2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Total Societal Collapse: What The Media Isn't Telling You About Venezuela | ZeroHedge
- Too Much Money, Not Enough Gold | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing Flashes "Warning Light" As New Orders, Employment Tumble | ZeroHedge
- Crude Slammed After Inventory Builds Across Entire Oil/Product Complex | ZeroHedge
- No Rate Hike Fears Here: Record Foreign Central Bank Bid In Stellar 5 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- Three Political Risks to Watch Out for Post-US Election | Financial Sense
- “Saving Social Security” May End in Dollar Devaluation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Take up to half off a pair of Cole Haan dress shoes — and more of today's... | Business Insider
- How Kobe Bryant makes and spends his millions | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- I gave up breakfast for a week and drank this caffeinated meal-replacement shake instead | Business Insider
- How a former refugee uses drones to help others survive dangerous ocean crossings | Business Insider
- ‘Super-human’ athletes are at risk from post-Olympic... | Business Insider
- THE DRONES REPORT: Market forecasts, regulatory barriers, top vendors, and... | Business Insider