5 Tips to Retire Early
There is no easier way to get free money than from your employer via a 401(k) or 403 (b) matching program. A 401(k) also helps to lower your taxable income so you can join the 47% of Americans that Mitt Romney doesn't care about and avoid paying federal income taxes. Most U.S. employers offer a match of 1 to 6% on the first 6% of your deferment. Take them up on it even if you only want to elect 1% to your 401(K). If you defer 1% and your employer matches 1% you are at 2%. It is easy math and the only 'free money' you are going to get to help you retire ASAP.
Buy a house, rental home, or better yet - a Triplex. If you can score a Duplex or Triplex then you can qualify under a residential mortgage by living in one of the units and rent out the other one or two. Becoming a slumlord and living in your own duplex or triplex can greatly lower your taxes. Talk with you accountant to make sure you take advantage of all the write-offs. Besides writing off mortgage interest, property taxes and mortgage insurance you can also qualify for depreciation and the other deductible expenses.
This could get your out of your job tomorrow. Go bat -hit crazy like Edward Norton did in David Fincher's 1999 masterpiece Fight Club. You are going to have to do this in your Boss' office so it's credible he/she did it vs. a massive act of masochism. If you can pull this off you are guaranteed a huge severance that could provide for an instant retirement.
Here's the visual for help:
Shitting yourself while laying on the ground almost unconscious is extra credit. If you smell like poop, they will have to get you out of there faster.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Stocks Are Open, Time To Dump A Billion Dollars Worth Of Gold Futures | ZeroHedge
- You’re More Likely to Be Killed By Brain-Eating Parasites, Texting While Driving, Toddlers, Lightning, Falling Out of Bed ... | ZeroHedge
- Why "The US Should Have Already Panicked," The Sectarian Divide Mapped Out | ZeroHedge
- Third And Final Espirito Santo HoldCo Is Bankrupt: Is "Banco" Next? | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap July 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Silver Tumbles Most In 6 Months | ZeroHedge
- NeWSPeaK CoVeR: A STuDY IN PRoPaGaNDa | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 Money Lessons You Should Have Learned Before College | Business Insider
- Here's Why Penny Stocks Still Exist | Business Insider
- If You've Ever Wanted To Erase Your Texts From Someone Else's Phone,... | Business Insider
- Rory McIlroy Has A Secret Weapon To Win Next Year's Masters | Business Insider
- Cisco CEO: The First Person You Fire Is One Of The Most Important Decisions You... | Business Insider
- Here's What Your Handwriting Says About You | Business Insider
- Satya Nadella Just Made The Single Best (And Most Obvious) Decision For Microsoft... | Business Insider