2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mapping The Most Dangerous Places To Live In The World | ZeroHedge
- Core Durable Goods Orders Tumble For 14th Month To Lowest Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Uncertain Global Growth and Policy Environment | Financial Sense
- This Data Shows The Shale Debt Crisis Is Hitting Record Levels | Financial Sense
- WTI Crude Tumbles To $43 Handle As Demand Fears Grow | ZeroHedge
- Warning: Hawkishness Ahead | Financial Sense
- Lessons from Japan: Decades of Decay, Endless Monetary Expansion | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Martin Shkreli, negative yields and Twitter | Business Insider
- Why 20-somethings are burning out at work — and how to fix... | Business Insider
- Argentina is trolling Trump to hype a big international soccer... | Business Insider
- 'Apocalypse' in Canada: Wildfires have forced 80,000 people... | Business Insider
- A new movement that uses science to trick your brain could... | Business Insider
- 14 skills every professional should have | Business Insider