UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hugh Hendry Live 1: "It Felt Like The Sun Only Rose To Humiliate Me" | ZeroHedge
- Trend Changes and the Dangers of Crying Wolf | Financial Sense
- A Major Bell is Ringing… But Investors Are Deaf to Its Warning | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed Explodes To 21 Year Highs, Beats By 10 Standard Deviations | ZeroHedge
- A Quick Look At Goldman's Takeover Of The US Judicial System: NY Fed Edition | ZeroHedge
- Gold Tops $1200 As China Cuts, Draghi Jawbones | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- GOLDMAN: Here Are The 32 Best Stocks For 2015 | Business Insider
- Cuddlr Co-founder: Here's The Difference Between Tinder And Our... | Business Insider
- Airbus set to sign $14 bn deal with Delta for 50 planes | Business Insider
- Here's What Happened When Steve Jobs Called Jon Stewart After He Made Fun... | Business Insider
- Craigslist Slammed On National TV For Selling... | Business Insider
- Someone Invented A Watch That Can Shoot Real Lasers — And You Need To See It In Action To Believe It | Business Insider