Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dr. Gary Small on "The Alzheimer's Prevention Program" | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank's Modest Proposal To Central Banks: "Purchase The Gold Held By Private Households" | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- I Got Your Growth Stocks Right Here | iBankCoin.com
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- The Rand-ian Writing On The Wall | ZeroHedge
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rio Games choose yellow feline as mascot | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- How Dion Weisler Rose To Become One Of HP's... | Business Insider
- Russia Is Overstating The Funds At Its... | Business Insider
- Dramatic Videos Show The Chaos In Ferguson Monday Night | Business Insider
- How To Use Men's Hair Products Like A Pro | Business Insider