Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- GLOBAL GROWTH IS BACK | iBankCoin.com
- The Window For The iBC Investor Conference Is Closing | iBankCoin.com
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- What's Avant-Garde Now? Social Innovation | ZeroHedge
- Central Banker Admits Central Bank Policy Leads To Wealth Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Summation Index Rate of Change | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Spanish town hopes for 'Game of Thrones' tourism... | Business Insider
- The Guardian's CEO Just Blasted The BBC Over Its ‘... | Business Insider
- Randomly Investing In Emerging Markets Isn't Going To Fly Anymore | Business Insider
- Palestinian rams car into Jerusalem crowd, killing baby | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Bulls Are Back in Charge | TheStreet.com
- New York Officials Want Everyone To Chill Out About The Ebola Case | Business Insider
- STOCKS ARE RIPPING HIGHER (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider