The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Is the Money of Kings, Debt the Money of Slaves | Financial Sense
- Goldman Slashes EURUSD Forecast To 1.20 | ZeroHedge
- German Finance Minister Tells EU Leaders: Free Money Party's Over | ZeroHedge
- The "European Close" Trade Goes For 5 In A Row | ZeroHedge
- More Than Twice as Many Americans “Strongly Disapprove” of Obama as “Strongly Approve” | ZeroHedge
- Gold Shines Most in September on Seasonal Buys- Bloomberg Chart of Day | ZeroHedge
- A World Without Fractional Reserve Banks And Central Planning | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Denny's Is Selling A $300 Breakfast At Its First New York City Restaurant | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Splunk Earnings: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- DAVID TICE: Stocks Will Fall 30%-60% (SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, DIA) | Business Insider
- WHITE HOUSE TO PUTIN: Don't 'Even Think About Messing Around'... | Business Insider
- Ronaldo named European Player of the Year | Business Insider