Back to the Steak Nacho Good Stocks
We check in on our stocks we labeled as 'steak nacho good' and add one more to the mix. Making the cut are Ford Motor (F), Dendreon Corp (DNDN), McDonald's Corp (MCD), and Xerox Corp. (XRX).
Since we last checked in on these tasty stocks Ford (F) shares have gained back 4.8%. Dendreon (DNDN) got beat-up even more and now trade at $4.63 a share. McDonald's (MCD) hasn't moved and is still kicking ass just 5% away from its 12 month high. We wanted to find a diverse batch of stocks that could provide some stability and excitement for the rest of trading in 2012.
Mastery likes Ford and McDonald's for their annual dividend yields, 2% and 3% respectively. Dendreon is a shot in the dark with its uber expensive drug Provenge. The company just blew its Q2 earnings call and plans to cut $150 million from its expenses (that means firing 600 people).
Enter boring ol' Xerox Corp (XRX) which is at $7.17 a share and 11% from its 52-week low. Xerox pays a 2.4% dividend yield and its only moved from the low $6 range to the high $8 range in the past year. Nobody is looking at this stock and why would you, what is sexy about Xerox? The company just increased its bottom line by earning 89 cents versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus 89 cents). XRX trades with a great P/E ratio of 7.4 and could be a great steady play for the rest of 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
These 4 stocks make a quick diverse grouping that could prove top be as good as steak nachos.
In order of least risk Mastery recommends the following: F, MCD, XRX, and gamble with DNDN.
4 STEAK NACHO GOOD STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile In Socialist Utopia... | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Warns Increase In Terrorism Due To Global Warming | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Obama "Using Same Nonsense As Putin" | ZeroHedge
- Warning Shots Fired At OSCE Mission In Crimea; Russia Warns Of Treaty Force Majeure Over "Unfriendly NATO Threats" | ZeroHedge
- A Lackluster Start to the Year | Financial Sense
- Ken Rogoff: Is This As Good As It Gets For This Generation? | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- A 25-Year Timeline Of The World Wide Web | Business Insider
- I ♥ New York Logo Designer Made A Gorgeous Psychedelic 'Mad Men' Season 7 Poster | Business Insider
- Here's How Tesla Is Doing in China | TheStreet.com
- The Pentagon Has A Team Studying The Body Language Of World Leaders To Predict Their Behavior | Business Insider
- San Francisco Billionaire Tells The Tech Industry: Don't Be 'The Wolf... | Business Insider
- ROUBINI: 'Bitcoin Is A Ponzi Game And A... | Business Insider