IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mind the Fade | iBankCoin.com
- Chart Of The Day: For Caterpillar The "Great Recovery" Is Just As Bad As The Great Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Forget Shiller's CAPE, Warren Buffett's "Best Indicator" Is Flashing Bubble Red | ZeroHedge
- America's Dumbest Move Yet: Seizing A Foreign Bank | ZeroHedge
- Is It 1999 All Over Again? | Financial Sense
- ‘Apocalypse’ Krugman Ignores History, Keynes And Lenin’s Warnings | ZeroHedge
- Summertime Blues for Commodities | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why A Little Self-Delusion Can Be Good For You | Business Insider
- Two Years After The World Said It Would Flop, Facebook Stock Is... | Business Insider
- Microsoft Engineers Star In This Super Geeky Video And I Can't Stop Watching It | Business Insider
- Michael Bloomberg Accuses Wolf Blitzer Of Insulting America... | Business Insider
- The NFL Is Suspending Ray Rice For 2 Games For Allegedly Knocking His Wife Unconcious | Business Insider
- 10 Huge Reveals To Expect From San Diego Comic-Con | Business Insider
- Barry Silbert Steps Down As SecondMarket CEO | Business Insider