IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "China Should Build More Nuclear Arms, ICBMs In Response To Trump": Local Press | ZeroHedge
- Bullion Banking: Part I - The Mechanics and the Players | ZeroHedge
- The Collapse Of 'Real' Media Credibility (In 3 Simple Images) | ZeroHedge
- This Is the Purge We All Knew Was Coming: "Shutting Down Extremist Content" | ZeroHedge
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- India Confiscates Gold, Even Jewelry, In Raids On Hidden Money | ZeroHedge
- Rise Of The Machines: Millions Of American Jobs Will Be Wiped Out In The Next Five Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOLDMAN SACHS CEO: 'The declared policies of Mr. Trump' are... | Business Insider
- Bond markets everywhere are getting destroyed | Business Insider
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle intentionally breaks an NBA rule in... | Business Insider
- The death of the headphone jack has been a ‘non-issue’ for iPhone 7... | Business Insider
- A secret to sustainable development might be right before our eyes... | Business Insider
- This flowchart could help you decide whether to buy or rent a home | Business Insider
- Trump called for the legalization of all drugs in 1990 —... | Business Insider