How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: July 19 | ZeroHedge
- Is the Market Due for Another 10% Correction? | Financial Sense
- Sunday Night Check-In | iBankCoin.com
- As Fracking Expands, So Does Opposition – Even In Texas | Financial Sense
- Chinese Premier Li Admits Central Planning May Not Be Optimal | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Desperate To Put Ukraine In Rearview Mirror But More Russian Sanctions Loom | ZeroHedge
- Ackman Has 6 Months Left To Come Up With The Devastating-est HLF Presentation Ever | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Top High School Basketball Player Signs $1.2 Million Contract In China Instead Of Going To College... | Business Insider
- BLACKROCK: 'Investors Should Buckle Up For More Volatility Ahead' | Business Insider
- A Federal Judge Used Pizza To Explain Why A Key Provision Of Obamacare Is Legal... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- THE SNAPCHAT REPORT: The User Numbers, Demographics, And Early Marketing... | Business Insider
- Unusual... | StreetInsider.com