Forget $4, try $3 for Nokia
Got three dollars and some change, then you have enough to buy a single share in Nokia (NOK).
Just last week we talked up Nokia now a $4 Stock, turns out it can get much cheaper. After pissing of the Street today Nokia dropped hit a new 52-week low of $3.79. NOK closed at $3.82 and as feared it continues to be a falling knife investment. At some point this stock has to bounce however we are unsure where that might be, dare we say $3.50? We stated Nokia could be the Comeback Kid of 2012 -- stress on the "could".
Today's bad news from Nokia was Apple's (AAPL) iPhone is killing them as their total handset shipments fell by 24% from the same period last year. Nokia sold more than 2 million units of its Lumia smartphone during the quarter, its first line based on the Windows Phone mobile operating system from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). Not bad right?
Sorry Nokia, Apple is expected to report unit sales of more than 30 million for the iPhone for the same period when it reports its results next week.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: March 3 | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 2 | ZeroHedge
- Crude Carnage Continues Amid Saudi Production & Storage Limits | ZeroHedge
- Changing Trends: Stocks, Bonds, Gold, the U.S. Dollar, and Oil | Financial Sense
- Push Back: Impacts of a Rising Dollar on Corporate Earnings | Financial Sense
- Artist's Impression Of Obama's Middle East Policy | ZeroHedge
- Lowest Interest Rates Ever | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- This is what Kanye West said during his bizarre lecture... | Business Insider
- Nadal grabs slice of history with Argentina win | Business Insider
- Ice age emperor penguins hit hard by the cold : study | Business Insider
- FEMA is not happy with the new season of 'House of Cards' | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com