Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Reiterates Position of Extended Low Rates | Financial Sense
- Bought Triple D | iBankCoin.com
- How the Surge of Hot Money Pushes San Francisco to the Brink | ZeroHedge
- Crises Take Longer Coming Than You Think, and Happen Much Faster Than You Thought | Financial Sense
- Another Candidate to Bounce Back from the Dark Side | iBankCoin.com
- Chinese Premier Li Admits Central Planning May Not Be Optimal | ZeroHedge
- The Rot Within, Part I: Our Ponzi Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How Specially Formulated Pills Keep Addicts From Abusing Them | Business Insider
- One Man Made Art From His WiFi Signals, And The Results Are Stunning | Business Insider
- Business Economists Are Sending A Very Clear Warning That Wage Growth Is Happening | Business Insider
- Apple Will Murder Microsoft and Bury It With BlackBerry's Corpse | TheStreet.com
- The 20 Greatest WWE Champions of ALL Time | TheStreet.com
- A New Apple Patent Called ‘iTime’ Might Hint At What’s Coming For The iWatch | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek