Harry and Lloyd say "Buy" so it must be Right
Sorry fellow Masters, this Stock Master ain't buying it. There are too many problems to list and equities keep rising on a 'Smoke and Mirrors' everything is super mentality. How much higher can Apple (AAPL) and other popular stocks keep running?
Fun fact No. 1 to consider is how much stocks have recovered since 2008. Three years ago, the S&P 500 tanked to 683. Today the S&P 500 pushed past 1,400.
Fun Fact No 2 to consider, the average bull market lasts 53 months, or nearly four and a half years, according to Sam Stovall, equity strategist at Standard & Poor's Corp. But after a severe correction, a bull market lasts for only 26 more months before giving way. (source: LA Times).
Not to be Negative Nancy but the problems underlying bullish equity prices have not been solved, namely Greece, China, Lather, Rinse, Repeat. We tend not to listen and go with the herd in fear of missing out of stock prices going higher. After all, who doesn't want to milk a few more points out of their holdings before it all goes to hell. This was the case this week after Retail Sales and Banks said it was All Good, thus Everything is Fixed. More disturbing than all of the above has been the latest view on bonds. They're no good, therefore everyone should rush out and buy stocks. The Powers-that-be have issued a triple stamp no erasies that stock prices will keep increasing. You can't tripple stamp a double stamp which is why stocks like Apple (AAPL) will keep running.
You buying it?
For this next segment picture Goldman Sachs (GS) President Gary Cohn played by 'Harry' and CEO Lloyd Blankfein played naturally by -- 'LLoyd'. Enjoy, this is just how Wall Street works at the top.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- USDJPY Surges On Headline Government Pressuring BOJ To Boost Stimulus; Bloomberg Denies | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross Slams "Clueless Fed" Over 1.2% Growth In 12 Months | ZeroHedge
- Stock Pickers Throw In The Towel: "Active Manager Beta Exposure Is The Highest Ever" | ZeroHedge
- The FOMC Butterfly That Will Ruin The World | ZeroHedge
- Trump Unloads On Hillary Speech Attacking His "Dark" Vision For America | ZeroHedge
- European Bank Stress Test Preview: What To Expect And How To Trade It | ZeroHedge
- Hungary's PM Orban: Trump "Better Option For Europe" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the 'dullest market in decades,' but get ready for some turbulence ahead | Business Insider
- If you get caught using a VPN in the United Arab Emirates, you'll face fines... | Business Insider
- Watch Joe Biden's full speech... | Business Insider
- Here's what $5 billion in buybacks got Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- A new fund backed by George Soros and Michael Dell is off... | Business Insider
- Native advertising is the future of Internet marketing strategy (FB, TWTR) | Business Insider
- The 5 worst reasons for not including women in video games | Business Insider