2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- U.S. Retail Offsets Eurozone Weakness | Financial Sense
- The Need To Escape Collapsing Empires | ZeroHedge
- Contrary To IRS Lies, Some 30,000 Lois Lerner "Forever Lost" Emails Have Been Recovered | ZeroHedge
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- Every One Wants Dollars (Again) | ZeroHedge
- What Does Oil Say About the True State of the Global Economy? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- The UK Has More Offshore Wind Turbines... | Business Insider
- This Smartphone Breathalyzer Will Keep You From Embarrassing Yourself At The Company Party [14... | Business Insider
- These Numbers Might Be The Most Shocking Thing About The... | Business Insider
- Arsenal, Man United in Premier League duel to stay in... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: CPI Flat in Oct.; Best Buy... | StreetInsider.com
- You Can Sleep In A Giant Dog For $98 A Night On Airbnb | Business Insider