Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- We're Sorry! - DNC Apologizes To Bernie For "Inexcusable Remarks" | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile At The DNC In Philly... | ZeroHedge
- Trump Surges In Latest CNN Poll, Takes 3 Point Lead Over Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Warns "Armageddon Approaches" After German Leak | ZeroHedge
- Wasserman Schultz: "I Am Not Going To Gavel In The Convention" | ZeroHedge
- "Credible Evidence" Shows Turkish Authorities Raped And Tortured Detainees Since 'Failed' Coup | ZeroHedge
- US Futures Unchanged As Europe Stocks Rise; Strong Dollar Pressures Oil | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is one of the most important things every student should take back to school | Business Insider
- There's a real estate 'meltdown' happening in Houston... | Business Insider
- Yahoo is the latest piece of Verizon's $10 billion plan to challenge Facebook and... | Business Insider
- The most unusual events that send people to the emergency room... | Business Insider
- Here's how Big Oil taught Big Tobacco to bend science | Business Insider
- THE DIGITAL REMITTANCE REPORT: The new platforms... | Business Insider
- Teachers in Venezuela asked students to draw their most recent... | Business Insider