5 Tips to Retire Early
There is no easier way to get free money than from your employer via a 401(k) or 403 (b) matching program. A 401(k) also helps to lower your taxable income so you can join the 47% of Americans that Mitt Romney doesn't care about and avoid paying federal income taxes. Most U.S. employers offer a match of 1 to 6% on the first 6% of your deferment. Take them up on it even if you only want to elect 1% to your 401(K). If you defer 1% and your employer matches 1% you are at 2%. It is easy math and the only 'free money' you are going to get to help you retire ASAP.
Buy a house, rental home, or better yet - a Triplex. If you can score a Duplex or Triplex then you can qualify under a residential mortgage by living in one of the units and rent out the other one or two. Becoming a slumlord and living in your own duplex or triplex can greatly lower your taxes. Talk with you accountant to make sure you take advantage of all the write-offs. Besides writing off mortgage interest, property taxes and mortgage insurance you can also qualify for depreciation and the other deductible expenses.
This could get your out of your job tomorrow. Go bat -hit crazy like Edward Norton did in David Fincher's 1999 masterpiece Fight Club. You are going to have to do this in your Boss' office so it's credible he/she did it vs. a massive act of masochism. If you can pull this off you are guaranteed a huge severance that could provide for an instant retirement.
Here's the visual for help:
Shitting yourself while laying on the ground almost unconscious is extra credit. If you smell like poop, they will have to get you out of there faster.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Manic Day Leaves S&P, Bonds, Gold, Crude, Dollar Unchanged | ZeroHedge
- Unsound Money Has Destroyed The Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- Yen Tumbles On Spurious Nikkei Headline, Stocks Shrug | ZeroHedge
- Michelle Obama Takes A Shot At "Make America Great Again" | ZeroHedge
- Vancouver Finally Cracks Down On Chinese Home Buyers With 15% Real Estate Tax | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Dallas Fed Outlook Contracts For 19th Straight Month With Wages Crashing To Sept 2013 Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A 22-year-old intern who lived in his car for 40 days explains how he managed to... | Business Insider
- The Superman actor walked around Comic-Con with a mask on and no one noticed | Business Insider
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' reveals who is playing Star-Lord'... | Business Insider
- Here are 8 things you don’t miss about basic training | Business Insider
- Here's how Twitter explained its struggles after a sad earnings report (TWTR) | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley's digital strategy relies heavily... | Business Insider
- Behold the most expensive weapons system ever and all of its ammunition in one... | Business Insider