Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The U.S. Dollar’s Impact on the Oil Price | Financial Sense
- CBO - US Economy Set to Soar On Obamacare? | ZeroHedge
- Geopolitical Journey: Europe, the Glorious and the Banal | Financial Sense
- The World’s Gone Loopy | iBankCoin.com
- Theory of Interest and Prices in Paper Currency Part II (Mechanics) | Financial Sense
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Fly Buy: $MT | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stocks Rise on Confidence in U.S. Economy | TheStreet.com
- The Secret To Becoming A Billionaire Is Zombies | Business Insider
- You Can Get A Computer Science Degree From A Top School For $7,000 | Business Insider
- Microsoft Is Courting New Developers, But Some Existing Ones Are Still Fuming... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Seth Meyers Knocked Out Anderson Cooper On Saturday Night... | Business Insider
- The 5 Ways We Learn Languages — And Which Is Best For You | Business Insider