Back to the Steak Nacho Good Stocks
We check in on our stocks we labeled as 'steak nacho good' and add one more to the mix. Making the cut are Ford Motor (F), Dendreon Corp (DNDN), McDonald's Corp (MCD), and Xerox Corp. (XRX).
Since we last checked in on these tasty stocks Ford (F) shares have gained back 4.8%. Dendreon (DNDN) got beat-up even more and now trade at $4.63 a share. McDonald's (MCD) hasn't moved and is still kicking ass just 5% away from its 12 month high. We wanted to find a diverse batch of stocks that could provide some stability and excitement for the rest of trading in 2012.
Mastery likes Ford and McDonald's for their annual dividend yields, 2% and 3% respectively. Dendreon is a shot in the dark with its uber expensive drug Provenge. The company just blew its Q2 earnings call and plans to cut $150 million from its expenses (that means firing 600 people).
Enter boring ol' Xerox Corp (XRX) which is at $7.17 a share and 11% from its 52-week low. Xerox pays a 2.4% dividend yield and its only moved from the low $6 range to the high $8 range in the past year. Nobody is looking at this stock and why would you, what is sexy about Xerox? The company just increased its bottom line by earning 89 cents versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus 89 cents). XRX trades with a great P/E ratio of 7.4 and could be a great steady play for the rest of 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
These 4 stocks make a quick diverse grouping that could prove top be as good as steak nachos.
In order of least risk Mastery recommends the following: F, MCD, XRX, and gamble with DNDN.
4 STEAK NACHO GOOD STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Something's Not Right | ZeroHedge
- America's In A Drugged Stupor | ZeroHedge
- Soft Data Economic Reports Are Meaningless (Video) | ZeroHedge
- President Trump's Address To Congress: Key Highlights And Full Text | ZeroHedge
- Blockchain, Fiat Currencies, and the Fall of Monopolies | Financial Sense
- Trump’s Speech, Europe Elections, and Political Soapbox Opera | Financial Sense
- What To Watch For In President Trump's Address To Congress | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2 of the largest local TV station owners in... | Business Insider
- Foam no longer cleans the way it used to — here's why | Business Insider
- A startup focused on detecting cancer set up by a 28-year... | Business Insider
- 12 famous people who have zero interest in computers, social media, or the internet... | Business Insider
- I've written about a bunch of great smart-home tech, but these are the gadgets I use... | Business Insider
- Uber's SVP of engineering steps down over sexual-harassment... | Business Insider
- The stock market just did something it hadn't done in at... | Business Insider