UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Huge BOJ Disappointment, Global Stocks Rise, US Equity Futures Flat As Yen Soars | ZeroHedge
- Tale of Two Economies: Industrial vs. Consumer | Financial Sense
- Big Miss on US GDP; What to Watch If Things Are Heading South | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank: "There Is An Element Of Torture To The FOMC Cycle In This Broken Financial System" | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: How the US Recovery Stacks Up | Financial Sense
- Credit Suisse: We Have Never Had So Many Traders Saying "We Are Totally Lost" | ZeroHedge
- Democrats Skewer Trump With Barrage Of "Burns" Which He Brushes Off As "Empty Rhetoric" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is what separates the Excel masters from the wannabes | Business Insider
- Trevor Noah: Why Donald Trump's ties to Russia are so dangerous | Business Insider
- 21 things you should never say when you meet someone new | Business Insider
- Here’s what eggs look like after different cooking times | Business Insider
- 7 questions to ask yourself before buying a second home | Business Insider
- Former reporters at the International Business Times are blasting the company's business practices... | Business Insider
- See what it's like to eat at the wildly popular fast-food chain that was endorsed by the world's... | Business Insider