The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3 Things - High Yield Warning, Yellen's Employment & Economy | ZeroHedge
- Are Conditions Setting the Market Up for a Summer Washout? | Financial Sense
- OMAB 4Q Results Were Strong | iBankCoin.com
- Oil Price Collapse: Supply or Demand? | Financial Sense
- Energy Markets: Significant Volatility and Deleveraging May Lie Ahead | Financial Sense
- Stocks Resume Rise To New Records As US Prepares For First Annual Deflation Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Futures Fractionally Red Ahead Of Pre-Weekend "Nasdaq 5000" Push | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A brand ambassador for the 'world's... | Business Insider
- For one week, employees at this cyber security company get to play the bad guys (SYMC) | Business Insider
- BREMMER: The outlook for US-Russia... | Business Insider
- Bye bye, bank tellers: Why digital banking is the future | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Hong Kong woman jailed for six years for maid abuse | Business Insider
- Google has taken a massive U-turn over banning porn on Blogger (GOOG) | Business Insider