Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Proposed Tax Changes and How to Benefit from Them | Financial Sense
- Istanbul Nightclub Attacker Who Killed 39 On New Year's Day Has Been Captured | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Beats, Profits Surge As Trading Revenues Jump; Average Banker Comp Hits $338,600 | ZeroHedge
- As Project Veritas Exposes “DisruptJ20” Plot To Cause Inauguration Chaos, Deplorables Out Organizer As Potential #PizzaGate Pedo | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: January 17 | ZeroHedge
- Why Futures Are Lower: JPMorgan Summarizes The Chaotic Overnight Session | ZeroHedge
- Global Financial System Crash (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obamacare is more popular than ever before | Business Insider
- 5 public speaking lessons I... | Business Insider
- Watch Iraq's elite Counter Terrorism Service fight their way through... | Business Insider
- Navy SEALs explain how a leader's ego can destroy a team | Business Insider
- Border agents seize $30 million in cocaine in the heart of a... | Business Insider
- Here's the video of Steve Jobs the White House is using to recruit tech talent... | Business Insider
- Tom Brady has defied logic by getting better at a skills test that the... | Business Insider