Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman "Picks Apart" The Labor Paradigm: 50 Years Of A Productivity Paradox | ZeroHedge
- How I Used The Force To Save My Business | Altucher Confidential
- Ep 134: Naveen Jain – The Billionaire Who Wants to Go To the Moon | Altucher Confidential
- Day After Deutsche Bank Admits Not All Is Well, Swiss Giant Credit Suisse Also Admits It Needs More Cash | ZeroHedge
- #BrokenRecord-onomics... | ZeroHedge
- The Stock Market Rally... To Nowhere | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Declares Spending Moratorium As Oil Rout Bankrupts Kingdom | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Belgian government faces big protests over austerity | Business Insider
- The Fed thinks stocks are expensive (SPX, SPY, DJI, IXIC, TLT, TLO, USD) | Business Insider
- The Latest: Police: French train hero stabbed after fight | Business Insider
- A ping pong robot and a mirror that 'doesn... | Business Insider
- McHugh pitches Astros to 5-2 win over Royals to open ALDS... | Business Insider
- Iran lobbied for Russian campaign in Syria , officials say... | Business Insider
- Rangers' Beltre leaves playoff game with apparent... | Business Insider