Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Want To Boost Market Liquidity? Just Let It Rain... No Really | ZeroHedge
- Yuan Downside Breakout Is On And What It Means (Spoiler Alert: Nothing Good) | ZeroHedge
- Too Many Tired Bulls | Financial Sense
- BullionStar attends LBMA Conference in Singapore, October 2016 | ZeroHedge
- TRUMP exposes the Establishment, politics a metaphor for FX | ZeroHedge
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
- Venezuela Braces For Revolution After Maduro Blocks Recall Referendum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The White House burned a Philippine official... | Business Insider
- ACCUWEATHER: Americans should prepare for a cold, stormy, snowy winter | Business Insider
- These are the 10 best everyday exercises for burning calories | Business Insider
- 11 Easter eggs hidden in the official 'Westworld' website | Business Insider
- Bumping your 'funny bone' is extremely painful - here's why | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Just because we haven’t found aliens doesn’t mean they haven’t found us | Business Insider