Shake Shack is having a huge week
There have been no major headlines or press statements from Shake Shack Inc (SHAK) yet its shares are up 20% this week. The stock is on a major tear and it can only be a short squeeze fueling the run.
Shake Shack shares closed up 11% today and hit an all-time high of $60. After-hours they added another 25 cents.
It is unbelievable. The Shack does not have options. Volume on SHAK was double the normal at around 1.4 million shares trading hands. The company doesn't report Q1 earnings until May 4th. I expect it to continue to trade batshit crazy until that time.
According to Google Finance the Price-to-earnings ratio on Shake Shack is at 1,004. It's insane.
ShortSqueeze.com has SHAK's short interest at 34%. With zero options to trade the only explanation is that the short sellers are bulking up and going long.
On May 4th we recommending going long on SHAK in Sell in May and Go Away using these Stocks. SHAK is up 25% since then.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit Takes Fresh Toll on Sterling, While Dollar Firms | Financial Sense
- Alex Jones Acquiesces to Alefantis, Broadcasts Apology to Comet Ping Pong for Covering Pizzagate | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of Judge Gorsuch's Nomination Hearings | ZeroHedge
- US Debt of $20 Trillion Visualized In Stacks Of Physical Cash | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases "NightSkies 1.2": Proof CIA Bugs "Factory Fresh" iPhones | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 24 | ZeroHedge
- Did Artificial Intelligence Deny You Credit? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ruport Murdoch reportedly sold $125 million in Theranos stock for just $1 (NWSA) | Business Insider
- The NFL wants to speed up games and clean up the advertising — here is how | Business Insider
- This startup creates awesome offices for other startups — here's how they... | Business Insider
- Vice Digital gets into scripted video | Business Insider
- Trump's immigration crackdown is hurting US farms... | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- 30% of all Internet users will ad block by 2018 | Business Insider