Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- On The Looming Wall Of Chinese Defaults, Restructuring Firm Warns "You Know It's Coming" | ZeroHedge
- View From Far Above | ZeroHedge
- Every One Wants Dollars (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need to Know About The Swiss Gold Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Asian Gold Traders Suspicious Of Recent "Turbo Steroid Moves" | ZeroHedge
- Forget Orwell And Rand, We’ve Gone To Full On Plato | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The FBI Just Arrested Two Guys Accused Of Buying Explosives To Use In Ferguson | Business Insider
- Here Are Some New Details On The Sequel To The Hottest Android Phone Of The Year | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The Stage Is Set For An Epic Finish At The World... | Business Insider
- Your Facebook App Is Quietly Clogging Up Your iPhone | Business Insider
- Gay singers test country music's appeal | Business Insider