Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THe ReTuRN OF ALaN GReeDSPaM... | ZeroHedge
- Don't Show The "Deflation Isn't Going To Happen" ECB Germany's Declining October Prices | ZeroHedge
- Gold Drops Below $1200 On Heavy Volume, Silver Freefalls To Feb 2010 Lows | ZeroHedge
- GDP Numbers Bear Out Fed Decision | Financial Sense
- Fed's Kocherlakota Explains Why He Wants Moar | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Cooking Up the Good Stuff for Halloween | iBankCoin.com
- The "Carry Trade" For The Working Man | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Asia shares rally after US growth figures | Business Insider
- Japan's Nikkei 225 index soars over 5% after BoJ easing... | Business Insider
- Striking Photographs Show The Accidental Beauty Of Brooklyn's Toxic... | Business Insider
- Stephen Hawking Gave Filmmakers A Priceless Gift After Watching The... | Business Insider
- Here's Why You Crash Every Afternoon — And 3 Ways To Avoid It | Business Insider
- You Won't Even Be Able To Handle How Intense This Mouse Is | Business Insider
- 6 Interesting Things We Learned From Entrepreneurs About Starting A Business | Business Insider