Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buy: $ARWR | iBankCoin.com
- Eurozone Inflation Drops To Fresh 5 Year Low, EURUSD Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- The Hong Kong Protest: What It's All About | ZeroHedge
- OH NO! THE NASDAQ IS DOWN FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER | iBankCoin.com
- REVERSAL! | iBankCoin.com
- China In A Nutshell | ZeroHedge
- From Bravery to Prosperity: A Six-Year Plan to Make Scotland the Wealthiest Anglosphere Region of All | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jony Ive Hung Out With Anna Wintour To Launch The... | Business Insider
- Zendesk Has A New Free App That Can Solve All The Problems With Alias Emails | Business Insider
- Here Comes Atlas, Facebook’s Plan To Tackle Google With... | Business Insider
- Your Daily Starbucks Habit Will Cost You Nearly $7,000 Over A Decade | Business Insider
- The College Majors With The Biggest Lifetime Earnings | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- Can HP's $200 Windows Laptop Slow the Chromebook Onslaught? | TheStreet.com