Forget $4, try $3 for Nokia
Got three dollars and some change, then you have enough to buy a single share in Nokia (NOK).
Just last week we talked up Nokia now a $4 Stock, turns out it can get much cheaper. After pissing of the Street today Nokia dropped hit a new 52-week low of $3.79. NOK closed at $3.82 and as feared it continues to be a falling knife investment. At some point this stock has to bounce however we are unsure where that might be, dare we say $3.50? We stated Nokia could be the Comeback Kid of 2012 -- stress on the "could".
Today's bad news from Nokia was Apple's (AAPL) iPhone is killing them as their total handset shipments fell by 24% from the same period last year. Nokia sold more than 2 million units of its Lumia smartphone during the quarter, its first line based on the Windows Phone mobile operating system from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). Not bad right?
Sorry Nokia, Apple is expected to report unit sales of more than 30 million for the iPhone for the same period when it reports its results next week.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Prepare For GDP Downgrades: Eurasian Snow Flashes Polar Vortex 2.0 Warning | ZeroHedge
- End of the Line for These Trades | iBankCoin.com
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- The Long Awaited 10% Correction Just Happened; Cramer: No Bottom Until Ebola Contained | Financial Sense
- Our New Robot Overlords & The Third Type Of Capital | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Letting Academics Run the Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Premarket Rally Is GONE | Business Insider
- Ebola tops EU meeting with warnings crisis is at... | Business Insider
- IBM SHARES ARE TANKING (IBM) | Business Insider
- Emerging Start-... | Business Insider
- Microsoft's Smartwatch Will Be A... | Business Insider
- Australia abandons controversial niqab segregation plan | Business Insider
- Women Are Going Crazy Over These No-Underwear Yoga Pants | Business Insider