How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama Humiliated Again After Weapons Airdropped For Syrian Rebels End Up In ISIS Hands | ZeroHedge
- Mapping China's Bursting Real Estate Bubble | ZeroHedge
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory Is Wrong | Financial Sense
- When Is A White House Transcript Not A Transcript? | ZeroHedge
- Short Seller Caught On Tape | iBankCoin.com
- Is This the Beginning of a New Bear Market? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Two die in Sierra Leone riot sparked by Ebola tests | Business Insider
- YELP SHARES CRASH (YELP) | Business Insider
- Alcobra Applies Revisionist History to ADHD Drug Study Analysis | TheStreet.com
- Ask For An Odd Number, And 11 More Tips For Getting The Salary You Want | Business Insider
- The Best New York City Restaurant For Every Kind Of Cuisine | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider