DirecTV CEO Chase Carey and his Moustache are leaving as Liberty merger nears
DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) is losing CEO Chase Carey to its old owner, News Corp. (NASDAQ:NWS), just as the satellite broadcaster readies to merge with an offshoot of John Malone’s Liberty Media Corp. (NASDAQ:LMDIB). So what sealed the deal? An amazing Moustache.
Mr. Carey, 55 years old, succeeds President and Chief Operating Officer Peter Chernin, who is leaving the company when his contract expires at the end of June. Mr. Carey will assume the same titles, effective July 1. News Corp. said Mr. Carey is expected to join the company's board as deputy chairman.
Mr. Carey's return continues the News Corp. executive shuffle sparked by the February disclosure of Mr. Chernin's departure. Mr. Chernin, a well-regarded executive, oversees News Corp.'s television and film production and serves as Mr. Murdoch's point man for Wall Street.
Mr. Carey's departure comes at an important juncture at DirecTV. Liberty Media Corp., the conglomerate controlled by cable mogul John Malone, last year acquired effective control of the satellite broadcaster. Liberty recently disclosed plans to put its DirecTV stake and other assets into a separate public company.
The most important news of all? The Masters are looking forward to watching Chase Carey's moustache evolve, here's a recap:
The Early Days
What we have to look forward to -- The Golden Years
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dollar Index Nears Crucial Line In The Sand | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands: Moderate Parties Hold Onto Power | Financial Sense
- Did Artificial Intelligence Deny You Credit? | Financial Sense
- NOW Can We Admit the War On Terror Has Failed? | ZeroHedge
- Shia LaBeouf Flees To Britain Because "America Is Not Safe Enough" For Anti-Trump Exhibit | ZeroHedge
- 30Y Treasury Yield Tumbles Below 3.00% - Lowest Since February | ZeroHedge
- The Best Way To Learn About Stocks… | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Many American Muslims fear for their safety under... | Business Insider
- The droid from 'Rogue One' almost had a much different fate | Business Insider
- 2 of the best vacuums anyone can get for under $100 | Business Insider
- Check out the abandoned New Jersey military base where a... | Business Insider
- The meeting that led to the creation of ISIS, as explained by an... | Business Insider
- A Marine explains the 4 steps to earning people's trust | Business Insider
- Trumpcare is causing Wall Street to question Trump... | Business Insider