IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Real Crisis in Europe Will Be Political With Spain as Ground Zero | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales Drop In August (After Record Surge In New Home Sales) | ZeroHedge
- Why Stock Investors Should Care What Happens in the Junk Bond Market | Financial Sense
- Asian Stocks Are Sliding Following Data Disappointments Across The Region | ZeroHedge
- Summarizing The "Long Dollar Trade" In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Bank CEOs are the New Drug Lords | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns The West "Sanctioning Russia Is A Big Mistake" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- PIMCO Just Struck Bill Gross From Its Twitter Record | Business Insider
- Liberia's top doctor under Ebola quarantine, deputy dead... | Business Insider
- Larry Ellison Is A Billionaire Today Thanks To The CIA (ORCL) | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Today (GPRO, MSFT, AAPL, NFLX) | Business Insider
- Video Shows What Happens When Tear Gas Hits Hong Kong Streets | Business Insider
- CVS Health Kicks the Tobacco Habit and Will Outperform Walgreen | TheStreet.com
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek