spam folder
Donald Trump complains the media ignores bull market despite constant coverage of bull market
President Donald Trump took credit for the stock market's record run and complained the media never reports on its rise despite CNBC and other business news outlets having done so perpetually since he won the election.
Stocks had already rallied significantly since Trump's election, as optimism about his proposed policies and improving economic data emboldened market bulls.
Seriously people, what else do you need to hear. At least take some off the table so you can play later down the road.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Cybersecurity of the Power Grid: A Growing Challenge | Financial Sense
- EIA Reports Minor Build in Crude Inventories, Draw in Gasoline Stocks | Financial Sense
- China Accounts For Half Of All Global Debt Created Since 2005: Here Are The Implications | ZeroHedge
- 6 Things That Will Happen If Our Power Grid Goes Down | ZeroHedge
- FRESH: DNA Tests Reveal Subway's Chicken Sandwiches Are Just Half Chicken | ZeroHedge
- In Latest Tightening Move, China To Cut Money Supply Growth To 12% | ZeroHedge
- Trump’s Speech, Europe Elections, and Political Soapbox Opera | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Justice department... | Business Insider
- White House responds to father of Navy SEAL killed in... | Business Insider
- Four New Orleans Saints players say they were denied entry to a London... | Business Insider
- Trump is taking his time to fill more than 500 key jobs, and that could stymie his agenda... | Business Insider
- Disney CEO Bob Iger is reportedly considering a presidential run in 2020 | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- 16 more Jewish centers got rocked by fake bomb threats... | Business Insider