Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Turkey Become An "Islamic State"? | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Jumps After Smaller Than Expected Loss; Warns Cash Burn Is About To Hit Ludicrous Speed | ZeroHedge
- Churn, Baby, Churn - The China Commodity Bubble Exposed In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- "Global LIBOR Scapegoat" Turns To Public Crowdfunding To Fund Appeal | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 4 | ZeroHedge
- The War On Paper Currency Officially Begins: ECB Ends Production Of €500 Bill | ZeroHedge
- How Jeff Gundlach Is Preparing For A Trump Presidency | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Indiana Pacers just dumped their head coach and kicked him on his way out | Business Insider
- Kobe Bryant's business venture with a billionaire investor is called... | Business Insider
- Clinton is already thinking of ways to pick off... | Business Insider
- There's something more profitable for pirates than cheap oil | Business Insider
- Most people aren't willing to pay even $1 a year to avoid mobile ads | Business Insider
- Here's how far in advance you should book your flight | Business Insider
- Something odd is happening in China, and it echoes major... | Business Insider