UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Three Drivers of the Capital Markets in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- How China's Currency Policies Will Change the World | Financial Sense
- Gold Set for Best Month Since January as Stock Market Rout Lifts Safe Haven | ZeroHedge
- Do You Feel Lucky? | ZeroHedge
- Did The Fed Intentionally Spark A Commodity Sell-off? | ZeroHedge
- Austrian Economics Is Now Equivalent To Terrorism Thanks To Latest Islamic State "Gold Standard" Propaganda Clip | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia's Stock Market Just Logged Its Worst Month Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New York Post reporter goes undercover as one of Times... | Business Insider
- Last Titanic lunch menu, saved by survivor, going to... | Business Insider
- Gold hunters blocked from site of alleged Nazi gold train... | Business Insider
- Horror legend Wes Craven dies of brain cancer | Business Insider
- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76 | Business Insider
- The 'George Clooney Effect' explains why younger women often pair up... | Business Insider
- French sailors end Calais port blockade | Business Insider