IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Basic Bond Market Education | iBankCoin.com
- Smoking a Ton of Cashish Into the Bell | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Treasury Warns China Over Yuan Depreciation; Treasury Hypocrites; What If? | Financial Sense
- REITs | iBankCoin.com
- Further Downside May Be Ahead, Though Long-Term Trend Still Intact | Financial Sense
- This Is Your Market; This Is Your Market Without Tuesdays - Redux | ZeroHedge
- Russian Fighter Jet Flies Repeatedly Within 1000 Yards Of US Warship In The Black Sea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Market Isn't Looking So Great | Business Insider
- How Facebook Paying $19 Billion For WhatsApp Made The Guys At Oculus Think... | Business Insider
- 6 Facts About China's Love Affair With Gold (GLD) | Business Insider
- Today Is Bicycle Day — Here Are The World's 20 Best Cities For Cyclists | Business Insider
- The 22 Richest Neighborhoods In Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- Cramer: IBM Will Be Buyable Amid Rotation Into Value Stocks | TheStreet.com
- Twitter Is Quietly Building A $100 Million Business In Big Data (TWTR) | Business Insider