How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Has the Dollar Topped? | iBankCoin.com
- How British Elections Represent the State of Europe | Financial Sense
- ADB "Boosts Firepower" As China-Led Bank Grabs Center Stage | ZeroHedge
- One Man's Message To Americans - "Start Giving A Damn!" | ZeroHedge
- NSA Converting Our Spoken Words Into Searchable Text | ZeroHedge
- Get Ahead of the Curve | iBankCoin.com
- Two Observations on US Corporate Earnings | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 14 seats most likely to go to UKIP in the... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- London is seeing an exodus of... | Business Insider
- 'Boulders size of vans' hit Nepal trekking... | Business Insider
- Signed first edition of '100 Years of Solitude'... | Business Insider
- Tunisia hosts Jewish pilgrimage under tight security | Business Insider
- McDonald's CEO reveals his massive plan to save business (MCD) | Business Insider