2 Game Stocks Bounce
Could Electronic Arts (EA) really be up for sale? Its a big whatever but gamers are spending more time is cyberspace. Thanks to buyout rumors and positive gaming news its helping Take-Two (TTWO) as well.
Take-Two has been on the buyout watch before, recall the $26 per share offer by EA back in 2008. Take-Two could have sold out for $2 billion, today the company is worth less than half that with a market cap of $880 million. Take-Two (TTWO) shares are up 4% and trading at $9.80. Its possible Take-Two could break the $9 level as we discussed in June in Nine Dollar Stocks for Sale (TTWO, F, ERIC, MGM). EA is the subject of interest today, its just a rumor but Jon Ogg breaks down the details at DailyFinance.
Cowen's and Co. analyst Doug Creutz, in a report published on Tuesday, says: "Total social gaming DAU (daily active users) grew in July after three months of significant declines." That's great news for EA, TTWO but not for the crappiest online gaming stock of them all -- Zynga (ZNGA).
ZNGA shares are down 4% to $2.93 today. That makes a 70% decline for ZNGA since the IPO last December. Its difficult to get excited about investing in Farmville which is why the stock keeps struggling.
Game Stocks on the Move
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lakshman on US Slowdown, Shocks, and China | Financial Sense
- Post-Payrolls Reaction: Sell Everything, Buy Dollars | ZeroHedge
- Economics Explained (In 1 Simple Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Facebook's War On Freedom Of Speech | ZeroHedge
- An Update On The Waiter And Bartender Recovery | ZeroHedge
- Have Stocks Priced In A Recession? (Spolier Alert: Not Even Close) | ZeroHedge
- "Back Then I Was A True Believer" - How A Military Officer's Life Changed Forever 13 Years Ago | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bernie Sanders melted away a 30-point Hillary Clinton lead in a new... | Business Insider
- A simple trick could help you learn some physical... | Business Insider
- Real-estate experts say these will be the 10 hottest US neighborhoods in 2016 | Business Insider
- How Cam Newton... | Business Insider
- NASA's Spirit Mars rover found mysterious growths on Mars... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- A Stanford professor says eliminating 2 phrases from your... | Business Insider