Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production | Financial Sense
- Core Durable Orders Drop Most Since Polar Vortex, Core CapEx Lowest Since May | ZeroHedge
- Why Millennials Still Live at Home (It Isn’t Jobs, Student Debt, or Housing) | Financial Sense
- Housing Data Broadly Mixed | Financial Sense
- The Mystery Of Surging Q3 GDP Explained And Why Americans Are Suddenly $80 Billion "Poorer" | ZeroHedge
- The REAL Looting Is Happening On Wall Street … Not In Ferguson | ZeroHedge
- "We Blew It," Chuck Schumer Says Democrat Focus On Obamacare Was Wrong | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Mark Cuban, Richard Branson, And Other Entrepreneurs Started... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Top 10 Black Friday Deals That You Can't Afford to Miss | TheStreet.com
- The Chinese Economy Is Facing A $6.8 Trillion Nightmare That Could Get Worse... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- 14 Things Every Traveler Should Pack In Their Carry-On | Business Insider
- Grocery Wars: Can AmazonFresh Grab a Place at the Nation's Table? | TheStreet.com