Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Italy Youth Unemployment Hits Record High 44.2%, Concerns Rising "Recession Exit May Be Unsustainable" | ZeroHedge
- Hybrid Moves | iBankCoin.com
- The IMF Experts Flunk, Again | ZeroHedge
- Al-Qaeda Attacks CIA-Trained Syrian "Freedom Fighters"; Commander Captured | ZeroHedge
- Worst Wage Growth In History Sparks Bond & Stock Buying Frenzy, Rate Hike Expectations Crater | ZeroHedge
- Third Bailout Generates New Political Division in Greece | Financial Sense
- Twist Those Dirty Bags! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Giants player seen wearing a massive bandage... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton’s plan to combat climate change has a glaring hole | Business Insider
- This one tool houses everything your home bar is probably missing | Business Insider
- Cook sets sights on back-to-back wins | Business Insider
- The hacking-related recall at Fiat-Chrysler could... | Business Insider
- America is growing again (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USD, TLT) | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's companies sought visas to... | Business Insider