IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Russian Roulette" - Credit Suisse CEO Admits "EU Banks Not Really Investable" | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Highest Since Recession | Financial Sense
- Stunning University Of Kansas 'Safe Space' Vs. 'Free Speech' Meeting Caught On Tape | ZeroHedge
- How Constant Is Gold’s Purchasing Power? | ZeroHedge
- US Equities: Weak Fundamental Support | Financial Sense
- IRS Report Reveals How Obamacare "Spread [$11 Billion] Of Wealth Around" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: September 29 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- More people already want Apple AirPods than the Apple Watch | Business Insider
- ISIS has lost control of its last oil wells in Iraq... | Business Insider
- These are the new NYC restaurants Wall Street should check out this fall | Business Insider
- The mother and brother of the NYC bombing suspect have... | Business Insider
- A Georgetown professor says the mindset that led us all to embrace Facebook... | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about the Ryder Cup — golf’s most fun team event | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek