Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Much of Asia Is Thankful for the Upcoming iPhone Release | Financial Sense
- "It's Serious Business" - Trump VP Pence Confirms Bill Clinton's Ex-Girlfriend "Will Not Be At Debate" | ZeroHedge
- A Sunni Muslim Asks: Is "Radical Islam" The Problem Or Is "Islam" The Problem? | ZeroHedge
- "Hell To Pay" - The Final Condition For A Market Crash Is Falling Into Place | ZeroHedge
- Pension Shortfalls Could Be 4X to 7X Greater Than Reported | Financial Sense
- "Don't Rush To Judgment!!" | ZeroHedge
- Chicago's Plight: Why Do Blacks Perpetually Vote For Politicians Who Make Their Lives Worse? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This theory explains how there could be different dimensions of... | Business Insider
- Here's what Americans really think of election coverage | Business Insider
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- Libya did the unthinkable | Business Insider
- HILLARY CLINTON: There's no place for Wells Fargo's '... | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- Monsanto may have just ended the war on GMOs | Business Insider