Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Dollar Decline Continues: China Starts Direct Convertibility With Asia's #1 Financial Hub | ZeroHedge
- Headwinds for the U.S. and U.K. Economies | Financial Sense
- Why We're Poorer: Inflation And Deflation Are Now Globalized | ZeroHedge
- The Halloween Yen Massacre Sends Market To All-Time Highs | ZeroHedge
- The Biotech Pain Trade | iBankCoin.com
- Despite Plunge In Spending, Consumer Confidence Jumps To 7-Year High | ZeroHedge
- Staring Down The Meat Grinder | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Is That... Wage Growth?!?! | Business Insider
- NOPE: People Are Getting Rejected Hundreds Of Millions Of Times On Tinder Every Day | Business Insider
- Business Insider Is Hiring A Markets Contributors Editor | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- The Navy SEAL Who Wrote The Book About The Bin Laden Raid Is Under Criminal... | Business Insider
- The Simple Reason Why The San Francisco Giants Can't Be Considered A Dynasty | Business Insider
- This Brain Map Shows Why People On Shrooms See Sounds And Hear Colors | Business Insider