The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Zappos CEO Pushes "100% Weird" Boss-less Model After Employee Exodus | ZeroHedge
- And The Market Breaks (As VIX Hits 2015 Lows) | ZeroHedge
- Smart Money Entering Precious Metals as Russia Buys Another 300,000 Ounces | ZeroHedge
- Spot The 'Fundamental' Difference | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Rendering Of Obama's Iraq Strategy | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing PMI Tumbles To Lowest In 16 Months As New Orders Tumbled | ZeroHedge
- The US Department Of Commerce Officially Jumps The Shark, Will "Double Seasonally Adjust" GDP Data | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the 22-year-old blogger who gets paid up to $15,000... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- BlackBerry cuts more jobs as it changes its focus from phones (BBRY) | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- GM could be held criminally... | Business Insider
- Qatar's pearl divers seek tradition and riches | Business Insider
- The Lexus RC F has a lot going for it, but there was one thing that really bugged me | Business Insider