Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- The Eurozone Is a Growing Problem for U.S. Economy | Financial Sense
- These Clowns Are Dragging Us Into War | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan Refrains From Deepening Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Where Do ISIS Fighters Come From? | ZeroHedge
- Busy Week Ahead, ECB Meeting Stands Out | ZeroHedge
- The Fall Is Golden For Bullion Bulls | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 Biotech Stocks Under $10 in Breakout Territory | TheStreet.com
- MITT ROMNEY: Obama's 'Mistakes' Led To The Rise Of ISIS | Business Insider
- This Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone No One Is... | Business Insider
- US air strike in Somalia targeting Shebab leader:... | Business Insider
- Some People Don't Get Bitten By Mosquitoes — Why That's True Will Surprise... | Business Insider
- The 33 Most Expensive Movie Props Ever Sold | Business Insider
- Ayatollah Urges Iran To Boycott 'Immoral' High-Speed... | Business Insider