Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Full Geneva Statement On Ukraine "De-escalation" | ZeroHedge
- A Decision Has Been Made | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap April 17, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- If The Smart Money Is Selling, Who's Buying? | ZeroHedge
- So Much For The De-escalation? Kiev Says Military Operation In East Ukraine To Continue | ZeroHedge
- Finding its Way Out of the Cave | iBankCoin.com
- The One Thing Most Desired By Chinese Consumers Is... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day... | StreetInsider.com
- The Netflix-Comcast Deal Led To A Serious Speed Increase For... | Business Insider
- 3 Things You Need To Know To Pass As A Cigar Aficionado | Business Insider
- Wal-Mart To Reduce Cost Of Money Transfers By As Much As 50% | Business Insider
- Delta Flight Ordered To Remote Part Of Denver Airport After Bomb Threat | Business Insider
- IT'S RECORD STORE DAY: Here Are 18 Record Stores Every Music Lover Needs To... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek