3 Stocks to Buy for Housing Recovery
Even if the U.S. Housing sector is in dire straits, its time to pay attention to DR Horton (DHI), KB Home (KBH), and Zillow Inc (Z). All three of those names are up more than 30% in 2012 while the Dow Jones has only gained 8%.
In 2012 Zillow shares have jumped 54%, DR Horton has increased 37%, and KB Home is up 34%. The argument for if housing has started to recover, is standing still, slight decline or whatever -- these stocks are moving higher. In the past 5 days while stocks have dipped up and down all three of those companies shares have gained with KBH and DHI both up over 9%.
There is major buying interest all three of these stocks as investors flock to securities that will gain in the coming months. All three are subject to headlines on the housing market, they are risky but what can't be denied are their incredible gains in the past four months. The home-builders did report an increase in orders for Q1, DHI's book is up 19% when compared to 2011.
Zillow is the wild card of the three stocks mentioned and could gain the most if we are truly in a state of recovery. Most of us have used Zillow.com to price our house at one time or another, maybe look up sale and property tax information. Zillow reports earnings today after the bell (May 2nd), the stock is either going to fly or tank. Mastery will wait for after the call to place a bet.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Add these stocks to your watch list as they keep on running higher. Mastery likes in order of preference KBH, DHI, and Z.
3 HOUSING STOCKS TO BUY
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Bloodbath" In Black Gold - Buffett's Phillips 66 Dumps Oil In Cushing, Crashes Crude Spreads To 5 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- This "Stunning" Chart Shows How Quickly Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Accelerating | ZeroHedge
- Thousands Of Americans "Demand" Obama Be Convicted Of War Crimes | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling: All-Out Price War Could Send Oil to $10 to $20 a Barrel | Financial Sense
- WTI Crude Plunges To New Cycle Lows As Energy Credit Risk Hits Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- “Gold was like a beach ball that had been pushed too low in the water and is now bouncing higher with a vengeance” | ZeroHedge
- The Mad Stewards of Gondor | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How the smartphone's dominance will shape digital commerce | Business Insider
- Hassan Whiteside sent home from team after being ejected... | Business Insider
- 9 sneaky psychology tricks companies use to get you to... | Business Insider
- Business Insider is looking to hire a paid tech intern in New York City | Business Insider
- Obama's former top spokesman hinted at who Obama wants to win the Democratic nomination | Business Insider
- Here are all the tools you need to properly back up your data | Business Insider
- How a machine launches tennis balls at 95MPH with perfect accuracy | Business Insider