Time to Buy the Housing ETFs?
The Masters turn to InvestingAnswers.com as they tackle a question that many traders have been pondering -- is now the time to buy into real estate related stocks?
If you believe we have finally hit bottom in the U.S. Housing market, some plays to consider are the the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (NYSE:ITB) or the S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSE:XHB), which mostly focuses on homebuilders, but also adds a few home furnishing and home improvement retailers into the mix.
Forget the housing/building stocks, go with the ETFs.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
(http://www.investinganswers.com) What’s the opposite of a bubble? Whatever word applies, it surely describes the housing market.
Whereas asset bubbles are highlighted by fast-rising prices and a frenzy of transactions, a housing bubble is characterized by steadily dropping prices and stagnant activity.
But if you connect the dots, the nation’s most lame asset class looks set to move back into favor. Nobody wants to see a bubble ever again, but a strong case for investing in real estate may finally be in the making.
Time for a Rebound?
Of course, we’ve heard this sentiment before. In 2008, economists thought the housing sector would hit bottom and rebound in 2009. That forecast got pushed out to 2010, and then, well, people stopped trying to predict a rebound altogether. Home prices peaked in the second quarter of 2007 and have been falling ever since.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- End Of An Era: The Rise And Fall Of The Petrodollar System | ZeroHedge
- Fund Managers at Highest Cash Levels in 14 Years | Financial Sense
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: June Industrial Production Rebounds | Financial Sense
- What investors need to know about USAs FOREX rules | ZeroHedge
- The Girl Child Arrives | Financial Sense
- Its 2007 Deja Vu All Over Again: Goldman Is Raising $8 Billion LBO Fund | ZeroHedge
- Awkward? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Donald Trump rails against Ted Cruz in surreal rant, says he wouldn't... | Business Insider
- Making margaritas can give you painful second-degree burns — here's how | Business Insider
- George Harrison's estate bashed Donald Trump for... | Business Insider
- Here's what Trump's health care plan would actually do | Business Insider
- Starbucks' controversial rewards program is key to the future of the coffee... | Business Insider
- How to convince anyone you're a good listener | Business Insider
- Kaine's past may hurt Clinton's outreach to... | Business Insider