Richard Please Save the Dow
If only we could hire Richard Harrow (from HBO's Boardwalk Empire) to execute the idiots responsible for plunging our stocks since last week. In the past four trading sessions the Down Jones has erased 225 points. The S&P has fallen 2.23% since last Friday and its all thanks to negative EU headlines. Volatility has made a triumphant return.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) jumped 3.4% and since Tuesday its up more than 11%. Finally the VXX is off its everyday decline and closed today at $9.57 a share. Today the poison flavor was Spain, fear of a Spailout (so elegantly coined by CNBC) brought stocks down a for a 4th consecutive session. Mind you its been headlines and reactions to 'market experts' that the EU can't get their shit together that has dropped stocks like a Richard's moral after Jimmy was whacked. Profit taking along with negative EU media stories has sunk U.S. equities since last week. Could it be all the high frequency trading that has introduced volatility back into the market? The world will never know.
What we do know is that fear has proved time and time again to rule the market. Fear made its way to the dinner table again and with a looming "Fiscal Cliff" is made our thesis Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner) ring true.
Sorry Masters but the Hip Hop Pool Party for Equities has been brought to a sudden stop. Party's over, everyone out of the pool. The headlines and EU buzz could flip the bullish switch tomorrow then its back to the rally. We wouldn't be surprised to witness that occur given the haircut in stocks we've experienced this week.
That's why we want Richard to come to the rescue and make it all right. The world needs more courageous and righteous people like Richard Harrow. Too bad he's just a fictional character.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Argentine President "Convinced" Nisman Death Was Not Suicide As New Twists Emerge | ZeroHedge
- "I'm So Ashamed" - Meet The Drone Operator Who Helped Kill 1,626 People And Walked Away | ZeroHedge
- Get Ready For Negative Interest Rates In The US | ZeroHedge
- ECB Sets Up Biggest Contrarian Play of 2015 | Financial Sense
- Q4 Earnings Shaping Up Weakly | Financial Sense
- Friday Humor: Hitler Realizes He Was Short Swiss Francs | ZeroHedge
- The Lunatics Are Running the Asylum: Draghi’s Money Printing Bazooka | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists Have Figured Out Why Rain Has A Smell | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- US spies link Litvinenko killing to Kremlin | Business Insider
- Minnows Cambridge hold Man United in FA Cup | Business Insider
- Greece braces for 'turning point' election | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek