Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New York Department Of Health Issues Statement On Suspected Ebola Case | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Supercomputers, Corrections, and Converging Cycles | Financial Sense
- US Manufacturing PMI Tumbles, Biggest Miss In 14 Months | ZeroHedge
- "Why I Will Not Submit To Medical Martial Law" | ZeroHedge
- Ebola Fears Take Shine Off Panic-Buying Surge In Stocks | ZeroHedge
- It’s a green back for a reason!! | ZeroHedge
- Why Gold Is Undervalued | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An Antarctic Explorer's Notebook Is Discovered After A... | Business Insider
- Apple Will Find Jobs For Employees At Its Bankrupt Supplier (... | Business Insider
- Why The Kansas City Royals Are Now Long-Shots To Win The World... | Business Insider
- Royals rip Giants, pull even in baseball World Series | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Jim Cramer's Blue Chip Fantasy Football Picks for Week 8 | TheStreet.com
- Dwyane Wade Played Basketball With A 90-Year-... | Business Insider