Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Website Raising Money To Fund Assassinations Of Trump, Pence Uncovered On "Dark Web" | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley Set To Slash 2017 Broker Bonuses With 10% Increase In "Pay Grid" Thresholds | ZeroHedge
- Hope and Caution | Financial Sense
- Is The Gold Correction Over? "We're Going To Come Out Of This In A Big Way" | ZeroHedge
- The Recount Continues... | ZeroHedge
- Internet Censorship in US and Europe Is Coordinated | ZeroHedge
- The Deepening Of The Deep State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Seth Meyers: Why Trump's foreign policy is already dangerous | Business Insider
- European police to 'look again' at worst migrant... | Business Insider
- A former investment banker who earns just as much traveling the world shares... | Business Insider
- The 25 best tech companies to work for in 2016, according to employees | Business Insider
- Congress is expected to pass a massive bill... | Business Insider
- The manufacturer that Trump convinced to keep 1,000 jobs in the US is raising... | Business Insider
- The most Instagrammed cities in the world | Business Insider