Harry and Lloyd say "Buy" so it must be Right
Sorry fellow Masters, this Stock Master ain't buying it. There are too many problems to list and equities keep rising on a 'Smoke and Mirrors' everything is super mentality. How much higher can Apple (AAPL) and other popular stocks keep running?
Fun fact No. 1 to consider is how much stocks have recovered since 2008. Three years ago, the S&P 500 tanked to 683. Today the S&P 500 pushed past 1,400.
Fun Fact No 2 to consider, the average bull market lasts 53 months, or nearly four and a half years, according to Sam Stovall, equity strategist at Standard & Poor's Corp. But after a severe correction, a bull market lasts for only 26 more months before giving way. (source: LA Times).
Not to be Negative Nancy but the problems underlying bullish equity prices have not been solved, namely Greece, China, Lather, Rinse, Repeat. We tend not to listen and go with the herd in fear of missing out of stock prices going higher. After all, who doesn't want to milk a few more points out of their holdings before it all goes to hell. This was the case this week after Retail Sales and Banks said it was All Good, thus Everything is Fixed. More disturbing than all of the above has been the latest view on bonds. They're no good, therefore everyone should rush out and buy stocks. The Powers-that-be have issued a triple stamp no erasies that stock prices will keep increasing. You can't tripple stamp a double stamp which is why stocks like Apple (AAPL) will keep running.
You buying it?
For this next segment picture Goldman Sachs (GS) President Gary Cohn played by 'Harry' and CEO Lloyd Blankfein played naturally by -- 'LLoyd'. Enjoy, this is just how Wall Street works at the top.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Leaving The EU's Customs Union Is The Only Logical Step For A Truly "Global Britain" | ZeroHedge
- Biggest VIX Crash Since Election Saves Dow From Worst Losing Streak In 39 Years | ZeroHedge
- Billionaire Slashes Asking Price For Beverly Hills Mega- Mansion By A Third, Or $66 Million | ZeroHedge
- Doing Well By Doing Good | Altucher Confidential
- Schiff Calls On House Intel Chair To Recuse Himself From Russia Probe; Nunes Refuses | ZeroHedge
- Trump Asks Why Intelligence Committee Isn't Probing The Clintons | ZeroHedge
- Is Twitter Now Censoring Drudge Report? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- North Carolina's Luke Maye got a standing ovation in his 8 a.m... | Business Insider
- These 9 states are where taxpayers get the biggest bang for their tax dollars | Business Insider
- Trump’s economic agenda may be over before it starts | Business Insider
- 'See them in court': Cities vow they'll resist the Trump... | Business Insider
- Uber finally released their diversity report — here's how it compares to... | Business Insider
- The world's rarest and most ancient dog has just been re-discovered in the wild... | Business Insider
- Paying people to stop smoking sounds controversial, but studies show it... | Business Insider