IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Speculative Fervor Heating Up | iBankCoin.com
- Bank of Japan Refrains From Deepening Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Chinese Commodity Crash Continues, But Pigs Are Flying | ZeroHedge
- Back To The Future | ZeroHedge
- Central Bank Have Set the Stage For a Disaster That Will Make 2008 Look Like a Joke | ZeroHedge
- Dispatches from Occupied Territory – Fear is the Mind Killer | ZeroHedge
- The US Guide To Middle-Eastern Terror Groups (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Central Banks Have Premature Rate-Hike Anxiety | Business Insider
- The Truth About Sapphire, The Insanely Hard Material Apple May Use For The iPhone 6... | Business Insider
- Google Is Deliberately Showing You Lousy Old Versions Of... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- iPhone 6 Sales Will Be So Big That They'll Move The Needle On Chinese Exports... | Business Insider
- THE CARRIER BILLING REPORT: Recent... | Business Insider
- Apple's Next iPhone: What We Think We Know | TheStreet.com