Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's Media-crity (In One Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Three Fed Cycles and Stocks and Bonds | Financial Sense
- Pep Talk from Jack Ma Before Buying $BABA at the Open | iBankCoin.com
- 45 Facts That Show How Far America Has Fallen In This Generation | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Humor: iPhone 6 Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S5 | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- Was Scottish Vote Rigging Caught On Tape? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- iPhone 6 Frenzy: See the Huge Crowds Outside Apple Stores | TheStreet.com
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Alex Salmond Concedes With These Impossible Words: 'We Shall Go Forward, As One... | Business Insider
- China crash Korean shooting party | Business Insider
- CAMERON SPEAKS: The Scottish Referendum Just Transformed UK... | Business Insider
- 15 Ways Video Games Make You Smarter And Healthier | Business Insider