Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Few Ideas For Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- McDonalds Misses Revenue, Earnings Estimates: Blames Weather | ZeroHedge
- A Precious Metals Bull Makes His Last Stand | iBankCoin.com
- Existing Home Sales Drop To Lowest Since July 2012; All-Cash Buyers, Investors Are 50% Of March Transactions | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Empires Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Dealer Awards Surge, Directs Plunge In Ho-Hum 2 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- US Judge Rules DoJ Must Release Drone Killing Rationale Documents | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Facebook Says It Will Use Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook Page To Reveal Big Company... | Business Insider
- Ducati Has Made An Airbag Jacket For Motorcycle Riders | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- A California Politician Wants To Give Tons Of Students 'Free' Tuition — But... | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley Says GWPH Pot Stock Is Legit | TheStreet.com
- Land Rover Is Making A Diesel Hybrid Range Rover For China | Business Insider