How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Case-Shiller US Home Price Index Drops Most In A Year | ZeroHedge
- The Mood On The Ground In Greece: "Some Have Raised The Prospect Of Civil War" | ZeroHedge
- 1914 Deja Vu: Draghi's Cap On ELA Is Today's Czar Nicholas Troop Mobilization | ZeroHedge
- June 26 Silver Flash Crash: A Forensic Analysis | ZeroHedge
- This Is Nothing | iBankCoin.com
- The War On Some Drugs | ZeroHedge
- Gartman Covers His Treasury Shorts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google wants to fix a major problem with America's... | Business Insider
- Nobody is using this awesome Instagram feature that finally gives you some... | Business Insider
- Chinese stocks crash into bear market territory | Business Insider
- Euro drops below $1.1 as Greek exit risks grow | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- S&P DOWNGRADES GREECE, PUTS GREXIT ODDS AT 50%, WARNS DEFAULT COULD HAPPEN IN 6 MONTHS | Business Insider
- China's Great Wall 'is disappearing' | Business Insider