Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Amtrak Train Derails In Vermont, 4 Reported Injured | ZeroHedge
- A Worrying Set Of Signals | ZeroHedge
- How America's "Think Tanks" Are Compromised & Bought Off By Foreign Governments | ZeroHedge
- Have We Reached A "Peak Water" Tipping Point In California? | ZeroHedge
- October Macro Update: Employment Wasn't Surprisingly Weak | Financial Sense
- Saudi Petrodollar Reserves Fall To 32 Month Low Amid Crude Carnage, Proxy Wars, Budget Bleed | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Dud: Investor Confidence Collapses As PMIs Plunge Across EU | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Biden backs transgender military service as US weighs... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The US CTO wants tech workers to consider a 'tour of duty' working for... | Business Insider
- US commander: Afghans requested deadly US airstrike | Business Insider
- American Apparel files for Ch. 11 bankruptcy protection | Business Insider
- Here comes Markit services PMI ... | Business Insider
- Al Abrams, Motown Records' first press officer, dies at... | Business Insider