Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Time To Get Real About China | ZeroHedge
- The Future Is Served: Meet Moley the Robot Master Chef | Financial Sense
- Should The Clinton 2016 Campaign Change Its Logo? | ZeroHedge
- In Unprecedented Move, California Farmers With Guaranteed Rights Cut Water Use By 25% | ZeroHedge
- Is Greece Still A Country If Someone Else Owns Its Assets? | ZeroHedge
- Traders Are Buying Gold & Silver At Fastest Pace In Over A Decade | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: The Case For Truly 'Free' Trade | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Conservative newcomer Duda wins Polish presidential... | Business Insider
- An SEC lockdown almost killed this startup right after it launched - now it's worth... | Business Insider
- Negotiations on TPP in 'end-game', says US... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Here's how George W. Bush handled the big question that... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk is terrified that Google CEO Larry Page will... | Business Insider