Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chief Of Russian Air Force Accuses Turkey Of Coordinated Ambush On Downed Jet | ZeroHedge
- Geopolitical Tension Tops Revised GDP | Financial Sense
- Swiss Bank Hits Customers With Negative Interest Rates; Crazy? What About Velocity? | Financial Sense
- The Bitcoin Universe Explained | ZeroHedge
- Why The Obamacare Exchanges Are Failing | ZeroHedge
- Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks on Syrian Refugees | Financial Sense
- Another Data Point To Ignore - There Are The Most Distressed Bonds In 6 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Patti LaBelle spent Thanksgiving with the guy whose viral video helped her sell $2... | Business Insider
- Michigan State takes division with 55-16 rout of Penn... | Business Insider
- Googler: Top execs like Larry Page and Sundar Pichai are all around... | Business Insider
- More deaths blamed on wintry storm moving through... | Business Insider
- This wreckage found off the coast of the UK looks like debris... | Business Insider
- Thousands mourn at funeral of Kurdish lawyer in Turkey | Business Insider
- Fatalities as freezing rain, floods and ice hit central US... | Business Insider