2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Spain Sells First-Ever 50 Year Bonds At 4% Coupon | ZeroHedge
- The Eurozone Is a Growing Problem for U.S. Economy | Financial Sense
- The Intersection Of Church And State - In One Chart And 44 Bubbles | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Is Building the World’s Largest Tidal Array | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Rises Again | Financial Sense
- SKiLLeD LaBoR... | ZeroHedge
- Deflation’s Final Curtain Call (Part 2) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dutch Heineken to sell Mexican package business for $1.2bn... | Business Insider
- 9 Authentic Mexican Dishes You Should Eat Instead Of The Tex-Mex Knockoffs | Business Insider
- Putin's Trump Card In Ukraine: Winter Is Coming | Business Insider
- Cramer: Tech Trio Comes Through | TheStreet.com
- Health workers death toll mounts in W.Africa as Ebola... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's The Hard Work That Goes Into Catching Your Lobster | Business Insider