IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in April | Financial Sense
- ABC's of the AIIB | Financial Sense
- Steen Jakobsen Warns, Brace For The Next Recession | ZeroHedge
- Housing Data Rebounds; Walmart Disappoints | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap May 22, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- ‘Titanic’ Global Economy May “Collapse” Warn HSBC - Gold Is Lifeboat | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Hasn't Solved Anything… All It's Done Is Set Up an Even Bigger Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pro-charter school group spent $2.4 million to get a... | Business Insider
- Email dump reveals how Team Clinton deals with 'pain in the a--... | Business Insider
- Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest | Business Insider
- Indonesia begins search for migrant boats | Business Insider
- This is why Criteo is one of the few... | Business Insider
- LEAKED: This Microsoft app lets you copy from Windows and paste to... | Business Insider
- Taking one year to teach English in South Korea completely changed my life | Business Insider