3 Stocks to Buy for Housing Recovery
Even if the U.S. Housing sector is in dire straits, its time to pay attention to DR Horton (DHI), KB Home (KBH), and Zillow Inc (Z). All three of those names are up more than 30% in 2012 while the Dow Jones has only gained 8%.
In 2012 Zillow shares have jumped 54%, DR Horton has increased 37%, and KB Home is up 34%. The argument for if housing has started to recover, is standing still, slight decline or whatever -- these stocks are moving higher. In the past 5 days while stocks have dipped up and down all three of those companies shares have gained with KBH and DHI both up over 9%.
There is major buying interest all three of these stocks as investors flock to securities that will gain in the coming months. All three are subject to headlines on the housing market, they are risky but what can't be denied are their incredible gains in the past four months. The home-builders did report an increase in orders for Q1, DHI's book is up 19% when compared to 2011.
Zillow is the wild card of the three stocks mentioned and could gain the most if we are truly in a state of recovery. Most of us have used Zillow.com to price our house at one time or another, maybe look up sale and property tax information. Zillow reports earnings today after the bell (May 2nd), the stock is either going to fly or tank. Mastery will wait for after the call to place a bet.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Add these stocks to your watch list as they keep on running higher. Mastery likes in order of preference KBH, DHI, and Z.
3 HOUSING STOCKS TO BUY
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hilsenrath Warns Fed Rate-Hike Timing Debate Intensifying | ZeroHedge
- Protesters Storm Governor's Office In Downtown St. Louis, Demand Removal Of National Guard | ZeroHedge
- Sharia Zoning Law | Financial Sense
- Under What Conditions Can The US Army Engage Citizens: The Army's "Civil Disturbances" Primer | ZeroHedge
- LONG $SODA | iBankCoin.com
- THe LiBeRaToR... | ZeroHedge
- Retail Sales Flat in July, Autos Sales Decline | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Big VCs Are Getting Greedy And Hogging Hot Deals For Themselves, Say Angels | Business Insider
- The Quest To Kill Cash: New Apps Are... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TGT, HTZ, LOW) | Business Insider
- The Real Reason This Ebola Outbreak Is So Big | Business Insider
- A Local Services Startup Just Raised $100 Million From Google Capital... | Business Insider
- Mara Wilson Openly Grieves Robin Williams' Death: 'We're All His... | Business Insider
- A Food Critic Has Finally Given Tavern On The Green The Brutal Review It... | Business Insider