How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Geopolitical Tension Tops Revised GDP | Financial Sense
- Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks on Syrian Refugees | Financial Sense
- Taxation As A Severe Insult | ZeroHedge
- The Fundamental Truth of the Market Matter | Financial Sense
- Obama Says "Enough Is Enough," Urges Gun Restrictions After Deadly Planned Parenthood Standoff | ZeroHedge
- Richard Russell: The Passing of an Icon | Financial Sense
- If Black Friday Was A Movie | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- From countryside to catwalk, Thai teen designer... | Business Insider
- Shiffrin jumps to big lead after 1st run of slalom | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 5 scary things scientists and economists think could happen by 2050 | Business Insider
- Fresh Jerusalem stabbings as Israel considers next moves... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- 30 years after art heist, museum hopes to get piece back | Business Insider