How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "One Of The Defining Investment Moments Of The Next Few Years" | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Is Building the World’s Largest Tidal Array | Financial Sense
- When A Marketing Campaign Goes Horribly Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Libya May Be Focus Of Major Rift Between US And Regional Allies | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Leverage, Derivatives, And The Heresy Of Opposing The 'Status Quo Institutions' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An NFL Player Got A Tattoo On His Face To Keep Himself From Ever Getting A Normal Job | Business Insider
- Parents of tumour boy held in Spain as sympathy grows | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- When Is The iPhone 6 Coming Out? Probably September 19... (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The 21 Most Miserable Countries In The World | Business Insider
- THE CARRIER BILLING REPORT: Recent... | Business Insider
- How To Switch Off iCloud So Hackers Can't Find Your Naked Photos (AAPL) | Business Insider