IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Something Changed" - Comparing E-Mini Liquidity In 2009, 2012 And Today | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Dec 19, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- RERAX, I AM A DOCTOR | iBankCoin.com
- Greek Vote Bribery Scandal Brings Goldman's "Worst Case" Scenario Closer | ZeroHedge
- PUTIN, NORTH KOREA, OIL...HAPPY HOLIDAYS | ZeroHedge
- China's Stocks Worth 50% More Than Rest Of BRICS Combined | ZeroHedge
- China’s Pivot Toward Europe May Cut U.S. Out of Deal | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why BlackBerry Shares Are Falling, Despite a Surprise Profit | TheStreet.com
- Obama warns N. Korea over Sony hack: 'We will respond... | Business Insider
- Young People Are Risky Investors — And It Isn't Paying Off | Business Insider
- McDonald's Highest-Calorie Menu Item Is In Crisis | Business Insider
- 11 Tiny Design Features That Show Apple's... | Business Insider
- Johnson the wrecker as India collapse in Gabba Test | Business Insider
- A 24-Year-Old Executive Created An Alarming New Model For Online Jihadists | Business Insider