Back to the Steak Nacho Good Stocks
We check in on our stocks we labeled as 'steak nacho good' and add one more to the mix. Making the cut are Ford Motor (F), Dendreon Corp (DNDN), McDonald's Corp (MCD), and Xerox Corp. (XRX).
Since we last checked in on these tasty stocks Ford (F) shares have gained back 4.8%. Dendreon (DNDN) got beat-up even more and now trade at $4.63 a share. McDonald's (MCD) hasn't moved and is still kicking ass just 5% away from its 12 month high. We wanted to find a diverse batch of stocks that could provide some stability and excitement for the rest of trading in 2012.
Mastery likes Ford and McDonald's for their annual dividend yields, 2% and 3% respectively. Dendreon is a shot in the dark with its uber expensive drug Provenge. The company just blew its Q2 earnings call and plans to cut $150 million from its expenses (that means firing 600 people).
Enter boring ol' Xerox Corp (XRX) which is at $7.17 a share and 11% from its 52-week low. Xerox pays a 2.4% dividend yield and its only moved from the low $6 range to the high $8 range in the past year. Nobody is looking at this stock and why would you, what is sexy about Xerox? The company just increased its bottom line by earning 89 cents versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus 89 cents). XRX trades with a great P/E ratio of 7.4 and could be a great steady play for the rest of 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
These 4 stocks make a quick diverse grouping that could prove top be as good as steak nachos.
In order of least risk Mastery recommends the following: F, MCD, XRX, and gamble with DNDN.
4 STEAK NACHO GOOD STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: The Federal Reserve Is At The Heart Of The Debt Enslavement System That Dominates Our Lives | ZeroHedge
- PLaNeS, LaMeBRaiNS AND BaNKSTeR SCHLeMieLS... | ZeroHedge
- Core Durable Orders Drop Most Since Polar Vortex, Core CapEx Lowest Since May | ZeroHedge
- Explosive Excrement Topples Building In China, 15 Injured | ZeroHedge
- Ferguson Fatality: Black Male In 20s Found Burned & Shot Dead In Trunk Of Car | ZeroHedge
- Fortunes Will be Made | iBankCoin.com
- Oil Plunges As Venezuela Hints No Output Reduction | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Top 10 Holiday Toys for Boys: What Parents Are Buying | TheStreet.com
- Amazon Has Holiday Discounts On Its Kindles, TV Streaming Stick, And Smartphone... | Business Insider
- Consumer spending helps Germany skirt recession in Q3 | Business Insider
- 15 Successful Entrepreneurs Share The Best Advice They Ever Got | Business Insider
- 11 Things You Never Knew About Thanksgiving | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Pepsi Has a Plan to Boost Its Beverage Business With Innovation | TheStreet.com