How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Unseen Revolution in Chinese Finances | Financial Sense
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices Rise Before Fed as Yen Defies Bank of Japan's Urgent New Inflation Plan | Financial Sense
- Trauma Programming: "Up To Our Eyeballs In Manufactured Strife" | ZeroHedge
- Silver Is Getting Slammed But Bonds Best Post-Fed | ZeroHedge
- 26 Incredible Facts About The Economy That Every American Should Know Before The Trump-Clinton Debate | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison never loses his cool in meetings | Business Insider
- 5 men's grooming mistakes you need to stop making in the colder months... | Business Insider
- Trump turned one of the GOP's best Clinton attacks around on himself | Business Insider
- Google announces YouTube Go for video junkies on a data budget (GOOG, GOOGL... | Business Insider
- Here's the moment where the debate first went off... | Business Insider
- Here's where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on... | Business Insider
- Mercedes just teased its first electric concept SUV | Business Insider