Forget $4, try $3 for Nokia
Got three dollars and some change, then you have enough to buy a single share in Nokia (NOK).
Just last week we talked up Nokia now a $4 Stock, turns out it can get much cheaper. After pissing of the Street today Nokia dropped hit a new 52-week low of $3.79. NOK closed at $3.82 and as feared it continues to be a falling knife investment. At some point this stock has to bounce however we are unsure where that might be, dare we say $3.50? We stated Nokia could be the Comeback Kid of 2012 -- stress on the "could".
Today's bad news from Nokia was Apple's (AAPL) iPhone is killing them as their total handset shipments fell by 24% from the same period last year. Nokia sold more than 2 million units of its Lumia smartphone during the quarter, its first line based on the Windows Phone mobile operating system from Microsoft Corp. (MSFT). Not bad right?
Sorry Nokia, Apple is expected to report unit sales of more than 30 million for the iPhone for the same period when it reports its results next week.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Suffers Sharp Decline as Oil Jumps | Financial Sense
- Bullish Confirmations and the Primary Trend | Financial Sense
- Beyond Income Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Lead in PA Shrinks By 22,000 Votes As Stein Seeks Statewide Recount | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Developers Rethink U.S. Real Estate Projects: "I See Danger...U.S. Real Estate Is Peaking" | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks, Futures, Commodities, Dollar Fall Ahead Of Payrolls, Italy Vote | ZeroHedge
- BRICS Caught Between India and China | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Conservatives are worried Trump's Carrier deal could set a... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Here’s everything your watch says about you | Business Insider
- Pluto is hiding a gigantic liquid ocean you would never, ever want to swim in | Business Insider
- Harness the power of the 'Ben Franklin Effect' to get someone to like you | Business Insider
- Whitney Tilson has a new short (WING, LL, EXAC) | Business Insider
- These Bluetooth headphones can hold their... | Business Insider