IMAX shares poised for a breakout
In 2008 The Dark Knight grossed just over $1B. This summer, The Dark Knight Rises should shatter that record, and help IMAX's bottom line.
In fact, there are quite a few decent movies coming out in 2012 that should help IMAX's earnings out in 2012. Check out this list:
Dark Knight Rises
Skyfall (The first 007 film to come out in years)
The Bourne Legacy
World War Z
Now compare that to movies in 2011:
I am Number 4
Cowboys & Aliens
Pirates of the Caribbean
Battle of Los Angeles
Not all of these were duds, but a lot were. Just check out this list of most anticipated movies from 2011 and look how their ratings turned out. That's not to say that there won't be any duds in 2012, but I for one am much more excited about some of these upcoming releases.
Fundamentally, IMAX is looking pretty sound these days compared to recent years. The company has finally started making a profit and its paid off the bulk of its debt, while continuing expansion into international markets (such as China).
The IMAX chart is looking great, with price action in a nice rising channel. Look for a breakout to above $25 in the coming months.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Bedlam" As Wasserman Schultz Boo'd, Heckled Off Stage By DNC Delegates | ZeroHedge
- "It's Not Panicking If You're First" - China Devaluation Is Closer Than Anyone Thinks | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Fed Outlook Contracts For 19th Straight Month With Wages Crashing To Sept 2013 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Trump vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | Financial Sense
- Leaked Emails Confirm DNC Officials Planned Anti-Trump Protests | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Throw Out the Fundamentals—Negative Rates Could Push the Dow Up to 40,000 | Financial Sense
- Celebrating 45 Years Of Phony Money | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unfinished rigs are threatening oil prices | Business Insider
- Fintech firms could find surprising exit thanks to this unlikely major player (AMZN)... | Business Insider
- 3 characteristics the most persuasive speeches share | Business Insider
- China is accelerating away from the rest of the world when it comes to new car... | Business Insider
- Disney's newest princess won't have a prince — and that's really... | Business Insider
- MIT researchers have created a 3D-movie screen that doesn't... | Business Insider
- The Flash actor came to Comic-Con dressed as Gandalf from 'Lord... | Business Insider