Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Perversion of Capitalism: A Credit-Based Versus Capital-Based System | ZeroHedge
- The Troika Turns Europe Into A Warzone | ZeroHedge
- Plunge In Export Prices Is Now Worse Than The Great Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Part-Time Jobs Surge By 161,000; Full-Time Jobs Tumble By 349,000 | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Plummet Despite Government Threats To Shorts, Europe Lower, US Closed | ZeroHedge
- US Equity Futures Give Up Early Gains, Nasdaq Biggest Loser | ZeroHedge
- Shale Drillers About To Be "Zero Hedged" As Loss Protection Expires | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 1,200 Microsoft sales staffers offered jobs... | Business Insider
- Top 10... | StreetInsider.com
- Is draft beer better than bottled beer? | Business Insider
- White still not right at Wimbledon | Business Insider
- A company spun out of Alibaba is now worth as much as $50... | Business Insider
- US Episcopal Church approves same-sex marriages | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek