IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: April 17 | ZeroHedge
- Has The Fed Already Lost? | ZeroHedge
- Take Note: 2008 Was the Warm Up | ZeroHedge
- Crude Prices Surge as the Pieces Fall Into Place | Financial Sense
- Grexit Lives As "Deluded" Forecasters Predict The Unpredictable | ZeroHedge
- The Trap Has Been Laid | iBankCoin.com
- Hillary Clinton Is Grooming A Former Goldman Banker To Become America's Next Treasury Secretary | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why some people believe Mark Zuckerberg's plan to bring cheap... | Business Insider
- PHOTOS: The Hatton Garden jewel robbery gang may have drilled this tunnel too | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- This ranking shows which British sandwiches and... | Business Insider
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators say they already know the ending to the show... | Business Insider
- This 19th-century sea fort has been converted into a luxury hotel – complete with... | Business Insider