IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Many Stock Market Top Boxes Have Been Checked? | Financial Sense
- Famished for Moar Gains | iBankCoin.com
- Elevating Markets: A Signal of Reviving Bank Lending? | Financial Sense
- Ned Schmidt: Bear Market in Gold Is Over | Financial Sense
- Fukushima Radiation To Reach West Coast Next Month | ZeroHedge
- Enter the Inter | Financial Sense
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Friends Can Let You Access Your Facebook Account If You Get Locked Out | Business Insider
- Cornell President David Skorton Leaving University To Head Smithsonian... | Business Insider
- Software Developers Are Terrified Of What Happens When They Hit 30 | Business Insider
- The Story Of How Marc Andreessen Told Ben Horowitz 'F--- You' — And Then... | Business Insider
- Meet The Richest Person In 34 Major Countries | Business Insider
- John Kerry Made A Troubling Threat Over Russia's Annexation Of Crimea | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: Here's What Happens To Your Body In Space | Business Insider