IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold and Silver Aren’t Getting Stronger, Report 29 May, 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Bill Kristol's Independent Pick To Take On "Roaring Jackass" Donald Trump Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Another Real Estate Crash Looms: Sam Zell Dumps Holdings, Warns "The Fed's Deferred Reality For Too Long" | ZeroHedge
- $50 Oil Doesn't Work | ZeroHedge
- Should Britain Leave the EU? Two Analysts Debate | Financial Sense
- Futures Flat, Gold Rises On Weaker Dollar As Traders Focus On OPEC, Payrolls | ZeroHedge
- “Road Trains” Are Ready: Who Wins, and Who Loses? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's the very revealing preview for the next episode of 'Game of... | Business Insider
- 15 money lies you should stop telling yourself by age 30 | Business Insider
- Zombie companies are holding China's economy hostage | Business Insider
- The New Front In... | Business Insider
- These are the most popular mints in the world | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Bernie Sanders went to the Warriors game and called it a 'very... | Business Insider