IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Biggest Weekly Stock Rally Since 2012 Continues Driven By Tumbling Dollar, Dovish Fed; Commodities Surge | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Declares Spending Moratorium As Oil Rout Bankrupts Kingdom | ZeroHedge
- Fukushima Kids Suffer Thyroid Cancer Up To 50x Normal Rate, New Study Finds | ZeroHedge
- Jobless Claims, Leading Economic Indicators Still Not Warning of Recession | Financial Sense
- The Stock Market Rally... To Nowhere | ZeroHedge
- Milton Friedman Accurately Explains Today’s Immigration Problem | Financial Sense
- The First Crack: Deutsche Bank Preannounces Massive Loss, May Cut Dividend | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The White House just abandoned the big Syria rebel training program that Obama said he... | Business Insider
- Justice Dept, police gather for summit on violent crime | Business Insider
- 'Dateline NBC' gathers Bill Cosby accusers for... | Business Insider
- Rupert Murdoch suggests Obama isn't 'real black... | Business Insider
- Chirinos 2-run homer leads Rangers over Blue Jays 5-3 | Business Insider