How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Demonstrates "Sea Combat Ability" With Live Fire Drill Video | ZeroHedge
- Quantum Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- Presenting Jeremy Grantham's "10 Topics To Ruin Your Summer" | ZeroHedge
- Housing Recovery? Case Shiller Home Prices Tumble Most In 10 Months | ZeroHedge
- The Layoffs Return: Energy Giants Chevron, Saipem To Fire Over 10,000 Workers | ZeroHedge
- White House Denies Snowden 'Pardon' Petition, Warns "We Are Living In A Dangerous World" | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile In Venezuela... The Socialist Paradise Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Dropbox CEO: Every major tech company is 'firebombing us' | Business Insider
- Peugeot returns to profit in first half | Business Insider
- RSA shares are going crazy right now | Business Insider
- An ex-NFL player caught his college teammate burglarizing his house... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank on China's crazy stock market: 'There's no obvious... | Business Insider
- Saudi Arabia and ISIS have something in common | Business Insider