Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Weak Earnings Signaling Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- Meet Landlord Loans: You Too Can Be A Real Estate Speculator | ZeroHedge
- Crude Plunges On Biggest Weekly Inventory Build In 14 Years | ZeroHedge
- The Water Wars Are Coming | ZeroHedge
- SaVinG PRiVaTe EmaiLS | ZeroHedge
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- Does the Fed Have a Currency Problem? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The internet has mixed feelings about... | Business Insider
- Edward Snowden 'ready to return to States' | Business Insider
- Uber just bought a mapping startup | Business Insider
- Selfie sticks are now banned at the Smithsonian | Business Insider
- Some of the biggest theater chains are refusing to show Netflix's... | Business Insider
- A photographer set out to meet 100 Russians at every age, and... | Business Insider
- Incredible pictures of the Villarrica volcano erupting in Chile | Business Insider