How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Today Anchor Quits Live On Air Over "Whitewashed" Coverage Of Putin | ZeroHedge
- The Next Shoe To Drop On Your Retirement Account | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Fisher Admits Stocks Are At "Eye-Popping Levels" | ZeroHedge
- Money Managers Aren’t Paid to Forecast; They’re Paid to Adapt | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap March 6, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- House Passes $1 Billion Ukraine Loan Guarantee, Gazprom Sends Thanks | ZeroHedge
- The Stock Market’s New Normal: A Wall of Worry | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Watson Supercomputer Designed Some New Food, So IBM Is Sending A Food Truck To SXSW | Business Insider
- Sweden May Have Made The World's Best Supercar | Business Insider
- Jessica Alba Returns In First 'Sin City' Sequel Trailer | Business Insider
- UN Envoy Stuck In Coffee Shop After Being Threatened By Armed Men In Crimea | Business Insider
- Shares Of Newly Public Company FireEye Have Gone Nuts, And They've Turned... | Business Insider
- The Canary In The Coal Mine For Wall Street Trading Revenue Is Whimpering | Business Insider
- The First-Class Seats On Qatar Airways' New A380 Jet Look Amazing | Business Insider