Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Join Three Pro Traders for a Live Education Session Monday Night! | FundMyMutualFund
- Why Germany Objects To ECB QE (In 1 Crazy Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Competition Finally Upsets the Biggest Monopoly of All: OPEC | Financial Sense
- THe INTeRViEW... | ZeroHedge
- 150 Years Of Global Monetary Policy Summed Up In One Word (And 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- U.S. in a Sweet Spot! | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong Asks "Will They Hang Bankers Again On Wall Street?" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mike Myers Crashes 'SNL' As Dr. Evil To Address Sony Hack | Business Insider
- Microsoft Plans A Virtual Reality Headset For Xbox One... | Business Insider
- Deere & Co. (DE) to Sell Crop Insurance Unit | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Where People Are Using Apple Pay The Most (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Even the French turning queasy over force-fed foie gras | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- HP Stream 13 Notebook Review: A Super-Affordable Windows Laptop | TheStreet.com