Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is The Blockchain About To Disrupt This $7 Trillion Industry? | ZeroHedge
- Don't Show President Trump This Chart | ZeroHedge
- "It's Just Crazy" (Again): 2-Bedroom LA House Sells 40% Above Asking | ZeroHedge
- The US Dollar and Stock Market Could Spike Higher Under Trump’s Tax Plan | Financial Sense
- Here’s what I thought the most important thing in life was… | Altucher Confidential
- Space Mining: The Final Frontier For Oil Countries | ZeroHedge
- The "Taxation Is Theft" Meme Has Officially Gone Mainstream | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE REVERSE... | Business Insider
- Hedge fund manager David Einhorn is settling in for a 'tough fight... | Business Insider
- The Murdochs are said to be looking for a woman to run... | Business Insider
- The EPA's website is undergoing a makeover to match Trump and Pruitt's views | Business Insider
- Trump's wealthy cabinet is driving up luxury-home prices in DC | Business Insider
- The 5 best states to live in if you're paying off student debt | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street today | Business Insider