Back to the Steak Nacho Good Stocks
We check in on our stocks we labeled as 'steak nacho good' and add one more to the mix. Making the cut are Ford Motor (F), Dendreon Corp (DNDN), McDonald's Corp (MCD), and Xerox Corp. (XRX).
Since we last checked in on these tasty stocks Ford (F) shares have gained back 4.8%. Dendreon (DNDN) got beat-up even more and now trade at $4.63 a share. McDonald's (MCD) hasn't moved and is still kicking ass just 5% away from its 12 month high. We wanted to find a diverse batch of stocks that could provide some stability and excitement for the rest of trading in 2012.
Mastery likes Ford and McDonald's for their annual dividend yields, 2% and 3% respectively. Dendreon is a shot in the dark with its uber expensive drug Provenge. The company just blew its Q2 earnings call and plans to cut $150 million from its expenses (that means firing 600 people).
Enter boring ol' Xerox Corp (XRX) which is at $7.17 a share and 11% from its 52-week low. Xerox pays a 2.4% dividend yield and its only moved from the low $6 range to the high $8 range in the past year. Nobody is looking at this stock and why would you, what is sexy about Xerox? The company just increased its bottom line by earning 89 cents versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus 89 cents). XRX trades with a great P/E ratio of 7.4 and could be a great steady play for the rest of 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
These 4 stocks make a quick diverse grouping that could prove top be as good as steak nachos.
In order of least risk Mastery recommends the following: F, MCD, XRX, and gamble with DNDN.
4 STEAK NACHO GOOD STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The War In Afghanistan Is A Good Thing (If You're A Drug-Dealer) | ZeroHedge
- France Escalates - Sends Aircraft Carrier To Fight ISIS | ZeroHedge
- July 26-27 – The Fed Will Put Us on Notice for a September 20-21 Rate Hike | Financial Sense
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- US Futures Rebound Despite Global Stock Weakness As USDJPY Ramps HIgher | ZeroHedge
- America Needs A Good, Old-Fashioned Economic Depression | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama issues point-by-point rebuttal to Trump's RNC speech | Business Insider
- America's steakhouses are getting girlier | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 6 things to know when refinancing a car loan | Business Insider
- ‘Mark my words’: Republican pollster Frank Luntz makes mammoth... | Business Insider
- A 23-year-old filmmaker converted a van into a studio to travel the US in search of great... | Business Insider
- Here's why your saliva won't quench your thirst when it's hot... | Business Insider