Boehner to talk at Noon: Fiscal Cliff Update
Hold your breath until 12 PM today. That's when we get word from House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) on the status of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope its good news and the market reacts as such. However if it was a solid deal wouldn't President Obama be addressing the public? Maybe he wants to let Boehner enjoy the spotlight? Our questions will be answered soon and our equities depend on it.
Fellow Masters, around noon today we finally get to hear what the hell is going on with the status of tax and spending talks with President Barack Obama. For several weeks, the White House and Republican leaders have sparred over how to deal with expiring tax breaks and mandatory spending cuts set to begin in January.
Watch/read/listen to the coverage live on every channel and Internet news site. Mastery is holding our breath until then.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Talkin’ and Yellen: Understanding the Fed | Financial Sense
- MeeT YaWuNiK KooTeNaYi... | ZeroHedge
- Proof Positive That the "Recovery" is a Lie and the Fed Is Only Interested in the TBTFs | ZeroHedge
- Why We Feel So Poor (In Two Charts) | ZeroHedge
- Europe Pulls Rug From Under Greece, Says "Nein" To "Vague, Piecemeal" Proposals | ZeroHedge
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
- Saudi Arabia and Iran Compete in Yemen | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The oil rig count is not important — yet (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Meet the 'pocket army' funded by... | Business Insider
- Science-backed methods to make a long distance relationship work | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Early morning dance parties take off in US | Business Insider
- 2 bodies have been found in the rubble of the East... | Business Insider
- The Final Four is set — and Kentucky is the overwhelming favorite to win it all | Business Insider