How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Raoul Pal: "The Era Of Doing Nothing And Getting Paid For It Is Over" | ZeroHedge
- Manic Day Leaves S&P, Bonds, Gold, Crude, Dollar Unchanged | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "There Is An Element Of Torture To The FOMC Cycle In This Broken Financial System" | ZeroHedge
- Richard Koo: If Helicopter Money Succeeds, It Will Lead To 1,500% Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Oil Crashes To $41 Handle After Surprise Inventory Build, Production Rise | ZeroHedge
- I Went to the Democratic National Convention… | Altucher Confidential
- Stocks Slide After Japan's "Helicopter Money" Plan Leaks, Underwhelms | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The creator of Pokémon Go is only a level 5 | Business Insider
- A new, healthy Los Angeles fast food chain... | Business Insider
- These are the 9 things Amazon's Echo can do that impressed me the most | Business Insider
- Buffalo Wild Wings’ new plan to crush Chipotle and Panera Bread is working | Business Insider
- ROOMY KHAN: The US government is creating a culture... | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg just put Google on notice that it's going... | Business Insider
- A video shows an Oklahoma inmate being strangled by jail staff, but criminal... | Business Insider