Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Worst Case If The Oil Slump Continues: "A Profit Recession" | ZeroHedge
- The Breakdown Of International Cooperation | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Housing Data Broadly Mixed | Financial Sense
- Veteran S&P Futures Trader: "I Am 100% Confident That Central Banks Are Buying S&P Futures" | ZeroHedge
- LooTeRS!!! | ZeroHedge
- Japan Falls Into Surprise Recession | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bill Belichick Benches Player Who Just Had The Game Of His Life For Showing Up Late To Practice... | Business Insider
- Jameis Winston Avoids A Huge Disaster When He Shoves A Ref And Doesn't Get Ejected... | Business Insider
- Boko Haram kills 48 fish vendors in northeast Nigeria | Business Insider
- Man Puts An Ad On Craigslist Offering Himself Up As The Worst Thanksgiving Date... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Joy for Federer as Swiss win Davis Cup | Business Insider
- Microsoft: Compared To Apple And Yahoo, We Are NOT Overpaying Our New CEO (MSFT) | Business Insider