Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Central Banks Are Trojan Horses, Looting Their Host Nations | ZeroHedge
- Complete and Utter Scam: Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- JPM's Kolanovic Warns Upcoming Recession Could Be Comparable To 2008 Crisis; Says "Buy Gold, Cash And VIX" | ZeroHedge
- Lines Around The Block To Buy Gold In London; Banks Placing "Unusually Large Orders For Physical" | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling: All-Out Price War Could Send Oil to $10 to $20 a Barrel | Financial Sense
- "Distressed" Bonds Accelerating At "Alarming Pace", Markit Warns | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Central Bank Failure Looks Like (Part 4) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greek police are firing tear gas at angry farmers protesting in... | Business Insider
- I tried the high-tech café that wants to hack your body by adding butter to your coffee | Business Insider
- An elaborate experiment aims to answer one of humanity's... | Business Insider
- Facebook has spent billions of dollars on investments — and it's just getting started | Business Insider
- Putting Stephen Curry's season in perspective makes it even more mind-blowing | Business Insider
- If you're new to coding, this is the programming language... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek