Three chart setups for Tuesday (MSFT, CSTR, NVDA)
Mastery has three stocks worth your attention today, those weapons of choice being Microsoft (MSFT), Coinstar (CSTR) and Nvidia (NVDA).
After diving into their charts, we have reason to believe these bad boys are worth your time and attention.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Microsoft's (MSFT) chart is looking healthy lately, as the 50 day MA has passed the 200 day MA earlier this month. On Monday, you can see where shares broke down in the morning and popped right back above the 50 day MA. Looks like a safe play to get into, and place your stop around $26.75.
Another chart I like right now is Nvidia (NVDA).
Another case of the 50 day MA has passing the 200 day MA earlier this month. Again, I'd recommend a tight stop here. Around $15. NVDA is treading on thin ice here and I think it could move either way, I'd give it a 60% chance of moving up and 40% chance down. Don't be afraid to get stopped out of a position if the stock or market doesn't behave.
And finally, we have Coinstar (CSTR)
I've been keeping an eye on Coinstar for a while; I like the short squeeze potential (33% of float is short) and I like the backing by Goldman Sachs (they own 13% of outstanding shares)
However, I haven't quite pulled the trigger because of what looks to me like a massive head-and-shoulders top going back to June of 2010. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I would expect a drop down to the $30's after the right shoulder if it was a true head-and-shoulders formation. If you're a tech analyis pro I would love to hear any feedback you have on this chart. Just hit us up on our contact page.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- Libertarian Gary Johnson Has Another "Aleppo Moment" | ZeroHedge
- BaRRY WTF! | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged | Financial Sense
- Gold Price Heads for Another $75 Quarterly Gain as Fed Holds Rates, UN Warns of 'Crisis Part 3' | Financial Sense
- You Want to Fix the Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | Financial Sense
- Stanley Fischer's Novel Idea: "We'd Be Better Off With A Price For Using Money" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A startup specifically designed to sell Obamacare is quitting Obamacare (UNH, AET, HUM... | Business Insider
- David Cay Johnston: Trump will lose based on demographics... | Business Insider
- 'Luke Cage' may not be Netflix's best Marvel show, but it is the most important | Business Insider
- We've just received another sign China's industrial sector is stabilizing... | Business Insider
- Initial jobless claims rose less than expected | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- There have been 321 arrests of NFL players since 2010 | Business Insider