Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Central Bank Austria Claims To Have Audited Gold at BOE. Refuses To Release Audit Reports & Gold Bar List | ZeroHedge
- Moody’s: The M&A Market Is Flashing a Red Warning Sign | Financial Sense
- Introducing Yield Purchasing Power | ZeroHedge
- Monopoly AT&T Plan Will Further Control the Internet, Content | ZeroHedge
- Leaked Soros Memo Exposes Obama's Secret TPP Negotiations; Hillary "Flip-Flopping" | ZeroHedge
- Prepare For The Unthinkable | ZeroHedge
- NYT Publishes A Complete List Of Donald Trump's Twitter Insults | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Will the Internet of Things be bigger than the... | Business Insider
- The negative tone of the presidential election is turning off... | Business Insider
- The career advice a former Facebook exec would give her younger self — and anyone... | Business Insider
- How the fleece vest became the unofficial uniform of Silicon Valley... | Business Insider
- Airbnb is driving billions of dollars in sales... | Business Insider
- Mike Trout is the best player in baseball — but hardly anyone cares | Business Insider
- ASK A FINANCIAL PLANNER: Is it worth taking a salary cut to get stock options... | Business Insider