Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Monetary Lunacy At Work: IMF Puts 0.05% "Floor" Under SDRs | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Mint Gold Coin Sales Near 60,000 - "Islamic State, Ebola, Putin, Ukraine" and Swiss Gold Initiative | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan Reaction Context: Nikkei 225 Is Up 1000 Points In 7 Hours | ZeroHedge
- THE WALL STREET BULL IS COMING | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Putting The Fallacy Of QE Into Perspective | ZeroHedge
- THE RAILS WILL GET THEIR REVENGE | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- German Unemployment Takes An Unexpected Plunge | Business Insider
- BILL CLINTON: Republicans Are Trying To... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Mesmerizing Photos Of The Lava That's Slowly Swallowing Land On Hawaii's Big Island... | Business Insider
- Israel police kill Palestinian after attack on hardliner... | Business Insider
- New Payments Startups Face An Uphill Battle To Disrupt The Credit Card... | Business Insider