Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Origins and Implications of the Scottish Referendum | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul Asks "Will The Swiss Vote To Get Their Gold Back?" | ZeroHedge
- 4 C’s That Could Change The Financial World As We Know It, Again | ZeroHedge
- NSA Warns "Bad Guys Are Everywhere" As Spooks Run Afoul Of German Laws Again | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: September 16 | ZeroHedge
- The Sweet Taste of Russia | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China's Xi makes maiden India visit, seeking to reset... | Business Insider
- 19 Famous Thomas Jefferson 'Quotes' That He Actually... | Business Insider
- Tiger Woods Is Obsessed With Working Out | Business Insider
- Cognizant Is Buying TriZetto for $2.7 Billion Because Delivery Models Are Changing | TheStreet.com
- After... | StreetInsider.com
- Stock Market Today: Stocks Inch Higher as Eyes Turn to the Fed | TheStreet.com
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek