How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 15 Signs That We Live During A Time Of Rampant Government Paranoia | ZeroHedge
- The 2014 Stealth Bear Market – A Transition or a Top? | Financial Sense
- Peak Empire 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory Is Wrong | Financial Sense
- Good Riddance To QE - It Was Just Plain Financial Fraud | ZeroHedge
- King Dollar Eating Everyone Else for Breakfast | iBankCoin.com
- The One Table That Explains Why There No Longer Is Any Treasury Liquidity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Most Of The Highest-Paid Players In The World Series Will Not Start Game 7 | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Meet The Lucky Students Who Earn College Scholarships To Play Video Games | Business Insider
- Big, Beautiful Photos Of Google's Gigantic New Phone, The Nexus 6 (GOOG) | Business Insider
- What The NBA Would Look Like If Every Player Played For His Hometown Team | Business Insider
- Check Out The Rainbow, Sugar-Coated Event Space Google Set Up For Its Biggest... | Business Insider
- Herb Greenberg on the Stock Market: Here's Why Twitter Should Sell Itself | TheStreet.com