Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- AK-47 Sales Soar After US Sanctions Kalashnikov Imports | ZeroHedge
- Market Manipulation Probe Escalates; UK Opens Criminal Investigation Into FX Rigging | ZeroHedge
- RJ Reynolds Fined $23.6 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Desperate To Put Ukraine In Rearview Mirror But More Russian Sanctions Loom | ZeroHedge
- Phantom Liquidity and Perfect Pilfering | Financial Sense
- Biggest Dutch Daily Calls For NATO Intervention To Protect MH17; Feinstein Tells Putin To "Man Up And Confess" | ZeroHedge
- Citi: "Asset Markets Are Ill-Prepared For Any Risk-Negative Shock" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chipotle Beats On Earnings And The Stock Is Surging (CMG) | Business Insider
- Murdoch Not Likely To Raise Time Warner Bid Immediately, Source Says | Business Insider
- Ousted RadiumOne CEO Gurbaksh Chahal Agrees Not To... | Business Insider
- The Israeli Army Is Suffering Some Of Its Most Severe Losses In Years | Business Insider
- Beyoncé Teases The 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' Movie Trailer | Business Insider
- Top Clinton Aide Warned That Ruth Bader Ginsburg... | Business Insider
- 23 Shocking Stories of Sexual Harassment At Work, As Told Through The Anonymous App... | Business Insider