Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Blood Red From Big Blue: Why IBM Is Crashing, In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Why Chinese Growth Forecasts Just Crashed To A Paltry 3.9% - And Are Going Even Lower - In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Hedge Funds Have Worst Week Since 2011: Here Are The Best And Worst Performers In October And 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Neutralized into the Bell | iBankCoin.com
- "Ebola Cruise" Returns To Texas After Suspected Healthcare Worker Cleared | ZeroHedge
- Staring Into the Big Blue Abyss | iBankCoin.com
- Beware The Putrid Stream Of Terrified "Liquidity" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Get An Hour Of Ad-Free Music On Pandora For $0 | Business Insider
- Google Is Leading A $542 Million Investment In Magic Leap, A Crazy-Sounding Stealth... | Business Insider
- The Air Force's... | Business Insider
- Here's A Quick Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Right Now | Business Insider
- Teco Energy (TE) to Sell Coal Mining Subsidiary in $170M Deal... | StreetInsider.com
- Stock Market Today: Broader Markets Rise but Dow Slips on IBM Miss | TheStreet.com
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider