Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- David Stockman Warns "2008 Was Just Spring-Training For What Comes Next" | ZeroHedge
- Trump: "I Hope Russia Has All 33,000 Emails That Hillary Deleted" | ZeroHedge
- Spread Thin — How the Fed Manipulates Financial Spreads | Financial Sense
- The Day Data-Dependence Died: US Macro Has Longest-Winning Streak In History | ZeroHedge
- If Everything Is So Great, Then Why Do Two-Thirds Of Americans Say The Country Is On The Wrong Track? | ZeroHedge
- Dan Loeb Compares Managing Money In 2016 To A "Game Of Thrones" Slaughter | ZeroHedge
- THe DeMoNiC Creature THaT EMeRGeD FRoM THe DePTHS OF HeLL... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- At this rate, Amazon will definitely be the first $10 billion cloud company (AMZN... | Business Insider
- Former Wall Street trader explains why he's happier in a $1... | Business Insider
- This shirt changes color based on pollution levels | Business Insider
- People want 'The Rock' to run for president, and he's not saying no | Business Insider
- These 30 Fortune 500 companies have the most cash in off-shore tax... | Business Insider
- Apollo astronauts are more likely to suffer heart problems, and we need to... | Business Insider
- China says it will press ahead with its own anti-missile system... | Business Insider