5 Tips to Retire Early
There is no easier way to get free money than from your employer via a 401(k) or 403 (b) matching program. A 401(k) also helps to lower your taxable income so you can join the 47% of Americans that Mitt Romney doesn't care about and avoid paying federal income taxes. Most U.S. employers offer a match of 1 to 6% on the first 6% of your deferment. Take them up on it even if you only want to elect 1% to your 401(K). If you defer 1% and your employer matches 1% you are at 2%. It is easy math and the only 'free money' you are going to get to help you retire ASAP.
Buy a house, rental home, or better yet - a Triplex. If you can score a Duplex or Triplex then you can qualify under a residential mortgage by living in one of the units and rent out the other one or two. Becoming a slumlord and living in your own duplex or triplex can greatly lower your taxes. Talk with you accountant to make sure you take advantage of all the write-offs. Besides writing off mortgage interest, property taxes and mortgage insurance you can also qualify for depreciation and the other deductible expenses.
This could get your out of your job tomorrow. Go bat -hit crazy like Edward Norton did in David Fincher's 1999 masterpiece Fight Club. You are going to have to do this in your Boss' office so it's credible he/she did it vs. a massive act of masochism. If you can pull this off you are guaranteed a huge severance that could provide for an instant retirement.
Here's the visual for help:
Shitting yourself while laying on the ground almost unconscious is extra credit. If you smell like poop, they will have to get you out of there faster.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Copper Collapses Most Since Dec 2011 On China Credit Fears | ZeroHedge
- Greek President Raises "War Reparations" With Germany | ZeroHedge
- Russia Today Responds To Wahl Public Departure: Just A "Self-Promotional Stunt" | ZeroHedge
- Mid-term Election Cycle Forecasts April Market Peak | Financial Sense
- Stocks Tumble To Red As "Good News Is Bad News" | ZeroHedge
- Loophole Makes Hilarious Mockery Of US Crude Oil Export Ban | ZeroHedge
- Russia Needs to Sell Gas More Than EU Needs to Buy It | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tiger Woods Is A Complete Mess Right Now | Business Insider
- The Latest Evidence That Apple Will Release A 4K Display This Year | Business Insider
- 2 Passengers Listed On Malaysia Plane Not On Board,... | Business Insider
- Here's How To Use A Toll-Free Number To Make A Tumblr Audio Post | Business Insider
- Mobile Video Ad Views See Triple-Digit Growth... | Business Insider
- Four Arrested Trying To Smuggle Guns Into Mexico | Business Insider
- Frontier Market And Emerging Market Stocks Are Going In Opposite... | Business Insider