IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jay Sekulow: Obama Should Be "Held Accountable" For The "Soft Coup" Against Trump | ZeroHedge
- The NY Times Asks "How Can We Get Rid Of Trump?" | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- Russian Ambassador To UN Vitaly Churkin Has "Died Suddenly" In New York | ZeroHedge
- Which Nation Do Americans See As Their Greatest Enemy (Spoiler Alert: It's Not Russia) | ZeroHedge
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- Goldman: Investors Will Soon Realize They Were Too Optimistic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Step inside Slack's light-drenched New York City office | Business Insider
- 'Lego Batman' and 'Fifty Shades'... | Business Insider
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- This company makes everything you need to have the perfect bar at home | Business Insider
- Trump says autism is on the rise, but experts who study autism disagree | Business Insider
- How America can take control in the South China Sea | Business Insider
- A man who flew around the world for 3 months on less than $1,000 shares his best... | Business Insider