Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Equities Flat While China Surges On More Stimulus And Bailout Hopes | ZeroHedge
- Winding Roads | iBankCoin.com
- Yellen Capital Humiliated After First Facebook And Now Twitter Surge Higher: TWTR's Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- How To Go Out At The Top | Altucher Confidential
- 100 Years Ago Today It Began: "Austria Has Chosen War" | ZeroHedge
- Split Times at Mr. Market’s High | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 17 Fastest Ways To Get Ahead In Your Career | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Man Accidentally Calls Obama The 'First President of United... | Business Insider
- Baseball Hall Of Fame Makes A Huge Change That Will Screw Players Linked To... | Business Insider
- Libya Is At Its Most Chaotic Point Since Qaddafi's Ouster | Business Insider
- Watch Frank Thomas Namecheck 139 Different Teammates In His Hall Of Fame Speech... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek