IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Last Days Of The Growth Story | ZeroHedge
- Someone Didn't Do The Math On The ECB's Corporate Bond Purchasing "Trial Balloon" | ZeroHedge
- Who's Right? | ZeroHedge
- Central Banker Admits Central Bank Policy Leads To Wealth Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Back to the Future with These Two Iconic Brands | iBankCoin.com
- Tuesday Humor: 0.1% "Problems" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Soaring Chromebook Sales Are Great News for Google, Acer, Samsung and HP | TheStreet.com
- It May Be A Lot Harder For Bankers To Pop Bottles With Their Clients In The Near Future | Business Insider
- This Phone Has No Frame Around Its Display, But It's Missing A Few Other Things... | Business Insider
- Uber Drivers Across The Country Are Protesting Today... | Business Insider
- The 11 Most Popular Apps Employees Use At Work | Business Insider
- REPORTS: There's An Active Shooter Near Canadian Parliament | Business Insider
- Giants rip Royals 7-1 in baseball World Series opener | Business Insider