UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- How Good Decision Making can Save Your Ass | ZeroHedge
- With A Market Cap Of $168 Billion, Alibaba Is Bigger Than... | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Capital Herding Into the U.S., Likely to Push Dollar, Stocks Higher Into Next Year | Financial Sense
- Gold - Watch the €1000 Level | Financial Sense
- Russell & Trannies Give Up FOMC Gains, Bond Yields Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, In Front Of Apple Stores In New York And Around The World... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Indonesian Aceh proposes 100 lashes for gay sex | Business Insider
- We Tried To Get The iPhone 6 Without Waiting In A Ridiculously Long Line | Business Insider
- Here's A Quick Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Right Now | Business Insider
- 13 Things You Can Stop Wasting Money On | Business Insider
- Alex Salmond Concedes With These Impossible Words: 'We Shall Go Forward, As One... | Business Insider
- Bordeaux down hapless Evian to go top | Business Insider
- Bill Gates Is At Least $6 Billion Richer Than He Was Six Months Ago, But Not... | Business Insider