IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- IMF Warns Brexit "Uncertainty" Means "Even Lower Growth" For UK, EU | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Bounce, Bonds Bid, But Gold Soars To Best Year Since 1980 | ZeroHedge
- In Shocking Move, Boris Johnson Says He Won't Run For UK Prime Minister, Tory Leader | ZeroHedge
- The TARGET2 Chart Shows A Breakdown Of The Central Bank Narrative | ZeroHedge
- Yuan Tumbles, Stabilizes After Reuters Report China Willing To Weaken Currency To 6.80 | ZeroHedge
- Explaining The Latest Chaos In UK Politics | ZeroHedge
- Silver Surges 20% In Dollars and 28% In Sterling In June | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists predict that summers in New York City could claim thousands of lives... | Business Insider
- THE BLOCKCHAIN REPORT: Why the technology behind Bitcoin is seeing widespread investment and early... | Business Insider
- Adnan Syed from the podcast 'Serial' has been granted a new trial... | Business Insider
- A strange phenomenon is making the 'new housing crisis' even worse | Business Insider
- What to do first with your money | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (spy, spx, qqq, dia, gs, bac, ms, c, jpm, ci, antm) | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (SPY, DJI, IXIC) | Business Insider