Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- W-I-L-D! | ZeroHedge
- What Happened With LTCM Is Now Happening Across The Political And Economic World | ZeroHedge
- Target2 Imbalances Grow: ECB Overtakes Greece as Third Largest Debtor | Financial Sense
- Facebook Introduces "Political Bias" Training For Employees | ZeroHedge
- Brexit: What to Expect After the EU-UK Membership Vote | Financial Sense
- Charts: MASSIVE Speculative Bets on Gold - Bremain Vote Could Lead to Major Selloff | Financial Sense
- Tony Robbins Asks Everyone To "Storm Across A Bed Of Hot Coals" - Dozens Get Injured | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 reasons Brexit does not portend a Trump victory — and one reason to worry | Business Insider
- Einstein's 100-year-old theory is helping us... | Business Insider
- The top 5 digital trends for 2016 | Business Insider
- A former hedge fund manager who retired at 36 has put together a video on how to predict... | Business Insider
- If you want to work in tech, you need to know these 2 essential... | Business Insider
- A conversation with a friend made me wonder if I'm thinking about... | Business Insider
- State bans on assault-style weapons haven't been... | Business Insider