IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Continues to Expand | Financial Sense
- Q2 Earnings Show Improvement Over Prior Quarters | Financial Sense
- If Americans Knew What Was Happening In Israel … | ZeroHedge
- Housing Starts Plunge Due to Horrific Data From the South | Financial Sense
- Escaping The Rat-Race | ZeroHedge
- Euro Eases to New 2014 Lows | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Google's Next Smartphone Could Be Gigantic | Business Insider
- Jawbone Exec: Here's Why It's... | Business Insider
- Here Are The Countries That Smoke The Most Marijuana | Business Insider
- The Weekend Is Over And Stocks Are Falling | Business Insider
- Ford Beats, GM Stalls, Eli Lilly Reports & Jim Cramer's Bank Pick | TheStreet.com
- Buzzfeed Cans Editor After Uncovering '40 Instances' Of Plagiarism | Business Insider
- Refiners Are a No-No Right Now, Stick With US Oil Exploration Companies | TheStreet.com