Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap September 19, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- This Is How Italy "Fixes" Its Unsustainable Debt Problem | ZeroHedge
- Liquidations Continue: Stocks, Dollar Slide, Precious Metals Pounded In Asia Trading | ZeroHedge
- The PetroYuan Cometh: China Docks Navy Destroyer In Iran's Strait Of Hormuz Port | ZeroHedge
- The Big Picture For Gold And Silver | ZeroHedge
- Fear And Loathing In Scotland – Why The "NO"s Won & Lessons Learned From The Vote | ZeroHedge
- Just What Sort of Stupid Market is This? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4chan Hackers Are Threatening To Post Naked... | Business Insider
- The Bengals Ran A Classic Trick Play To Perfection For A Touchdown | Business Insider
- 21 Badass Trading Desk Setups From Around The World | Business Insider
- 70,000 Syrian Kurds flee into Turkey in 24 hours: UN | Business Insider
- Tesco reveals 'serious' profit error, shares plunge | Business Insider
- The Scottish National Party Is Now On The Brink Of Political Obliteration | Business Insider
- Here's How Hacked Celebrities Are Responding To The Latest Round... | Business Insider