Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- July Jangles Markets' Nerves: Treasury Yields Tumble, Stocks Fumble, & Commodities Crumble | ZeroHedge
- US Economy Sees Substantial Increase After Weak QI, Though Still Below Average | Financial Sense
- Goldman Warns "The Global Economy Is Going Round In (Smaller & Smaller) Circles" | ZeroHedge
- Crude Tumbles Near $46 Handle As US Oil Rig Count Rises For 2nd Week | ZeroHedge
- Don't Exaggerate Significance of SNB's Loss | ZeroHedge
- Yield Curve Flashing Yellow | Financial Sense
- "Asia Crisis, Tech Bubble Burst, Lehman"... And Today | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A man in Texas tried to shoot an armadillo, but the... | Business Insider
- The e-cig frenzy is over (PM, LO, RAI) | Business Insider
- Billionaire Michael Jordan is astonishingly competitive | Business Insider
- These 13 daily habits will seriously improve your life — and they each only take 5... | Business Insider
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics | Business Insider
- Millennials are the best educated — and worst paid —... | Business Insider
- Thousands battle California wildfires | Business Insider