Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q1 Earnings in Focus | Financial Sense
- Q1 Earnings Season Summary: More Than Half Have Missed Revenues | ZeroHedge
- John Kerry Speaks On Ukraine De-escalation: Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- European Investors Rush To Safe-Havens - Italy/Spain Bond Yields At New Record Low | ZeroHedge
- Growth Rate China Slowest in 18 Months | ZeroHedge
- Momo Sectors Bounced | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Marissa Mayer Is Trying To Woo Apple Into Making Yahoo The Default Search... | Business Insider
- The Best Hotels In Rome | Business Insider
- 4 Core Beliefs Of Successful People | Business Insider
- 13 REPORTED DEAD IN MOUNT EVEREST DISASTER | Business Insider
- Businesses Say They're Having Trouble Finding People Who Will Show Up For... | Business Insider
- Two Charts That Show Where The Money Has Been Going This Month (SPX, SPY, DIA,... | Business Insider
- Here's An Awesome Video Of Fighter Jets Streaking Through Mountains | Business Insider