Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand With 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- What Are The Odds That The 2020-2022 Olympics Will Be Cancelled? | ZeroHedge
- EU President: "Borders Are The Worst Invention Ever Made By Politicians" | ZeroHedge
- The US Has A Huge Rate Of Whites In Incarceration (But Nobody's Talking About It) | ZeroHedge
- Trump Demands Special Prosecutor To Investigate Clinton's "Email Crimes" | ZeroHedge
- Wrong Then, Even Wronger Now: Asininity On Raising Inflation Target To 4% | ZeroHedge
- From Soccer Stars To Bahrain Princes: New Emails Reveal Hillary Clinton Gave Special Access To Foundation Donors | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bentley's ultra-luxurious Bentayga SUV has a year-long backorder— here's what... | Business Insider
- The origin story behind the most iconic song on 'Game of Thrones... | Business Insider
- The world's largest vertical farm will produce 2 million pounds of... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Tesla just became the first electric car on the market to exceed 300... | Business Insider
- Sexy lingerie is being replaced by comfortable 'leisurée' | Business Insider
- Watch Russian warships launch cruise missiles against... | Business Insider