Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Biggest Threat To America | ZeroHedge
- Despite WHO's Confidence, Mali Becomes 6th West African Nation With Ebola | ZeroHedge
- The End Of QE3, Trouble Ahead For The Bulls? | ZeroHedge
- Russia is de-dollarizing | ZeroHedge
- MAY YOU BURN IN THE FIRES OF 1,000 SUNS | iBankCoin.com
- Why Advertising Revenue At CNBC Parent Comcast Declined By 5% | ZeroHedge
- Putin Warns Of Risk Of Major Conflict, Says Dollar Losing Reserve Currency Status | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 Coming Technologies That Will Radically Transform Sex | Business Insider
- The Steve Nash Trade Was Supposed To Make The Los Angeles Lakers Contenders — But It... | Business Insider
- Slack CEO Denies He's Raising At A Billion Dollar Valuation | Business Insider
- This App Scans Your Proportions And Mails You A Custom-Fitted Shirt | Business Insider
- Here's A Map Of Where The NYC Ebola Went | Business Insider
- I Spent A Weekend Driving The Most Beautiful Car I've Ever Seen — The Jaguar F-Type... | Business Insider
- South Africa 282-9 in second New Zealand ODI | Business Insider