Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- These Are The Stocks Most Hated By Hedge Funds: Let The Squeeze Begin | ZeroHedge
- European Bonds Plunge Most In 8 Months, Stocks Worst Week In 2 Months | ZeroHedge
- Quote Of The Day | ZeroHedge
- Trapping In The Suckers | iBankCoin.com
- Jack Lew's Triple Whammy - IRS Ignorance, Corzine Corruption, And The 'War On The Poor' | ZeroHedge
- UNSCATHED | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 Startups Leading The Hardware Revolution | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- UK Scrambles Fighter Jets After Pakistan Flight Diverted | Business Insider
- Inside The Stress Epidemic That Is Crushing College Students [INFOGRAPHIC] | Business Insider
- CONSUMER REPORTS: The Best Sunscreens Aren't The Most Expensive Ones | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- America's Hottest CEOs Are Devoting More Time Than Ever To Hiring | Business Insider