Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hysteria on the Left Over Russia Has Reached a Fevered Pitch | ZeroHedge
- Sugar Is at the Heart of America's Health Problems | Financial Sense
- Art Bubble Pops As Sales Crash To Lowest Level Since 'Great Recession' | ZeroHedge
- Hawkier Fed, Drowning Oil, and Insiders Jumping Ship | Financial Sense
- Mexico's Finance Minister Warns Mexican Companies "Not To Participate In Construction Of The Wall" | ZeroHedge
- Will Thursday's Final TLTRO Finally Spark Carry Trades? | ZeroHedge
- How Antonio Lee Snuck A Fake $3.6 Trillion Acquisition Past The SEC | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rex Tillerson on his role as Trump's secretary of state: 'I didn... | Business Insider
- 'His budget is contrary to African-American interests... | Business Insider
- A startup selling 'bloody' plant-based burgers has a new factory that can make 4... | Business Insider
- US forces just went behind enemy lines in Syria to cut off ISIS’ only escape route | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Inside a $20M apartment in one of the new luxury buildings changing NYC's... | Business Insider
- These haunting photos of the retail apocalypse reveal a new normal in America (... | Business Insider