Forget $4, try $3 for Nokia
Got three dollars and some change, then you have enough to buy a single share in Nokia (NOK).
Just last week we talked up Nokia now a $4 Stock, turns out it can get much cheaper. After pissing of the Street today Nokia dropped hit a new 52-week low of $3.79. NOK closed at $3.82 and as feared it continues to be a falling knife investment. At some point this stock has to bounce however we are unsure where that might be, dare we say $3.50? We stated Nokia could be the Comeback Kid of 2012 -- stress on the "could".
Today's bad news from Nokia was Apple's (AAPL) iPhone is killing them as their total handset shipments fell by 24% from the same period last year. Nokia sold more than 2 million units of its Lumia smartphone during the quarter, its first line based on the Windows Phone mobile operating system from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). Not bad right?
Sorry Nokia, Apple is expected to report unit sales of more than 30 million for the iPhone for the same period when it reports its results next week.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Time to Sell Junk Bonds? Maybe Not | Financial Sense
- Chinese State Paper Warns "War Will Be Inevitable" Unless U.S. Stops Meddling In Territorial Dispute | ZeroHedge
- China Sets Up Gold Investment Fund For Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- Iraq Trolls US, Calls Latest Military Operation "We Are At Your Services, Hussein" | ZeroHedge
- Strong 2 Year Auction Prices At Highest Yield For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Self-Driving Car Ploughs Into Journalists | ZeroHedge
- Kunstler: There Are Only 2 Choices For The Masses - "Doomer" Or "Wisher" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These dotcom startups look just like some of today's hottest tech... | Business Insider
- Now there's a program that lets novices hijack other people's... | Business Insider
- Ex-Navy SEAL and Oxford PhD on this generation of veterans: '... | Business Insider
- The most immersive virtual reality experiences are going to be incredibly expensive and... | Business Insider
- Really, it's OK if your airliner loses an engine | Business Insider
- The US-led air war against ISIS is failing | Business Insider
- Houston submerged as wild weather kills at least 28... | Business Insider