IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Waiting for a Lift | iBankCoin.com
- The Emergence of the U.S. Petro-Dollar | Financial Sense
- Scottish "No" Vote Pushes S&P To New Record High; Cable, Yen Roundtrip On Quad-Witching Alibaba Day | ZeroHedge
- You Know Your Country Is Broke When... | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks with Old School Sass Today | iBankCoin.com
- RATES ARE GOING TO 0%, YAH | iBankCoin.com
- Fed Comments Should Spur Positivity | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Yelp's 2014 a Sorry Follow Up to '13, But Analysts Optimistic | TheStreet.com
- Sovereign Scotland Would Hurt Its Economy, but England Shouldn't Care | TheStreet.com
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Here's What Job Seekers Can Learn From Tom Brady's Post-College Resume | Business Insider
- Elon Musk Says Tesla’s Self-Driving Cars Will Be 10 Times Safer Than Human Drivers... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- We Did The Math: Which iPhone 6 Should You Buy? | Business Insider