Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Stocks Acting Like a Professional Today | iBankCoin.com
- CUE PANIC BUYING | iBankCoin.com
- Big Four Economic Indicators See Strong Advance | Financial Sense
- Facebook Beats But CFO Leaving | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Consumer Spending: A Positive Surprise! | Financial Sense
- New Home Sales Collapse To 8 Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Just Because Tech Stocks Are Cratering, That Doesn’t Mean They Ain’t Cool | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A California Politician Wants To Give Tons Of Students 'Free' Tuition — But... | Business Insider
- Business Insider Is Looking For An Awesome UI/UX Designer | Business Insider
- David Einhorn's New Letter Is Out And It's Making Some Stocks Go Nuts (CONN, CMG,... | Business Insider
- A Small Creek Connects The Atlantic And Pacific Oceans | Business Insider
- 19 New Works Of Art That Have The World Buzzing | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- 9 Wonderful French Expressions That Have No Good English Equivalent | Business Insider