Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Summing Up The Total Chaos That Reigns In Greek "Negotiations" | ZeroHedge
- The Tried-and-True Blueprint for Raising Taxes | Financial Sense
- Goldman's "Excel Fat Finger" - Says Earlier GDP Estimate Was A Mistake, Lowers Q1 GDP Tracking To Just 0.8% | ZeroHedge
- Big Brother Is Here: Facebook Reveals Its Master Plan - Control All News Flow | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream Part 3 - Moonshine, Scam, & The Delusion Of Democracy | ZeroHedge
- They Are "Undermining People's Trust In Their Money" | ZeroHedge
- How Many Slots Are Open In The Upper Middle Class? Not As Many As You Might Think | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tiger Woods out of golf world top 100 | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch screen is totally different to what's in your... | Business Insider
- Dominant Hamilton seeks Malaysian Grand Prix win | Business Insider
- Motorsports Monday: Ferrari is back! | Business Insider
- UnitedHealth buys Catamaran for $12.8 bn | Business Insider
- THE SMARTPHONE REPORT BY COUNTRY:... | Business Insider
- 26 MORE tech skills worth a $100,000+ salary | Business Insider