Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Is Spiking – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Krinsky on Stock Market: Primary Trend Has Shifted to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Move Over Greece, It's Italy's Turn - George Friedman Sounds the Alarm on European Banking Crisis | Financial Sense
- Panic-Buyers Spike Dow Over 200 Points At Open | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY Plunges To 113 Handle - Gives Up QQE2 Gains | ZeroHedge
- Race To Bottom Enters Final Lap: ECB Will Cut To -0.7% In June, JPM Predicts | ZeroHedge
- Chris Christie To Suspend Presidential Campaign; Needs "Deep Breath" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's an explanation of Ben Graham's concept of 'margin of safety' | Business Insider
- The $8 billion space telescope everyone's been... | Business Insider
- 'The most miserable country in the world' is slipping toward default | Business Insider
- A Harvard psychologist reveals the quickest way to boost confidence when you... | Business Insider
- Chipotle can make a comeback | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- The solar company Elon Musk cofounded is getting obliterated | Business Insider