Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You’re Swimming with Sharks Now | iBankCoin.com
- Momo Sectors Bounced | iBankCoin.com
- High and Tight Oorah Gas | iBankCoin.com
- Peak "Greatest Fool" | ZeroHedge
- Big Blue: Stock Buyback Machine On Steroids | ZeroHedge
- ECB Moving Closer to Unconventional Policy | Financial Sense
- When You're Not Around: Setting Your Family Up for Success | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Military Judge Orders CIA To Turn Over Details On 'Black Site' Prisons | Business Insider
- The Best Hotels In Rome | Business Insider
- Guy Fieri Is Distancing Himself From His Infamous Times Square Restaurant... | Business Insider
- PROFESSOR: There Is A Big, Gaping Flaw In The New Satoshi Study | Business Insider
- You'll Be Stunned By How Much More Affordable It Is To Buy Than Rent | Business Insider
- China Urgently Needs To Solve Its City Problem | Business Insider
- Bank CEO Banned From Industry For Using Bailout Money To Buy A Condo | Business Insider