Harry and Lloyd say "Buy" so it must be Right
Sorry fellow Masters, this Stock Master ain't buying it. There are too many problems to list and equities keep rising on a 'Smoke and Mirrors' everything is super mentality. How much higher can Apple (AAPL) and other popular stocks keep running?
Fun fact No. 1 to consider is how much stocks have recovered since 2008. Three years ago, the S&P 500 tanked to 683. Today the S&P 500 pushed past 1,400.
Fun Fact No 2 to consider, the average bull market lasts 53 months, or nearly four and a half years, according to Sam Stovall, equity strategist at Standard & Poor's Corp. But after a severe correction, a bull market lasts for only 26 more months before giving way. (source: LA Times).
Not to be Negative Nancy but the problems underlying bullish equity prices have not been solved, namely Greece, China, Lather, Rinse, Repeat. We tend not to listen and go with the herd in fear of missing out of stock prices going higher. After all, who doesn't want to milk a few more points out of their holdings before it all goes to hell. This was the case this week after Retail Sales and Banks said it was All Good, thus Everything is Fixed. More disturbing than all of the above has been the latest view on bonds. They're no good, therefore everyone should rush out and buy stocks. The Powers-that-be have issued a triple stamp no erasies that stock prices will keep increasing. You can't tripple stamp a double stamp which is why stocks like Apple (AAPL) will keep running.
You buying it?
For this next segment picture Goldman Sachs (GS) President Gary Cohn played by 'Harry' and CEO Lloyd Blankfein played naturally by -- 'LLoyd'. Enjoy, this is just how Wall Street works at the top.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ISM Biggest Miss Since January: Orders Tumble, Employment Slides, Backlogs Contract, Construction Spending Negative | ZeroHedge
- How Much Longer Can the Global Trading System Last? | Financial Sense
- Eurozone Inflation Drops To Fresh 5 Year Low, EURUSD Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- CDC Releases Q&A On Ebola In America As Rumors Swirl Of Second US Case | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Curve Roundtrips To Flattest Since S&P's "666" Intraday Lows | ZeroHedge
- Ebola In America: The Confirmed Case In Dallas, Texas Could Change Everything | ZeroHedge
- "Russia Could Ditch Dollar In 2-3 Years"; Deputy PM Warns Nuclear Subs "Could Reach Any Country On Any Continent" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fashion Brands Are Making Bigger Pockets On Their... | Business Insider
- Europe's Youth Unemployment Stats Are Still Horrific | Business Insider
- Netflix branches into films with 'Crouching Tiger... | Business Insider
- China's 'Facts On The Ground' In Hong Kong | Business Insider
- Here's Where Job Growth Is Booming | Business Insider
- Gun Range Owner Declares Her Business A 'Muslim Free Zone... | Business Insider
- MARKETS TANK: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, LUV, DAL, AAL, UAL,... | Business Insider