Forget $4, try $3 for Nokia
Got three dollars and some change, then you have enough to buy a single share in Nokia (NOK).
Just last week we talked up Nokia now a $4 Stock, turns out it can get much cheaper. After pissing of the Street today Nokia dropped hit a new 52-week low of $3.79. NOK closed at $3.82 and as feared it continues to be a falling knife investment. At some point this stock has to bounce however we are unsure where that might be, dare we say $3.50? We stated Nokia could be the Comeback Kid of 2012 -- stress on the "could".
Today's bad news from Nokia was Apple's (AAPL) iPhone is killing them as their total handset shipments fell by 24% from the same period last year. Nokia sold more than 2 million units of its Lumia smartphone during the quarter, its first line based on the Windows Phone mobile operating system from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). Not bad right?
Sorry Nokia, Apple is expected to report unit sales of more than 30 million for the iPhone for the same period when it reports its results next week.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Real Cost Of War | ZeroHedge
- The Fall Is Golden For Bullion Bulls | ZeroHedge
- Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Biden: "Unions Built The Middle Class In America" | ZeroHedge
- Can a National Quasi-Religion (Pro Sports) Go Broke? | Financial Sense
- Employers Aren’t Just Whining: The “Skills Gap” Is Real | Financial Sense
- The Great Deformation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hong Kong activists in fightback after China vote... | Business Insider
- Ukraine soldiers in battle with Russian tanks in... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Mugabe says 'friendly' China vows to help... | Business Insider
- Dolphin hunting season kicks off in Japan | Business Insider
- The Truth About Sapphire, The Insanely Hard Material Apple May Use For The iPhone 6... | Business Insider
- Trading Radar for 8/09: Big Lots (BIG) Reports | StreetInsider.com