Case of the Monday's: What to Trade
Sunday night and stocks in Asia are falling thanks to the EU uncertainty. That means a return of volatility could become the norm next week. Thus cue the ProShares UltraShort FTSE China 25 ETF (FXP) and he iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX).
Getting ready to start the week and after reading this crap, its going to set the stage for the week. Asian stocks are taking it on the chin on a concern that talks to resolve Europe’s debt crisis are deadlocked, curbing the earnings outlook for exporters. Back here at home we are concerned about Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner). A downgrade by Moody's before we hit the 'Fiscal Cliff' could kill stocks to the point of extinction.
Now that the VXX is trading at its bottom its time to think about adding some as a hedge for the coming week's destructive headlines. Throw on a little FXP and you got yourself a party for a bearish trend.
Trades for the EU Mess
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Vice Spending Slows, Unless You’ve Got the Herb | Financial Sense
- IBM Reports Worst Sales Since 2002; EPS Beats On Aggressive Buybacks, Cut In Tax Rate | ZeroHedge
- Oil Slips On Saudi Record Production Promise, Specs Pile In But Blackstone Skeptical | ZeroHedge
- Greece May Sign Russia Gas Deal As Soon As Today | ZeroHedge
- David Einhorn Is "Adding More Shorts", Has A Question For Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
- Well, Well, Well, Look What We Have Here? | iBankCoin.com
- The Crowning Glory Of Keynesianism | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It has been a historic year for biotech mergers and it might not be over yet (TEVA, MYL... | Business Insider
- This is how you get free coffee at... | Business Insider
- Captain's error, overcrowding caused migrant ship... | Business Insider
- The ECB is NOT planning to cut Greek banks off... | Business Insider
- New York man gets 25 years in jail for trying... | Business Insider
- Here's how Batman's suit will look in 'Batman V Superman' | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek