IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Harvard Professor Demands Ban On $20, $50, $100 Bills | ZeroHedge
- Recession Odds Spike To 37%, JPM Calculates, Highest Yet For This Cycle | ZeroHedge
- $oRo$ (Part III) | ZeroHedge
- A Kingdom In Turmoil: Saudi Societal Discontent Grows | ZeroHedge
- Joe Biden Humiliated In Turkish "Appeasement" As Erdogan Bombs US Allies In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Don't Think Armageddon, Think "A Thousand Balls Of Flame... And Then Crickets!" | ZeroHedge
- $oRo$ (PART II) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Take a tour of this Chinese 'nail' neighborhood that's been in a stalemate with... | Business Insider
- These are the craziest outfits at the MTV Video Music Awards | Business Insider
- Microsoft is trying harder to silence internet haters | Business Insider
- 2 Chicago men charged in shooting of Nykea... | Business Insider
- Why America's newest stock exchange is preparing for failure | Business Insider
- There's one thing you can do to make your scariest moments more... | Business Insider
- 5 skills you learned in college that can be useful at any... | Business Insider