Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Prepping Case Linking North Korea To $81MM New York Fed Bank Heist | ZeroHedge
- Economics Of The Standoff Between Turkey And The Netherlands | ZeroHedge
- Nunes Confirms There Was "Incidental Surveillance" Of Trump During Obama Administration, "Seems To Be Inappropriate" | ZeroHedge
- Don't Confuse Immigration With Naturalization | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices +3% as Fed Rate Rise Lags Inflation, Dollar Falls, Greek Debt Deadlines Loom | Financial Sense
- Microsoft Outlook Hit By Another Global Service Outage | ZeroHedge
- NAHB Housing Market Index: "Builders Confidence at 12 Year High" | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump says he wants to tackle drug pricing in the GOP's Obamacare... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- 35 money questions you should be able to answer by 35 | Business Insider
- Twitter's cofounder wants Medium readers to pay $5 a month to fix ‘broken’ media | Business Insider
- Al Franken slams Gorsuch over a 'absurd'... | Business Insider
- Elizabeth Warren has a major issue with Trump... | Business Insider
- The mystery of a runaway star traveling 130,000 mph has finally been solved | Business Insider