Forget $4, try $3 for Nokia
Got three dollars and some change, then you have enough to buy a single share in Nokia (NOK).
Just last week we talked up Nokia now a $4 Stock, turns out it can get much cheaper. After pissing of the Street today Nokia dropped hit a new 52-week low of $3.79. NOK closed at $3.82 and as feared it continues to be a falling knife investment. At some point this stock has to bounce however we are unsure where that might be, dare we say $3.50? We stated Nokia could be the Comeback Kid of 2012 -- stress on the "could".
Today's bad news from Nokia was Apple's (AAPL) iPhone is killing them as their total handset shipments fell by 24% from the same period last year. Nokia sold more than 2 million units of its Lumia smartphone during the quarter, its first line based on the Windows Phone mobile operating system from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). Not bad right?
Sorry Nokia, Apple is expected to report unit sales of more than 30 million for the iPhone for the same period when it reports its results next week.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Clash, Mesh, Rattle... Thud | Financial Sense
- Remembering The Summer Of 1929 | ZeroHedge
- Air Conditioner Failure At CenturyLink Data Center Takes ITG Dark Pool Offline | ZeroHedge
- Third VIX ETF Short Squeeze In A Row Sends Stocks To Low-Of-Day | ZeroHedge
- JPM Head Quant Warns Second Market Crash May Be Imminent: Violent Selling Could Return On Thursday | ZeroHedge
- Western Democracy Is An Endangered Species On Its Way To Extinction | ZeroHedge
- It's Not A Devaluation If The Ministry Of Truth Says So: China's "Style Council" Takes On Currency Trading | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kim Jong-Un credits nukes not talks for deal with... | Business Insider
- Rousseff faces 'political suicide bomber,' removal... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (WPP, WPPGY, MCD... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Man who allegedly stabbed 2, shot officer... | Business Insider
- Here's how much it costs for a family to live in 20 major US cities | Business Insider
- Contact lens makers taking fight over price law to court | Business Insider
- Young hopefuls in race to be first black African in space... | Business Insider