Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Why Is The US Hanging Turkey Out To Dry? | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Arrests Journalists Who Exposed Erdogan's Weapons Smuggling To Extremist Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- Out Of Gas: Gazprom Cuts Off Ukraine, Will Turkey Be Next? | ZeroHedge
- US Real Estate: The Lay of the Land | Financial Sense
- What Does History Say About the First Rate Hike and Stocks? | Financial Sense
- Will Low Oil Prices Increase Internal Instability In Conflict Countries? | ZeroHedge
- Charting The Full Impact Of Europe's Plunging Currency On U.S. Corporate Revenues | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Germany pledges to stand with France in fight against IS... | Business Insider
- The best Black Friday tech deals | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to sit down for a family meal in Cuba | Business Insider
- Labour's shadow chancellor is going to spend all day... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Thousands rally for climate action ahead of UN summit | Business Insider
- Walmart customers furious after website delays on... | Business Insider