Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Next Empire | ZeroHedge
- David Stockman Warns "It's One Of The Scariest Moments In History" | ZeroHedge
- "World-Leading Economist" And Advisor To Chancellor Osborne Busted For Smoking Crack | ZeroHedge
- Which New World Order Are We Talking About? | ZeroHedge
- Are Weak Earnings Signaling Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- ISM Manufacturing Tumbles To 13-Month Lows, Employment Slumps, Construction Spending Plunges | ZeroHedge
- US Will Never Gain Oil Market Crown, IEA Chief Says | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia, Ukraine agree gas delivery deal until end March:... | Business Insider
- Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov... | Business Insider
- Europe's factories are still creeping towards growth | Business Insider
- Why Samsung's most gorgeous Galaxy phones yet will leave you with mixed feelings | Business Insider
- Unbelievable video of a man feeding alligators with his mouth in a Louisiana... | Business Insider
- Y Combinator could be making a big change to its funding strategy | Business Insider
- US astronauts begin spacewalk at orbiting lab | Business Insider