IPO of 2014 that is a Buy (SYF)
GE is breaking up GE Financial, thus today's IPO that went unnoticed Synchrony (NYSE:SYF).
General Electric (GE) is also worth a look. Any time a solid company does a spinoff the usual result is positive for both companies. Most investors know this is a classic play and most times the best way to unlock shareholder value is to create new companies. Last year the opportunity was AbbVie (ABBV) and Abbott Lab (ABT) which over the last 12 months have gained 17% and 15% respectivley.
The spinoff is part of GE's plan to shrink its financial unit GE Capital. GE has been focusing more on industrial products like jet engines, medical equipment and oil and gas drilling equipment.
The IPO "furthers our goal to position GE Capital as a smaller, safer specialty finance leader," said CEO Jeff Immelt.
Synchrony provides store credit cards for retailers, such as Wal-Mart, J.C. Penney and Amazon.com. It also operates an online bank, which it is expanding to increase deposits and use the money to fund its credit business.
Shares of Synchrony, which are trading on the NYSE under the symbol "SYF," were unchanged at $23 in afternoon trading after rising to $24 earlier.
Bottom line: Add both SYF and GE to your watch list.
SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL (SYF)
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Understanding Societal Collapse: Warnings From Venezuela's Crisis | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing PMI Collapses To 2009 Lows (As Fed Readies Rate Hike?) | ZeroHedge
- TSA Head Of Security Fired (After $90,000 Bonus) | ZeroHedge
- "Everything Is Plunging" - China Commodity Carnage Continues | ZeroHedge
- Introducing The Gotthard Train Tunnel, The World's Longest & Deepest Train Tunnel | ZeroHedge
- On Krugman’s Cherry-Picking Skills – Exhibit 1: The Clinton Boom | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Scariest Chart Out There? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Manchester United has sacked Louis van Gaal | Business Insider
- The stock market might be best off with a Clinton... | Business Insider
- A shocking 'Game of Thrones' twist has complex implications for the... | Business Insider
- 10 things every politician who endorses Donald Trump should be... | Business Insider
- 15 things you should do as soon as you get laid off | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Oklahoma lawmakers are racing to close 'a huge loophole... | Business Insider