Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Retailer Tesco Explains How Companies Are "Solidly Beating" Expectations In One Sentence | ZeroHedge
- Four Places That Could Become Water Conflict Zones | Financial Sense
- US Treasury Cracks Down On Tax Inversions | ZeroHedge
- The Rise Of The Teenage Intern: How China Keeps 'iGadget' Costs Down | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: What Happens When You Try To Exercise Your Constitutional Rights In Illinois | ZeroHedge
- Soros Issues Major Warning; U.K. Sees Large Outflows | Financial Sense
- Where The Housing "Recovery" Is, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lion King is best-selling production of all time | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Fox's Most Anticipated Fall Show 'Gotham' Is Good, But A Bit Overrated | Business Insider
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where Every Team Stands Going Into Week 4 | Business Insider
- What It's Like To Use Sprig, The Startup That Delivers Speedy, Home-Cooked Meals Prepared By... | Business Insider
- Iron Ore Prices Tumble To A 5-Year Low | Business Insider
- Meet The Khorasan, The Terrorist Group That's Suddenly A... | Business Insider