UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Secrets Of Self-Employment: Overhead And Capital Accumulation | ZeroHedge
- The US Military Lied To Thousands Of Soldiers (And Now Veterans Are Paying for It) | ZeroHedge
- Trump: "Hillary's Plan For Syria Would Lead to World War III" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 24 | ZeroHedge
- The Rise Of The Politics Of Rage | ZeroHedge
- America’s “Pivot to Asia” May Be Over | Financial Sense
- Bundesbank Confirms HFTs Reduce Liquidity, Contribute To Flash Crashes, Withdraw At Times Of "Market Stress" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOLDMAN SACHS CEO: I support Hillary Clinton | Business Insider
- The psychological formula that Google uses to build the perfect team | Business Insider
- 9 tech trends that will make billions of dollars starting in 2017 | Business Insider
- 'You can take that baby at 9 months': Trump keeps repeating... | Business Insider
- First task for Spain's new government: Clear the... | Business Insider
- Tesla could roll out its ride-sharing... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek