3 Stocks to Buy for Housing Recovery
Even if the U.S. Housing sector is in dire straits, its time to pay attention to DR Horton (DHI), KB Home (KBH), and Zillow Inc (Z). All three of those names are up more than 30% in 2012 while the Dow Jones has only gained 8%.
In 2012 Zillow shares have jumped 54%, DR Horton has increased 37%, and KB Home is up 34%. The argument for if housing has started to recover, is standing still, slight decline or whatever -- these stocks are moving higher. In the past 5 days while stocks have dipped up and down all three of those companies shares have gained with KBH and DHI both up over 9%.
There is major buying interest all three of these stocks as investors flock to securities that will gain in the coming months. All three are subject to headlines on the housing market, they are risky but what can't be denied are their incredible gains in the past four months. The home-builders did report an increase in orders for Q1, DHI's book is up 19% when compared to 2011.
Zillow is the wild card of the three stocks mentioned and could gain the most if we are truly in a state of recovery. Most of us have used Zillow.com to price our house at one time or another, maybe look up sale and property tax information. Zillow reports earnings today after the bell (May 2nd), the stock is either going to fly or tank. Mastery will wait for after the call to place a bet.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Add these stocks to your watch list as they keep on running higher. Mastery likes in order of preference KBH, DHI, and Z.
3 HOUSING STOCKS TO BUY
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries | Financial Sense
- ECB Moving Closer to Unconventional Policy | Financial Sense
- The Next Shoe Just Dropped: Court Denies Attorney-Client Privilege | ZeroHedge
- The Market Is Too Dependent on Hopes That Await Evidence | Financial Sense
- EaSTeR ViSiToRS... | ZeroHedge
- The Earnings Parade Accelerates | Financial Sense
- China Wanted Capitalism But it Also Got Strikes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Iran Explains Why An American Plane Was... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Trading Radar for 04/11:... | StreetInsider.com
- Market... | StreetInsider.com
- The Chart Of Government Job Losses Under Obama Will Never Get Old | Business Insider
- These 12 Tips Will Help You Get The Most Out Of Your iPhone | Business Insider
- 5 Proven Reasons You Should Be Eating More Dark Chocolate | Business Insider