Stocks to Buy in June 2014
Gun to the head and you have to buy five equities at right now. I go with GE, BGFV, YELP, NFLX, DIG.
The S&P 500 is attempting to break a 5% gain YTD. That's nothing compared to the 30+% gain in 2013. How to repeat those gains?
But you can do with some solid performers and stocks that have more bounce to the ounce.
Mastery recommends the following line-up to add to your porfolio.
Go with the following allocations:
30% into ProShares Ultra Oil & Gas (ETF) NYSE (DIG) trading at $79 a share. With the boom in fracking and shaling we go with the bundle ETF. Not to mention summer driving season is upon us. The stocks that make up oil, gasoline, and everything that powers our crap means a ROI for the DIG.
10% Netflix (NFLX) because who doesn't use this service. Your kids are done with DVD's and Blu-Rays. Why bother when you can pony up $9 a month and give them everything they want. You can also cut the cable cord and enjoy shows like Breaking Bad and others after they are done 6 to 12 months later. Let's face it. With the excess of content that is on TV you don't have time to watch all this shit. Get to it when you want. That's what's driving Netflix for the next generation.
Need more reasons to buy Netflix? How about entering Germany and four other European countries later this year, adding to online movie and TV subscription services that the company provides in the U.K., Scandinavia and the Netherlands.
10% Yelp Inc (YELP) - If you review anything on the internets you use Yelp. Be smart. Google (GOOG) or Apple (AAPL) could snap this company in a heartbeat putting it right back to $100 a share overnight.
20% General Electric (GE) - GE Rules the world. Every portfolio should be in this stock for the long term plan and dividend. We turn to 247Wallst.com for the thesis on buying GE. Why GE May Be King of the Conglomerates in 2014 — and 2015
30% Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) - The entire sporting goods sector has been sacraficed and we are going with Barron's recommendation for the sector. Here's the link: 05/10/14 Brink's, Big 5 Sporting Goods Ready to Rebound
And now more bounce...
Disclosure: The authors of this publication hold a long position in YELP, GE, and BGFV.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are These The Tankers Bilal Erdogan Uses To Transport ISIS Oil? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: November 30 | ZeroHedge
- US Corporate Earnings, Overseas Sales and the Dollar | Financial Sense
- Hyperinflation Watch: Kazakhstan Unveils New 20,000 Tenge Banknote | ZeroHedge
- Paris Is Prologue | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley Throws In The Permabullish Towel, Says It Is "Feeling Worse, But Not Sure Can Explain It"" | ZeroHedge
- "It Is All Rather Scary" - Chinese Debt Snowball Gaining Momentum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Andy Murray gives Britain Davis Cup title after 79 years | Business Insider
- Barnes art museum looks to build on successful move | Business Insider
- The 10 movies people love watching over and over and over again | Business Insider
- Great hustle play by Vikings linebacker may have saved a... | Business Insider
- The FBI is about to label animal cruelty as a 'crime against... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Here come eurozone manufacturing PMIs... | Business Insider