Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Are A Nation Built On The Rule Of Law" | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Drone Strike Math – 41 Terrorists Targeted, 1,147 People Killed | ZeroHedge
- Misery Mounts As Airline Delays & Cancellations Surge On East Coast | ZeroHedge
- OPEC's Prisoner's Dilemma | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- FT's Tett: Gold “Tangible” and “Clear”; People “Unnerved” About “Money” in “Bottomless Cyber Space” | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's Finally A Dedicated Hashtag Key For Macs | Business Insider
- JIM ROGERS: Here's Why I've Finally Started Investing In Russia | Business Insider
- Mercedes' Ultra-Luxury Maybach Brand Is Officially... | Business Insider
- How 4 Minutes Of CGI Dinosaurs In ‘Jurassic Park’ Took A Year To Make | Business Insider
- PR Guru's Advice To Bill Cosby: 'Shut Up And Disappear' | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (TWTR, GOOG, AMZN, AAPL, CMCSA... | Business Insider