3 Stocks to Buy for Housing Recovery
Even if the U.S. Housing sector is in dire straits, its time to pay attention to DR Horton (DHI), KB Home (KBH), and Zillow Inc (Z). All three of those names are up more than 30% in 2012 while the Dow Jones has only gained 8%.
In 2012 Zillow shares have jumped 54%, DR Horton has increased 37%, and KB Home is up 34%. The argument for if housing has started to recover, is standing still, slight decline or whatever -- these stocks are moving higher. In the past 5 days while stocks have dipped up and down all three of those companies shares have gained with KBH and DHI both up over 9%.
There is major buying interest all three of these stocks as investors flock to securities that will gain in the coming months. All three are subject to headlines on the housing market, they are risky but what can't be denied are their incredible gains in the past four months. The home-builders did report an increase in orders for Q1, DHI's book is up 19% when compared to 2011.
Zillow is the wild card of the three stocks mentioned and could gain the most if we are truly in a state of recovery. Most of us have used Zillow.com to price our house at one time or another, maybe look up sale and property tax information. Zillow reports earnings today after the bell (May 2nd), the stock is either going to fly or tank. Mastery will wait for after the call to place a bet.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Add these stocks to your watch list as they keep on running higher. Mastery likes in order of preference KBH, DHI, and Z.
3 HOUSING STOCKS TO BUY
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Consumer Spending Declines For Third Consecutive Month, Down 5 Of Past 7 Months | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Slide Again, Copper Tumbles To 6 Year Low; Greek Market Crashes After One Month Trading Halt | ZeroHedge
- President Obama Explains How His "Clean Power Plan" Does Not Make Him "Nation's Greatest Destroyer" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- "The Worldwide Credit Boom Is Over, Now Comes The Tidal Wave Of Global Deflation" | ZeroHedge
- The 2016 "Dream" Ticket | ZeroHedge
- The Waiting Game | Financial Sense
- US Police Kill 118 People In July, Highest Monthly Total Of 2015 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- PSG looking for rivals as financial reality bites | Business Insider
- Credit Suisse: China's crazy stock market is the 'opposite... | Business Insider
- 5 signs you're trying too hard to please people at work | Business Insider
- North Korea has released a video showing a... | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's how Jake Gyllenhaal feels about losing out on Batman... | Business Insider
- This shape-shifting structure solves the problem of not having a... | Business Insider