5 Tips to Retire Early
There is no easier way to get free money than from your employer via a 401(k) or 403 (b) matching program. A 401(k) also helps to lower your taxable income so you can join the 47% of Americans that Mitt Romney doesn't care about and avoid paying federal income taxes. Most U.S. employers offer a match of 1 to 6% on the first 6% of your deferment. Take them up on it even if you only want to elect 1% to your 401(K). If you defer 1% and your employer matches 1% you are at 2%. It is easy math and the only 'free money' you are going to get to help you retire ASAP.
Buy a house, rental home, or better yet - a Triplex. If you can score a Duplex or Triplex then you can qualify under a residential mortgage by living in one of the units and rent out the other one or two. Becoming a slumlord and living in your own duplex or triplex can greatly lower your taxes. Talk with you accountant to make sure you take advantage of all the write-offs. Besides writing off mortgage interest, property taxes and mortgage insurance you can also qualify for depreciation and the other deductible expenses.
This could get your out of your job tomorrow. Go bat -hit crazy like Edward Norton did in David Fincher's 1999 masterpiece Fight Club. You are going to have to do this in your Boss' office so it's credible he/she did it vs. a massive act of masochism. If you can pull this off you are guaranteed a huge severance that could provide for an instant retirement.
Here's the visual for help:
Shitting yourself while laying on the ground almost unconscious is extra credit. If you smell like poop, they will have to get you out of there faster.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe Prepares for the Next Assault in the War on Cash | ZeroHedge
- The Lull Before The Storm - An Ideal Chance To Exit The Casino, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Former CIA Deputy Director Gives A Stunning Reason Why Obama Has Not Attacked ISIS' Oil Infrastructure | ZeroHedge
- How Refugees Are Admitted Into The U.S. | ZeroHedge
- Internal Bleeding, Cheap Tech, And Falling Angels | ZeroHedge
- Fashion Company SQBG Tries To Crush Shorts, Force Squeeze After Chairman Urges Investors To Pull Borrow | ZeroHedge
- Gold Demand in China Heading For Record and Reserves Increase 14 Tonnes In October | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US aid worker made little effort to hide work in Cuba | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Here's why a major bank is using Facebook to replace company emails (FB) | Business Insider
- Arizona just threw mass shade at The New York Times | Business Insider
- CYBER MONDAY: Save 20% on Business Insider's... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Jury selection starts in Freddie Gray case | Business Insider
- Microsoft is developing headsets... | Business Insider