Another Monday, another day for stocks to fall on Greece's issues that refuse to go away. Stocks are in the red again thanks to the demise of the Greek people.
Make that 8 losing trading sessions as investors worry mounted about Greece's possible exit from the euro zone. The lastest from BusinessWeek.com
(BusinessWeek) U.S. stocks opened sharply lower as Europe wrestles with what to do next about the financial crises in Greece.
Minutes after the opening bell Monday, the Dow Jones industrial average is down 107 points to 12,712.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index dropped 13 points to 1,340. The Nasdaq composite fell 24 points to 2,909.
Politicians in Athens resume power-sharing talks Monday as negotiations to create a government drag into a second week. The uncertainty is raising concerns that Greece could miss a debt payment.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tanker Rates Soar As China Hoards Saudi's "Cheap" Oil Amid Biggest Price Cut Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- It's The Entrepreneur That Saves An Economy – Not The Fed | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Boosts German GDP Forecast Due To "Surge In Immigration" | ZeroHedge
- More Pain For Biotechs Ahead: Valeant's "Astronomical" Price Increases Take Center Stage; Pfizer Gets Dragged In | ZeroHedge
- Dow Surges 650 Points Off "Dismal Jobs Data" Lows, Small Caps Up 5%! | ZeroHedge
- What Could Reverse the Global Market Decline? | Financial Sense
- All Bad at 0%? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Take a look at the best new skyscraper in the world | Business Insider
- Texas inmate says he shouldn't die for $8 robbery,... | Business Insider
- A former Facebook employee put up official-looking 'No Tech Zone' signs in San Francisco... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Hurricane Joaquin menacing Bermuda | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- STOCKS RALLY, DOW GAINS 300: Here's what you need to know (SPY, DJI, IXIC, QQQ, SPX, ONCE,... | Business Insider
- Gritty Fever top Lynx 75-69 in Game 1 of WNBA Finals | Business Insider