Dividend Stock with a 6% Annual Yield (POT)
Once the rage Potash was so sexy and everyone was willing to pay up for it on the global food growth story. Those days have passed and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (USA) (NYSE:POT) finds it's shares under $18. POT shares haven't stopped falling in a few years and that makes the stock a 5.7% annual dividend yield.
Potash prices and demand is weak. The chart for POT tells the story. It's a sad one where it appears the growth days are over for Potash Corp. (POT). However this depressing tale won't last forever and Mastery wants to be there when the comeback begins.
The bottom for Potash Corp looks like it occurred last month and since that time it's managed to slowly climb back. If you decided to invest in POT you are guessing the potash/fertilizer market has reached it's low. Thanks to the declining share price of POT you bank a near 6% annual dividend yield while you wait. The big question is how low can China push potash prices and when will potash prices finally stop falling?
Last month Mosaic said they expect to sell potash for $200-230 a tonne over the first three months of 2016. Thus it's going lower people.
Potash has been a shorts dream, in the last year the stock has tanked 36%. The short interest makes up less than 3% of the float. The same traders who cashed in on the demise will bank coin as the stock ticks higher. Mastery likes this stock as an IRA play. Buy today and check back in a few weeks/months later as the world market improves for potash. A quick look at potash prices displays why POT stock has fallen:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GM Pickup Incentives Surge Over 80% As Auto Bubble Continues To Show Signs Of An Imminent Bust | ZeroHedge
- Energy, Money, And The Destruction Of Equilibrium | ZeroHedge
- Trump Speech Post-Mortem - From Rebellion To Pouting Pelosi: "We Bleed The Same Blood" | ZeroHedge
- US Tax Reform in Jeopardy and the State of Strong Dollar Policy | Financial Sense
- Wal-Mart Is Quietly Cutting Prices, Squeezing Vendors In Deflationary Supply-Chain Shock | ZeroHedge
- Trump’s Speech, Europe Elections, and Political Soapbox Opera | Financial Sense
- Global Stocks, US Futures Surge, Bonds Tumble On "Presidential" Trump Speech, Hawkish Fed Speakers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This hair dye actually changes color based on the temperature | Business Insider
- Why Hollywood finally forgave Mel Gibson at the 2017 Oscars | Business Insider
- 'Your wife will be widowed': Rodrigo Duterte sends... | Business Insider
- Personal spending misses, personal income beats | Business Insider
- The TV ratings for the Oscars were the lowest in 9 years | Business Insider
- The world's biggest drugmaker just pulled back the curtain on drug... | Business Insider
- A bizarre Instagram fad is responsible for Elmer’s glue shortages across the US (NWL) | Business Insider