Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did We Just Hit The Threshold For Short Covering In Gold? | ZeroHedge
- Don't Exaggerate Significance of SNB's Loss | ZeroHedge
- US Police Kill 118 People In July, Highest Monthly Total Of 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Most Successful Trade Of The Last Decade? | ZeroHedge
- The Great Greek Fudge | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Circular Logic Exposed In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Why Did Greece Get 'Bitch-Slapped', While Ukraine Got Some 'Good-Loving' From Europe? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico's president is facing the most damning charge yet — and his... | Business Insider
- The 20 fears keeping you from getting rich | Business Insider
- Hidden in the worst wage report ever was some good news about the 'real economy' (DIA,... | Business Insider
- ISIS is exploiting a crucial weakness in Turkey that let's them walk 'free... | Business Insider
- ISIS just received a 'gift' — and now 'there's a... | Business Insider
- Some 260 PKK members killed in Turkey air strikes: report... | Business Insider
- This home-cleaning service shows everything that startups do horribly wrong | Business Insider