Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rich People Are Living Longer And It's Going To Cost Taxpayers 'Bigly' | ZeroHedge
- Is The Fed About To Drop The MOAB On Wall Street? | ZeroHedge
- Fracking Comes to the Arctic in a New Alaska Oil Boom | Financial Sense
- Venezuela On The Verge Of Revolution As Hyperinflated Currency Crashes To New Record Low | ZeroHedge
- One Trader Is Surprised At Market Euphoria From A "Result That Was Everybody's Base Case" | ZeroHedge
- Marissa Mayer To Leave Yahoo With $186 Million From Verizon Deal | ZeroHedge
- Government Shutdown Averted? Trump Punts On Border Wall, Will Wait Until September | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stocks are casually sitting on a powerful time bomb | Business Insider
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider
- Sears' turnaround timeline is shrinking — and it could be next in line to declare... | Business Insider
- Caterpillar posts dynamite earnings but warns of 'geopolitical and market uncertainty... | Business Insider
- 'The game is rigged': Elizabeth Warren... | Business Insider
- 10 tiny tweaks that can improve your life | Business Insider
- Services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video... | Business Insider