Searching for High Yield CDs (Mar 2013)
Sick of gambling your money in the stock market? We all are. The only problem is in 2013 high yield CDs are far from "high yield". More like zero yield. But for those that still care about these options here is what you can find nationwide as of March 2013.
There are really only two options worth considering at this ponit (March 24th) -- GE Capital Retail Bank or Ally Bank.
GE Capital Retail Bank will reward investors depending on how much money you put down. We won't consider locking up money for more than two years which seems likes a lifetime. If you have at least $2K then consider the 24 month option which amounts to a 1.1% APY. Even if you could pony up $100K and lock it away for 24 months they will only pay out an additional .05%. If you are going to consider GE Capital lock away less than $10K with them. GE Capital Retail Bank's CD offers can be found at their website - click to open. You can do better with our next option at Ally Bank.
Ally Bank right off the bat catches your attention with their 12 month .89% APY with any minimum balance. That means you could just put down $1,000 and walk away with the same offer if you had $10K to invest. Mastery likes this option because it only keeps your money for a year with the bank. To check out all of Ally's deals click here.
Fellow Masters we believe you can do better with our 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013 which are Exelon (EXC) (6.2% annual dividend yield), Safeway (SWY) (2.7% annual dividend yield), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) (7.24% annual dividend yield). In 2013 all of these stocks are up more than 13% with Safeway up an incredible 42%. High dividend stocks are much more valuable than 'high yield CDs' in 2013, the end.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dallas Fed Respondent: "Sometime After The Election, Data Will Show That In 2016 The U.S. Was In Recession" | ZeroHedge
- Is the UK Economy Doing Better Post-Brexit? | Financial Sense
- Greek 'Thought Police' Prosecute Bishop For (Accurately) Calling 'Refugees', "Illegal Migrants" | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Slams US Comments That Its Bombing Of US Allies "Is Unacceptable" Are "Unacceptable" | ZeroHedge
- As Vancouver's Housing Market Implodes, Furious Chinese Envoy Slams Real Estate Tax | ZeroHedge
- White Lives Matter Has Been Branded A "Hate Group" | ZeroHedge
- Echo Boomers Will Fire Up Housing Market | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NBA rookies are surprisingly unimpressed with No. 1 pick Ben... | Business Insider
- A dispute involving Michael J. Fox... | Business Insider
- Poland: Anti-migrant EU partners have a point, Merkel... | Business Insider
- 21 highly successful people who prove getting fired doesn't mean your career is... | Business Insider
- Colin Kaepernick has been vocal about social injustice for months... | Business Insider
- Today is one of the best days of year to buy our favorite streaming stick | Business Insider
- IGNITION 2016: Exec at China's biggest tech... | Business Insider