Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Macroeconomics Is The Root Of All Error | ZeroHedge
- China Rocked By Another Massive Chemical Explosion | ZeroHedge
- "It's The Gun's Fault!!" | ZeroHedge
- Gartman Does it Again: Stocks Set To Surge As Newsletter Bulls Hit 6 Year Low | ZeroHedge
- Economics 102: WalMart Cuts Worker Hours After Hiking Minimum Wages | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross: "Go To Cash" | ZeroHedge
- Exposed: The New American Way Of Life | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Guatemala's President Perez barred from leaving the... | Business Insider
- ADP private payrolls miss (SPY, DJI, USD) | Business Insider
- French justice ministry hired 40,000 undeclared... | Business Insider
- Plea ends former police chief's case in death of black... | Business Insider
- Zero-hours contracts are exploding in the UK and education is the fastest... | Business Insider
- Twitter users are voting on Trump versus Kanye West for president — and it... | Business Insider
- Prosecutor: 2nd video emerges of deadly shooting by... | Business Insider