Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Next Round of the Great Crisis is at Our Doorstep | ZeroHedge
- US Data and Fed to Drive the Dollar in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- It's Not Just The Students Who Are Broke: LSU Draws Up Bankruptcy Plan | ZeroHedge
- Activity Versus Inactivity | Financial Sense
- EVeRY MaN'S NiGHTMaRe... | ZeroHedge
- Pascal’s Wager | Financial Sense
- When QE Leads To Deflation: A Look At The "Confounding" Global Supply Glut | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- More than 700 reported dead after massive... | Business Insider
- Why Google+ failed, according to Google insiders (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Halt Indonesia drug executions until graft claims... | Business Insider
- Violence erupts at Baltimore police death protest | Business Insider
- There's a funny reason people didn't understand how to use... | Business Insider
- How corporations turned into political beasts | Business Insider
- Here's how Apple plans to prevent 'DeformGate,... | Business Insider