Richard Please Save the Dow
If only we could hire Richard Harrow (from HBO's Boardwalk Empire) to execute the idiots responsible for plunging our stocks since last week. In the past four trading sessions the Down Jones has erased 225 points. The S&P has fallen 2.23% since last Friday and its all thanks to negative EU headlines. Volatility has made a triumphant return.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) jumped 3.4% and since Tuesday its up more than 11%. Finally the VXX is off its everyday decline and closed today at $9.57 a share. Today the poison flavor was Spain, fear of a Spailout (so elegantly coined by CNBC) brought stocks down a for a 4th consecutive session. Mind you its been headlines and reactions to 'market experts' that the EU can't get their shit together that has dropped stocks like a Richard's moral after Jimmy was whacked. Profit taking along with negative EU media stories has sunk U.S. equities since last week. Could it be all the high frequency trading that has introduced volatility back into the market? The world will never know.
What we do know is that fear has proved time and time again to rule the market. Fear made its way to the dinner table again and with a looming "Fiscal Cliff" is made our thesis Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner) ring true.
Sorry Masters but the Hip Hop Pool Party for Equities has been brought to a sudden stop. Party's over, everyone out of the pool. The headlines and EU buzz could flip the bullish switch tomorrow then its back to the rally. We wouldn't be surprised to witness that occur given the haircut in stocks we've experienced this week.
That's why we want Richard to come to the rescue and make it all right. The world needs more courageous and righteous people like Richard Harrow. Too bad he's just a fictional character.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Does the U.S. Have the Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World? | Financial Sense
- Enlightened Self Interest and Financial Industry Hypocrisy - Chapter Two of Three | ZeroHedge
- Potential for "Very High" Natural Gas Spikes This Year, Says Energy Analyst | Financial Sense
- Dow Soars 350 Points In 27 Hours | ZeroHedge
- Snowden Calls Into Putin Telethon To Discuss Legality Of Mass Surveillance | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- High and Tight Oorah Gas | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Passengers Sent Heartbreaking Text Messages To Loved Ones While Trapped Inside Sunken... | Business Insider
- How To Know If Someone Is Lying To You | Business Insider
- Trading Radar for 04/11:... | StreetInsider.com
- Yasiel Puig Turned 2 Boneheaded Plays Into An Amazing Throw And Catch | Business Insider
- Dating App Zoosk Files For A $100 Million IPO, And It Has Some Impressive Revenues | Business Insider
- It's All Smiles For Biden And Obama In Latest Presidential Selfie | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank Is Reportedly Trying To Sell A Las Vegas Casino It Owns For More Than $2... | Business Insider