IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- RBC On The Treasury Standoff: "Someone Is Going To Get Hurt Badly" | ZeroHedge
- Dow Tumbles Into Red For 2017 On "Computer-Guided Sell Program" | ZeroHedge
- Higher Interest Rates Good for Stocks | Financial Sense
- 2017—Shades of 1937 | Financial Sense
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: A December Bounce | Financial Sense
- Donald And The Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Nothing Is Real: When Reality TV Programming Masquerades As Politics | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We tested out these glasses that keep computer screens from... | Business Insider
- Alibaba's Jack Ma announces major digital partnership with International... | Business Insider
- State-backed cyberattacks against NATO went up 60% in... | Business Insider
- This graphic shows how out-of-control San Francisco housing prices have gotten | Business Insider
- Senegalese troops say they'll cross the border if... | Business Insider
- Trump's EPA pick isn't clear on what are considered toxic lead... | Business Insider
- This futuristic apartment transforms five rooms into one | Business Insider