Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greek Deposit Outflows Soar In Run-Up To Syriza Victory | ZeroHedge
- Russia’s Plans for Arctic Supremacy | Financial Sense
- New Jobless Claims at 307K, a Bit Higher Than Expected | Financial Sense
- Axel Merk: Why Asset Prices Must Return To Lower Levels | ZeroHedge
- NEWS FROM THE ASS OF EUROPE | iBankCoin.com
- The US-Saudi Relationship (Summed Up In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- QE…D: Why Printing Money will end badly for the US | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How To Spot A Real-Life Spy | Business Insider
- Kerry heads to Nigeria amid tensions over polls, Boko... | Business Insider
- China And Pakistan Are Much Closer Than People Think | Business Insider
- The 25 Funniest SNL Cast Members Of All Time, Ranked | Business Insider
- Here's How To Get A Copy Of Every Tweet You've Ever Posted (TWTR... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Oil Inventories Are Basically Off The Chart (USO, OIL) | Business Insider