2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- American Spring Night 2: Coast-To-Coast Protests, "We Have Every Right To Destroy A System That Seeks To Destroy Us" | ZeroHedge
- The REAL Looting Is Happening On Wall Street … Not In Ferguson | ZeroHedge
- Oil Plunges As Venezuela Hints No Output Reduction | ZeroHedge
- THE TURKEY GODS ARE HERE | iBankCoin.com
- Michael Brown's Parents (And Al Sharpton) Address Media: Investigation Was 'Broken' - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Collapse After OPEC Keeps Oil Production Unchanged | ZeroHedge
- 19 US Shale Areas That Are Suddenly Endangered, "The Shale Revolution Doesn't Work At $80" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Source Close To Obama Shoots Down Billy Joel's Story About Smoking... | Business Insider
- This Is Not A Low-Wage Recovery — It's A Medium-To-Low-Wage Recovery | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 11/... | StreetInsider.com
- Now, Anyone On Earth Can See A View Of Our Planet From Space In Real Time | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- We Tried The Gourmet 'Bone Broth' That Everyone's Talking About — Here... | Business Insider
- Airbnb Exec Thinks The Company Should Win A Nobel Peace Prize | Business Insider