Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Project Veritas Exposes “DisruptJ20” Plot To Cause Inauguration Chaos, Deplorables Out Organizer As Potential #PizzaGate Pedo | ZeroHedge
- Secular Stagnation Theory: Challenge to DeLong, Summers, Bernanke, Krugman, Keen, Pettis, Edwards | Financial Sense
- Why Futures Are Lower: JPMorgan Summarizes The Chaotic Overnight Session | ZeroHedge
- Just How Crowded Is The "Long Dollar" Trade? The Answer In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- I Did 200 Podcasts With My Heroes. This is What I Learned… | Altucher Confidential
- Peak Savings: Wall Street Faces 20 Years Of Retirement Withdrawals As Boomers Hit 70 1/2 | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Boosted By Struggling US Dollar | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Early champions of the most ubiquitous retirement plan in the US say it hasn't lived... | Business Insider
- Nike made a special pair of personalized Air Jordans for President... | Business Insider
- The author of 'A Series of Unfortunate Events... | Business Insider
- United Airlines beat fourth quarter earnings estimates, but a massive tax... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- For $8,000, this startup will fill your veins with the blood of young... | Business Insider
- The 5 best banks for your money in 2017 | Business Insider