Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The Fed Expects 2018 Rates To Be Between 0% And 4.5% | ZeroHedge
- Jackson Hole Conference Schedule And List Of Attendees Released | ZeroHedge
- SoRoS... | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Brexit Probably Most Bullish Thing That Happened This Summer | Financial Sense
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- "Will Yellen Shock Today?" | ZeroHedge
- Another Warning Sign | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Philippines' president is accusing... | Business Insider
- 10 best games you may have missed from the past few years | Business Insider
- 18 signs that it's time to start looking for another job | Business Insider
- US retailers should look to the UK in order to... | Business Insider
- The 10 most critical problems in the world, according... | Business Insider
- 7 apps that can make your morning routine better... | Business Insider
- 9 items you shouldn't buy at Costco | Business Insider