Another Monday, another day for stocks to fall on Greece's issues that refuse to go away. Stocks are in the red again thanks to the demise of the Greek people.
Make that 8 losing trading sessions as investors worry mounted about Greece's possible exit from the euro zone. The lastest from BusinessWeek.com
(BusinessWeek) U.S. stocks opened sharply lower as Europe wrestles with what to do next about the financial crises in Greece.
Minutes after the opening bell Monday, the Dow Jones industrial average is down 107 points to 12,712.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index dropped 13 points to 1,340. The Nasdaq composite fell 24 points to 2,909.
Politicians in Athens resume power-sharing talks Monday as negotiations to create a government drag into a second week. The uncertainty is raising concerns that Greece could miss a debt payment.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Martin Armstrong: Throw Out the Fundamentals—Negative Rates Could Push the Dow Up to 40,000 | Financial Sense
- The Real Motive Behind Al-Nusra "Split" From Al Qaeda | ZeroHedge
- From Socialist Utopia To Slave-Nation - Venezuela Unveils Shocking "Forced Labor" Law | ZeroHedge
- The DNC Summarized (In 1 Simple Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- Big Miss on US GDP; What to Watch If Things Are Heading South | Financial Sense
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz Reappears: "I Took One For The Team" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An up-and-coming Miami neighborhood appears to be the first place... | Business Insider
- US diplomats: Russia's actions are once again escalating the situation in Ukraine... | Business Insider
- Team USA's Opening Ceremony uniforms were just unveiled, and they... | Business Insider
- The way millionaires view money is different from everyone else | Business Insider
- Recent attacks in Western Europe are scaring away Chinese tourists | Business Insider
- The Japanese yen went through the roof, and the dollar is plunging | Business Insider
- 44 iconic pictures of Obama's first 100 days in office | Business Insider