Searching for High Yield CDs (Mar 2013)
Sick of gambling your money in the stock market? We all are. The only problem is in 2013 high yield CDs are far from "high yield". More like zero yield. But for those that still care about these options here is what you can find nationwide as of March 2013.
There are really only two options worth considering at this ponit (March 24th) -- GE Capital Retail Bank or Ally Bank.
GE Capital Retail Bank will reward investors depending on how much money you put down. We won't consider locking up money for more than two years which seems likes a lifetime. If you have at least $2K then consider the 24 month option which amounts to a 1.1% APY. Even if you could pony up $100K and lock it away for 24 months they will only pay out an additional .05%. If you are going to consider GE Capital lock away less than $10K with them. GE Capital Retail Bank's CD offers can be found at their website - click to open. You can do better with our next option at Ally Bank.
Ally Bank right off the bat catches your attention with their 12 month .89% APY with any minimum balance. That means you could just put down $1,000 and walk away with the same offer if you had $10K to invest. Mastery likes this option because it only keeps your money for a year with the bank. To check out all of Ally's deals click here.
Fellow Masters we believe you can do better with our 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013 which are Exelon (EXC) (6.2% annual dividend yield), Safeway (SWY) (2.7% annual dividend yield), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) (7.24% annual dividend yield). In 2013 all of these stocks are up more than 13% with Safeway up an incredible 42%. High dividend stocks are much more valuable than 'high yield CDs' in 2013, the end.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Equities... Last. Man. Standing. | ZeroHedge
- Oil Slides After Brazil Denies Saudi Production Cut Request | ZeroHedge
- Germany Slams Trump Criticism: Urges US To "Build Better Cars", Accuses Washington Of Causing Refugee Crisis | ZeroHedge
- In Defense Of Populism | ZeroHedge
- Here's Why America's Drug War Has Been An Epic Failure | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach: The Biggest Risk to the Current Rally Is Donald Trump | Financial Sense
- MLK's Niece Admits "I Voted For Trump" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These are the leading credit card processing companies (JPM, BAC, C, WFC, VNTV,... | Business Insider
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without... | Business Insider
- THE VIRTUAL REALITY REPORT: How the early days of VR are unfolding and the challenges it must... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- 3 charts that may explain why the 'Trump rally' is... | Business Insider
- Trump's secretary of education pick is expected to be grilled in Senate... | Business Insider
- Mankind is facing an apocalyptic moral test, says evolutionary psychologist | Business Insider