Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bitcoin: The Monetary Touchstone | Financial Sense
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
- You've Heard Of McMansion, Now Meet The McCastle | ZeroHedge
- Feds Subpoena Port Authority Records As Christie Probe Deepens | ZeroHedge
- How Long Does This Go On Before There's A Currency Crisis? | ZeroHedge
- Elevating Markets: A Signal of Reviving Bank Lending? | Financial Sense
- Shaken and Stirred, But Not Perturbed | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Creator Of Flappy Bird Explains Why It's So Easy To Clone His Game | Business Insider
- Business Insider Is Hiring A Graphic Designer For BI Studios | Business Insider
- People Who Wrote Letters To The FTC About Herbalife Say They Don't Remember... | Business Insider
- CVS Allegedly Lost 37,000 Prescription Pain Pills | Business Insider
- A City In The Philippines Is Officially The Selfie Capital Of The World... | Business Insider
- Shares of Boeing Slip as Malaysia Airlines Flight Remains Missing | TheStreet.com
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: ESV HAL EXXI NUE | TheStreet.com