Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Confirms Retired Marine General "Mad-Dog" Mattis Will Be America's Next Secretary Of Defense | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- Bullish Confirmations and the Primary Trend | Financial Sense
- Official Washington's "Info-Wars" | ZeroHedge
- Will Rand Paul Fight Fake News With a Filibuster? | ZeroHedge
- Clinton & Trump Aides Forum Devolves Into Screaming Match - "I Would Rather Lose Than Win The Way You Did" | ZeroHedge
- Gold and Silver Will Protect From Coming Financial Crash - Rickards | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chobani COO who played a crucial role in the company's turnaround is... | Business Insider
- Vikings lose to Cowboys after referees miss seemingly obvious penalty on... | Business Insider
- 14 things that are harder to get into than Harvard | Business Insider
- A hot new hedge fund just had a monster month | Business Insider
- Take a look inside WeWork's newest location, which straddles historic New... | Business Insider
- 19 billionaires who were once poor | Business Insider
- You should only ever buy Apple accessories that have this sticker on their... | Business Insider