How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Personal Spending Misses Expectations By Most Since January, Income Juiced By Government Handouts | ZeroHedge
- The Future of the Internet Is at Risk | Financial Sense
- Stoeferle: Illusion of Omnipotent Central Banker Biggest Bubble We've Ever Seen | Financial Sense
- Citigroup Chief Economist Thinks Only "Helicopter Money" Can Save The World Now | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks To Plunge Another 35%, BofA Says | ZeroHedge
- We Are All Preppers Now | ZeroHedge
- The Evolution of America's Energy Supply (1776 – 2014) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HSBC customers haven't been paid because of an IT glitch and they're... | Business Insider
- How will climate change affect your livelihood? | Business Insider
- Latin music academy protests Trump's immigration... | Business Insider
- Bolt back in relay, chases 3rd gold at worlds in Beijing | Business Insider
- Twitter sets modest goals to diversity its workforce | Business Insider
- There's a right and wrong way to eat this 'superfood' that Taylor Swift swears by... | Business Insider
- Malaysians gather in capital to demand reform, PM's... | Business Insider