Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can a National Quasi-Religion (Pro Sports) Go Broke? | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan Warns Military Escalation In Ukraine "May Lead To A Lehman-Style Shock" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap August 28, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- UK's Cameron Goes Full Scaremonger: "We Will Be Fighting ISIS For Decades" | ZeroHedge
- The Melt Up Is Upon Us | iBankCoin.com
- The Stupendous Failure Of Big City Education: How The Philly Teachers Union Loots The Schools | ZeroHedge
- Is It Time to Ignore the Fed? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A New Hotel Chain Wants Guests To Relive Their College Glory Days | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Peyton Manning Gets Fined For Taunting, Calls It 'Money Well Spent' | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Malaysia Airlines suspends shares ahead of reform plan | Business Insider
- Here's Another Sign That Samsung May Be Moving Away From Android | Business Insider
- JOB OF THE WEEK: Senior Director, Marketing Technology Solutions | Business Insider