Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Truth in Numbers | Financial Sense
- The Not so Silent Demise of Deutsche Bank | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank Explains Why Central Banks Are Stuck | ZeroHedge
- Curve Flattens After Treasury Sells $34 Billion In Uneventful, Tailing 5Y Auction | ZeroHedge
- Why There Is Trump | ZeroHedge
- Stunning University Of Kansas 'Safe Space' Vs. 'Free Speech' Meeting Caught On Tape | ZeroHedge
- Silver Is Getting Slammed But Bonds Best Post-Fed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'It was a real problem': Trump... | Business Insider
- 'That's called business': Trump and... | Business Insider
- 7 ways you're sabotaging your morning routine... | Business Insider
- How to tell someone's lying to you just by watching... | Business Insider
- 10 expert tricks to break bad habits — and replace them with good ones... | Business Insider
- Here’s a refugee’s step-by-step process to enter the US | Business Insider
- Here's how the super rich buy mega-yachts | Business Insider