Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trader: Trump Tax Plan Likely To Send S&P To New Record Highs "No Matter What He Says" | ZeroHedge
- Fannie Introduces "Innovative Solutions" Allowing Student-Debt-Laden Millennials To Buy A Home | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Inspector General Launches Investigation Of Michael Flynn | ZeroHedge
- The Main Highlights In Trump's Sweeping Tax Reform Proposal | ZeroHedge
- Trump: "I Don't Fear A Trade War With Canada" | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Throws In The Towel: Cuts Final Q1 GDP Forecast To Just 0.2% | ZeroHedge
- Gas Prices In North Korea Shoot Up 83% As China Mulls Oil Embargo | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- POLL: Trump's border-wall funding is voters' lowest priority in... | Business Insider
- At least 1 killed, 12 injured in a fiery crash on a Los Angeles highway | Business Insider
- A new hedge fund started by a Steve Cohen protégé is off to a strong... | Business Insider
- UK still attractive for insurtech | Business Insider
- What you need to know about the privacy of the new smart camera Amazon wants you to put... | Business Insider
- Here's the oldest business in every state | Business Insider
- The best racing game ever made is getting a truly insane addition | Business Insider