Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Government Report Finds DEA Agents Had "Sex Parties" With Prostitutes Hired By Drug Cartels | ZeroHedge
- Government Secrecy At All-Time High | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Are Paralyzed At The Zero Bound | ZeroHedge
- The US-Iran "Misunderstanding" | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon "Loses Track" Of Equipment From $750mm Bomb-Spotting Program, Finds On eBay & Craigslist | ZeroHedge
- UMich Consumer Sentiment Drops For 2nd Month In A Row, First Time Since Oct 2013 | ZeroHedge
- How Strong Will The Next Precious Metals Rally Be? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Angela Ahrendts joined Apple (AAPL) | Business Insider
- What Jeff Bezos did when this new Amazon employee... | Business Insider
- Michael Sam says 'famous' NFL players have come out to him as gay | Business Insider
- How Chuck Schumer rose to the top of the US Senate | Business Insider
- The captain of the Germanwings plane reportedly tried... | Business Insider
- Norway's island prison for violent criminals looks like no prison we've ever seen | Business Insider
- Here's why Apple's iPad business is sinking | Business Insider