5 Tips to Retire Early
There is no easier way to get free money than from your employer via a 401(k) or 403 (b) matching program. A 401(k) also helps to lower your taxable income so you can join the 47% of Americans that Mitt Romney doesn't care about and avoid paying federal income taxes. Most U.S. employers offer a match of 1 to 6% on the first 6% of your deferment. Take them up on it even if you only want to elect 1% to your 401(K). If you defer 1% and your employer matches 1% you are at 2%. It is easy math and the only 'free money' you are going to get to help you retire ASAP.
Buy a house, rental home, or better yet - a Triplex. If you can score a Duplex or Triplex then you can qualify under a residential mortgage by living in one of the units and rent out the other one or two. Becoming a slumlord and living in your own duplex or triplex can greatly lower your taxes. Talk with you accountant to make sure you take advantage of all the write-offs. Besides writing off mortgage interest, property taxes and mortgage insurance you can also qualify for depreciation and the other deductible expenses.
This could get your out of your job tomorrow. Go bat -hit crazy like Edward Norton did in David Fincher's 1999 masterpiece Fight Club. You are going to have to do this in your Boss' office so it's credible he/she did it vs. a massive act of masochism. If you can pull this off you are guaranteed a huge severance that could provide for an instant retirement.
Here's the visual for help:
Shitting yourself while laying on the ground almost unconscious is extra credit. If you smell like poop, they will have to get you out of there faster.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- About Those "Overly Optimistic" Trump GDP Forecasts, There's Just One Thing | ZeroHedge
- Trump Administration Toughens Asylum Rules, Speeds Deportation Process | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Feb 19, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- New Political Turmoil In Italy After Renzi Quits As Ruling Party Leader, Triggering Re-election Battle | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Trump Will Bring More Inflation Than Real Growth | Financial Sense
- Weekly S&P 500 #ChartStorm | Financial Sense
- Kim Jong Nam Assassination Caught On Tape | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Russians are turning on Trump | Business Insider
- The 12 cities with the most trees around the world | Business Insider
- I never drive without making sure these 2 tech accessories are in my car | Business Insider
- A social psychologist explains why Tinder is so ‘... | Business Insider
- The head of an investment bank explains how Trump, Brexit, and the rest... | Business Insider
- THE SHIP-FROM-STORE REPORT: Why legacy retailers need to rethink the purpose of their brick-... | Business Insider
- Meet the man who ran Obama's unprecedented clemency... | Business Insider