The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Arabia Bails Out Banking System After Interbank Rates Hit 2009 Highs | ZeroHedge
- A Force For Good? | ZeroHedge
- The Growth of the Anti-Establishment Movement Outside the West | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices Rise Before Fed as Yen Defies Bank of Japan's Urgent New Inflation Plan | Financial Sense
- "The Donald Nailed It" Stockman Screams "We Are In A Big Fat Ugly Bubble" | ZeroHedge
- Elon Musk Reveals The Spaceship For Colonizing Mars - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Japan: Government Re-Evaluates Its Economic Calculations | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What the author of 'Eat Fat, Get Thin' eats — and avoids — every day | Business Insider
- Miami is overloaded with condos, and things are only going to get worse | Business Insider
- Monetary policy isn't working, and central... | Business Insider
- THE SMARTWATCH REPORT: Forecasts, adoption trends,... | Business Insider
- Here's some new data about which Netflix originals do best among younger and... | Business Insider
- Science-backed judgements people make based on the shape of your face... | Business Insider
- Here's what to do with your hands during a job interview | Business Insider