Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Neutralized into the Bell | iBankCoin.com
- Will Our Private Savings Be Sacrificed To Pay Down The Public Debt? | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Heavier to Start Week | Financial Sense
- E-Mini Liquidity Has Crashed 40% In The Past Quarter, JPMorgan Finds | ZeroHedge
- Universities Feel the Gales of Creative Destruction | Financial Sense
- Equity Futures Open Higher, Retrace 50% Of Losses On USDJPY Kneejerk | ZeroHedge
- On The Origin Of Crashes & Clustering Of Large Losses | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- TED CRUZ: New Ebola Czar Is 'Another White House Political Operative' | Business Insider
- POLL: Key Voters Say US 'Out Of Control Right Now' | Business Insider
- This Chinese All-Glass Dining Room Dangles 60 Feet In The Air Suspended By A... | Business Insider
- Japan industry minister resigns over make-up... | Business Insider