Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Major Cycle Low Upcoming in Gold | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices Should Rise Above $1,900/oz -“Get In Now!” | ZeroHedge
- Erdogan Halts European Refugee Deal After Merkel Snub, Says Turkey Has Other Options | ZeroHedge
- Decouple-apalooza - Bonds, Yen, Oil, Dollar Diverge From Volumeless Stock Levitation | ZeroHedge
- Market Bubbles | Financial Sense
- Examining American Exceptionalism | ZeroHedge
- A Crisis Unlike We Have Seen In Human History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 20 resorts and villas where you can have a private island practically all to yourself | Business Insider
- The next big 'Pokémon' game looks amazing | Business Insider
- Big data is the key to the app market reaching $100... | Business Insider
- Under Armour and UCLA strike $280 million deal, the largest in college... | Business Insider
- Iceland pulled off a miracle economic escape... | Business Insider
- The 29 most shocking deaths in all of 'Game of Thrones' | Business Insider
- Here's why we're excited about 'No Man's Sky,' one of the most creative... | Business Insider