NOAH Movie: White People, Where did son Ham go?
Noah's blacksheep son Ham played Logan Lerman by did have a wife and she was on the ark. Why was there only white people? You telling me Ham and his brothers eventually started every other race on earth, really?
HAM, HAM, HAM
According to the Hebrew Bible, Ham was one of the sons of Noah and the father of Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan, who are interpreted as having populated Africa and adjoining parts of Asia.
After the flood, we see Noah separated from his family and, in despair, getting hammered. In the Bible, Noah gets hammered, too, though it’s not clear it’s in despair. The Bible also leaves some ambiguity as to what happens while Noah is passed out naked. We find out that “Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.” What exactly the younger son (presumably Ham) did is unclear—in the Bible, seeing someone’s nakedness is often translated to mean having sex with them, and there are some who interpret this to mean that Ham sodomised his father—but Noah curses Ham’s descendants because of it, saying they will be servants to Shem and Japheth’s descendants. Although the story can be taken literally, in more recent times, some scholars have suggested that Ham may have had intercourse with his father's wife. Under this interpretation, Canaan is cursed as the "product of Ham's illicit union.
In an interview with The Higher Calling, Noah screenwriter Ari Handel spoke about the reasoning behind the lack of racial diversity in the cast.
“From the beginning, we were concerned about casting, the issue of race. What we realized is that this story is functioning at the level of myth, and as a mythical story, the race of the individuals doesn’t matter. They’re supposed to be stand-ins for all people. Either you end up with a Bennetton ad or the crew of the Starship Enterprise. You either try to put everything in there, which just calls attention to it, or you just say, ‘Let’s make that not a factor, because we’re trying to deal with everyman.’ Looking at this story through that kind of lens is the same as saying, ‘Would the ark float and is it big enough to get all the species in there?’ That’s irrelevant to the questions because the questions are operating on a different plane than that; they’re operating on the mythical plane.”
In other words, they danced around the issue of only putting white people in the movie. Thus we are to believe that we all came from Russell Crowe, which explains why we like fighting so much:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The World Views Obama's "ISIS Strategy" | ZeroHedge
- Here's What Real Americans Think Of "Our Hero" Bernanke | ZeroHedge
- Last Two Times this Happened, the US Was Falling into a Recession | ZeroHedge
- Saudis Mull Launch Of Regional War As Russia Pounds Targets In Syria For Fourth Day | ZeroHedge
- Oct 6 - Fed's Rosengren: Door Still Open For 2015 Fed Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 5 | ZeroHedge
- What Could Reverse the Global Market Decline? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amtrak train derails in central Vermont; no word on... | Business Insider
- US stocks open higher; energy, GE are among early gainers | Business Insider
- New minority gov't brings political tension in Portugal... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump tangles with CNN's Chris Cuomo over the 'disgusting' media and his... | Business Insider
- Cisco teams up with robot company so it can watch hundreds of robots on factory floors (CSCO) | Business Insider
- Rio Olympics cutting costs with Brazil deep in recession | Business Insider
- I just 'dipped' my credit card for the first time since the US adopted new... | Business Insider