Boehner to talk at Noon: Fiscal Cliff Update
Hold your breath until 12 PM today. That's when we get word from House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) on the status of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope its good news and the market reacts as such. However if it was a solid deal wouldn't President Obama be addressing the public? Maybe he wants to let Boehner enjoy the spotlight? Our questions will be answered soon and our equities depend on it.
Fellow Masters, around noon today we finally get to hear what the hell is going on with the status of tax and spending talks with President Barack Obama. For several weeks, the White House and Republican leaders have sparred over how to deal with expiring tax breaks and mandatory spending cuts set to begin in January.
Watch/read/listen to the coverage live on every channel and Internet news site. Mastery is holding our breath until then.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Corporate Buybacks at Record Levels | Financial Sense
- High Frequency Robber Barrons | ZeroHedge
- China Blasts Obama's "Paranoid, Narrow-Minded, Arrogant, & Hypocritical" Foreign Policy | ZeroHedge
- The Only Notable Thing About Today's Beige Book Release... | ZeroHedge
- This is Going to Push the US into Recession and Crush Stocks | ZeroHedge
- ECB Will Cut Rates To Minus 3%: JP Morgan | ZeroHedge
- How Much Crude Oil Do You Consume on a Daily Basis? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- Google’s about to start putting ads in its app store — here’s what... | Business Insider
- ‘Toy Story 4’ will not be a sequel to the third film | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 3/5: (ABBV)/(... | StreetInsider.com
- Billionaire Mike Ashley gave MPs a very vague... | Business Insider
- Cavani seals PSG spot in French Cup semis | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek