2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The American 'Recovery' In 1 Chart | ZeroHedge
- China's President Confirms Practice Of Moving Official Reserve Assets To Other Entities In China | ZeroHedge
- Emerging Market Meltdown May Plunge Global Economy Into Recession | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Oil Minister Puts On Brave Face Amid Severe Headwinds: "Eventually, Economic Producers Will Prevail" | ZeroHedge
- What Will Happen To Oil Prices When China Fills Its SPR? | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: I Wish Nobody Was Bombing Syria | ZeroHedge
- Credit Markets Suggest Caution | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rep. Chaffetz, brash committee chairman, eyes speaker... | Business Insider
- Lots of people are saying this fantasy football scandal was inevitable | Business Insider
- In writings, Ore. gunman ranted about having no girlfriend... | Business Insider
- Turkey says Russian envoy summoned over new air... | Business Insider
- Police are searching for a missing Salesforce employee after a boat accident | Business Insider
- Glencore shares are sinking as European markets open | Business Insider
- Why iPhone owners only sometimes see accept/decline buttons when receiving... | Business Insider