When the Market Falls Buy FB
During times like these we look for one stock you can pull the trigger on and buy while everything burns to the ground. That equity is single-handedly Facebook, Inc (FB).
Another week, another dip or spike in the major indicies. Enough. We are all sick of it and want to be able to put our faith and security into some equity that will go up more often than down. Can you think of a better gauge of spending, advertising, indulgence than Facebook? I dare you to.
All stocks took a dive last week and Facebook has regained its position. It dropped to $108 and closed today at $114.19. Year-to-date FB shares are up 9% while the Dow and S&P 500 are pieces of shit. Facebook has an impressive and uncomparable 1.65 million monthly users. Alexa charts Facebook.com as the No. 3 most popular website on earth. Google.com and YouTube.com are No.2 and No. 3 respectively, both properties of Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL). While the market has rocked us all, Facebook has amounted a worth net over $300 billion, for the eighth-largest market capitalization on the S&P 500.
FB in the last 12 months has increased its profit from $3 billion to nearly $5 billion. Check is in the mail.
We turn to Fool.com for a thesis to buy:
Now what: In April, Zuckerberg outlined a few key growth areas that executives see as critical to boosting the user base beyond the 1.1 billion people who, on average, use Facebook for nearly an hour each day. These initiatives include video upgrades like the new live broadcasting function and 360-degree interactive content. The company also sees a bright future ahead for messaging, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality.
A new structure to Facebook's shares keeps Zuckerberg firmly in the driver's seat while those initiatives develop. What that means for shareholders is that the company is likely to continue making big bets that may or may not have any obvious payoff. "When I look out at the future," the CEO told investors in April, "I see more bold moves ahead of us than behind us."
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Iraq War Architect, Paul Wolfowitz, Is Becoming Optimistic On Trump | ZeroHedge
- Crashing Canadian Mortgage Lender Bailed-Out By 321,000 Retired Ontario Healthcare Workers | ZeroHedge
- Macron Booed, Jeered By Factory Workers In His Hometown After Le Pen "Ambush" | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Warns "Trump Now A Captive Of The Deep State" | ZeroHedge
- NBC News Writes "What Should You Do In Case Of Nuclear Attack?" | ZeroHedge
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- Ethereum Surges To All Time High As SEC Considers Ether-based ETF | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NASDAQ TOPS 6,000 FOR THE FIRST TIME: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- A Silicon Valley engineer was arrested after... | Business Insider
- Amazon wants to take advantage of the self-driving... | Business Insider
- Now is the time of year for guys to experiment with bolder shirts | Business Insider
- 11 life-hack gadgets that will make your workspace more comfortable and organized | Business Insider
- Oil slides after Libya restarts pumping for export | Business Insider
- The European parliament wants to regulate... | Business Insider