Gogo is ruled by the Shorts
Gogo Inc (GOGO) shares have fallen 18% since the start of the new year. It is a not a 'Happy New Year' for Gogo shareholders.
WHY IS IT DOWN SO MUCH?
Short interest. The short interest in Gogo has increased 9% since last month clocking in at an incredible 33% (shortsqueeze.com). One-third of the Gogo shares out in trading land are positioned short. A major slap in the face to all who are long in the stock. Finviz.com clocks GOGO short interest at 28%, Yahoo Finance has the same number. Gogo shareholders are powerless as they await the next earnings call, until then volatility rules this stock.
Gogo shares are now below a key support level of $14. Unless we hear from the company before the Feb 23rd earnings call expect more of the same.
The current target price estimates are garbage. All of the firms covering the stock won't make a move until they hear the numbers next month. Due to the high short interest Gogo could rage in either direction following the results. The only thing the Street will care about is the guidance. If Gogo can't rake in more revenue, prove they are growing, or show they can make 1 penny in profit -- down the stock will go. However expectations are low at this point and that could work in favor for the longs.
It will take the shorts 17 days to cover at this point, that implies the stock could bounce 15 to 20% on any positive news on Feb 23rd. Gogo has the technology and AT&T is not persuing efforts to knock the company out of the sky. We have gone on record before urging the company to offer a lower cost alternative to only allow texting, say at a $5 price point.
Bottom line: Gogo can't worry about the share price, they can only execute on their business and hope Wall Street responds. Until next month, expect rocky trading. This round goes to the shorts.
|Ticker||Price||52 Wk-High||52 Wk-Low||P/E||EPS||From 52wk High||From 52wk Low||Finviz TP||% from Finviz TP|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Populism and the Long-Term Debt Cycle | Financial Sense
- New Snowflake Study Proves Kanye Right: "That Major That She Majored In Don't Make No Money" | ZeroHedge
- US Destroyer Has Close Encounter With Iranian Vessel in Straits of Hormuz | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Demand For Nuclear Shelters Soars Amid North Korea Tensions | ZeroHedge
- The Passive Indexing Trap | ZeroHedge
- Ivanka Trump Booed At Women's Conference In Berlin | ZeroHedge
- US Military Begins Moving THAAD Anti-Missile System Into South Korea Deployment Site | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Anonymous app Yik Yak, once valued at $400 million, reportedly sold its... | Business Insider
- Director: Trump told Roger Stone not to cooperate with the Netflix documentary... | Business Insider
- How China's aircraft carriers stack up against other military powers | Business Insider
- Trump to hit Syria's Assad with fresh round of sanctions on Syrian weapons programs | Business Insider
- THE IoT 101 REPORT: Your essential guide to the... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Government watchdog: F-35 will take millions more, months longer... | Business Insider