IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Playing the Chinese Trump Card | Financial Sense
- Goldman Warns This Extreme Indicator "Is Rare Outside Of A Recession" | ZeroHedge
- Rewriting The Rules - Trump's Rise Is Unprecedented | ZeroHedge
- This Is Oil's Biggest 3-Day Rally In 25 Years | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Reignites - 1 Killed, 50 Injured After Grenade Attack On Parliament | ZeroHedge
- The Age Of Voodoo Finance | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Sanders Blasts "The Business Model Of Wall Street Is Fraud" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- If Rachel Bloom's musical TV show is half as hilarious as her YouTube channel, it... | Business Insider
- Here's the important stuff that happened in Jackson Hole this weekend | Business Insider
- Here's why 68-year-old Susan Sarandon loves going to Burning Man | Business Insider
- Thousands of walruses are all crowded together in one spot — and it signals something... | Business Insider
- In his last months of life, Oliver Sacks left us with powerful... | Business Insider