IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Battlefield is Primed for Carnage | iBankCoin.com
- A Tale Of Two Streets: Main Street Lagging, Wall Street Booming | ZeroHedge
- Top 100 Ranked Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- 3 Charts To Prove That 'Shadow Banking' Could Collapse The Entire Financial System | ZeroHedge
- How Do The Greeks Really Feel? | ZeroHedge
- Santelli Stunned As Janet Yellen Admits "Cash Is Not A Store Of Value" | ZeroHedge
- Driverless Cars Poised to Transform Automotive Industry | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Piranha feeding frenzy video shows exactly where you don't want to swim | Business Insider
- Amazon denies rumors claiming it's on the cusp of a huge acquisition (AMZN) | Business Insider
- 'The Jinx' is eerily similar to the 1998 documentary ‘The Thin Blue... | Business Insider
- The co-pilot of Germanwings flight 9525 reportedly told his... | Business Insider
- People on Twitter say #ThankYouEllenPao | Business Insider
- The insane ways the human body changes during long-term spaceflight | Business Insider
- Brazil stagnates in 2014, recession looms for 2015 | Business Insider