5 Tips to Retire Early
There is no easier way to get free money than from your employer via a 401(k) or 403 (b) matching program. A 401(k) also helps to lower your taxable income so you can join the 47% of Americans that Mitt Romney doesn't care about and avoid paying federal income taxes. Most U.S. employers offer a match of 1 to 6% on the first 6% of your deferment. Take them up on it even if you only want to elect 1% to your 401(K). If you defer 1% and your employer matches 1% you are at 2%. It is easy math and the only 'free money' you are going to get to help you retire ASAP.
Buy a house, rental home, or better yet - a Triplex. If you can score a Duplex or Triplex then you can qualify under a residential mortgage by living in one of the units and rent out the other one or two. Becoming a slumlord and living in your own duplex or triplex can greatly lower your taxes. Talk with you accountant to make sure you take advantage of all the write-offs. Besides writing off mortgage interest, property taxes and mortgage insurance you can also qualify for depreciation and the other deductible expenses.
This could get your out of your job tomorrow. Go bat -hit crazy like Edward Norton did in David Fincher's 1999 masterpiece Fight Club. You are going to have to do this in your Boss' office so it's credible he/she did it vs. a massive act of masochism. If you can pull this off you are guaranteed a huge severance that could provide for an instant retirement.
Here's the visual for help:
Shitting yourself while laying on the ground almost unconscious is extra credit. If you smell like poop, they will have to get you out of there faster.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- MRS MaGoo... | ZeroHedge
- The Claws of Systemic Risk Are Popping Once Again | Financial Sense
- Why The Federal Reserve Always "Happens" To Be Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Despite Crashing Japan, European, U.S. Markets Rebound On Firmer Oil | ZeroHedge
- Everyone Jumping On The Bandwagon: BofA Says To Stay Long Gold Until $1,375, "$1,550 A Possibility" | ZeroHedge
- Why Yellen's Testimony Was Not Dovish Enough: Bank CEOs Told Her The 'Economy Is Stronger Than Markets Imply' | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Biggest Crisis In History? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Financial power must be Obama’s weapon of choice to save... | Business Insider
- Victoria's Secret's longtime CEO has suddenly resigned | Business Insider
- Cracks in the global economy are making the oil glut worse | Business Insider
- James Corden turned down hosting 'The Late Late Show' until CBS... | Business Insider
- Here's everything that happens in the new 'Batman v Superman' trailer... | Business Insider
- The most trendy jacket of winter is so expensive that police say thefts are... | Business Insider
- People are hearing 'motor noises' coming from Apple's mysterious... | Business Insider