UPDATE: Best Summer Movies for 2014
The last time we talked summer movies the best movie of our generation was not released.
Recall the films of Best Summer Movies 2014 to see in Theatres.
Now the movie that is being held as "Star Wars for this Generation" is in theatres. Marvel has upped the ante we heart them for their efforts and risk taking. It had the biggest opening day gross for any film in 2014. The movie we speak of is...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’sCaptain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.
Here is the latest extended trailer for GOTG
You don't have to leave the house to view it. It can be watched from your On-Demand feature from which ever cable company you have. The movie is being tested for a dual release (Theatres and TV On-Demand). Snowpiercer’ has already hit $3.8 Million on VOD as Weinstein Co. Shakes Up Distribution.
Slashfilm says the critics seem to agree on a few points: 1) that Snowpierceris very, very dark, 2) that it’s so dark it could turn off movie ticket buyers, and 3) that it’s freakin’ fantastic. Read the reviews.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Singapore Global Gold Hub Cometh - Launches Kilo Bar Contract And Gold ATMs | ZeroHedge
- ISM Biggest Miss Since January: Orders Tumble, Employment Slides, Backlogs Contract, Construction Spending Negative | ZeroHedge
- I Like My Coffee Like I Like My Ebola… | iBankCoin.com
- Meet The 17-Year-Old Leader Of The Hong Kong Protests | ZeroHedge
- Rick Santelli Slams Central Bank Intervention For "Taking The Voters Out Of The Game" | ZeroHedge
- These Are The Warships Attacking Syrian Militants From Afar | ZeroHedge
- Japan Stunned After Biggest Ever, $617 Billion "Fat Finger" Trading Error Slams Stocks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pellegrini rues carelessness as Roma hold City | Business Insider
- The US Is Setting Aside Nuclear Weapons For Potential Defense Against... | Business Insider
- DirecTV Reaches Agreement With NFL On 'Sunday Ticket,' Keeps AT... | Business Insider
- India celebrates good over evil at popular Hindu festival... | Business Insider
- Here's A Quick Guide To What Traders Are Talking About This Morning (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (ORCL, MSFT, EBAY) | Business Insider
- After Missing Targets, Cisco Cuts John Chambers Pay To $16.5 Million (CSCO) | Business Insider