NOAH Movie: White People, Where did son Ham go?
Noah's blacksheep son Ham played Logan Lerman by did have a wife and she was on the ark. Why was there only white people? You telling me Ham and his brothers eventually started every other race on earth, really?
HAM, HAM, HAM
According to the Hebrew Bible, Ham was one of the sons of Noah and the father of Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan, who are interpreted as having populated Africa and adjoining parts of Asia.
After the flood, we see Noah separated from his family and, in despair, getting hammered. In the Bible, Noah gets hammered, too, though it’s not clear it’s in despair. The Bible also leaves some ambiguity as to what happens while Noah is passed out naked. We find out that “Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.” What exactly the younger son (presumably Ham) did is unclear—in the Bible, seeing someone’s nakedness is often translated to mean having sex with them, and there are some who interpret this to mean that Ham sodomised his father—but Noah curses Ham’s descendants because of it, saying they will be servants to Shem and Japheth’s descendants. Although the story can be taken literally, in more recent times, some scholars have suggested that Ham may have had intercourse with his father's wife. Under this interpretation, Canaan is cursed as the "product of Ham's illicit union.
In an interview with The Higher Calling, Noah screenwriter Ari Handel spoke about the reasoning behind the lack of racial diversity in the cast.
“From the beginning, we were concerned about casting, the issue of race. What we realized is that this story is functioning at the level of myth, and as a mythical story, the race of the individuals doesn’t matter. They’re supposed to be stand-ins for all people. Either you end up with a Bennetton ad or the crew of the Starship Enterprise. You either try to put everything in there, which just calls attention to it, or you just say, ‘Let’s make that not a factor, because we’re trying to deal with everyman.’ Looking at this story through that kind of lens is the same as saying, ‘Would the ark float and is it big enough to get all the species in there?’ That’s irrelevant to the questions because the questions are operating on a different plane than that; they’re operating on the mythical plane.”
In other words, they danced around the issue of only putting white people in the movie. Thus we are to believe that we all came from Russell Crowe, which explains why we like fighting so much:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year | Financial Sense
- Futures Rebound As Crude Regains $45 On Canada Fears; Turkey Hammered | ZeroHedge
- The ECB Just Admitted QE and NIRP Cannot Produce Growth | ZeroHedge
- The Beginning Of The End For Cruz? Here Are Five Things To Watch For In Indiana Today | ZeroHedge
- Why Is Tesla Short Interest Near All Time High: Each Car Is "Valued" At $620,000, And More | ZeroHedge
- Exit the Dragon – China’s Debt Is Everyone’s Problem | Financial Sense
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This high schooler was told to wear her vice principal’s tuxedo jacket over her... | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch is winning in the battle of fitness trackers | Business Insider
- One of the most powerful women on Wall Street told us this is the most important... | Business Insider
- Be more productive on the go with this Bluetooth keyboard that can... | Business Insider
- Researchers had insane plans to build artificial hearts fueled by... | Business Insider
- We did a blind taste test of popular hot sauces — here... | Business Insider
- Female soldiers have created a 30-woman unit to fight ISIS in Iraq | Business Insider