Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Andy Hall Loses 7% In September, Down 20% YTD: Will He Blow Up Twice In One Year On The Same Trade? | ZeroHedge
- The Monetary Policy Dead-End | ZeroHedge
- "There's No More Fat To Be Cut:" Desperate Oil Producers Cut Salaries To Save Mission Critical Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Preview - Third Quarter 2015 | Financial Sense
- The Fingerpointing Begins: House Armed Services Chairman Slams Obama's Syria Policy | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Ghostly Iranian Spymaster Running Every Mid-East Proxy War: "He Is Everywhere But Nowhere" | ZeroHedge
- Investors Are Terrified Of An EM Debt Crisis, But Are Bullish Because They Think Everyone Else Is Too | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- France feel 'backs to the wall' after... | Business Insider
- The 50 best B&Bs in America | Business Insider
- Southwest Airlines says technology issues delay some... | Business Insider
- Scientists asked 5,500 Americans to reveal their 'relationship dealbreakers... | Business Insider
- Dodgers' Utley suspended 2 playoff games for '... | Business Insider
- Ex-M&S boss heads UK pro-EU group, says Brexit too risky... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek