IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Personal Income for October | Financial Sense
- Richard Russell: The Passing of an Icon | Financial Sense
- Profound Political Disunity Is Now Pitting Rising Elites Against Fading Elites | ZeroHedge
- G20 Talks Dominated by Paris Attacks | Financial Sense
- Geopolitical Tension Tops Revised GDP | Financial Sense
- 5 Signs Of America's Decaying Society | ZeroHedge
- Trump On Waterboarding: "You Bet Your Ass I'd Approve It, Even If It Doesn't Work" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia halting gas supplies to Ukraine | Business Insider
- Syrian group: IS releases more Assyrian Christian hostages... | Business Insider
- Hate speech found on Yik Yak caused a university president to... | Business Insider
- The 57 best tech gifts you should scramble for this Black Friday | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 2 men charged with murder in killing of pastor's wife | Business Insider
- Black Friday madness missing in rural Alaska communities | Business Insider