IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- After Brexit, 9 Reasons To Be Bullish On Great Britain | ZeroHedge
- Obama Administration Blocked Comey From Revealing "Russian Tampering" Before Election | ZeroHedge
- February Pending Home Sales Surge Most Since 2010 (And Plunge Most Since Nov 2014) | ZeroHedge
- Retired Texas Teachers "Very Fed Up" As Healthcare Costs Set To Triple | ZeroHedge
- Jim Rogers Warns, The Fed "Has No Clue... Will Ruin Us All" | ZeroHedge
- Congress Poised To Obliterate Broadband Privacy Rules | ZeroHedge
- Forget ObamaCare, RyanCare, and any Future ReformCare—the Healthcare System Is Completely Broken | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Betsy DeVos compared school choice to taking Uber over a taxi — here's why... | Business Insider
- Michelle Pfeiffer explains why she 'disappeared' from... | Business Insider
- 'This didn't happen overnight': Congressional committee launches... | Business Insider
- THE RETAILER... | Business Insider
- The remarkable story of the illegal deliveryman who... | Business Insider
- 3 TSA workers reportedly suffered minor... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, RH) | Business Insider