Harry and Lloyd say "Buy" so it must be Right
Sorry fellow Masters, this Stock Master ain't buying it. There are too many problems to list and equities keep rising on a 'Smoke and Mirrors' everything is super mentality. How much higher can Apple (AAPL) and other popular stocks keep running?
Fun fact No. 1 to consider is how much stocks have recovered since 2008. Three years ago, the S&P 500 tanked to 683. Today the S&P 500 pushed past 1,400.
Fun Fact No 2 to consider, the average bull market lasts 53 months, or nearly four and a half years, according to Sam Stovall, equity strategist at Standard & Poor's Corp. But after a severe correction, a bull market lasts for only 26 more months before giving way. (source: LA Times).
Not to be Negative Nancy but the problems underlying bullish equity prices have not been solved, namely Greece, China, Lather, Rinse, Repeat. We tend not to listen and go with the herd in fear of missing out of stock prices going higher. After all, who doesn't want to milk a few more points out of their holdings before it all goes to hell. This was the case this week after Retail Sales and Banks said it was All Good, thus Everything is Fixed. More disturbing than all of the above has been the latest view on bonds. They're no good, therefore everyone should rush out and buy stocks. The Powers-that-be have issued a triple stamp no erasies that stock prices will keep increasing. You can't tripple stamp a double stamp which is why stocks like Apple (AAPL) will keep running.
You buying it?
For this next segment picture Goldman Sachs (GS) President Gary Cohn played by 'Harry' and CEO Lloyd Blankfein played naturally by -- 'LLoyd'. Enjoy, this is just how Wall Street works at the top.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks on Syrian Refugees | Financial Sense
- 1 Journalist Dead, 3 More Arrested After Exposing Turkey Arming Syrian Extremists | ZeroHedge
- Fourth Turning - Social & Cultural Distress Dividing The Nation | ZeroHedge
- How A Secretive Elite Created The EU To Build A World Government | ZeroHedge
- Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global | Financial Sense
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Personal Income for October | Financial Sense
- Mission Accomplished | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan's Hanyu smashes mystical 300-point mark | Business Insider
- Police: Active shooter at Colorado Planned Parenthood... | Business Insider
- No. 2 Alabama claims SEC West with 29-13 win over Auburn | Business Insider
- Hokies give Beamer 1 more win over Virginia, 23-20 | Business Insider
- No. 19 Mississippi beats No. 23 Miss. St 38-27 in Egg Bowl... | Business Insider
- Belgian scheme tries to nip radicalisation in the bud | Business Insider
- Long wait times plague Social Security disability process... | Business Insider