UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What A Wonderful Day | iBankCoin.com
- France Considers Forcing Google to Disclose Search Algorithm; Too Much Satisfaction! | Financial Sense
- Dow Dumps 400 Points, Gives Up All Post-Payrolls Gains | ZeroHedge
- The Changing World Of Work 5: "Human Robots" and High-Level Skills | ZeroHedge
- Bloomberg Service Now Fully Restored | ZeroHedge
- Congress Is Trying To Reauthorize Key Patriot Act Provisions by Sneaking it Into 'USA Freedom Act' | ZeroHedge
- SCeNe ON SKYPe... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New round of Iran nuclear talks April 22-23 in Vienna: EU... | Business Insider
- War of words as Armenians fight for genocide... | Business Insider
- Carmakers race to China auto show despite market slowdown... | Business Insider
- George Lucas has not seen the new 'Star Wars' trailer | Business Insider
- Bloomberg says terminals hit by global breakdown | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, MCD, NFLX, PM... | Business Insider
- The Warriors refused to trade Klay Thompson and gave him $69 million instead, and it was a genius... | Business Insider