UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
- 20-Year CBS News Veteran Details Massive Censorship And Propaganda In Mainstream Media | ZeroHedge
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Japan Reacts to Worsening Fukushima Disaster By ... Reopening Nuclear Plant Next to Active Volcano Which Is About to Blow | ZeroHedge
- You Should Be on Drugs | iBankCoin.com
- The One Table That Explains Why There No Longer Is Any Treasury Liquidity | ZeroHedge
- The M&A Gift That Keeps On Giving: Mass Layoffs Coming To A Tim Hortons Near You | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Israel police kill Palestinian after attack on hardliner... | Business Insider
- BILL CLINTON: Republicans Are Trying To... | Business Insider
- The Group That Everyone Thought Wanted To Destroy Apple Pay Has Changed Its Tune (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Umbrella-shaped ultramarathon to support Hong Kong... | Business Insider
- German Unemployment Takes An Unexpected Plunge | Business Insider
- Striking Photographs Show The Accidental Beauty Of Brooklyn's Toxic... | Business Insider