Richard Please Save the Dow
If only we could hire Richard Harrow (from HBO's Boardwalk Empire) to execute the idiots responsible for plunging our stocks since last week. In the past four trading sessions the Down Jones has erased 225 points. The S&P has fallen 2.23% since last Friday and its all thanks to negative EU headlines. Volatility has made a triumphant return.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) jumped 3.4% and since Tuesday its up more than 11%. Finally the VXX is off its everyday decline and closed today at $9.57 a share. Today the poison flavor was Spain, fear of a Spailout (so elegantly coined by CNBC) brought stocks down a for a 4th consecutive session. Mind you its been headlines and reactions to 'market experts' that the EU can't get their shit together that has dropped stocks like a Richard's moral after Jimmy was whacked. Profit taking along with negative EU media stories has sunk U.S. equities since last week. Could it be all the high frequency trading that has introduced volatility back into the market? The world will never know.
What we do know is that fear has proved time and time again to rule the market. Fear made its way to the dinner table again and with a looming "Fiscal Cliff" is made our thesis Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner) ring true.
Sorry Masters but the Hip Hop Pool Party for Equities has been brought to a sudden stop. Party's over, everyone out of the pool. The headlines and EU buzz could flip the bullish switch tomorrow then its back to the rally. We wouldn't be surprised to witness that occur given the haircut in stocks we've experienced this week.
That's why we want Richard to come to the rescue and make it all right. The world needs more courageous and righteous people like Richard Harrow. Too bad he's just a fictional character.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fukushima Wasteland: "Terrifying" Drone Footage Of Japan's Abandoned Nuclear Exclusion Zone | ZeroHedge
- Rock Bottom | Financial Sense
- These Are The 50 "Most Hated" NYSE And Nasdaq Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Protests Erupt In Turkey As Government Accused Of False Flag In Weekend Suicide Blast | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Jump, Rebound From Overnight Asian Dump | ZeroHedge
- A Look at Long-Term Trends in Employment by Age Group | Financial Sense
- What Happens to our Economy as Millions of People Lose the Habits of Hard Work? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lukashenko wins 83.49% of Belarus vote: election chief | Business Insider
- Odell Beckham Jr. acts a little like Terrell Owens | Business Insider
- Brother of US journo held in Iran condemns 'cruel... | Business Insider
- Police offer marijuana grower counseling in Facebook post... | Business Insider
- AB InBev, SABMiller OK in principle to set up beer merger... | Business Insider
- Fiat Chrysler launches Ferrari IPO | Business Insider
- The UK government is giving video game startups £4 million to help them build... | Business Insider