5 Tips to Retire Early
There is no easier way to get free money than from your employer via a 401(k) or 403 (b) matching program. A 401(k) also helps to lower your taxable income so you can join the 47% of Americans that Mitt Romney doesn't care about and avoid paying federal income taxes. Most U.S. employers offer a match of 1 to 6% on the first 6% of your deferment. Take them up on it even if you only want to elect 1% to your 401(K). If you defer 1% and your employer matches 1% you are at 2%. It is easy math and the only 'free money' you are going to get to help you retire ASAP.
Buy a house, rental home, or better yet - a Triplex. If you can score a Duplex or Triplex then you can qualify under a residential mortgage by living in one of the units and rent out the other one or two. Becoming a slumlord and living in your own duplex or triplex can greatly lower your taxes. Talk with you accountant to make sure you take advantage of all the write-offs. Besides writing off mortgage interest, property taxes and mortgage insurance you can also qualify for depreciation and the other deductible expenses.
This could get your out of your job tomorrow. Go bat -hit crazy like Edward Norton did in David Fincher's 1999 masterpiece Fight Club. You are going to have to do this in your Boss' office so it's credible he/she did it vs. a massive act of masochism. If you can pull this off you are guaranteed a huge severance that could provide for an instant retirement.
Here's the visual for help:
Shitting yourself while laying on the ground almost unconscious is extra credit. If you smell like poop, they will have to get you out of there faster.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dow 20,000: A New Beginning…or the Beginning of the End? | Financial Sense
- Why Big Oil Is Unprepared for the Coming Energy War | Financial Sense
- Initial Claims Crash To 44 Year Lows But Over 700,000 More People Are On Jobless Benefits Since Trump Was Elected | ZeroHedge
- Supreme Court Justice Presiding Over Brazil's Carwash Corruption Scandal Dies In Plane Crash | ZeroHedge
- May Answers the Big Brexit Question | Financial Sense
- Nothing Is Real: When Reality TV Programming Masquerades As Politics | ZeroHedge
- Child at Anti-Trump Protest Starts Fire and Says 'Screw Our President' on National TV | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how the White House changed after a massive gut... | Business Insider
- The Raiders officially go all-in on Las Vegas — and now it's... | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- Shopping mall sells for just $100 | Business Insider
- The colossal price to fly a pair of B-2 bombers to hit two ISIS camps in Libya... | Business Insider
- One of the largest energy companies says American drillers are splurging again (SLB) | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek