Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dow Breaks Below Key "Bullard Bounce" Trendline | ZeroHedge
- Futures Tumble As Yemen War Starts; Oil, Gold Surges | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things: No Money, Wall Street's Big Scam, Bottom 80% | ZeroHedge
- A MeSSaGe To YeMeN... | ZeroHedge
- Trade Idea | iBankCoin.com
- Explaining The Latest War In The Middle East With One Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The oil sector is destroying overall capital goods spending (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- MAP: Why oil prices spike when there's fighting in the Gulf states | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers... | StreetInsider.com
- PGA golfer made what is being called the craziest birdie in golf history | Business Insider
- Former Afghan... | Business Insider
- The Germanwings co-pilot reportedly received... | Business Insider
- US launches Tikrit air strikes to support Iraqi forces | Business Insider