More Stocks Tank to 52-week Lows
Another day, another crap day on the market with stocks falling like rocks. Today noteable mentions of good companies hitting 52-week lows include Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY), Denny's (DENN), and the once hot Fitbit Inc (FIT).
Fitbit (FIT) shares fell to $20.25 today before recovering to $21.50. The company dissapointed the Street on Tuesday and shares fell off the cliff. FIT shares have fallen 28% since Tuesday. Since summer FIT shares have been cut in half.
Fitbit shares have tanked even more than the rest of the huge market decline since the start of the year because of a class action lawsuit against the company. The lawsuit claims that the heart rates reported by the devices are inaccurate. In a statement to Ars Technica, a Fitbit spokesperson explained that Fitbit devices were not intended to be scientific or medical devices. The company stands by its heart rate technology, according to the spokesperson, and believes that the lawsuit has no merit.
Needless to say this could be a great entry point for those who have watched FIT since it's IPO last June.
In other 52-week low news DENN hit $9.15 and BBBY hit $46.37 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- Trump Warns Democrats "Obamacare Will Die Soon Without 'Big Money'" | ZeroHedge
- The Tax Cuts are Coming! It’s the Stock Trader Weekly Recap. | FundMyMutualFund
- Dollar Breaks Below Key Technical Support, Hits 5-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- One Trader Is Surprised At Market Euphoria From A "Result That Was Everybody's Base Case" | ZeroHedge
- Confronting Russophobia | ZeroHedge
- These Are The Tallest Buildings In Each State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New report finds ISIS' caliphate 'is on a path to collapse' | Business Insider
- Few clues emerge about the human damage caused by the... | Business Insider
- North Korea threatens to 'wipe out' the US as the USS Carl... | Business Insider
- An elite university is offering a fast-track program for tech leaders that'... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Here's what it was like to drive the Ford Focus RS with The Stig from 'Top Gear... | Business Insider
- Philippine Lawyer: Rodrigo Duterte's drug war is '... | Business Insider