2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap May 6, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Dogbert Explains 'Diversification' In Today's Market | ZeroHedge
- Markets Waiting for Bad 1st Quarter GDP | Financial Sense
- Greece Floats Surcharge On Withdrawals As ECB Considers Cuts To Liquidity Lifeline | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Warns Of "Harsher And Worse" US Attacks After Claiming Responsibility For Botched Texas Shooting | ZeroHedge
- Between A "Selling Panic" And Black Crows, Where Do German Bunds Go Next | ZeroHedge
- Fed Cites Weather, “Transitory” Factors in FOMC Statement; No Hat Tricks; What About Consumer Sentiment? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After... | StreetInsider.com
- The finding that men are pretending to work 80-hour weeks says a lot about modern... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 5/5: (PTC) (TASR) (KS) | StreetInsider.com
- $17 million in cocaine accidentally shipped to... | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley warns it could lose $292 mn in subprime... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, HLF, ALL, AAPL) | Business Insider
- Xbox One could get TV recording features this year (... | Business Insider