Stocks to Buy in June 2014
Gun to the head and you have to buy five equities at right now. I go with GE, BGFV, YELP, NFLX, DIG.
The S&P 500 is attempting to break a 5% gain YTD. That's nothing compared to the 30+% gain in 2013. How to repeat those gains?
But you can do with some solid performers and stocks that have more bounce to the ounce.
Mastery recommends the following line-up to add to your porfolio.
Go with the following allocations:
30% into ProShares Ultra Oil & Gas (ETF) NYSE (DIG) trading at $79 a share. With the boom in fracking and shaling we go with the bundle ETF. Not to mention summer driving season is upon us. The stocks that make up oil, gasoline, and everything that powers our crap means a ROI for the DIG.
10% Netflix (NFLX) because who doesn't use this service. Your kids are done with DVD's and Blu-Rays. Why bother when you can pony up $9 a month and give them everything they want. You can also cut the cable cord and enjoy shows like Breaking Bad and others after they are done 6 to 12 months later. Let's face it. With the excess of content that is on TV you don't have time to watch all this shit. Get to it when you want. That's what's driving Netflix for the next generation.
Need more reasons to buy Netflix? How about entering Germany and four other European countries later this year, adding to online movie and TV subscription services that the company provides in the U.K., Scandinavia and the Netherlands.
10% Yelp Inc (YELP) - If you review anything on the internets you use Yelp. Be smart. Google (GOOG) or Apple (AAPL) could snap this company in a heartbeat putting it right back to $100 a share overnight.
20% General Electric (GE) - GE Rules the world. Every portfolio should be in this stock for the long term plan and dividend. We turn to 247Wallst.com for the thesis on buying GE. Why GE May Be King of the Conglomerates in 2014 — and 2015
30% Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) - The entire sporting goods sector has been sacraficed and we are going with Barron's recommendation for the sector. Here's the link: 05/10/14 Brink's, Big 5 Sporting Goods Ready to Rebound
And now more bounce...
Disclosure: The authors of this publication hold a long position in YELP, GE, and BGFV.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Biotech Investors "Fight The Fed" | ZeroHedge
- An Annotated History of World Oil Price Shocks | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Goes Schizo On Gold: Boosts Price Target To $1200 Even As It Is "Selling It With Conviction" | ZeroHedge
- BitLicense Part 1 - Benjamin Lawsky's Attempt to Single-Handedly Drive the US Economy Back into the Dark Ages | ZeroHedge
- Caption Contest: The Lifecycle Of An ISIS Fanatic | ZeroHedge
- Argentina Debt "Mediation" Goes Surreal As Neither Side Turns Up For Meeting, Black-Market Peso Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- Useful Idiots and the Something For Nothing Society - Part 1 of 3 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Barry Silbert Steps Down As SecondMarket CEO | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of... | StreetInsider.com
- S&P 500 MAKES NEW ALL-TIME HIGH: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, WHR, BA... | Business Insider
- Meet The 22-Year-Old Student People Are Calling 'The Italian Mark Zuckerberg... | Business Insider
- Here Are The Must-Know Secrets To A Great Business Card | Business Insider
- The One Person Everybody In Baseball Wants To Be The Next Commissioner Doesn't... | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: Apple’s R&D Spending... | Business Insider