Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Key Events In The Coming Extremely Busy Week | ZeroHedge
- Nomura First Major Bank to Predict China Default; BIS Sounds Alarm | Financial Sense
- Japan: Government Re-Evaluates Its Economic Calculations | Financial Sense
- 'Angry' Davids Vs. 'Complacent' Goliaths: Social Revolution Looms | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price Heads for Another $75 Quarterly Gain as Fed Holds Rates, UN Warns of 'Crisis Part 3' | Financial Sense
- "It's Serious Business" - Trump VP Pence Confirms Bill Clinton's Ex-Girlfriend "Will Not Be At Debate" | ZeroHedge
- Eric Peters: "In The End, Central Banking Monetary Magic Is All Nonsense, Empty Formulas, Illusions" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft and Adobe are teaming up against Salesforce and Oracle (CRM, MSFT, ADBE) | Business Insider
- Jack Nicklaus wrote a touching tribute to Arnold Palmer | Business Insider
- There's a new algorithm that will alert Wall Streeters... | Business Insider
- The best thing to eat at every major baseball stadium in the US | Business Insider
- The moment one of the most powerful women in banking noticed... | Business Insider
- THE BLOCKCHAIN REPORT: Why the technology behind Bitcoin is seeing widespread investment and early... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek