Harry and Lloyd say "Buy" so it must be Right
Sorry fellow Masters, this Stock Master ain't buying it. There are too many problems to list and equities keep rising on a 'Smoke and Mirrors' everything is super mentality. How much higher can Apple (AAPL) and other popular stocks keep running?
Fun fact No. 1 to consider is how much stocks have recovered since 2008. Three years ago, the S&P 500 tanked to 683. Today the S&P 500 pushed past 1,400.
Fun Fact No 2 to consider, the average bull market lasts 53 months, or nearly four and a half years, according to Sam Stovall, equity strategist at Standard & Poor's Corp. But after a severe correction, a bull market lasts for only 26 more months before giving way. (source: LA Times).
Not to be Negative Nancy but the problems underlying bullish equity prices have not been solved, namely Greece, China, Lather, Rinse, Repeat. We tend not to listen and go with the herd in fear of missing out of stock prices going higher. After all, who doesn't want to milk a few more points out of their holdings before it all goes to hell. This was the case this week after Retail Sales and Banks said it was All Good, thus Everything is Fixed. More disturbing than all of the above has been the latest view on bonds. They're no good, therefore everyone should rush out and buy stocks. The Powers-that-be have issued a triple stamp no erasies that stock prices will keep increasing. You can't tripple stamp a double stamp which is why stocks like Apple (AAPL) will keep running.
You buying it?
For this next segment picture Goldman Sachs (GS) President Gary Cohn played by 'Harry' and CEO Lloyd Blankfein played naturally by -- 'LLoyd'. Enjoy, this is just how Wall Street works at the top.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The First Casualty Is Truth | ZeroHedge
- Why So Worried? | ZeroHedge
- Wait Until You Get a Pitch Right Where You Want It! | Financial Sense
- China Manufacturing PMI Disappoints - In Contraction For 14th Straight Month | ZeroHedge
- Is Wall Street Cyber Secure? | Financial Sense
- Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts | Financial Sense
- Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What it was like in the bunker Hitler died in 71 years ago | Business Insider
- Leicester City player filmed the team's fantastic... | Business Insider
- US senator warns of ‘spying billboards’ that turn... | Business Insider
- We tried Lululemon's 'anti-ball-crushing pants' to see if... | Business Insider
- US soldier killed fighting ISIS in Iraq | Business Insider
- A French journalist infiltrated a jihadist cell: 'I... | Business Insider
- IT'S OFFICIAL: Millennials are now America's largest living... | Business Insider