Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- From 65 Days To 9 Hours - The Incredible Shrinking Life Of Market Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Life Expectancy In U.S. Drops For The First Time In Decades - "This Is A Big Deal" | ZeroHedge
- Longest Winning Streak For Global Stocks Since September On Monte Paschi Bailout Hopes, ECB Optimism | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- What Comes After the Trump Rally? | Financial Sense
- Yuan Strengthens After Rebound In China Exports, Trade Balance Disappoints | ZeroHedge
- In Unprecedented Move, Dallas Pension System Suspends Withdrawals | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Union boss fires back at Trump: You should 'know how many damn jobs you'... | Business Insider
- Fox News host Chris Wallace to sit down with Trump for postelection interview | Business Insider
- 50 must-have tech accessories under $50 | Business Insider
- Women think it's harder for them to succeed on Wall... | Business Insider
- Apple says it is working closely with the Chinese government to kill... | Business Insider
- 7 phases I went through to get from waiting tables to owning a 6-... | Business Insider
- 9 gifts and gadgets for the avid reader in your life | Business Insider