Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Greed & Fear Are Great Teachers" Black Swan Author Tells Graduates "Always Have Skin In The Game" | ZeroHedge
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- Explaining Bernie-Conomics Using Two Beers | ZeroHedge
- End of Debt Supercycle Means Low Rates for Years to Come | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices Should Rise Above $1,900/oz -“Get In Now!” | ZeroHedge
- Hillary's New Avengers | ZeroHedge
- Should Britain Leave the EU? Two Analysts Debate | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Understanding these emojis will turn you into a Snapchat pro | Business Insider
- Elizabeth Warren slams 'small, insecure' Donald Trump in most fiery takedown yet... | Business Insider
- There will be 34 billion IoT devices installed on Earth... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (spy, spx, qqq, dia, orcl, goog, vrx) | Business Insider
- The top 5 digital trends for 2016 | Business Insider
- Saudi Arabia is 'backing away from OPEC' | Business Insider
- OBAMA: Trump’s proposals are aimed at getting 'tweets and headlines... | Business Insider