Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart Of The Day: "Cost Of Living" Edition | ZeroHedge
- Q3: Not Amazing Nor Disappointing | Financial Sense
- New York Fed's Conference Evokes Violent Thoughts Against Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- It’s Important that You Retain This Information | iBankCoin.com
- Institutional Fish: "It's All Just A Pretend Game" | ZeroHedge
- Why The Market Kept Breaking Yesterday | ZeroHedge
- Friday Humor: Windows 10 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Work At BI — Front-End Developer / Web Design Opening - CLONE | Business Insider
- Why Sears Was Doomed Back In 1978 | Business Insider
- Why Soaring Chromebook Sales Are Great News for Google, Acer, Samsung and HP | TheStreet.com
- This Is What A US Airstrike On ISIS Looks Like | Business Insider
- Wanderers in fairytale run to AFC Champions League final... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- This Incredible Star-Shaped Superyacht Will Cost Half A Billion Dollars | Business Insider