Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US & China Stocks Are Plunging After PMI Hits 6.5-Year Low, PBOC Strengthens Yuan Most Since Nov 2014 | ZeroHedge
- One Theory About Last Monday's ETF Implosion | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Sanders Blasts "The Business Model Of Wall Street Is Fraud" | ZeroHedge
- America’s Ballooning Student Debt: Lessons Learned From Chile | Financial Sense
- The Key To Success: Friendship. Here’s Why. | Altucher Confidential
- Where Does the Market Go From Here? | Financial Sense
- The "Great Accumulation" Is Over: The Biggest Risk Facing The World's Central Banks Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- London's newest private members' club will be full of accountants | Business Insider
- Here are all 10 of Miley Cyrus' bizarre costumes she wore to host the MTV VMAs | Business Insider
- US Supreme Court justice gave some amazing... | Business Insider
- These charts show the immensity of the US' defense budget | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- The Latest: Women, children fleeing through Macedonia... | Business Insider
- China says 197 punished in crackdown on online rumors | Business Insider