Back to the Steak Nacho Good Stocks
We check in on our stocks we labeled as 'steak nacho good' and add one more to the mix. Making the cut are Ford Motor (F), Dendreon Corp (DNDN), McDonald's Corp (MCD), and Xerox Corp. (XRX).
Since we last checked in on these tasty stocks Ford (F) shares have gained back 4.8%. Dendreon (DNDN) got beat-up even more and now trade at $4.63 a share. McDonald's (MCD) hasn't moved and is still kicking ass just 5% away from its 12 month high. We wanted to find a diverse batch of stocks that could provide some stability and excitement for the rest of trading in 2012.
Mastery likes Ford and McDonald's for their annual dividend yields, 2% and 3% respectively. Dendreon is a shot in the dark with its uber expensive drug Provenge. The company just blew its Q2 earnings call and plans to cut $150 million from its expenses (that means firing 600 people).
Enter boring ol' Xerox Corp (XRX) which is at $7.17 a share and 11% from its 52-week low. Xerox pays a 2.4% dividend yield and its only moved from the low $6 range to the high $8 range in the past year. Nobody is looking at this stock and why would you, what is sexy about Xerox? The company just increased its bottom line by earning 89 cents versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus 89 cents). XRX trades with a great P/E ratio of 7.4 and could be a great steady play for the rest of 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
These 4 stocks make a quick diverse grouping that could prove top be as good as steak nachos.
In order of least risk Mastery recommends the following: F, MCD, XRX, and gamble with DNDN.
4 STEAK NACHO GOOD STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- July New Home Sales Soar to 12.4% Month-over-Month, Surprises Forecast | Financial Sense
- Recent Surge In Inner-City Heroin Overdoses "Unlike Anything We've Seen Before" | ZeroHedge
- Black Panther Party Leader Blasts Billary: "Democrats Are Pimping Us Politically, Promising Everything, Giving Nothing" | ZeroHedge
- Capitalism Works If Government Would Just Get Out of the Way! | Financial Sense
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- How Many Monitors Does The Co-CEO Of The World's Biggest Hedge Fund Need | ZeroHedge
- A Typical Pattern Shows We’re Headed for Recession | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Payment technology firm NCR launches new consulting... | Business Insider
- Native ads will drive 74% of all ad revenue by 2021 | Business Insider
- Obama administration's $400 million cash payment to Iran... | Business Insider
- 10 rookie mistakes people make when booking a flight | Business Insider
- There will be 24 billion IoT devices installed on Earth... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is missing the real threat | Business Insider
- Turkish air strikes in Syria reportedly kill 25... | Business Insider