IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- CLiNToN FouNDaTioN 419... | ZeroHedge
- New Evidence Links Voting Machines And Clinton Foundation | ZeroHedge
- In Latest Blow To US, Malaysia Will Buy Navy Vessels From China | ZeroHedge
- Twitter Beats On Revenue And EPS, Cuts 9% Of Workforce As Part Of Business Restructuring | ZeroHedge
- Trigger-Free Trick-Or-Treat Guide To Halloween Costumes | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Declines For First Time In 4 Months | ZeroHedge
- Secretary Of State Joe Biden? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hershey beats as US demand firms (HSY) | Business Insider
- A suspect in the destruction of Donald Trump's Walk of... | Business Insider
- THE MOBILE PAYMENTS IN CHINA REPORT: What the US can learn from China's... | Business Insider
- THE CURSE-KILLER: The story of 42-year-old Chicago Cubs president Theo Epstein | Business Insider
- These factors predict how likely you are to support Donald Trump | Business Insider
- Gold Star father Khizr Khan berates Trump from mosque:... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton is reportedly considering Joe Biden as her secretary of... | Business Insider