Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- UK Government Admits 250,000 Porn Websites Visited On Parliament PCs | ZeroHedge
- Who Is To Blame For The Global Oil Supply Glut In Charts (Hint: Not Iran) | ZeroHedge
- French Police Open Fire On Car Trying To Crash Tour de France Barricades | ZeroHedge
- From Trump Tower To Clinton's Compound - The Homes Of The 2016 Presidential Candidates | ZeroHedge
- There Is No Exit: Why China's Plunge Protection Is Here To Stay | ZeroHedge
- Why China Will End Up Like Japan | ZeroHedge
- Supply and Demand Report 26 Jul | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China to continue state buying of stocks: regulator | Business Insider
- This is what gets written about you AFTER your job interview at Google (goog) | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's lawyer goes nuts on reporters for writing controversial... | Business Insider
- How to overcome your fear of flying | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- An easy formula can calculate the true cost of a... | Business Insider
- I have 3 kids, and I can tell you it does not... | Business Insider