How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Matt Taibbi: "Insane Clown President Trump Was Right About The Media" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Slides After Saudis Suggest Early End To OPEC Deal | ZeroHedge
- Professors Pledge To "Use Regular Class Time" To Protest Trump | ZeroHedge
- Secular Stagnation Theory: Challenge to DeLong, Summers, Bernanke, Krugman, Keen, Pettis, Edwards | Financial Sense
- Why Everyone Is Complacent: "2016 Saw The Fewest S&P 500 Drawdowns Ever" | ZeroHedge
- This Bloomberg Editorial Claims Experts Are Necessary for Government - We Disagree | ZeroHedge
- Higher Interest Rates Good for Stocks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Reality TV star and Skinnygirl founder Bethenny Frankel shares her... | Business Insider
- Trump's cabinet nominees diverge from him on key issues | Business Insider
- Rob Gronkowski is starring in two upcoming crime thrillers | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- 17 photos of the stunning inaugural ball gowns worn by first ladies over... | Business Insider
- A sleep doctor reveals why melatonin isn't a sustainable, or safer... | Business Insider
- Watch a US-led coalition airstrike level an ISIS weapons factory near... | Business Insider