Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Get Ready... For The Pogrom! | ZeroHedge
- Worth Wray on the Single Most Dangerous Catalyst for a Global Financial Crisis | Financial Sense
- Pros & Cons Of Obama's $10/Barrel Oil Tax | ZeroHedge
- The Number Everyone's Been Waiting For: Chinese Reserves Plunge By $100BN - What Does It Mean For Markets? | ZeroHedge
- Video Shows Tens Of Thousands Massing At Turkey Border As Russia, Iran Bear Down On Key Syrian City | ZeroHedge
- Gold to Beat Stocks? | Financial Sense
- An Exasperated John Kerry Throws In Towel On Syria: "What Do You Want Me To Do, Go To War With The Russians?!" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE... | Business Insider
- Argentina is offering $6.5 billion in cash to pay off its creditors | Business Insider
- Here's what the old-school computer viruses from the '80s... | Business Insider
- A staple wardrobe item for American women is getting a huge... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- One simple upgrade can make charging all of your mobile devices less of a headache | Business Insider
- The hot debate on Wall Street has descended into an ugly war of words | Business Insider