Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Which Stocks Are Cheap? | ZeroHedge
- Are You Following the Rules? | Altucher Confidential
- 1 Journalist Dead, 3 More Arrested After Exposing Turkey Arming Syrian Extremists | ZeroHedge
- Fourth Turning - Our Rendezvous With Destiny | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Oil Trade Full Frontal: "Raqqa's Rockefellers", Bilal Erdogan, KRG Crude, And The Israel Connection | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: November 30 | ZeroHedge
- Mission Accomplished | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Day after players-only meeting, Redskins beat Giants 20-14... | Business Insider
- The University of... | Business Insider
- Luc Bondy, Swiss opera, theater director, dies at 67 | Business Insider
- The Latest: Colorado governor: Man, woman killed in... | Business Insider
- Obama, Xi to meet on sidelines of Paris climate conference... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Jury selection starts in Freddie Gray case | Business Insider
- US aid worker made little effort to hide work in Cuba | Business Insider