IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia May Condemn "Annexation" Of East Germany | ZeroHedge
- France 'Proves' Q€ Is Entirely Useless | ZeroHedge
- Crude Contagion: California's Kern County Declares Fiscal Emergency Due To Plunging Oil Price | ZeroHedge
- The Surprising Consequences of the Global Frenzy for Positive Yield | Financial Sense
- Market Wrap: Futures Tumble On Spike Of "Strong Dollar" Earnings Disappointments And Profit Warnings | ZeroHedge
- Get Ready For (Fraudulent) Higher U.S. Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Foreign Capital Flows Could Drive US Markets Significantly Higher | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook Crushes Q4 Earnings (FB) | Business Insider
- Kobe Bryant Wanted To Team Up With Michael Jordan On The... | Business Insider
- Some Surprising Players Try Their Hand at Original Streaming Content | TheStreet.com
- Naomi Campbell displays superb stems in Paris Gaultier... | Business Insider
- The First Teaser Trailer For The 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is Here | Business Insider
- Greece will seek 'fair, mutually beneficial' EU... | Business Insider
- Deliveroo, The Online Food Delivery Service Just For Restaurants, Is... | Business Insider