2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece’s Snap Elections Increase Uncertainty About EU Future | Financial Sense
- Bob Janjuah: Forget Rate Hikes, "We May Well Need QE4 From The Fed" | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Consolidates as Oil Slide Continues | Financial Sense
- FOMC Recap | Financial Sense
- Swiss Central Bank Plunges Into NIRP, Sends Deposit Rates Negative, Scrambles Against Safe-Haven Capital Flight | ZeroHedge
- The Great Generic Drug Rip-Off | ZeroHedge
- The Stuff Is Already Hitting the Fan in the Currency Markets | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google's Search Ad Policies Cost This Company $1 Million (... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (GOOG) | Business Insider
- So When Are Rates Rising? How to Handicap the Fed's Latest Message | TheStreet.com
- Will Bitcoin Ever Really Take Off, Even With Microsoft Now Accepting It? | TheStreet.com
- One Important Reason Nike Continues to Dunk the Competition | TheStreet.com
- NICE BIG DROP IN JOBLESS CLAIMS (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek