IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 10 Worst Economic Predictions Ever | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Offers Free Currency Movement in China, for Now | Financial Sense
- Volcker Rule Details Revealed: Compensation For Prop Trading Will Be Barred... Just Not Prop Trading Itself | ZeroHedge
- VIX SSDD WTF LMAO | ZeroHedge
- 2nd Hindenburg Omen In 3 Days Stumbles Stocks; Bonds And Bullion Bid | ZeroHedge
- HFT Algos Force Institutional Investors Off-Exchange | ZeroHedge
- Gold and Silver Stocks Are for Losers | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- This Is What It Would Be Like To Have A Robot That Loves You | Business Insider
- GRAPH: Medicaid Cost Growth Is Way Less Than... | Business Insider
- Here Are The New Food Trends We'll See On Restaurant Menus In 2014 | Business Insider
- Bitcoin Has Made A Major Comeback | Business Insider
- The 19 Best GIFs From NFL Week 14 | Business Insider
- Bitcoin Proves The Libertarian Idea Of Paradise Would Be Hell On... | Business Insider