Forget $4, try $3 for Nokia
Got three dollars and some change, then you have enough to buy a single share in Nokia (NOK).
Just last week we talked up Nokia now a $4 Stock, turns out it can get much cheaper. After pissing of the Street today Nokia dropped hit a new 52-week low of $3.79. NOK closed at $3.82 and as feared it continues to be a falling knife investment. At some point this stock has to bounce however we are unsure where that might be, dare we say $3.50? We stated Nokia could be the Comeback Kid of 2012 -- stress on the "could".
Today's bad news from Nokia was Apple's (AAPL) iPhone is killing them as their total handset shipments fell by 24% from the same period last year. Nokia sold more than 2 million units of its Lumia smartphone during the quarter, its first line based on the Windows Phone mobile operating system from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). Not bad right?
Sorry Nokia, Apple is expected to report unit sales of more than 30 million for the iPhone for the same period when it reports its results next week.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Hedge Fund Legend Calls It Quits: Phil Falcone Leaves Harbinger Group, Gets $20.5 Million Severance | ZeroHedge
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- 2,200 National Guard Troops To Be Deployed In Ferguson Tonight, Up From 700 | ZeroHedge
- Global Business Confidence Collapses To Post-Lehman Lows | ZeroHedge
- Oil Plunges As Venezuela Hints No Output Reduction | ZeroHedge
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- On This Day, 138 Years Ago, The Idea Of QE Was Born | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Europe And The US Are At War Over Breaking Up Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Today In Markets | Business Insider
- How Microsoft Can Bring in an Extra $3 Billion by Catering Towards Small Businesses | TheStreet.com
- These Are The Angry Facebook Posts That Put A Guy In Prison | Business Insider
- This Picture Shows How Far Apple Computers Have Come In 30 Years (... | Business Insider
- This Is Not A Low-Wage Recovery — It's A Medium-To-Low-Wage Recovery | Business Insider
- Watch The Chilling Protests In Ferguson As Police Fire Tear Gas Into Crowds | Business Insider