How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japanese Industrial Production Collapses At Fastest Rate Since 2011 Tsunami | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Surges 4%, Beats Estimates Driven By Inventories, Fixed Investment Spike; Historical Data Revised | ZeroHedge
- Strong 5 Year Bond Auction Has Record Low Dealer Takedown, Directs Surge | ZeroHedge
- Q2 Earnings Show Improvement Over Prior Quarters | Financial Sense
- Q3 Estimates Beginning to Slip | Financial Sense
- A-D Line Divergence Again | Financial Sense
- The Current ECB Programs Create a QE-like Environment, Setting Up for Moral Hazards | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (TWTR, AAPL,... | Business Insider
- 22 Quotes By Richard Branson That Take You Inside The Mind Of The Self-Made Billionaire | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: WM LOCO IP | TheStreet.com
- Notable 52... | StreetInsider.com
- Neil deGrasse Tyson To GMO Critics: 'Chill Out' | Business Insider
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' End-Credits Scene Leaks Online | Business Insider