IPO of 2014 that is a Buy (SYF)
GE is breaking up GE Financial, thus today's IPO that went unnoticed Synchrony (NYSE:SYF).
General Electric (GE) is also worth a look. Any time a solid company does a spinoff the usual result is positive for both companies. Most investors know this is a classic play and most times the best way to unlock shareholder value is to create new companies. Last year the opportunity was AbbVie (ABBV) and Abbott Lab (ABT) which over the last 12 months have gained 17% and 15% respectivley.
The spinoff is part of GE's plan to shrink its financial unit GE Capital. GE has been focusing more on industrial products like jet engines, medical equipment and oil and gas drilling equipment.
The IPO "furthers our goal to position GE Capital as a smaller, safer specialty finance leader," said CEO Jeff Immelt.
Synchrony provides store credit cards for retailers, such as Wal-Mart, J.C. Penney and Amazon.com. It also operates an online bank, which it is expanding to increase deposits and use the money to fund its credit business.
Shares of Synchrony, which are trading on the NYSE under the symbol "SYF," were unchanged at $23 in afternoon trading after rising to $24 earlier.
Bottom line: Add both SYF and GE to your watch list.
SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL (SYF)
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Get Out Traitor" - German Justice Minister Flees In Armored Mercedes After Angry Protesters Boo Him Offstage | ZeroHedge
- Dis-May-Day - Bonds Down, Dollar Down, Oil Down, Gold Down, Economy Down... Stocks Up | ZeroHedge
- "If..." | ZeroHedge
- Home Prices Rose 5.3% Year-Over-Year in February | Financial Sense
- Gold Surges To Jan 2015 Highs, Tops $1300 As Euro Hits 9-Month High | ZeroHedge
- This Data Shows The Shale Debt Crisis Is Hitting Record Levels | Financial Sense
- With A Double Digit Lead In Indiana Polls, Trump Calls The Race: "It's Over, Cruz Can Not Win" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The manufacturing industry is being revolutionized by the Internet of Things | Business Insider
- 7 toxic money habits you should quit | Business Insider
- We tried Lululemon's 'anti-ball-crushing pants' to see if... | Business Insider
- This new ‘Game of Thrones’ character was just introduced in a huge way | Business Insider
- This Microsoft legend says the the company is making bigger bets than... | Business Insider
- What everyone has been getting wrong about Goldman Sachs | Business Insider
- US senator warns of ‘spying billboards’ that turn... | Business Insider