Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 407,000 Workers Stunned As Pension Fund Proposes 60% Cuts, Treasury Says "Not Enough" | ZeroHedge
- Clouds on the Horizon for Vices | Financial Sense
- Something Stunning Is Taking Place Off The Coast Of Singapore | ZeroHedge
- Fed Officials Come Looking for a Fight | Financial Sense
- Zombie Economy Soon to Have its Zombie Epocalypse | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- South Africa's Standard Bank Victim Of "Perfectly Coordinated Attack" In Japanese ATM Scam | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Your Android smartphone will get rid of passwords this year (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Stop what you're doing and watch these classic movies before they leave Netflix... | Business Insider
- Hedge funds are dumping stocks | Business Insider
- Kesha sang a stunning, emotional Bob Dylan cover at the Billboard Music... | Business Insider
- This is the skincare mistake you're probably making every single morning | Business Insider
- A brutal remark from a high-speed trader tells you everything you... | Business Insider
- The DEA is getting dragged 'kicking and screaming' into the... | Business Insider