Leaving Las Vegas When it Comes to Real Estate
High end homes in Las Vegas are facing repo and the city has the highest foreclosure rates in the nation. Even the rich are hurting in Vegas.
Nicolas Cage, the Oscar-winning star of “Leaving Las Vegas,” bought a seven-bedroom home with a panoramic view of the city’s casino-lined Strip in 2006 for $8.5 million. By January 2010, it was in foreclosure.
The next owner, who property records show paid $4.2 million, has put the house on the market for $7.9 million -- an “unrealistic” price, according to Zar Zanganeh, the broker handling the listing.
“It’s sad,” Zanganeh said, his high-heeled boots clacking on the marble floor as he gave a tour of the 14,000-square-foot (1,300-square-meter) mansion featuring a six-person steam shower and a closet the size of a small apartment. “There’s a lot of inventory, a lot of homes like this waiting for an owner.”
A growing number of high-end homes are selling at a loss or facing repossession by lenders in Las Vegas, which already has the highest rate of foreclosure filings among large U.S. cities. The wave of defaults that began with subprime borrowers and the unemployed has spread to upscale homeowners who see no point of staying even if they can afford to. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Close At Recordest Highs As All Central Banks Go All In | ZeroHedge
- 2015 Is Shaping Up to Be a “Turkey” of a Year for the U.S. Economy and Stock Market | Financial Sense
- Hugh Hendry Live 3: "To Bet Against China Is To Best Against Central Bank Omnipotence" | ZeroHedge
- Summing It All Up In 1 Surreal Chart | ZeroHedge
- Several Bullish Supports Suggest Bears Should Temper Their Outlook | Financial Sense
- The Unfolding Economic Crisis in Europe | Financial Sense
- Still Lower Prices Ahead For Oil? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Finally, A Folding Electric Bike That Can Easily Fit Inside A Backpack | Business Insider
- How Starting Small Helped Ugg Become A Multimillion-Dollar Company | Business Insider
- 22 Gifts That The Modern Gentleman Actually Wants This Year | Business Insider
- Legendary Investor Ben Horowitz On How To Handle Raises And Demotions... | Business Insider
- Fears of army influence as interim Burkina PM picks team... | Business Insider
- The Stage Is Set For An Epic Finish At The World... | Business Insider
- Judge approves $450 mn deal in Apple ebook suit | Business Insider