IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Chinese Buy Billboards Announcing The Renminbi As "The New World Currency" | ZeroHedge
- Crude Jumps After API Inventories Build Less Than Expected | ZeroHedge
- It’s Shocking Because It’s Normal | iBankCoin.com
- And The Market Breaks | ZeroHedge
- There is Only One Way to Play This Game: With Conviction | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap Mar 3, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- As 1000s Mourn At Nemtsov's Funeral, Seven Main Conspiracy Theories Emerge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Most Americans think the government helped Wall Street more than Main Street after... | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch is on the cover of a Chinese fashion... | Business Insider
- Here's how to dress like the power couple from 'House of Cards' | Business Insider
- Pussy Riot says Putin is even worse than the Russian president on '... | Business Insider
- Samsung is suffering an epic global defeat by Apple [DATA] | Business Insider