Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Morning After: What All Newspapers Are Leading With After Last Night's Debate | ZeroHedge
- As seen on Zero Hedge: The fix is in - wag the dog. | ZeroHedge
- Tax Foundation Analyzes Tax Plans: Trump Tops Clinton For GDP & Wage Growth | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Admits QE 'Economic' Benefits Are Temporary, More Effective As Plunge-Protection For Markets | ZeroHedge
- Why Hillary Clinton Is A Bigger Concern For China Than Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- Nigeria Slashes Oil Prices, Admits There Is A "Huge" Cargo Glut | ZeroHedge
- Opportunity Grows in Indonesia as Tourism Sector Blooms | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 14 of the most ridiculous excuses people have used to call in sick | Business Insider
- Trump's 'bad hombres' and 'nasty woman'... | Business Insider
- Trivago is planning to go public by Thanksgiving | Business Insider
- The AP fact-checked the debate — here's the verdict | Business Insider
- These satellite photos reveal the scorched Earth that ISIS is leaving behind in... | Business Insider
- One of the world's most powerful nations is standing in the way of... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump's campaign manager said she doesn't believe there will be voter fraud | Business Insider