IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germany Shuts Down Canadian Bank Tied To Money Laundering | ZeroHedge
- "Few Are Yet Willing To Admit The Harsh Reality..." | ZeroHedge
- Monday Humor: A Preview Of The Bernie Sanders Presidency | ZeroHedge
- Q4 Earnings Illustrate Earnings Recession | Financial Sense
- deFANG'd | ZeroHedge
- Krinsky on Stock Market: Primary Trend Has Shifted to the Downside | Financial Sense
- NYSE Margin Debt Renews Its Decline | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- How a group of 4 friends from college teamed up to achieve one of the most... | Business Insider
- 5 things you need to know about North Korea... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- A new theory suggests this is the... | Business Insider
- Michael Kors has identified a huge weakness in its business — and it... | Business Insider
- Haters, shhhhh! The V-22 Osprey is an unbelievably accomplished... | Business Insider