Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- Angry Protesters Demand That Trump "STOP Attacking Women, Muslims, Immigrants, LGBTQ+, Journalists..." | ZeroHedge
- Who Really Rules The United States? | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing Jumps to 33-Year High | Financial Sense
- Here Is The "Leaked" Memo Directing The National Guard To Arrest Illegal Immigrants | ZeroHedge
- The Mother Of All Financial Bubbles: "This Is The Very Definition Of Unsustainable" | ZeroHedge
- How A Major Bank "Calculated" That 20x P/E Is Now "Fair Value" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This creepy tool reveals how Facebook's AI tracks and... | Business Insider
- 8 popular American foods that aren't what you think they are | Business Insider
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- Here's why cats sleep so much | Business Insider
- 'A natural outgrowth of America electing a reality show president... | Business Insider
- A man who flew around the world for 3 months on less than $1,000 shares his best... | Business Insider
- Trump isn't adjusting well to life in the White House — he's reportedly... | Business Insider