When the Market Falls Buy FB
During times like these we look for one stock you can pull the trigger on and buy while everything burns to the ground. That equity is single-handedly Facebook, Inc (FB).
Another week, another dip or spike in the major indicies. Enough. We are all sick of it and want to be able to put our faith and security into some equity that will go up more often than down. Can you think of a better gauge of spending, advertising, indulgence than Facebook? I dare you to.
All stocks took a dive last week and Facebook has regained its position. It dropped to $108 and closed today at $114.19. Year-to-date FB shares are up 9% while the Dow and S&P 500 are pieces of shit. Facebook has an impressive and uncomparable 1.65 million monthly users. Alexa charts Facebook.com as the No. 3 most popular website on earth. Google.com and YouTube.com are No.2 and No. 3 respectively, both properties of Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL). While the market has rocked us all, Facebook has amounted a worth net over $300 billion, for the eighth-largest market capitalization on the S&P 500.
FB in the last 12 months has increased its profit from $3 billion to nearly $5 billion. Check is in the mail.
We turn to Fool.com for a thesis to buy:
Now what: In April, Zuckerberg outlined a few key growth areas that executives see as critical to boosting the user base beyond the 1.1 billion people who, on average, use Facebook for nearly an hour each day. These initiatives include video upgrades like the new live broadcasting function and 360-degree interactive content. The company also sees a bright future ahead for messaging, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality.
A new structure to Facebook's shares keeps Zuckerberg firmly in the driver's seat while those initiatives develop. What that means for shareholders is that the company is likely to continue making big bets that may or may not have any obvious payoff. "When I look out at the future," the CEO told investors in April, "I see more bold moves ahead of us than behind us."
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Price 'Struggling' as Trump 'Set to Sway' Fed Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- What To Watch For In President Trump's Address To Congress | ZeroHedge
- European Gold Nears Brexit Highs As Elections Loom | ZeroHedge
- Romania's Unrevolutionary Revolution | ZeroHedge
- The Dow Streak May Be Finally Over, But In February Everything Was Up | ZeroHedge
- North Korea Hacking Spree: Is Blockchain the Solution? | Financial Sense
- Second House Conservative Won't Back Trump's Obamacare Replacement | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- 8 ways to lower your taxes forever, according to a... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- It seems like we now know how the wrong Oscar envelope got into Warren Beatty's hands | Business Insider
- JPMorgan is hiring bankers in a city near you | Business Insider
- The TV ratings for the Oscars were the lowest in 9 years | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek