Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Complete and Utter Scam: Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Raymond James Analyst Is Out With A Major Bearish Call | ZeroHedge
- MRS MaGoo... | ZeroHedge
- "Exceptional" America Is Number 1 Again | ZeroHedge
- Scope For Gold To Extend Much Higher Than $1200 Over Time, Goldman Says | ZeroHedge
- A Detailed Look At This Morning's Major Market Moves | ZeroHedge
- Trump Was Right: Immigration Declines Sharply Since Start Of Deportation Raids | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Investing legend Howard Marks thinks these 16 pieces of time-honored advice are... | Business Insider
- Pandora is getting slaughtered — here's what Wall... | Business Insider
- The NBA is still trying to solve the Warriors' deadliest weapon | Business Insider
- We depend on this nutrient to survive — and it could leave us all without food | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- A Harvard psychologist says this surprising trait can make you more... | Business Insider
- How the 'Deadpool' cast looks compared to their comic-book counterparts | Business Insider