Richard Please Save the Dow
If only we could hire Richard Harrow (from HBO's Boardwalk Empire) to execute the idiots responsible for plunging our stocks since last week. In the past four trading sessions the Down Jones has erased 225 points. The S&P has fallen 2.23% since last Friday and its all thanks to negative EU headlines. Volatility has made a triumphant return.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) jumped 3.4% and since Tuesday its up more than 11%. Finally the VXX is off its everyday decline and closed today at $9.57 a share. Today the poison flavor was Spain, fear of a Spailout (so elegantly coined by CNBC) brought stocks down a for a 4th consecutive session. Mind you its been headlines and reactions to 'market experts' that the EU can't get their shit together that has dropped stocks like a Richard's moral after Jimmy was whacked. Profit taking along with negative EU media stories has sunk U.S. equities since last week. Could it be all the high frequency trading that has introduced volatility back into the market? The world will never know.
What we do know is that fear has proved time and time again to rule the market. Fear made its way to the dinner table again and with a looming "Fiscal Cliff" is made our thesis Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner) ring true.
Sorry Masters but the Hip Hop Pool Party for Equities has been brought to a sudden stop. Party's over, everyone out of the pool. The headlines and EU buzz could flip the bullish switch tomorrow then its back to the rally. We wouldn't be surprised to witness that occur given the haircut in stocks we've experienced this week.
That's why we want Richard to come to the rescue and make it all right. The world needs more courageous and righteous people like Richard Harrow. Too bad he's just a fictional character.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Worry? The Two Scariest Charts In The World | ZeroHedge
- Why Scotland Has All The Leverage, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- The Last Straw? Venezuela Runs Out Of Fake Breasts | ZeroHedge
- Some Of You Get Away With A Lot | iBankCoin.com
- Global Fragmentation: Crying Wolf Again? | ZeroHedge
- Is Risk-On About To Switch To Risk-Off? | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Three Fed Cycles and Stocks and Bonds | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bruce critical of 'disrespectful' Newcastle talk | Business Insider
- Fed-Watchers Are Obsessing Over The Phrase 'Considerable Time' (DIA, SPY, QQQ,... | Business Insider
- Intel Is Helping Designers Build Smarter Devices With Better Hardware And... | Business Insider
- Emerging Payment Technologies Will Create New Winners And Losers In The Massive... | Business Insider
- Adrian Peterson: 'I Am, Without A Doubt, Not A Child Abuser' | Business Insider
- After Just Two Years, Salesforce.com's Marc Benioff Is Already Leaving Cisco... | Business Insider
- One Of The Most Important Investors In The World Is Entirely Done With Hedge Funds | Business Insider