2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don't Overplay the Bounce | Financial Sense
- “No Safe Assets Anymore” So “Focus On Precious Metals” – Faber | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Surge As ECB Expands QE Monetization Limits, Boost Purchase Threshold From 25% to 33% Per Issue | ZeroHedge
- To Citi, "The Failure Of ECB QE Looks Clear" And The Global Reserve Unwind Will Only Make It Worse | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: 10 Things I Hate About (You) Twitter Finance | ZeroHedge
- The QE End-Game Decision Tree: Not "If" But "When" Central Banks Lose Control | ZeroHedge
- Hillary "Favorability" Nears All-Time Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sasquatch sighting! Maine police say Bigfoot artist nabbed... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is absolutely destroying his Republican rivals in almost every facet | Business Insider
- The boss of ASOS is leaving after 15 years | Business Insider
- Clooney, Bush and Biden among Stephen Colbert's first... | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert one-ups Jeb Bush raffle with 1 of his own... | Business Insider
- China pledges to cut 300,000 troops from its massive army | Business Insider
- This bizarre 'Fake A Baby' website helped a teen dupe... | Business Insider