Is the iWatch the Answer for Apple?
Apple Inc. (AAPL) has become a boring stock, how did it turn into another Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)? These are the lines we keep hearing and reading from the media, all it takes is a new product to put faith back into the world's richest company.
Enter the iWatch.
The internets is on fire about the potential wrist watch from Apple. The buzz is it's the modern day Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist Radio watch. Let's hope it can do a little more than that, like play a MP3 or maybe stream video?
Apple needs something, its stock is down 12% this year while the Dow Jones has gained 7%. Worse yet Apple shares have been cut in half since their Sept 2012 52-week high. Apple now trades at $467 and it's not good enough for Mr. Einhorn from Greenlight Capital.
A new Apple must-have-product could change the game and get everyone off the company's back about thier massive $137 billion cash pile.
The solution to appease uneasy Apple shareholders could be the iWatch or whatever the name might be. Word from Bloomberg.com is the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform some of the computing tasks now handled by the iPhone and iPad, two people familiar with the company’s plans said.
Bottom line: If all this iWatch hype is real Apple shares could finally get back to making new 12 month highs every week vs. the opposite. Let's hope for Apple Inc. shareholders a new watch like device is in the works. Apple shares won't get to $1,000 by 2015 unless there is growth. No growth means no big moves for AAPL.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Implications of the Secular Stagnation Debate | Financial Sense
- Are You Faster Than A Stock Market Spoofer? | ZeroHedge
- 2000x Normal Radiation Found In Tokyo Playground, Officials Deny Any Link To Fukushima | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Blue Jasmine | iBankCoin.com
- Paul Craig Roberts: "Truth Is Washington's Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- 11-Year-Old Boy Removed From Mother For Defending Her Need For Medicinal Cannabis | ZeroHedge
- WE GOT A CHART BREAK OUT | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New book shows Spain's royals no longer untouchable | Business Insider
- The surprise ruling that could come out of the... | Business Insider
- Key Jordan trade route cut after Syria border closure | Business Insider
- A breakdown of the $229 billion gun violence tab that... | Business Insider
- Here's why eggs are so good for you | Business Insider
- Steve Wynn won't have to deal with his ex-wife on the Wynn Resorts board anymore | Business Insider
- Unusual 11... | StreetInsider.com