Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Obama Gun "Super Owner" - New Study Finds 50% Of Guns Owned By Just 3% Of Population | ZeroHedge
- Massive Explosion Rocks Budapest, Multiple Injuries, Heavy Police Presence | ZeroHedge
- Why Much of Asia Is Thankful for the Upcoming iPhone Release | Financial Sense
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- Goldman Sachs' 10 Most Important Questions On The Election | ZeroHedge
- Amazon "Tweaks" Its Hillary Book Stats: Doubles '5-Star' Reviews Overnight | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Rules Out Bailout For Deutsche Bank: Depositor Bail-In Coming Up? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why this biotech startup is going after rare neurological... | Business Insider
- Houthi official in Yemen offers border truce, amnesty | Business Insider
- Therapists say that people are 'scared' and 'distressed... | Business Insider
- David Cay Johnston: 'There's no evidence Donald Trump is a... | Business Insider
- The 52 best pictures of the Rio Paralympics | Business Insider
- A divorce attorney shares 4 things successfully married couples do | Business Insider
- People with these personality traits have more and better sex | Business Insider