Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PLUG Unplugged | ZeroHedge
- Take That Putin: US To Release 5 Million Barrels From Strategic Petroleum Reserve In "Test" | ZeroHedge
- Russia Warns US Against "Illegal" Ukraine Bailout; Ukraine Commences Live-Fire "Drill" With Tanks | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 12 | ZeroHedge
- Meet The 2 Iranians At The Center Of The "Stolen Passport" Plot | ZeroHedge
- Trip Down Memory Lane: The Full Ukraine Crisis Timeline | ZeroHedge
- The Holy Grail Of Trading Has Been Found: HFT Firm Reveals 1 Losing Trading Day In 1238 Days Of Trading | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The Fast Food Breakfast Wars Explained In One Chart | Business Insider
- Salesforce Just Disclosed A Really Odd Thing: It Doesn't Really Know Where Its... | Business Insider
- The Creator Of Flappy Bird Is Working On Three New Games And Might Even Bring Back... | Business Insider
- 'Gotham' TV Series Details And Logo Revealed | Business Insider
- PIMCO Trustee Blasts Bill Gross' $200 Million Salary That Could Be Used To... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Opportunity Knocks | TheStreet.com