Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Making The Same Mistakes Again (Remember The 'Lord Clive') | ZeroHedge
- Tax Strike? IRS Has Received 13% Fewer Returns This Year | ZeroHedge
- Nervous Retailers Launch Ad Slamming Border Adjustment Tax | ZeroHedge
- The Misplaced Animosity Towards Imports | Financial Sense
- The Greek "Bank Jog" Is Back: Bank Deposits Tumble To Lowest Since 2001 | ZeroHedge
- This Chart Signals China's Housing Bubble May Burst Soon | ZeroHedge
- FRESH: DNA Tests Reveal Subway's Chicken Sandwiches Are Just Half Chicken | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is what you should do if you get a job in an industry you know nothing about... | Business Insider
- The BMW Tupac was murdered in is selling for $1.5 million | Business Insider
- Sean Spicer on Russia: 'How many people have to say there's nothing there... | Business Insider
- Uber's SVP of engineering steps down over sexual-harassment... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- The US stock market is on the verge of making history | Business Insider