Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Stunning Scenes From California's Central Valley Drought | ZeroHedge
- Technical Glitch Downs Bank Of England's $110 Trillion Payments System | ZeroHedge
- HaZMaT BuDDieS... | ZeroHedge
- Banks See Positive Start on Q3 Earnings | Financial Sense
- The Commodities Trading Cheat-Sheet | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- High-stakes Russia-Ukraine-EU gas talks begin in Brussels... | Business Insider
- Peyton Manning Had To Relearn How To Throw A Football In 2011, And He Says It Made Him Even... | Business Insider
- Nepal rescuers find 34 more trekkers, 12 bodies... | Business Insider
- Rodgers salutes resilient Sterling | Business Insider
- Comet Siding Spring whizzes past Mars | Business Insider
- SAT Tutor Who Charges $1,000 An Hour: Here Are 6 Tips To Master The SAT | Business Insider
- Starbucks, Dunkin', Or McDonald's: Whose Coffee Has The... | Business Insider