Case of the Monday's: What to Trade
Sunday night and stocks in Asia are falling thanks to the EU uncertainty. That means a return of volatility could become the norm next week. Thus cue the ProShares UltraShort FTSE China 25 ETF (FXP) and he iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX).
Getting ready to start the week and after reading this crap, its going to set the stage for the week. Asian stocks are taking it on the chin on a concern that talks to resolve Europe’s debt crisis are deadlocked, curbing the earnings outlook for exporters. Back here at home we are concerned about Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner). A downgrade by Moody's before we hit the 'Fiscal Cliff' could kill stocks to the point of extinction.
Now that the VXX is trading at its bottom its time to think about adding some as a hedge for the coming week's destructive headlines. Throw on a little FXP and you got yourself a party for a bearish trend.
Trades for the EU Mess
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bad News Piles On For Hedge Fund Hotel SunEdison: First $315MM Margin Call, Now Mass Layoffs | ZeroHedge
- Yuan Rising: China Surpasses Japan To Claim Number Four Spot In Most Used Global Currencies | ZeroHedge
- China's President Confirms Practice Of Moving Official Reserve Assets To Other Entities In China | ZeroHedge
- The Bond Market Isn't Buying The Euphoria In These Ten Stocks | ZeroHedge
- There Will Be Blood - Part II | ZeroHedge
- Valeant Plunges 10% Amid Exposure Of "Astronomical" Price Increases | ZeroHedge
- Bulls Beware: Days After Calling For Bear Market, Gartman Declares The "Bearish Run In Global Stocks Is Over" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- In Yemeni city, blast rocks hotel with government... | Business Insider
- 19 books to read if you want to get rich | Business Insider
- European ministers confront Greece on daunting bailout | Business Insider
- Glencore shares are sinking as European markets open | Business Insider
- Protesting workers force Air France managers to flee | Business Insider
- Jack Dorsey is the best (and maybe only) choice for Twitter CEO (TWTR) | Business Insider
- 'Steve Jobs' tries to turn the biopic formula on its head — and fails | Business Insider