Searching for High Yield CDs (Mar 2013)
Sick of gambling your money in the stock market? We all are. The only problem is in 2013 high yield CDs are far from "high yield". More like zero yield. But for those that still care about these options here is what you can find nationwide as of March 2013.
There are really only two options worth considering at this ponit (March 24th) -- GE Capital Retail Bank or Ally Bank.
GE Capital Retail Bank will reward investors depending on how much money you put down. We won't consider locking up money for more than two years which seems likes a lifetime. If you have at least $2K then consider the 24 month option which amounts to a 1.1% APY. Even if you could pony up $100K and lock it away for 24 months they will only pay out an additional .05%. If you are going to consider GE Capital lock away less than $10K with them. GE Capital Retail Bank's CD offers can be found at their website - click to open. You can do better with our next option at Ally Bank.
Ally Bank right off the bat catches your attention with their 12 month .89% APY with any minimum balance. That means you could just put down $1,000 and walk away with the same offer if you had $10K to invest. Mastery likes this option because it only keeps your money for a year with the bank. To check out all of Ally's deals click here.
Fellow Masters we believe you can do better with our 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013 which are Exelon (EXC) (6.2% annual dividend yield), Safeway (SWY) (2.7% annual dividend yield), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) (7.24% annual dividend yield). In 2013 all of these stocks are up more than 13% with Safeway up an incredible 42%. High dividend stocks are much more valuable than 'high yield CDs' in 2013, the end.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Unloads On Hillary Speech Attacking His "Dark" Vision For America | ZeroHedge
- Ireland Jails 3 Top Bankers Over 2008 Collapse... Instead Of Bailing Them Out | ZeroHedge
- Excerpts From Hillary Clinton's Speech | ZeroHedge
- Stock Pickers Throw In The Towel: "Active Manager Beta Exposure Is The Highest Ever" | ZeroHedge
- Worlds Made By Hand: "Survival Of The Fittest Will Replace Checking In On Facebook" | ZeroHedge
- US Government Entitlements - The Sixth Biggest Economy On Earth | ZeroHedge
- Previewing The BOJ's Decision: What Wall Street Expects Will Happen | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 25 best fast-food chains in America | Business Insider
- Police in Belgium arrested 2 men suspected of planning an attack... | Business Insider
- GrubHub reported a record quarter but there are... | Business Insider
- The 12 worst money habits and how to break them | Business Insider
- The 25 best public law schools in America | Business Insider
- A scientist is building 'immortal' plasma rockets to send humans to Mars | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek