Checking out Foot Locker Shares (FL)
StockerBlog pointed out last week that Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) shares may be worth investors' attention. Turns out FL is selling for 93% of book value and yields a 5% dividend.
The stock has been a roller coaster ride over the past year, trading between $9 to $12 but so far in 2010 Foot Locker Inc shares are up 5.48%.
This month Foot Locker (FL) said it is closing 117 stores in the fourth quarter and revamping its organization, installing Richard Johnson as president and chief executive of Foot Locker U.S., Footaction, Kids Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker. Johnson had been president and CEO of the firm’s Foot Locker Europe unit.
For the full year, Foot Locker said it will have opened 37 stores, closed 190 and remodeled or relocated another 160 doors. A large percentage of the 117 stores slated for closure this quarter are Foot Locker and Lady Foot Locker locations in the U.S.
Masters, Foot Locker the retailer of athletic footwear and apparel has a forward PE of 16 and has a market cap of $1.84 billion. The stock is worth adding to you watch list but the one thing we are skeptical about is how it trades, the 12 month chart looks like a sin wave, so expect volatility. Here's the technicals on Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE:FL) thanks to shortsqueeze.com and graph via finviz.com:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Draghi Now Has All the Ammunition He Needs for QE - Implementation Still a Problem | Financial Sense
- Two NYPD Cops Murdered In "Execution Style" Ambush, Shooter Commits Suicide - Live Coverage | ZeroHedge
- Mish’s Take: What’s Behind the Plunge in Oil? Boon to Spending or Recessionary? | Financial Sense
- Income Investment – The Next Quarterly Report Is Coming Soon | iBankCoin.com
- Forget Lost Decade, Japan Has Been 'Losing' Since WWII | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Gets A Merry Christmas Main Street Gets Keynesian Coal | ZeroHedge
- Why Germany Objects To ECB QE (In 1 Crazy Chart) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jeff Bezos Spends 6 Hours A Year Courting These Investors | Business Insider
- Liverpool on track for top four, says Rodgers | Business Insider
- Super-Rich Russians Are Fleeing To The UK In Record Numbers | Business Insider
- These Are The 10 Best Used Cars For First-Time Drivers | Business Insider
- Markets Around The World Are Rallying | Business Insider
- The Amazing Story Of Japan's Groundbreaking Bullet Train | Business Insider
- Protesters Shut Down America's Largest Mall | Business Insider