How to invest in Bitcoin - BitcoinShop?
That seems like the obvious thesis and that's what the owners of BitcoinShop (TUCND) hope you do. Of course before you sell the farm know that BitcoinShop appears to be a dangerous penny stock.
In a race to be 1st, BitcoinShop holds the title as the 1st publicly traded company. They are not Bitcoin miners. They are only a store front that accepts Bitcoin payments. That's it. Not an Amazon.com in the slightest.
It's a major shot in the dark to take a risk on this stock. Until the company reports its first earnings call there's no point in trading this stock.
The video below with the vague Q/A by the CEO says it all. A reverse stock split to get the penny stock up to a something dollar range. Followed by a really lame attempt at dicusssing his business: A lemonade stand that sells lemonade (made by someone else, like Mom did) and accepts bitcoin for payment. As if a child was running it. Mom made me the lemonade and put out this great table with glasses for me. All I do is hope someone pays me a bitcoin then I give them the lemonade. Only they don't even provide the lemonade. That's housed and executed by a 3rd party provider. Yay, it's a business!
It's a big hype show and they managed to get air time on Bloomberg and CNBC. Mission accomplished.
Bottom line: If you have Bitcoins this may be a fun way to spend it. If you want to invest in Bitcoins, this is not the right option.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- We Again See Real Estate As Best Investment | Financial Sense
- De Blasio Releases Tax Returns; Paid Effective 8.3% Rate | ZeroHedge
- Baffle With Fake BS: Chinese Q1 GDP Beats And Misses At The Same Time | ZeroHedge
- The Ratings Industry Is A Stupid Place | iBankCoin.com
- Rise in Housing Starts Disappoint, Permits Fall | Financial Sense
- The Richest Man In Asia Is Selling Everything In China | ZeroHedge
- 5 Reasons for a Q2 Decline in U.S. Interest Rates | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Retail 'Point-of-Sale' Is At The Center Of A Huge Battle To... | Business Insider
- Donald Rumsfeld Says He Has 'Absolutely No Idea'... | Business Insider
- How They Paint Those Giant Ads On New York's Biggest Buildings [THE... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer on Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola Earnings | TheStreet.com
- North Korean Officials Go After London Salon For Making Fun Of Kim Jong-Un... | Business Insider
- These Luxurious New River Cruise Ships Are Taking Over The Travel Industry | Business Insider
- The Most Outrageous Things We Learned About The CEO Of Zappos From His Playboy... | Business Insider