Harry and Lloyd say "Buy" so it must be Right
Sorry fellow Masters, this Stock Master ain't buying it. There are too many problems to list and equities keep rising on a 'Smoke and Mirrors' everything is super mentality. How much higher can Apple (AAPL) and other popular stocks keep running?
Fun fact No. 1 to consider is how much stocks have recovered since 2008. Three years ago, the S&P 500 tanked to 683. Today the S&P 500 pushed past 1,400.
Fun Fact No 2 to consider, the average bull market lasts 53 months, or nearly four and a half years, according to Sam Stovall, equity strategist at Standard & Poor's Corp. But after a severe correction, a bull market lasts for only 26 more months before giving way. (source: LA Times).
Not to be Negative Nancy but the problems underlying bullish equity prices have not been solved, namely Greece, China, Lather, Rinse, Repeat. We tend not to listen and go with the herd in fear of missing out of stock prices going higher. After all, who doesn't want to milk a few more points out of their holdings before it all goes to hell. This was the case this week after Retail Sales and Banks said it was All Good, thus Everything is Fixed. More disturbing than all of the above has been the latest view on bonds. They're no good, therefore everyone should rush out and buy stocks. The Powers-that-be have issued a triple stamp no erasies that stock prices will keep increasing. You can't tripple stamp a double stamp which is why stocks like Apple (AAPL) will keep running.
You buying it?
For this next segment picture Goldman Sachs (GS) President Gary Cohn played by 'Harry' and CEO Lloyd Blankfein played naturally by -- 'LLoyd'. Enjoy, this is just how Wall Street works at the top.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Waiting for Humpty Dumpty | Financial Sense
- Don't Count Out Donald Trump Yet | ZeroHedge
- US Stocks Erase All Post-QE3 Gains, Tumble To Fed Balance Sheet 'Reality' Once More | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Sanders: The World Is Rejecting Globalization | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Draghi Said To Spark Speculation Of Another Global Central Bank Bailout | ZeroHedge
- The Crackdown Begins: Chinese Bank Sues To Seize Vancouver Real Estate Assets | ZeroHedge
- "Death To All Zombies!" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- China's reaction to Brexit has already put the entire world at risk | Business Insider
- This Mr. Potato Head isn't the most perfect spud — and that'... | Business Insider
- Young people haven't loved the economy this much since the tech boom... | Business Insider
- 24 crazy pictures of micro-apartments around the world | Business Insider
- Harvard, Stanford, and 20 other colleges that are worth the money | Business Insider
- Google gains confidence in RankBrain and... | Business Insider