How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The Senate Just Took "A Hatchet To American Liberty" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Rush Losing Glitter | Financial Sense
- Should Britain Leave the EU? Two Analysts Debate | Financial Sense
- Stocks Soar On Hawkish Fed As Gold Suffers Worst Week In 6 Months | ZeroHedge
- How Bad Are The US Computer Systems? An 8'' Floppy Disc Houses Nuclear Coordinate Data | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Are The Bulls Back? | ZeroHedge
- A June Fed Funds Rate Hike Risks a September Economic Stall | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama's approval rating just hit its highest point in years,... | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- The top 5 fintech predictions for 2016 | Business Insider
- This is how Taco Bell, Starbucks, and other fast-food chains are... | Business Insider
- The 'Nobel... | Business Insider
- I ate at one of the best sushi restaurants in the US, and I never knew that fish... | Business Insider
- This is the 'reckoning point' for a bunch of oil producers | Business Insider