Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Charts Showing Why Gold Stocks Have Never Been This Cheap! - 1 Year Later | ZeroHedge
- Tony Robbins Asks Everyone To "Storm Across A Bed Of Hot Coals" - Dozens Get Injured | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's 3rd Mandate & The Value Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- What is a man to wear for this apocalypse? | ZeroHedge
- Brexit: Why The Wrong Question Is Being Asked | ZeroHedge
- The One Skill I Kept Practicing To Save My Life | Altucher Confidential
- Venezuela and the Disaster of De-Industrialization | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One of Asia’s most abusive armies now deploys armed drones | Business Insider
- Barack Obama joked about wanting Cavs star JR Smith to stop celebrating without a... | Business Insider
- The 6 coolest innovations in BMW's futuristic concept car | Business Insider
- A startup is like a trampoline, says this founder who was once the No. 2... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Publicis CEO Maurice Lévy on Brexit: I was stunned to the point that it felt 'as... | Business Insider
- HAASS: Brexit is a 'warning' for Hillary Clinton | Business Insider