Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Lock Down Despite Aggressive Plan To Ban Russia From SWIFT, Terrorism & War Risk; Palladium At Multi-Year High Over $900 | ZeroHedge
- Mixed Emotions for the Gold Market | ZeroHedge
- Sunday Matinee at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- Putin Calls For "Immediate Talks" Over Eastern Ukraine "Statehood" | ZeroHedge
- The But-For Test; A Refined List of Buyout Targets | iBankCoin.com
- British Pound Volatility Surges Most Since 2008 As Scottish Referendum "Yes" Vote Looms | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Allegedly Decapitates Second American Journalist | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Gross Photos Show Sewer Workers Battling A '... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Japanese Researchers Develop A 30-Minute Ebola Test | Business Insider
- It's Time To Fix iCloud (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Romance blossoms between German, French leaders in TV film... | Business Insider
- What ABC’s 30-Year-Old ESPN Purchase Teaches Us About Twitch | TheStreet.com
- Why Facebook, Twitter and Jumei Shares Are Poised for Gains | TheStreet.com