Three chart setups for Tuesday (MSFT, CSTR, NVDA)
Mastery has three stocks worth your attention today, those weapons of choice being Microsoft (MSFT), Coinstar (CSTR) and Nvidia (NVDA).
After diving into their charts, we have reason to believe these bad boys are worth your time and attention.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Microsoft's (MSFT) chart is looking healthy lately, as the 50 day MA has passed the 200 day MA earlier this month. On Monday, you can see where shares broke down in the morning and popped right back above the 50 day MA. Looks like a safe play to get into, and place your stop around $26.75.
Another chart I like right now is Nvidia (NVDA).
Another case of the 50 day MA has passing the 200 day MA earlier this month. Again, I'd recommend a tight stop here. Around $15. NVDA is treading on thin ice here and I think it could move either way, I'd give it a 60% chance of moving up and 40% chance down. Don't be afraid to get stopped out of a position if the stock or market doesn't behave.
And finally, we have Coinstar (CSTR)
I've been keeping an eye on Coinstar for a while; I like the short squeeze potential (33% of float is short) and I like the backing by Goldman Sachs (they own 13% of outstanding shares)
However, I haven't quite pulled the trigger because of what looks to me like a massive head-and-shoulders top going back to June of 2010. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I would expect a drop down to the $30's after the right shoulder if it was a true head-and-shoulders formation. If you're a tech analyis pro I would love to hear any feedback you have on this chart. Just hit us up on our contact page.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- An Up Close And Personal Look At The Russian Firepower Deployed In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Worth Wray on China's Failed Plan to Blow Stock Market Bubble and Attract Global Investors | Financial Sense
- Valeant Plunges 10% Amid Exposure Of "Astronomical" Price Increases | ZeroHedge
- Syria Ground War Imminent? U.S. Accuses Russia Of Launching Syrian Land Campaign | ZeroHedge
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Deal Struck As "Corporate Secrecy" Wins Again | ZeroHedge
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
- Is The Stock Market Gearing Up For A New October Crash? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Portugal votes in test for austerity policies | Business Insider
- Merseyside derby throws up sixth draw in seven | Business Insider
- Pope opens family meeting and sparks are expected to fly | Business Insider
- Tracy Morgan joins lineup for salute to Eddie Murphy | Business Insider
- Sabathia to check into alcohol rehab center, miss playoffs... | Business Insider
- Arian Foster fumbles when a teammate punches the ball loose in a play that sums... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek