Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eric Cantor Sold For $3.4 Million: Former Head Republican Joins M&A Investment Bank As Vice Chairman | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Fantastic Bond Bubble: How Central Banks Have Unleashed Mindless Speculation | ZeroHedge
- Does France Need A 21st Century Revolution? | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Dominates Globe in Biofuel Production | Financial Sense
- Metals: Start of a New Trend? | Financial Sense
- The Chart Obama Does Not Want Merkel To See | ZeroHedge
- Who Said It? Chairman Mao Or President Obama | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Food Prices Have Begun Skyrocketing In Parts Of Russia | Business Insider
- The 33 Most Expensive Movie Props Ever Sold | Business Insider
- US MANUFACTURING JUMPS TO HIGHEST LEVEL SINCE APRIL 2010 | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- An NFL Player Got A Tattoo On His Face To Keep Himself From Ever Getting A Normal Job | Business Insider
- Colts Owner Jim Irsay Suspended For 6 Games, Fined $500,000 | Business Insider