Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Is The Best Method Of Rebellion Against Tyranny? | ZeroHedge
- The Mad Stewards of Gondor | Financial Sense
- 22 Signs That The Global Economic Turmoil We Have Seen So Far In 2016 Is Just The Beginning | ZeroHedge
- The Bond Market Is Waiting For A Further Correction In Equity Prices | ZeroHedge
- Krinsky on Stock Market: Primary Trend Has Shifted to the Downside | Financial Sense
- The Great Crisis Has Officially Begun (Oil is Just the Start) | ZeroHedge
- Mass Layoffs To Return With A Vengeance | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- George W. Bush filmed a patriotic ad for Jeb Bush's super PAC | Business Insider
- Credit Suisse slashed the bonus pool for traders | Business Insider
- US admiral: Russia's submarine activity in... | Business Insider
- This clothing company is forcing its models to eat | Business Insider
- Johnny Manziel's family reportedly... | Business Insider
- Labor force participation rate moves higher | Business Insider
- Cruz: Trump would nuke Denmark | Business Insider