Forget $4, try $3 for Nokia
Got three dollars and some change, then you have enough to buy a single share in Nokia (NOK).
Just last week we talked up Nokia now a $4 Stock, turns out it can get much cheaper. After pissing of the Street today Nokia dropped hit a new 52-week low of $3.79. NOK closed at $3.82 and as feared it continues to be a falling knife investment. At some point this stock has to bounce however we are unsure where that might be, dare we say $3.50? We stated Nokia could be the Comeback Kid of 2012 -- stress on the "could".
Today's bad news from Nokia was Apple's (AAPL) iPhone is killing them as their total handset shipments fell by 24% from the same period last year. Nokia sold more than 2 million units of its Lumia smartphone during the quarter, its first line based on the Windows Phone mobile operating system from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). Not bad right?
Sorry Nokia, Apple is expected to report unit sales of more than 30 million for the iPhone for the same period when it reports its results next week.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Broke? You May Now Be Entitled To a Free Home | ZeroHedge
- Did The Fed Just Whisper "Fire" In A Crowded Market? | ZeroHedge
- "Hedge Fund Olympics" Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- More Evidence of the Master Trading Algorithm | ZeroHedge
- The Death of Hope and Belief | ZeroHedge
- Just One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Talkin’ and Yellen: Understanding the Fed | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People were flabbergasted after watching HBO's... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers... | StreetInsider.com
- 'Dysfunctional' Sports... | Business Insider
- IS executes at least 30 civilians in central Syria:... | Business Insider
- Hedge funder Steve Cohen is starting a venture capital fund | Business Insider
- An 'armed and dangerous'... | Business Insider
- The epic tale behind the album that launched Richard Branson's Virgin empire | Business Insider