Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Military "Accidentally" Sends Live Anthrax To 9 States Via FedEx | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 28 | ZeroHedge
- Low Wages & Unemployment Are An Existential Crisis For Millions | ZeroHedge
- In Support of Ubers of the World | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Much Of Your Life The US Has Spent At War | ZeroHedge
- Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager Paul Singer Reveals The "Bigger Short" | ZeroHedge
- China Outlines New "Offensive" Military Strategy; Builds Lighthouses In Disputed Waters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- EU to unveil latest plan to absorb migrants fairly | Business Insider
- Here's everything you need to know about Manhattenhenge 2015... | Business Insider
- The peer-to-... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Football's top sponsors pressure FIFA to clean up | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek