Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I AM NO LONGER SCREWED FOR 15 YEARS | iBankCoin.com
- Russia Warns NATO: Any Threat In Ukraine Will See Military Response | ZeroHedge
- 2-Year T-Note Shows Path for FOMC | Financial Sense
- THE NEXT BIG THING IS RIGHT HERE | iBankCoin.com
- Citi Reiterates "Keep Calm, And Lever Up" Call | ZeroHedge
- Gold and Debt: Astonishing Comparisons | ZeroHedge
- Breaking Bad (Debt) - Episode 3 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unbelievable video of a man feeding alligators with his mouth in a Louisiana... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett fired a huge shot at the private equity business (BRKA... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Argentina's president just gave her most delusional... | Business Insider
- The 24 coolest tech startups in Scandinavia | Business Insider
- If you're having trouble finding a room in Omaha, Warren Buffett suggests you check... | Business Insider
- PayPal is going to buy the startup behind Wal-Mart's Apple Pay competitor... | Business Insider