Searching for High Yield CDs (Mar 2013)
Sick of gambling your money in the stock market? We all are. The only problem is in 2013 high yield CDs are far from "high yield". More like zero yield. But for those that still care about these options here is what you can find nationwide as of March 2013.
There are really only two options worth considering at this ponit (March 24th) -- GE Capital Retail Bank or Ally Bank.
GE Capital Retail Bank will reward investors depending on how much money you put down. We won't consider locking up money for more than two years which seems likes a lifetime. If you have at least $2K then consider the 24 month option which amounts to a 1.1% APY. Even if you could pony up $100K and lock it away for 24 months they will only pay out an additional .05%. If you are going to consider GE Capital lock away less than $10K with them. GE Capital Retail Bank's CD offers can be found at their website - click to open. You can do better with our next option at Ally Bank.
Ally Bank right off the bat catches your attention with their 12 month .89% APY with any minimum balance. That means you could just put down $1,000 and walk away with the same offer if you had $10K to invest. Mastery likes this option because it only keeps your money for a year with the bank. To check out all of Ally's deals click here.
Fellow Masters we believe you can do better with our 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013 which are Exelon (EXC) (6.2% annual dividend yield), Safeway (SWY) (2.7% annual dividend yield), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) (7.24% annual dividend yield). In 2013 all of these stocks are up more than 13% with Safeway up an incredible 42%. High dividend stocks are much more valuable than 'high yield CDs' in 2013, the end.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tax Foundation Analyzes Tax Plans: 10-Year GDP (Trump +6.9%, Hillary -2.6%), Wage Growth (Trump +5.4%, Hillary -2.1%) | Financial Sense
- Hedge Fund Managers Expect "Massive" Pay Cut In 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Kim Kardashian, Millionaire Cops and the 1% | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Linked To Mysterious Front Associated with Julian Assange Pedophile Smear | ZeroHedge
- Why They Keep Trade Deals Secret | ZeroHedge
- Opportunity Grows in Indonesia as Tourism Sector Blooms | Financial Sense
- Dallas Police Retiring in Droves, Taking Lump Sum Pensions, Fearing the Money Isn’t There (And It Isn’t) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tesla cars are getting a powerful new brain to be able to drive themselves (TSLA... | Business Insider
- What it's like using the 'iPhone of vaporizers' — a $275 gadget that lets you smoke weed on... | Business Insider
- Here's what happens when you get kicked off an airplane | Business Insider
- Saudi Arabia just executed a prince — and some Saudis see it as a sign of equality | Business Insider
- This app lets you rate your experience with police officers like Yelp... | Business Insider
- The UK is hacking the Islamic State to support the fight... | Business Insider
- 30 everyday habits that can help you build wealth | Business Insider