Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight | Financial Sense
- CSX Freight Train Derails In Washington D.C., 9 Cars Overturned, Hazardous Material Leaking | ZeroHedge
- Warning: Hawkishness Ahead | Financial Sense
- Gold And Negative Interest Rates | ZeroHedge
- America's Big Red Forex Button - MOST IMPORTANT FOREX FACT | ZeroHedge
- Wait Until You Get a Pitch Right Where You Want It! | Financial Sense
- WTF Chart Of The Day: Speculative Frenzy '101' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China never really stopped being a copycat | Business Insider
- The cost of standard medical procedures varies a lot based on where... | Business Insider
- The 25 highest-paying jobs you can get without a college degree | Business Insider
- How to know if your dog hates hugs | Business Insider
- The top 7 predictions for the future of media | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- This device lets you control your smart home just by tapping your fingers | Business Insider