Steel Stocks Jump Higher with Trump
President Trump signed orders for the Keystone XL Pipeline and Dakota Access Pipeline. To sweeten the deal for the United States he signed a separate action requiring that the steel used in the pipelines be made in the United States. "Going to put a lot of workers, a lot of steelworkers, back to work," he said.
That sent the American steel stocks higher and those that trade on the NYSE and NASDAQ. The compainies that are going to benefit are Nucor Energy (NUE) and United States Steel Corp (X). Shares of NUE and X are up 2% in trading today.
Both stocks have had incredible runs in the past 3 months, X is up 70% and NUE up 28%. In the last month the run has cooled down, NUE trading flat and X down 7%. However today's news that Trump is behind these companies is great news for both companies. U.S. Steel has laid off thousands of workers in the past few years but Nucor has laid of ZERO. However NUE to stay alive cut back hours and this could finally put workers back to full-time employment.
Congratulations to NUE and X shareholders, the worst could finally be behind these companies.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Main Highlights In Trump's Sweeping Tax Reform Proposal | ZeroHedge
- French Bond Investors Skeptical That Election Risk Is Over | ZeroHedge
- French Selection Ritual, Round Two: Slightly Premature Victory Laps | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Explains Our 'North Korea, South Korea, China' Policy | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil support break here, could be hard on stocks! | ZeroHedge
- China Launches First Domestically-Built Aircraft Carrier | ZeroHedge
- Russia Ready To Send Ground Troops To Syria: FARS | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Wall Street boutique is crushing it, and now it... | Business Insider
- Caitlyn Jenner defends voting for Trump: 'I'm not a one-issue... | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- Republicans have a new plan to repeal Obamacare — and it may bring... | Business Insider
- Coke is now adding fiber to drinks to try and convince people to buy soda again... | Business Insider
- Defense Intelligence Agency: Michael Flynn never told us about his Russia... | Business Insider
- It looks like the end of foreign aid as we know it is... | Business Insider