Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Old Workers Hit New Record High As Jobs For Key 25-54 Age Group Slide By 142K | ZeroHedge
- Russian Oligarchs Wave Goodbye To Visa, Switch To Chinese Credit Card | ZeroHedge
- August 1914: When Global Stock Markets Closed | ZeroHedge
- The Illustrated Guide To 20 Years Of Latin American Debt Crises | ZeroHedge
- NIRP DERP: A Chart Of What Europe Economy Really Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- American Ebola Patients On Way To Atlanta Hospital, Customs On Heightened Alert For "Ill" Passengers | ZeroHedge
- Is JPMorgan About To Bailout Argentina? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This New Book Reveals That War Is Much More Than Combat | Business Insider
- Markets Are Getting Crushed (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- THE PROGRAMMATIC ADVERTISING REPORT: Real-Time Bidding Is Taking Over The Digital Ad... | Business Insider
- A New Effort In Congress Offers A Glimmer Of Hope For Afghan Interpreters Fearing... | Business Insider
- Catalent Pharma Solutions CEO Talks IPO, Potential Biotech Bubble | TheStreet.com
- Here's Why The Volume And Average Value Of US Mortgages Are Diverging | Business Insider
- How To Tell An Employee They're Failing Without Making Them Cry | Business Insider