UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US Shale Oil Industry Will Simply Vanish | ZeroHedge
- Does Today's Big Employment Miss Signal Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- An Up Close And Personal Look At The Russian Firepower Deployed In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Yuan Rising: China Surpasses Japan To Claim Number Four Spot In Most Used Global Currencies | ZeroHedge
- Last Two Times this Happened, the US Was Falling into a Recession | ZeroHedge
- Syria Ground War Imminent? U.S. Accuses Russia Of Launching Syrian Land Campaign | ZeroHedge
- What Will Happen To Oil Prices When China Fills Its SPR? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'The Walking Dead' is finally going to answer a question... | Business Insider
- Marijuana pesticide flap brings consumer lawsuit in... | Business Insider
- Doctors Without Borders leaves Afghan city after... | Business Insider
- Grateful Dead, John Mayer giving away 10K tickets to NY... | Business Insider
- Arian Foster fumbles when a teammate punches the ball loose in a play that sums... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Turkey says 3 million more may leave Syria | Business Insider
- US government deports fewest immigrants in nearly a... | Business Insider