Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Quarter That Will Go Down In Infamy | iBankCoin.com
- Government Corruption Has Become Rampant | ZeroHedge
- Money Printing Deja Vu - German Inflation Is Surging (Again) | ZeroHedge
- How The Fed Has Failed The Nation (In One Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Yields Are Tumbling Post-ADP | ZeroHedge
- How Money Creation Threatens Hyperinflation | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Fails To Bounce Back, Hovers Near 6-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Something scary happened in the stock market, and what one analyst said... | Business Insider
- These 16 startups are worth $22 billion: Here are the deals that made them so valuable... | Business Insider
- The 5 basic Excel shortcuts everyone needs to know | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Why Google killed a secret project to improve battery life by... | Business Insider
- Iraq forces retake government HQ in Tikrit from IS | Business Insider
- Here's all the jokes you didn't get to hear at the Justin Bieber roast | Business Insider