The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Lower Before Trump Presidency – Strong Gains Akin To After Obama Inauguration? | ZeroHedge
- Cable Plunges To October Flash-Crash Lows After May's "Clean & Hard Brexit" Headlines | ZeroHedge
- Higher Interest Rates Good for Stocks | Financial Sense
- Goldman Is Concerned: "The S&P Has Surged 6% Since The Election But 2017 EPS Forecasts Haven't Budged" | ZeroHedge
- Harvard Is 'Billionaire-Making' University | ZeroHedge
- Why Is Obama Moving Troops Into Poland, Provoking Russia Right Before The Inauguration? | ZeroHedge
- Japan: An Inflection Point | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Bernie Madoff dominates the hot chocolate market in... | Business Insider
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's next job should be a tech investor — her... | Business Insider
- Mophie's new battery case kept my iPhone 7 Plus alive for over 30... | Business Insider
- The 10 best jobs that don't require a bachelor's degree | Business Insider
- Every can of Guinness includes this simple technology in it | Business Insider
- China's currency manipulation could become a... | Business Insider
- John Lewis' constituents are fighting back after Trump attacked him | Business Insider