UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- An "Under The Radar" Trump Trade Unwind | ZeroHedge
- Elon Musk Launches Company To Hook Up People To Computers | ZeroHedge
- Leaving The EU's Customs Union Is The Only Logical Step For A Truly "Global Britain" | ZeroHedge
- Paul Ryan "Begged On One Knee" For Obamacare Repeal Vote | ZeroHedge
- The Robots Win: Blackrock Bets On Computers Over Human Stock Pickers, Fires Dozens | ZeroHedge
- Dow Opens Down Over 700 Points From Highs, Breaks Key Technical Support | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Getting Ready for a BIG Move; Risk to the Downside | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The next Republican fights could be even worse than its one over healthcare | Business Insider
- Bitcoin is taking off | Business Insider
- Mugabe's Zimbabwe gets busy creating 'fiction money' | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers: Why we now know Trump's dealmaking skills are... | Business Insider
- Miami's spectacular condo-flipping market is in turmoil | Business Insider
- Spotify has acquired video discovery startup MightyTV — a sign it's about to go big on... | Business Insider