Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers Says CEO of Large UK Construction Firm | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: September 30 | ZeroHedge
- Vice Index Shows the Start of a Downtrend | Financial Sense
- Real Estate Bubbles: Vancouver, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Munich, and Hong Kong Top List | Financial Sense
- "The Fed Is Leading Us To Economic Hell" Mauldin Warns "Only A Public Outcry Can Stop It" | ZeroHedge
- Rumor Rescues Deutsche From Banking Bloodbath But Gold Tops Stocks In September | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Rumor Causing The Spike In Deutsche Bank Shares | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I normally like my watches to be as simple as possible — this company's watch is the... | Business Insider
- Bailing out Deutsche Bank would be a terrible decision for Angela Merkel | Business Insider
- The FDA gives out 'Willy Wonka golden tickets' to fast-track new drugs for kids... | Business Insider
- This might be the most badass cockpit selfie ever taken | Business Insider
- The US's relationship with Saudi Arabia is longstanding — and totally... | Business Insider
- A $69 million superyacht with its own library and Jacuzzi... | Business Insider
- Elon Musk is not alone — Silicon Valley is boosting investment in... | Business Insider