Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Look Out Troika, Portugal Names Socialist Antonio Costa Prime Minister | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Bank "Goes There", Applies Negative Rates To Retail Deposits | ZeroHedge
- Turkish F-16s Shoot Down Russian Su-24 Warplane Near Syria Border | ZeroHedge
- From Hope To Nope - Consumer Confidence Crashes To 14-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Russia Declares Warplane Downing A "Hostile Act" But Will It Cut Turkish Gas Supplies? | ZeroHedge
- "How Is This Possible" Deutsche Bank Asks, Looking At The Canary In The Junk Bond Mine | ZeroHedge
- "Central Banks Are Out Of Dry Powder" Stockman Warns "Another Financial Crisis Is Unavoidable" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- France has big night at International Emmys, with 3 wins | Business Insider
- George Best in quotes | Business Insider
- 'Motown the Musical' to Broadway: 'I'll Be... | Business Insider
- Inside 'Africa's North Korea... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Gruden: Panthers QB Newton deserves MVP consideration | Business Insider