Finally Some Good News on Housing
Fellow Masters for those of you that are homeowners we finally got some good news that our most expensive asset may be making a comeback.
(Bloomberg.com) Sales of previously owned U.S. homes rose in December to the highest level since January 2011, adding to evidence residential real estate was stabilizing heading into the new year.
Purchases (ETSLTOTL) increased for a third month, climbing 5 percent to a 4.61 million annual rate, the National Association of Realtors said today in Washington. The gain helped push the number of houses on the market to a six-year low.
Less-expensive properties, a pickup in employment and the lowest mortgage rates on record may give Americans the confidence to take on their biggest investment, buying a house. At the same time, the foreclosure crisis continues to threaten parts of the country, which will probably inhibit more broad- based gains in the industry that triggered the recession.
“It’s going to be a slow process, but we are finally starting to see signs that an adjustment is occurring in housing,” said Troy Davig, a senior U.S. economist at Barclays Capital Inc. in New York. “You’re going to have some markets where foreclosures were less of an issue and those markets are going to do quite well.” Continue..
Back to the house party...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No Matter Who Wins The White House, The New Boss Will Be The Same As The Old Boss | ZeroHedge
- King Dollar Hurting Earnings! | Financial Sense
- Is May 9 The Grexit Date? | ZeroHedge
- Congress Is Trying To Reauthorize Key Patriot Act Provisions by Sneaking it Into 'USA Freedom Act' | ZeroHedge
- Markets Retreat on Increased Risk of Greek Default | Financial Sense
- Dollar Strength May Revitalize “Constant Currency” Reporting | Financial Sense
- One Day After Recommending the Veritaseum Leveraged Macro Trade Against Goldman's Earnings, 50% Profit! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Terror arrests in Australia over planned ANZAC Day attack... | Business Insider
- The next 'Star Wars' game will show off the new planet teased in '... | Business Insider
- We just got a closer look at Microsoft Office 2016, and here are the features... | Business Insider
- People have one huge misconception about T.J. Maxx | Business Insider
- 70 people were injured while filming this movie with 100 untamed lions... | Business Insider
- The 10 best green cars of 2015 | Business Insider