Back to the Steak Nacho Good Stocks
We check in on our stocks we labeled as 'steak nacho good' and add one more to the mix. Making the cut are Ford Motor (F), Dendreon Corp (DNDN), McDonald's Corp (MCD), and Xerox Corp. (XRX).
Since we last checked in on these tasty stocks Ford (F) shares have gained back 4.8%. Dendreon (DNDN) got beat-up even more and now trade at $4.63 a share. McDonald's (MCD) hasn't moved and is still kicking ass just 5% away from its 12 month high. We wanted to find a diverse batch of stocks that could provide some stability and excitement for the rest of trading in 2012.
Mastery likes Ford and McDonald's for their annual dividend yields, 2% and 3% respectively. Dendreon is a shot in the dark with its uber expensive drug Provenge. The company just blew its Q2 earnings call and plans to cut $150 million from its expenses (that means firing 600 people).
Enter boring ol' Xerox Corp (XRX) which is at $7.17 a share and 11% from its 52-week low. Xerox pays a 2.4% dividend yield and its only moved from the low $6 range to the high $8 range in the past year. Nobody is looking at this stock and why would you, what is sexy about Xerox? The company just increased its bottom line by earning 89 cents versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus 89 cents). XRX trades with a great P/E ratio of 7.4 and could be a great steady play for the rest of 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
These 4 stocks make a quick diverse grouping that could prove top be as good as steak nachos.
In order of least risk Mastery recommends the following: F, MCD, XRX, and gamble with DNDN.
4 STEAK NACHO GOOD STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It’s Finally Morning Again In America, And A New Day For Our Country Starts Now | ZeroHedge
- In Stunning Admission, Draghi Says A Country Can Leave Eurozone But Must "Settle Bill First" | ZeroHedge
- Madonna: "I Have Thought An Awful Lot About Blowing Up The White House" | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: A December Bounce | Financial Sense
- The Audacity of Trump: Can He Succeed In Spite Of An Establishment That Wants Him To Fail | ZeroHedge
- Why A Bitcoin ETF May Not Be Coming Any Time Soon | ZeroHedge
- How The New York Times Plays With History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 17 photos of the stunning inaugural ball gowns worn by first ladies over... | Business Insider
- Here's how much an... | Business Insider
- Watch protesters and Trump supporters get into a fiery argument on... | Business Insider
- Animated map shows the 143 counties where half of the US lives | Business Insider
- EINHORN: Here's how to play the Trump presidency | Business Insider
- Here are the things we can't get enough of this week | Business Insider
- Justice Department: Jared Kushner cleared to serve as White House... | Business Insider