How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Anadarko Slashes Dividend By Over 80% | ZeroHedge
- Can Big Oil Continue to Pay Dividends? | Financial Sense
- John Mack: Don't Worry About Deutsche Bank, It Will Be Bailed Out By The Government | ZeroHedge
- Markets Around The World Are Crashing; Gold Soars | ZeroHedge
- John Kerry Makes Last Ditch Effort To Avert World War III As Saudis, Turks Prepare For Syria Invasion | ZeroHedge
- This "Stunning" Chart Shows How Quickly Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Accelerating | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Is Back: 5 Year Sub CDS Soar To Record High | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An Army lab figured out how to make pizza that lasts 3 years | Business Insider
- The US will reopen a Cold War submarine hunting base in Iceland | Business Insider
- The vital lesson Magic Johnson taught Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz | Business Insider
- A forensic team just raised troubling questions about one of Mexico... | Business Insider
- Google's driverless cars just got a big boost from the... | Business Insider
- Consumer Reports found a bunch of problems with one of Tesla's... | Business Insider
- JetBlue wants to invest in startups (JBLU) | Business Insider