IPO of 2014 that is a Buy (SYF)
GE is breaking up GE Financial, thus today's IPO that went unnoticed Synchrony (NYSE:SYF).
General Electric (GE) is also worth a look. Any time a solid company does a spinoff the usual result is positive for both companies. Most investors know this is a classic play and most times the best way to unlock shareholder value is to create new companies. Last year the opportunity was AbbVie (ABBV) and Abbott Lab (ABT) which over the last 12 months have gained 17% and 15% respectivley.
The spinoff is part of GE's plan to shrink its financial unit GE Capital. GE has been focusing more on industrial products like jet engines, medical equipment and oil and gas drilling equipment.
The IPO "furthers our goal to position GE Capital as a smaller, safer specialty finance leader," said CEO Jeff Immelt.
Synchrony provides store credit cards for retailers, such as Wal-Mart, J.C. Penney and Amazon.com. It also operates an online bank, which it is expanding to increase deposits and use the money to fund its credit business.
Shares of Synchrony, which are trading on the NYSE under the symbol "SYF," were unchanged at $23 in afternoon trading after rising to $24 earlier.
Bottom line: Add both SYF and GE to your watch list.
SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL (SYF)
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guess What Term Is Suddenly Surging On Pornhub | ZeroHedge
- The 2017 Outlook: Shifting Regimes | Financial Sense
- Gold Lower Before Trump Presidency – Strong Gains Akin To After Obama Inauguration? | ZeroHedge
- Beware of the Self Help Guru or Real Estate Seminar Business (Video) | ZeroHedge
- US Military Deploys Nuke-Spotting Radar To Monitor North Korea | ZeroHedge
- Is Tolerance A One-Way Street? | ZeroHedge
- The Clinton Global Initiative is shutting down | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We got our hands on the $44,000 watch that only 352 people can own | Business Insider
- There’s a handmade amusement park hidden in an Italian forest | Business Insider
- At least 4 killed, 12 wounded in gunfight at Mexico... | Business Insider
- China’s ambitious agenda is on track to make two groundbreaking... | Business Insider
- 5 hidden features to get the most out of your Xbox One | Business Insider
- A veterinarian explains why people should avoid letting a dog lick their face | Business Insider
- Travis Kelce worked as a telemarketer surveying people on Obamacare for $8 an hour... | Business Insider